• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 1,553 Views, 18 Comments

It's about Time! - cipherscriptures



Sequel to your the apple in my eyes. AppleJack and Spike have kids that could be the difference between life and death.

  • ...
11
 18
 1,553

Few years: GoldenApple

GoldenApple's POV:

Darkness was all I saw from the time I was in my mom to the time when I was first born. She had told me that I was the most aggressive one and would kick her a lot, when I had learned how to speak the very first thing I said to my mother was 'sorry'. My brother was a quiet calmer one but was just as adventurous as me. We would both get into trouble at lots of times but it was worth it for the thrill.

By year 1 I could speak a few words but the one that I would say often was mem. I couldn't pronounce my G's correctly so it came out mem. The 'mem' was a beatiful sapphire that my brother had given to me when our dad took us gem hunting. While we were walking down to his sight Jack, an by Jack I mean AppleLue that's his nickname, raced to another spot of land. When me and my dad arrived he had a sapphire grasped tightly in his jaws. I walked slowly up to him and he spat te sapphire in my had." U Sis." He had said.

I smiled and giggled then hugged him." Tank u." I remember saying. Our father smiled proudly and we set off again for the sight. My dad was correct I might add I was not as concerned with gems like my brother he could smell a ruby a mile away, I'm guessing that's why he loved rarity so much he must of smelled the emerald coming from her.

Now I could smell gems but not as persist as my younger bro. Once when we went gem hunting I found a small pile of rubies and an emerald but when I looked over at my brother's he had a mountain of gems ranging from diamonds to amethysts. He of course gave me some but that sapphire was the gem I would always cherish.

Oh! Did I mention I could eat gems. My brother had the eating habits of a dragon so his main diet was gems I could eat them but on if they where ground up. My teeth where sharp but not sharp enough to get through solid crystal. My favourites are rubies they taste like a mixture of sweetness and sorrow with a pang of anger, mostly like the music I listen to. My brother preferred sapphires like our father he had told me that they tasted like crystal water with added flavor, I tried one and to me it tasted like sour milk.

So my brother had the teeth what did I have? The wings that got me places for sure. At a young age a pegasus by the name of Rainbow Dash had taught me how to fly. She had said that even though I had dragon wings I could fly just as good as a pegasus but I wasn't very nimble. Dragons tend to fly in a very... Er... Prompt manner and they didn't turn as easily as most things with wings.

So I wasn't agile but I could fly fast almost as fast as Rainbow when she needed to preform a sonic rainboom. Rainbow saw this and took me to a flying competition up in the clouds. I was thrilled to watch the pegasi race against one another or a clock, the wind I felt when they rushed pass was both electrifying and terrifying. When Rainbow told me it was time to leave I have or a big puppy dog frown." I won't a autograph!" I cried. Being age six at that time I needed this.

Rainbow sighed." The line is to long kid." She said.

" I could clear it."

" How?"

" Look at me I'm not normal..." I gestured to myself and let out a small burp to remain the pegasus that I was half dragon.

" But if the fans run away what about the flyers?"

" I have wings I could catch them."

Rainbow sighed heavily in defeat." Ok kid." She ruffled my blond hair which was in a pony tale and took me down to the stand where autographs were being sighed.

I smirked and Rainbow nodded in approval. Letting a loud burp escape my throat I sent a mountain of golden sparks everywhere. Ponies Ooed and Ahed while brushed pass them up to one of the greatest flyers I had ever seen next to Rainbow." Rainbow what are you doing here on your day off?" Asked a yellow pegasus with a wild orange mane.

" Showing my friend's kid around." She replied. I think she took note of my wings but didn't comment.

" Hello I'm Spitfire from the looks of it you look like that Spike fellow kid." She leaned back in her chair and smirked at me.

" Hello." I held out a hoof and she shook it like I was a regular pony.

" You got guts back there to pull of a stunt like that."

I blushed in embarrassment as she indicated the area were I blew sparks out of my month, I looked back and saw someponies still in awe." Thanks I was wondering... Can I have an autograph?" I asked unsure.

Spitfire nodded her head causing her spiky hair to bounce up and down." Sure kid let me get the crew you can have a special group photo sighed." The mare smiled and I smiled back.

" Oi! gang little kid here wanting an autograph from the group." She cried cupping a hoof over her mouth.

" What?"
" Huh?"
" She paying?" Was the responses that Spitfire got. That soon changed when they looked at me staring wided- eyed at my wings and the sharp teeth and my hair.

" Wow?!" Gasped one in awe." She's a she's a... Dragon." She whispered.

I nodded my head by now I was use to this." Can have pic with you guys and autograph?" I flashed a innocent smile making hearts melt at my cuteness.

A pegasus by the name of Soarin nodded his head." Rainbow your kid is amazing!" He cried.


Rainbow's ears redden and she looked at Soarin with a look of anger." We've been through this! She. Isn't. My. Kid!" Rainbow growled and Soarin backed off a little. After gathering around a camra Rainbow took the picture and everyone signed it even Rainbow.

" there you go kid." Said spitfire.

" Thank you!!!" I squeaked.

And that was another awesome day of my life.