• Published 22nd Apr 2012
  • 1,106 Views, 6 Comments

Cursed Eclipse - Captive Light - AImostpure



The birth of an unusual Alicorn signals the begining of change.

  • ...
1
 6
 1,106

Save Your Self

Gold Mine's doctor had insisted that he remain hospitalized until he finished his physical therapy. He ignored the warnings choosing to leave the very next day after sharing a new sense of devotion to Diamond. During his absence, Diamond had hired a maid to come daily instead of weekly, his wife informed him that to keep Eclipse in line she had threatened to bring her brother right to her to be executed should she hear anything from the cellar, and for Eclipse to remain in her bedroom during each meal hour as not to be seen when the chef brought her food. Through most of the first week, Gold met with a female Griffon in his study every day. He hired a nurse through the griffon, made arrangements with his attorneys, and information from the doctor. He hired a personal nurse to come each day to assist him with the tasks he no longer could and to give some therapy to his muscles. He'd be back to his old self, as much as he could, as quickly as he could.

An autumn yellow colt waited besides the door inside of Gold's study. He wore a simple white lab coat to his waist to not hide his cutie mark of rolled bandage tape. The pony was muscular and fit giving the argument that he was more ponyguard than actual nurse. “Mr. Gold. I advise that you do not smoke while you are taking your medications.” The colt snorted away a puff of smoke that came close to his muzzle.

As he did before he had suffered his time in the hospital, Gold Mine was relaxing in his large, plush chair. What magic he could use was wrapped around his cigar keeping it between his lips. His mane was buzzed down shorter than he liked to have it. The hospital kept his appearance up for him and didn't bother to ask his wife what to do. Much of the pigmentation of his normally golden blonde hair was dulled into a whiter color. It was suspected that the damage to his magic was the key cause. New clothing was ordered specialty made. Despite the lack of popularity for stallion pants, Gold had multiple pairs ordered from common fabrics to fancy slacks. He wanted to keep as much of the scarring away from the sight of other ponies. Braces were placed on each of his limbs to aid in their movements. Should he seize up, they would act as a method for him to stay standing or lower down without injury. Gold Mine hated them. “I am paying you to help with my therapy, not with my medications or my pleasures. Now, you don't need to be at the gym is twenty six minutes so when my colleague arrives go make yourself a protein shake.”

As if on cue, the feathered knocking of a griffin thumped the door. The nurse grunted his discontent twisting his hooves and body to open the door for the guest. He excused him self giving a quick glance to the griffin. The nurse snickered softly under his breath bringing a ire from the bird creature.

Handy Candy was unusual as far as griffins went. She was barely over 4 feet tall, had her feathers tattooed over to create a cutie mark of a piece of bubble gum. Her appearance was hard and tough, jaw slacked, and her feathers combed back on her head. To further show how unusual she was, her other feathers had been painted with a dark pink tone. She didn't waste time coming to one of the two chairs that Gold had for those he met with. “Alrigh', Boss, iffin ye gat anymo' of those ponies that needs tah beh taken care of tell meh now so I con git it intah action, eh?” The mangled and gibberish speech always hurt Gold's ears.

“Handy Candy my good griffon. Actually yes, I do have more work for you.” Gold brought his hooves together gingerly rubbing them upon themselves. First,” His magic swirled from his horn pulling the door of his study closed. The exertion of magic to his cigar and the door pierced needles into his brain. He brought one hoof over cradling his head. “As you are aware. I told the sheriff my attackers work for me. Just in case they do not find the true culprits, I want you to plant some evidence. You used to sell funny candy to the foals at schools, put some of that in their belongings. The inspectors as well. I want their reputation ruined.” Thick smoke was pulled into his lungs with a pained breath. “Basically, just do what you do, only worse, to small competitors.”

“Wut ell, boss? Gotta kep brinin' tat up do ya?” The griffin crossed her wings across her dark pink feathered chest. “Sellin tah the foals is much behind me, ya?” Handy Candy leaned forward resting her left elbow against the desk's top. “But I get what ya sayin now, ya? Git this done and it goes smoothly for ya, then I git to git paid.” Her right eye winked in Gold's direction. “Now, wot you say I get this done soon?”

“I was hoping you would. Also,” Gold glanced down in front of him across his desk. A fore hoof moved forward pushing an envelope across the desk towards Handy's direction. “This is a certificate I'm sure you will enjoy. Unicorn magic at its finest will ensure your feathers always grow out that,” his voice reeked of sarcasm but the griffin wouldn't know the difference, “Beautiful pink.”

