• Published 6th Sep 2014
  • 16,542 Views, 816 Comments

An Apple Far From the Tree - Autum Breeze



You would think life would be normal. Yeah, well, then you ain't me. I've become Apple Bloom, for crying out loud!

  • ...
91
 816
 16,542

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

___________________________________________________________

“Applebuck, wait!” Apple Bloom cried, before wincing as she put pressure on her forehoof.

“Way to go, Tiara!” Scootaloo snarled. “Bucky’s having a hard enough time and you just had to make it worse. What, is that yer special talent? Making other ponies’ bad situations worse?”

Tiara’s eyes narrowed. “Excuse me, Blank Flank? What right do you think you have to—”

“What’s going on here?”

All heads whirled around to see Cheerilee hurrying towards them, a firm and worried expression on her face.

“Tiara called Applebuck a changeling and Bucky ran off after proving she wasn’t one!” Scootaloo said, thrusting a hoof in the pink filly’s direction.

At once Cheerilee’s eyes narrowed and she looked to Tiara with a disappointed, yet stern frown. “Diamond Tiara, is this true?”

“But... But... How was I suppose to know she wasn’t a changeling?!” Tiara cried, pointing in the direction the yellow filly had run off.

Cheerilee’s expression became a bit sterner, causing the filly to wilt. “You could have given her a chance. You could have tried talking to her instead of outright accusing her of being one of the creatures that tried to invade our homeland.” She sighed, before glancing around, her frown returning to worried, but with confusion mixed in too. “Where is Applebuck, anyway?”

“She’s ran off!” Sweetie Belle cried, pointing in the direction their friend had gone, where Cheerilee’s eyes widened at the red trail.

“What... what is that?” the teacher asked, looking a little faint.

Apple Bloom glared at Diamond Tiara. “When Tiara demanded Bucky prove she weren’t a changeling, she said something that made Bucky so made, she jabbed herself with that piece o’ wood,” she pointed to the bloodstained shaft of wood, “showin’ her blood’s red ’n’ not green like a changelings.”

Cheerilee’s expression became slightly horrified. “Wait! She was bleeding that badly and just ran off? And none of you even stopped her?”

“It happened so fast,” Pipsqueak pipped up. “We were all kinda taken by surprise.”

Cheerilee looked frustrated, but the older mare took a deep breath, before looking firmly around at all the fillies and colts. “We’re going to go looking for her. We can’t just leave her to wander off on her own, not if she’s bleeding that badly.” She turned that told several ponies to remain at the school, on the offhand chance that Applebuck might come back. “The rest of us are going to split into group and start searching for her. She can’t have gone too far.”

___________________________________________________________

I continue to stomp down the road, ignoring the jabbing pains every time I put pressure on my now injured leg.

Stupid Diamond Tiara! Stupid changelings for existing to make such a situation even happen! Stupid whatever the hell turned me into this form! Stupid Celestia from bringing me here! Stupid Applejack for being against me! Stupid everything!

After several minutes of walking, I have to stop and lean against a tree, shaking my head a little. I feel drowsy, like I’m being wrapped in a warm blanket and snuggling down for a nap.

But, I don’t have a blanket. I do feel all warm though.

I shake my head again, trying to clear it.

You know what? Forget school at all. I’m going. Where? No fucking idea, but I’m going... somewhere.

I stand up, before the world whirling around me and I shut my eyes to stop the fog from clouding my vision. Wait. When’d it get foggy? Wasn’t it a bright day just moments ago?

I blink, before turning to the tree I’d been leaning against. I stare at it blankly.

Several long minutes later, I snarl and slam my head against it, wincing from the pain, but not caring either.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?!” I shout to myself, before slamming my head again. “Ya... ya shouted at Pinkie Pie! She didn’t even know about ya... probably. It’s Pinkie, wouldn’t really be that surprisin— Shut up!” I bang my head against the tree again, feeling a bit woozy for it. I try to shake it off. “Ya can’ trust AJ. But... but Big Mac an’ Granny didn’ seem happy ta hide anythin’ from ya. Why’d ya treat them like that? And why Pinkie, of all ponies?!”

I turn around, biting my bottom lip. Well, since I’m not going back to school, I may as well try to find Pinkie and apologize for being such a jerk.

I take a step, before flopping forward.

What? Why did I...? I feel my eyelid droop a little. Maybe... maybe a nap would be a good idea first. I seem pretty tired and... what was I thinking about again?

I put it out of mind as the darkness closes in and I feel a warmth come over me. Sleep is good. I like sleep.