For a griffon that wanted to be a pony this was a dream of a life time. The envelope was scooped up with much glee and giggling tearing it open to reveal the embossed certificate. It was good for one magic dying for a doctor that Handy Candy could barely pronounce. Tears swelled in her eyes at the delight of finally having one of her long time dreams coming true. “Ah don' ye worry, boss, Ell get em before ye can coll the nos papel.” The griffin shot up onto her talons twisting around to return to the door of the study. Her free hand was raised giving a wave back to her employer. “I'll 'end a note when the deed is done, ya?

Gold Mine waved off the griffin before shuffling papers set before him. Plans for renovating mines, catering for a party celebrating the Hearths Warming Eve celebration, and a life insurance policy. The policy slid beneath Gold's hoof drawing his eyes to the writing. It was dated thirty years ago a week after Diamond and him were married. The policy began as a five hundred thousand bit policy raising a hundred thousand bits every five years. A malicious grin curled over his lips pulling his cigar to set the red stained tip upwards. “Oh my dear wife. With my self being the soul beneficiary of all of her property, rightfully claiming my own back then, she's worth more dead then she is alive.” Another heavy puff of smoke escaped his nostrils permeating the room with the cancerous cloud.

~*~*~*~*~*~

During the light hours when she could sleep, Eclipse had found a new escape from her prison. Every time she was able to she no longer dreamed of being outside of her stone cell but instead was among the stars. The foal was safe to play, sing, and enjoy warmth again in Nightmare Moon's confinement. Nightmare Moon and Eclipse would talk for the hours that she slept, exchanging stories from the books the little filly read or stories of old Nightmare would tell. Eclipse felt a safety in Nightmare Moon's presence she only felt before with Blueberry.

Eclipse's waking hours were not as pleasant. She stayed awake for breakfast and lunch making sure she didn't miss those meals. Dinner was always left for her and the dishes picked up the following morning so it didn't matter when she ate it. Most of her meals were light and rarely anything other then alfalfa, lettuce, carrots, and nuts; mostly foods to keep her from suffering from extreme malnutrition. She never saw Gold or Diamond since that fateful day. Save for Nightmare Moon, Eclipse saw no one of the outside world. Every book she had was read a dozen times over, every text book had the problems and questions solved, and crayons and writing utensils long gone. The silhouette of Nightmare came during the time she was awake. It always seemed drawn to her presence.

The time Eclipse spent with Nightmare Moon became more intense as the years went by. Nightmare seemed to become possessively protective of the young foal. Nightmare ranted some nights explaining that when the ruler of the night returned to Equestria her sister and the Mine Family would pay dearly for the deeds they have committed. Every year closer to the one thousandth year saw the Mare in the Moon becoming more fanatical, but something kept her remaining soothing and comforting to Eclipse. This never seemed to bother the filly. She took it all with a smile believing nothing would ever come of it.

Eclipse rarely knew what day it was in the week or what month it was. She only seemed to understand when two specific holidays occurred; Hearth Warming Eve and Summer Sun Festival. Eclipse would wait up through the night listening to the music, quietly dancing with Nightmare's silhouette, and singing along when the merriment upstairs turned to it. When the guests could be heard leaving, and the excitement died down, Eclipse would wait at the bottom of the cellar stairs, eagerly hoping that someone would bring her a treat or even a snack from the party. Each time she was disappointed, returning to bed to sleep away her sadness.

This life was something no pony should ever have to go through, but it wouldn't last forever.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Twelve cycles this year had passed since Eclipse's birth. Gold and Diamond Mine lived their lives with a new passion for love and life. They held parties during the holidays, took vacations to tropical and luxurious locals, and made plans for their golden years. Far from the activities of central Equestria and far from the plights and perils, a newly married couple enjoyed the warmth of their bodies pressed together.

Birds of paradise sang the opening tunes to the waking day. Celestia's sun brimmed over the horizon offering an orange glow over the tropical paradise of Neighwaii. A chain of islands in the ocean west of Equestria. Each island held tropical climate, white sandy beaches, clear water rivers and falls, and ocean water sparkling as the night. Many ponies went on their honeymoons and vacations here far away from their troubles and woes. It had been said that Celestia had a hidden home away from home tucked away somewhere on the islands. Ponies spent time and money buying fake maps and searching for the fabled lodgings.

Besides the beach a pair of newly weds spooned their bodies together. Iron Mind held his new bride from behind not daring to let any space come between them. His forelegs tightly came just above her waist. Iron's eyes had been opened since the birds had first began to sing for the day. He lied awake watching his beloved sleep after their night of passion. Warm gaze never moved from her. He admired everything about her, especially the extent she went to win him over. Iron Mind tilted his head back quickly enough for his black mane to be withdrawn from his face. He wished not to have his vision distorted as he watched her, his wife, Split Atom.

Split Atom's body laid nestled against Iron with her back to him. A light bed sheet of white wrapped around their joined forms. A glistening layer of sweat twinkled when the sun's rays hit them. She was a unicorn of exceptional intelligence. Often frightening or putting off others around with how well she could remember things or how fast she could calculate mathematical equations. Candy apple red mane, cut short barely hung half down down her neck. The mare's coat was beautiful a sunset orange, darker than her mane. Her cutie mark resembled an Atom with a beaker at its center. She was a scientist employed by Celestia's energy commission for finding new methods of delivering energy to the small towns.

The two of them met during a science convention held at the Castle. Iron Mind had taken his duty directly protecting Princess Celestia as she toured to each booth. When Split Atom first approach the two, they were taken back when she gushed questions out to Iron instead of her Majesty. She questions ran from the color of his mane, to the sign he was born under, all the way to his grades in school. Iron Mind had dismissed it all at the time as confusion of her believing the armored colt was a scientist instead of a soldier despite his obvious appearance. Several days had passed and he saw the mare again, this time she was questioning other guards while her magic held a quill and paper jotting down the information. Iron Mind later learned she was collecting data on him.

Events like this went on for several months. Iron Mind found items in his room missing, then returned days later, photographs were randomly taken by photographers while he went on patrols or in the streets, guards spoke of shadows following where ever Iron Mind went, and blank parchments came delivered to him at random times of the day. The guard captain found him self perplexed and paranoid that this obsessive behavior would become more dangerous as things went by.

His worries exploded into flames igniting a wild fire of catastrophic fear the day he came to the throne room to find Split Atom speaking with the Princess. The Princess' eyes that day were filled with laughed and she held a hoof to her mouth as she chortled out the simple command. “You are to accompany, Miss Atom, on a date.” Iron's silver coat could have been confused with snow white in despair. He wondered how the Princess could do such a thing to the captain. Despite everything, the date went better than he had anticipated. Her charm, intelligence, and lack of regard for subtly when dealing with rude individuals won the captain over quickly.

The night of the marriage proposal was unique as they occurred. In the middle of a meeting with the other guards, Split Atom forced her way in carrying a small, velvet box with her magic near her. She approached straight to Iron and began her speech. It was something he didn't believe he could forget.

“After much testing and taking notes, I have determined that our compatibility is within the ninety five to ninety eight range. This is sufficient for marriage. A projection of our yearly income shows we can support a family of our selves plus four to five foals comfortably. Personality comparisons, DNA checking, and magic strength show our offspring will be among the strongest and the brightest. Furthermore, we share strong emotions to one another that would suffice for marriage.” The velvet box opened revealing a man's engagement ring fit for the lower portion of one's horn. Split's magic circled it pulling it upwards then straight down Iron Mind's horn to let it fit snugly near its base. “Lastly, if you say no, Princess Celestia has give me her support. Good day, Fiance.”

To the covered snickers and held back laughter of the other guards, Iron Mind was simply standing there in shock. He had his own plans to propose to her but this was never expected. Once Split had left, the chorus of laughter in the room was deafening.

Now, months later, the two were married and on their honeymoon. “Darling, since you woke up two hours ago you have blinked an average of seventeen thousand, two hundred eighty telling me that you have been focusing on something.” Split spoke with a soft, monotone voice. She remained where she was nestled back against her lover.

“Oh? And how did you come up with that number?” Iron quizzically asked leaning forward to gently peck his lips on her furred neck.

“The average adult blinks three to four times per minute when focused, and you have been awake three hours.” The reply came with a confident win over the stallion.

“You caught me. And here I thought you were sleep.” His forelegs shifted drawing to turn Split around to face him. He brought his face down to her's drawing their lips in a sensual, loving dance of their tongues.

The mare drew her self back, gasping for air and to cease the quick thumping of her heart. “I woke when you did, but I was curious to what my husband might do while I slept.” Her horn glowed softly pulling the swinging doors from the window to let the warm breeze blow in. “It seems you enjoy fixating on me.”

“How can I not?” The smile on his face could melt the ice of winter. He adored the mare in his arms. Every day they spent together he found something else that fascinated him self about her. He tipped his head a bit, relaxing his horn against her's. “And do not worry, work is far from my mind.”

“Good,” Split spoke warningly, “If you do Princess Celestia will make you retake me on a honeymoon and you'll miss more work.”