___________________________________________________________

Fluttershy hummed to herself as she walked down the road, a small basket held in her teeth. She was going to get a few small things for dinner tonight. Angel had been so well behaved; she felt he deserved a reward.

As she walked down the path leading from her cottage to Ponyville, she paused, blinking in confusion, before glancing around.

“I... I could’ve sworn...” she murmured.

“Mmmm,” a voice groaned.

Fluttershy squeaked, shivering. “Who-who’s there?”

When nopony answered, she slowly lowered the basket and crept towards where she’d heard the sound.

After several minutes of trying to shore up some courage, she took a deep breath, then glanced around the corner.

At once her eyes widen. It was Apple Bloom. She was lying near a tree, unconscious, with her usual pink bow nowhere in sight. However, that was not the Pegasus’ main concern. Her concern was that Apple Bloom was bleeding from both a nasty gash on her foreleg and one on her head.

“Apple Bloom?!” she cried as she hurried over. She took the filly in her forelimbs. She wasn’t responding and it was clear from the amount of blood she’d been here a while.

Fluttershy held tight, before shooting off at speeds that would make Rainbow Dash jealous. She passed by several fillies and colts from the school, and briefly wondered why they weren’t in school, but quickly pushed it aside as she raced through the town towards the hospital.

Within minutes she’d reached the hospital. She rushed through the doors, startling several ponies, including Nurse Tender Heart, who was behind the desk.

“Miss Fluttershy, what—?”

“Apple Bloom needs help, now!” the Pegasus cut off the nurse, indicating to the limb form in her grasp.

The pink Earth Pony’s eyes widened, before hardening. She reached down and pressed a button on the desk. Moments later several ponies came rushing over, pushing a stretcher bed with them.

They got Apple Bloom on the bed, before moving as fast as they could towards the ER.

Fluttershy watched them go, worried for the filly’s health as she paced back and forth, before her eyes widened. Applejack. She needed to let Applejack know what had happened.

With a quick explanation to Tender Heart what she been able to gather, she hurried out the hospital, back across town towards Sweet Apples Acres.

___________________________________________________________

“I wonder why Fluttershy was in such a hurry,” Sweetie Belle asked as she and the other crusaders were searching for Applebuck.

“Dunno,” Scootaloo said, frowning.

They’d all nearly been bowled over by the yellow Pegasus as she bolted through air like Rainbow Dash. The orange Pegasus had had no idea the shy mare had it in her to go that fast.

“She theemed pretty worried about thomething,” Twist said as they moved to search another area. “Wonder what it wath.”

“Ah can’t think ’bout that right now,” Apple Bloom muttered as she moved over to a bush. “We need ta focus on findin’ Bucky.”

They all nodded and renewed their searching. As Apple Bloom leaned into a bush several minutes later, she tumbled in, becoming sealed away from sight.

“Apple Bloom, you okay?” Sweetie asked the bush.

“Fine,” the farm filly’s voice called back. “Just feelin’ a little woozy. Gimme a sec, ’kay?”

The three fillies nodded, understanding the yellow pony’s anxiety and were about to return to searching, when Scootaloo noticed a yellow something charging in their general direction. It was Fluttershy.

“Hey, Flutters!” Scootaloo called, waving as the Pegasus drew nearer at rapid speeds. “What’s the rush?”

“Can’t talk! Apple Bloom injured. In hospital. Gotta tell Applejack!” were the rushed words they heard before and as the yellow mare shot passed them all, headed in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres.

The three fillies frowned, before looking to the bush where, moments later, Apple Bloom walked out, rubbing her head.

“Uh... why did Fluttershy just fly past saying you were in the hospital?” Scootaloo asked, frowning at the yellow filly. “You didn’t bang your head that hard, did ya?”

Apple Bloom shook her head to clear it, before giving Scootaloo a raised eyebrow. “Huh?”

“Fluttershy,” Sweetie pointed in the direction said mare had gone in. “Whilst you were recovering, she flew past saying something about you being injured and in the hospital.”

Apple Bloom blinked, before frowning. “Huh? Now why in the hay would Fluttershy be scared that Ah’m in the hospital when Ah...?”

She trailed off, her eyes widening along with the other fillies.

“APPLEBUCK!”

Author's Note:

Yeah, sorry this one's so short, but i've kinda been dealing with some stuff since later yesterday, so i couldn't get as much done as i'd have liked and i didn't want to leave you all waiting even longer, so here's a short chapter to set up the next.

Anyway, that's all for now. Until next time, later everypony