Iron Mind thought back to their wedding. The few friends he had there were fellow guards and the rest were from Split Atom's side. Princess Celestia had even been there volunteering to act as their priest when they performed their vows. It was a beautiful ceremony in the Castle Gardens. Before the pair left for Neighwaii, the Princess gave a quiet warning to Iron Mind and spoke loud enough for Split Atom to hear. Celestia warned that if Iron tried to think about his duty, or contact the castle to find out how things were, she would force him to take an immediate second honeymoon to make up for it.

The stallion again gazed down at his loving wife. Iron Mind had finally found a sense of calm he never knew. His family no longer haunted his mind for he found the love he had always sought after. Iron was suddenly caught off guard when Split pushed her hooves to his shoulders pinning him to the bed. She rolled her body on top of his letting their hips meet.

“Time for round two my husband.” The dagger like smile cut into him telling of the naughty thoughts running through her mind. Iron simply smiled.

~*~*~*~*~*~

In the eight years since Gold Mine suffered from karmic retribution, he had gained better control over his weakened muscles. No longer did he feel a snake's vice grip squeezing his flesh causing him to cringe in pain just to leave his bed. Golden waves of wheat gold showered from his mane over his firm shoulders. He wore clothing at any time he wasn't alone with Diamond. Even in the time he had to heal, the scars were a constant reminder of his perceived weakness. His inability to control Eclipse in that time through shear strength and abuse had clouded his mind causing a rift in his self confidence.

As Gold Mine and Diamond Mine stood before a crowd of onlookers in Fillyton, he felt he had gained what he had lost back. The wealthy mine owner stood on a wooden deck overlooking the crowd of ponies. Behind him a large object stood beneath a cotton white blanket. His front hooves pressed against the creaky wooden podium pulling him self on braced, wobbly hind legs. His tail lashed back behind him blown lightly by the breeze. He smiled a cutthroat expression laying down his superiority over the common rabble. “My fellow Equestrians! On this Summer's Eve Festival I am proud to present a present a for my fellow citizens. Eight years ago I suffered a ruthless attack by those wanting to take advantage of my generosity, but thanks to all of you and your effort to find those responsible the three attackers are now in Celestia's Dungeon!” The resounding applause of hooves pounding against the ground could outmatch a marching band on the streets during a parade. “And so on this beautiful night before the longest day, I present to you this gift!” He raised both of his hooves to the sky as magic from worker unicorns withdrew the blanket from behind him.

The gift was a statue of a special marble. It was carved as Princess Celestia with her front hooves raised high rearing back her body in a gallant pose. The statue was designed to turn in the direction that the sun and moon was in the sky. It represented Princess Celestia's daily gift to pony kind. The marble was a soft white magnifying the glow of the moon and soon the sun when it raised the following morning. Diamond moved up besides her husband wrapping her forelegs around his right foreleg. He smiled to her, and she to him with a love that could defy nature. Gold leaned down placing the softest of kisses to her cheek, yet his eyes strayed to the crowd.

Within the crowd Gold watched a single mare, her name Esstee Dee. The mare was known around Fillyton for her many affairs with both fillies and colts alike. A pear green coat and earthen colored mane adorned with a single side braid over her right side. Her cutie mark was simple in explaining what she did; three shattered red hearts. A long time affair they had been sharing beneath Diamond's very nose. Gold chuckled lightly waving off the crowd to join the festivities, parties, and refreshments on what would soon be the longest day of the year. Little did any of them know that this night would be the longest night they would ever experience.

~*~*~*~*~*~

It was the sixteenth year of Eclipse's life. Despite her circumstances, she had aged beautifully within the dank, dark hollow. Her mane took on a new appearance within the past year. The blue gray became crystalline in appearance shimmered a star's dancing glow. It fell in a wave fashion crossing down the left side of her face covering her eye. Moonlit orbs became more vibrant, alluring in even the most innocent of mannerisms Eclipse did. Yet, even covered by her mane it still shinned through the veil. Even inclosed in the small quarters, Eclipse practiced hard to keep her wings strong each and every day. Exercises included hovering in place, sweeping dust away from her worn furniture, and creating a breeze during the heat. Eclipse's magic didn't seem diminished even with her broken horn. Telepathy was still the major focus of her studies, as it was for many unicorns. Finally, the filly's body had grown from being a goal but she still remained smaller than most mares. Petite and slender with a coat of slate storm cloud gray. She had finally reached her adulthood.

In the year before the coming one thousandth year of the Summer Sun Festival, Nightmare Moon had changed. The Mare in the Moon had turned her thoughts, her rants, and her passion towards her coming freedom. Torrents of magic radiated an enigma of hate and malcontent for the ponies of Equestria. Eclipse never was able to get a word in edge wise. She was cut off from being able to talk down Nightmare by being reminded of the wrath of her father and insinuating that many of the other ponies would view her the same as they did Nightmare. Even with the cruel words, she assured Eclipse that things would be better once she was freed. Nightmare Moon seemed to understand Eclipse better then Eclipse did herself. A thought always came back to her; what did Nightmare Moon know about her that she did not know her self?

The night before the Summer Sun Festival, Nightmare Moon made a final promise to Eclipse when she came to her Moonlit Prison. “I will free you.” A feeling of dread and insecurity built inside a cage of courage and hope. Eclipse ignored the music above. She was more focused on awaiting the time that she could be rid of this place. Her bedroom would be the final place she chose to be in. On her haunches she sat watching the upper window eagerly. If Nightmare Moon succeeded the sun would not rise and she would never see the moon pass down to rest again.

In another place on this night, in the fabled Everfree Forest, a group of five ponies just barely older than Eclipse fought to restore balance to Equestria. The Power of Friendship fueled the Elements of Harmony and banished the darkness from Nightmare Moon's heart. Disbelief clouded moon lit eyes with sorrowful droplets when she saw the moon came down into view of her window. The image of the Mare was washed away from the surface. Nightmare's imprisonment had ended, but the eternal night and safety from Eclipse's own prison seemed to continue.

Grudgingly, with hope lost to her, Eclipse trotted on heavy hooves to her bed. Her two dolls of Nightmare Moon and Celestia, and her red rock were pulled close to her with magic then held by her forelegs. Filthy and stained blanket was drawn up close to her with her cracked horn's power covering her slender form. An uneasy slumber overtook her wondering if when she would awaken next, would she be on the moon again. The last breaking of her heat could be mended and some hope returned.

In a jolt of energy Eclipse sat up. She would be on the moon as whenever she fell asleep before. She'd see Nightmare Moon's loving face greeting her back to this place. Cold reality sent shivers through her body. She had not returned to the star lit roads and galaxy sky that she was used to. Sheets slid down her quaking form resting at the base just above her tail. Her wings and ears drooped in unison finding she was at the same place she fell asleep in. The faded walls reminded her of the hopelessness of her situation. Twinkling locks fell blanketing her face when she dropped back down to the bed. Tears did not fall as the last portion of her heart melted away. There were none left after sixteen years of torment and shattered memories.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Equestria had survived another land altering battle six months prior. Discord, freed from his stone prison, was returned by the same six ponies that stopped Nightmare Moon. The chaos that changed the land scape was banished bringing forth peace to nature and pony alike. Gold Mine had found a new profit in the problems that occurred. Under an alternative business name, he sold amulets that would ward away the dangerous that ponies faced in the past two years. The investigation into the mine accident turned him in his favor when 3 pony workers were convicted of assaulting him, and a number of the inspectors were caught with illegal substances. The courts found Gold Mine less responsible than was anticipated forcing only minor fines and making him repair equipment and purchased new supports for the mines. It was a little loss that he recovered with the sales from his amulets to gullible ponies.

In the late evening, the Mine's carriage came in front of their property. The driver promptly removed the harness to rush to the carriage door. Teeth bit down against the handle withdrawing it back allowing the rider inside safe passage from the compartment. Diamond stepped down, forelegs first, magic decorating her bags with a faint, brown aura behind her. Another successful shopping expenditure in Canterlot and her arrival back by train. She paid no mind to the driver, no thanks, or even a courtesy smile, just brushed him aside to go to her home.

The driver scoffed once Diamond was with in the walls of the manor. He had long hated this job since twelve years prior. These were not good ponies. His driver caps was tipped forward with his right hoof pressing to its tip. He was finished with his business here. Turning with his back to the manor, he galloped straight away to return to Fillyton. A ping of hunger was his adrenaline to reach home sooner.

“Gold! I'm home!” Diamond's voice sounded harmonic with a cheery disposition. The mare dropped her bags at the sides of the door. The maid would take care of them in the morning when she arrived. “Gold?” Diamond questioned now wondering why no answer was coming. She felt a prickling in her hooves, worry and doubt stinging at her mind. Gradually, she made her way to the second floor. She did not smell the usual cigar she would from the direction of Gold's study.

A sound she did hear. Her head twirling in the direction of the stairs to their bedroom. Her ears stood erect, it was the voice of a mare she heard. It couldn't been a mare, Diamond just wouldn't believe it. “Gold, darling, I bought some new socks for you to take off me with your teeth.” The voice upstairs silenced. Each trot up the stairs echoed loudly in Diamond's ears. A deafening sound as her heart beat faster and faster. The door to the bedroom was swung open with a gust of unicorn magic. “Gold!” She shouted startled at what she saw.

Gold Mine was tucked partially beneath the sheets of his marital bed. Magic held a cigar characteristically in the right corner of his mouth. His forelegs crossed defiantly over his chest helping to define the cruel smirk resting on his lips. “Didn't expect you home tonight, my dear.” A throaty chuckle rumbled from his shaking chest. “Seems the cat is out of the bag.”

Besides him, trying to hide some modesty and dignity, was a mare that Diamond had only seen in passing. Pear green coat, and frazzled brunette mane. A tinge of red singed her cheeks her hooves curling at the ankles drawing the white bed sheet higher up her body. “Having your wife join in will be extra.” Her voice nasally whined glaring at the stallion besides her. “Got anymore coltcaine?” Mumbles left her mouth as she lazily fell down against all four hooves out of the bed.

“How long as this been going on?! And why in our bed?” The feelings of disgusted and disbelief began to awaken sensations in her she had long pushed aside. Diamond could feel it festering. The weakness she had after Eclipse's birth. The way her body broke down and Gold abandoned her. Her right fore hoof pressed to her chest. “Were these eight years a lie then? When you swore things were better? Things had changed?” Her voice began to raise higher in tone drawing ire from Gold in the form of a glare.

Both Gold and Diamond's attention was broken by the bathroom door opening. A burst of steam rolled out fogging the area. “I gotta say, Mistah Gold, you sure do know how to give me rump a good bu...” It was a colt in his mid twenties. A towel wrapped around his waist, and a towel wrapped around each of his wings. A Pegasus pony with a coat of beige stood bewildered there glancing between Gold and Diamond. “I can tell a bad scene when I see one, hey Esstee, maybe we should...” he trailed off nodding his head to the door behind Diamond. His mane was sky blue, at least it was now. At the roots one could make out the cotton candy pink. Perhaps the colt changed it to be rid of some of the more rude ponies comments. The towels were shrugged off, falling in piles around him, when he darted for the door to the stairs. His cutie mark was visible. It was similar to Esstee Dee's but instesd depicted a broken home. He'd read enough pony fiction to know what would happen next.

“Yes, you do that.” Gold spoke motioning with a hoof for Esstee to follow the Pegasus. “And Syphcoltis,” The stallion added watching in a mild amusement as Esstee stumbled after the colt tripping over her own hooves to slide down each bumpy step. “If you want to keep your supply coming, you will not speak of the transgressions here.”

Syphcoltus felt a chill and departed after Esstee. His head moved rolling beneath her body to hoist her to his back. She wouldn't make the trip back to Fillyton on her own, Syph knew this, it was his duty to make sure they both got back. Gold had threatened death to them both when Esstee nearly hurt her self leaving his property several weeks prior. Gold wanted nothing to connect those two to his estate.

“Yes, it is exactly as it looks, my dear Diamond, but could you really expect me to stay with you this entire time?” Gold questioned raising a scruffy brow to his flabbergasted wife. “You've grown old, and they are young, willing to do anything and everything that you wouldn't.” He breathed in the cancerous smoke deep into his lungs. The smell and feeling was luxurious to his worn body. “Now, get out while I get cleaned up. You'll get over it.”

Diamond's eyes did not follow the two ponies when they fled the scene of this marriage collision. “After you suffered, those six months I pulled my self back from the brink. I turned my self beautiful again knowing it would help you when you woke and now you do this to me?” A banshee's scream would have been silenced with Diamond's voice. Her front hooves stomped a temper tantrum against the ground. “I took blame for the accident from you! I hid your money! I did it all because you said you loved me!” Her horn glowed brown with the magic she was building up. Yet, when she saw the look of indifference on Gold's face, her anger seemed to vanish. The only sound that reached her ears before they laid against her mane was the wind brushing against the window. The pupils from her eyes seemed to vanish becoming lifeless pools. Her tail hung low when she turned away from her husband. The laughter that began to ring from him played a sad melody in her tired mind. She retreated to the open door and down the steps away from the cruelty.

The maniacal laughter continued on for sometime. He felt the pure control over his domain. A drug to his senses driving him to want more. His body slid to the edge of the bed, his magic drawing the specialty braces attaching them to each of his calves. The cigar moved with unicorn magic to the ash tray extinguishing the glowing red tip. Careful trots, mindful of his condition, took him to the dresser. Several lines of a rainbow power were lined up neatly over sheets of glass. His notrels flared when he pressed near the glass, snorting the powder directly into his sinuses. The rush that coursed through him blinded him temporarily in a euphoric ecstasy of colors and sounds. The sensation was robbed from him. A thief in the night stealing a baby's candy. A heavy smell of smoke lurched from beyond the stairs. It was something more than his favored tobacco. A trigger shot off in his mind bringing an energy unlike he had felt before to his legs forcing them to move against their mild paralysis to retreat down the stairs.

A pyromaniacs light show covered the western hall and bellowed smoke from within Diamond's study. Many bottles of wine, that Diamond kept for events, were broken or left empty over the floor. Now it was his turn to hear the song of crazed laughter. Behind him, from his study, the mare's voice called out singing the song of betrayal with each chorus of smashing glass and amused giggles. A tracker hound could have smelled the alcohol being spread through Gold's study, but the stallion could only smell the smoke.

“I hear you, my husband! You fool! You traitor! You coltcoraller!” Gold came to sight with what she had done in such a short time. His box of matches floating in front of Diamond with her magic, she had thrown papers, books, and clothes every which way drenching them in the fine liquid he had collected. Her magic brought each bottle swinging or pouring the flammable liquids every which way. “Ah my dear husband! Come to me.” Her forelegs raised up to Gold as a match was struck. “ I pulled my self back for you, now you will come and be with me as you promised. We'll burn together and be together. No pony shall keep us apart.” Standing straight, she hobbled towards her, eyes blank, but the smile she had showed the deranged intentions.

“You harlot! What in Celestia's grace are you doing?” Gold mine shouted stumbling back from his approaching wife. He watched when the match was tossed back away from Diamond. All time seemed to slow to a crawl. The tail of the flame spread down the wooden stick of the match. It landed bouncing twice, twirling in mid air before coming to its final resting place atop an alcohol soaked parchment. The fire spread as a wave over the walls and floors building into a cape of flames behind the insane Diamond. The mare was upon Gold before he could react to the fire. Her forelegs wrapped around him tightly. “Let go of me, mare!” He shouted struggling against her hold.

The crazed mare pressed her lips to her husbands forcing her desire upon him. Gold Mine knew that if he did not break free from her, they would both burn in this place. At first glanced, his eyes twitching to view his surroundings, there was nothing he could use his magic to raise and not feel exerted. One chance was given, on a thick, empty whiskey bottle. “Just you and I, forever in bli--,” Diamond's words were cut short when the glass connected to her skull. Bone shattered leaving fragments spilling from the bottle when it dropped down to the floor. Diamond's eyes rolled back dropping lifelessly away from Gold.

The stallion panted. A new sensation had brought to him from his sudden defense and the coltcaine still in his system. Her lifeless body at his hooves, his grin cutting through the building smoke to reveal the devil inside him. His braced hooves touched down on Diamond's body. This was close to the ultimate feeling of control: To own someone's death. There was something missing, his distorted mind decided. He could take this feeling a step further. What's better than killing to control someone? Denying them death. Gold knew there was only one possible pony perfect for this; Eclipse.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The golden haired monster danced within flames while an ice cold pony laid at its feat. It basked in the glory of its burning kingdom until its eyes were set upon Eclipse. A talon hand raised beckoning for the little pony to come towards him. Crimson dripped from the monster's mouth as it moaned laughter,

Eclipse's glowing eyes shot open. She was safe in her bed, nested in the sheets surrounding her entire being. Gray blue twinkles of her hair drifted over her face when she raised her head up. With the moon up, her cutie mark had changed colors; the star was now black, the orb white, and the aura black. A strong scent touched her nostrils forcing her to cough at the disgusting smell. The pony drudged her self from the covers she had nestled her self into. With one hoof in front of the other, she gradually came peering from her bedroom door. A surprise brought her ears to go straight and her wings mimicking in motion. The door was open! No pony laid within her sights and she heard no hooves on the ground. Something swirled inside her chest. Even with the things that had broken her down, hurt her, and driven her to tears, something still burned inside her heart. She made no effort to look twice at this. The saddle bag that Blueberry Pie gave to her during their first escape attempt had been recovered from behind a stack of books. She only needed to bring 3 things with her: her two dolls and the red rock.

Cautiously with every hoof against the stairs, Eclipse ascended upwards to the wooden deck in front of the door. Empty dishes were left strewn about, not being picked up since dinner had gone. Her neck tilted to the side to peak around the edge of the frame. There was no pony in sight. Everything was a new world for Eclipse. Only twice before had she been able to see beyond her windows or this door. A deep breath for courage and Eclipse stepped out. Her movements were quick as not to sight see or become curious. The main hall was traversed towards quickly finding the source of the smell. Black smoke rolled across the ceiling coating the white paint with soot. She was paralyzed in the middle of the entrance way, staring at the inferno's glow.

“Ah my dear, precious Cursed Eclipse.” The voice forced Eclipse's attention from the fire to the stallion on the top of the stairs. His brown coat danced with colors of orange and red. His blonde hair flowing with a demonic glow. “How lovely you've grown even being down there. Come, come here to daddy.” The word daddy was spittle out gleefully. His hooves braced for his path downwards towards her. He wouldn't leave his home empty handed. He'd have his little toy.

The fur of her coat stood on its ends. She took steps back to gain some distance from the ever approaching stallion. Her wings shook on her body reminding her they were there. She glanced to the front door. She knew what she had to do now. Her broken horn glowed brightly sending a funnel of magic power outwards a bright as the sun. The flash broke through the front door rolling it on its hinges outwards for her escape. Pegasus and bat wings danced with magic raising her body off the ground. Eclipse flew faster than she imagined she could go with such a lack of practice. Straight from the entrance until she dropped down onto the grass outside.

Gold clamped his teeth down hissing. His eyes narrowed when she fled from him out into the open doors. He wouldn't wait for long to go after her. “Cursed Eclipse! Eclipse! You come back here!” He howled clomping his hooves trying to start a gallop. The house around him suffered from the flames. Supports and walls cracked and broke against the flames relentless destruction. “Eclipse!” He screamed aloud as he stood in the doorway. His head shot upwards when the sound of snapping wood was directly above him. Gold scrambled to get form the doorway to escape a fiery tomb. The stallion's mind went weak. His use of magic earlier bringing a strain to his body. His movements hindered, he found him self in a crawl as he collapsed against the paved walkway in front of his home. He twisted his neck to look behind him watching as the snapping wood fell from his home crashing down over the stallion's lower back and legs.

The teenage filly stopped in her path. A moment of hesitation struck her when she looked behind her seeing the man who sired her laying broken beneath the burning wood. A ping of guilt stung her heart but a sobering realization struck Eclipse. With a heavy feeling in her chest, her stomach churning at the prospects laid before her, the young mare turned galloping as quickly as she could leaving Gold and the burning manor behind her.

“Eclipse! Eclipse!! Ecccliippsssee!!” His voice went horse screaming at the fleeing mare. His flesh burned beneath the wood. The pain died away as his sensory nerves gave out, unable to feel anything else at all. He looked in the distance in the direction of Fillyton. Vaguely, he could make out the bells from the fire carriage being brought by Earth Ponies, and the shouts of Pegasus ponies bringing clouds for rain. Help would arrive shortly. Gold believed he would live to see another day. So when the claws of fatigue and exhaustion pulled him into the depths of sleep, he went there with a smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The glow of the manor and the smell of the black smoke had long since vanished from Eclipse's sight and smell. Her muscles tightened feeling the strain over take her and energy escape. She finally allowed her self to rest collapsing onto a bed of white, flowers. Her wings came to rest against her sides, her ankles drawing beneath her body. Eclipse tilted her head to look around her at her settings. She had no destination in mind nor would she have known where to run to anyhow.

This was a new episode in her life. Everything brand new and exciting, she had finally escaped from her prison and was set free to go where she chose. Even with the happiness that was growing inside her, she was also terrified of what she would find. Her glowing eyes glanced across the darkness. She could see perfectly in the veil of shadows. On the field of flowers, she was surrounded by trees, enchanted by the song of the crickets, and the breeze was the most wonderful smell she had ever known. With a blanket of the stars and the moon as her pillow, her eye lids fell silencing the glow. Tomorrow would be another day, and her best course of action was sleep. For Cursed Eclipse was now free.

Comments ( 5 )

when is the next chapter?

503158 I will be posting the next story within the next 2-3 days once I finish the 5th chapter of 6. Thanks for the comment fav. :rainbowlaugh:

Wow, I'm disappointed... that I haven't seen this story before! :trollestia:

I absolutely loved it, it's different and unique. MOAR!

Great work and good luck!

-Jorofrarie

532842 Thanks for your kind words. The story is planned to be a bit of a long one with short stories thrown in.

Login or register to comment