• Published 5th Sep 2014
  • 968 Views, 23 Comments

When Stars Fade Away - thechicken95



Tragedy strikes Ponyville as one of its beloved is murdered in cold blood.

  • ...
1
 23
 968

Chapter Five: What Have I Done

Hangovers are the worst. Every single bucking time. People think that drinking will permanently solve their stress and problems, but it doesn't. At least not permanently. As my vision got back to normal, I looked around, and my heart started beating. For a split second, I didn't know where I was. Then I remembered passing out. I guess the girls must have brought me to Fluttershy's house, I thought as I got up. The first sight was one that I did not to expect. I nearly flew to the ceiling in shock as I saw Discord handing me tea.

"What's wrong Dashie? Afraid of some tea?" Discord said, mocking me. There was no way in Tartarus that I would receive help from him. I still haven't forgiven him for nearly destroying Equestria a few years ago.

"Dipcord, you know there no way that I'll ever accept help from you." I knew that my pride was getting the best of me, but I didn't care.

"If not for me, then please do it for Fluttershy. Tea helps calm down the nerves and helps a bit with hangovers."

"I still don't trust you. For all I know you could have put some poison joke in there!" I shrieked, still fluttering near the ceiling. There was no way I would be touching anything made by Discord!

"Oh come now! I would never do that to you. Well, maybe, but I do realize that this is a tragedy and do want to be of assistance." Discord was holding out his hand to me now. There was no way that I would ever offer my hoof to that creature. Not after all that he did to us, to me. My mind is still recovering from his invasion years later.

"The answer is still NO!" I yelled, causing an echo that was heard through the house, and woke Fluttershy from her trance.

"Would you two please stop fighting!" She screamed at us. I was in just as much shock as Discord was that she could manage to have such a booming and commanding voice.

"I-I'm sorry Fluttershy. You know how I am around him." I said, pointing at Discord.

"Yes, but you don't need to yell at him! He was behaving very well today!!"

"Did you hear that Dashie? I'm a well behaved spirit of chaos. I deserve a medal!" Discord produced a gold star out of thin air, and placed it on his chest. I didn't know what to do. Fluttershy was defending Discord, putting me in a corner. My inner demons were bursting through the pores of my skin. I took a deep breath to compose myself, then just suddenly let it all go.

"I'm sorry!!!" I yelled, bursting into tears, and diving head first into the hoof rest on the couch. I really was sorry. Sorry for the way I acted towards Fluttershy and sorry for how I yelled at Twilight. I still can't believe that I actually hated her. I realize now how wrong I was in not listening to her If given the chance, I'd forgive Twilight for everything that I said to her that night. I wouldn't care how she reveals herself. I just can't believe that she's just.... gone. Alicorns can not die, it's impossible! I was soaking my pillow now with how much I was crying.

"It's ok Rainbow. Just please stay strong for Fluttershy for me. I'm doing all that I can, and so is Pinkie. We haven't even got her to smile!" Discord said, in an uncharacteristically calming and soothing way.

"I guess I can do this for Flutters, but don't think I'm doing this for you. I still don't trust you after what you did to us when we first met!" I said, screaming at him. It's ok Fluttershy, I'll take care of you." I walked over to her and placed a comforting hoof on her shoulder.

"Thank you Dash. I knew if anyone would try to be here for me, it'd be you, and Discord. She said, putting her head up against my mare, causing me to blush.

"Aww look at that! You two would make a happy couple." Discord said, walking over to us.

"Um... We are NOT a couple. Just really good marefriends." I said in defense, putting up my guard as he got closer to us.

"Yeah and I um.. Um.. I'm not really looking for a relationship either right now, and you even know that too."

"Oh, can't I just have a little fun? After all, I am the God of Chaos, and I have to get some of this out of my system!" Discord said. Well, that was pretty true. I had seen him be pretty bored over the past few days, what with Fultters crying all the time, he's just had to sit there and wait it out.

"Hey, how about this: I can go watch Fluttershy for you, and you can cause a little chaos not much though, or the Princess will have MY hide." I said, hoping that he can go to leave us two alone.

"Ohh I see. Still don't trust me don't you?" Discord asked. Yes, while it's true I didn't trust him, I wouldn't deny that he wasn't trying his damnedest to try and help Fluttershy. But, I still dofnt trust him enough yet to act friendly towards him.

"Alright, fine. I'll leave you two alone. After all, I need to help Applejack with her farm. It's apple buck season again, and we all remember the last time she didn't get any help." Discord said, opening the door and flying away to go help Applejack.

Author's Note:

So a bit of a,shorter chapter here, as this is my first filler chapter. Though this does hopefully he on explaining Dashes actions towards Fluttershy eariler.

Comments ( 7 )

5301141 Well damn someone's bitter. Yes, I do realize that my current stories are shit, but do you really have to do this? And do you know the difference between you and me is? I'm actually accept critism, even yours, while you dismissed mine and some others who had vaild critisms.

5301141 Oh wow. Sounds like your sub-par Applejack rape fic all over again.

5301270 no need to get into this. The feud is just between us two, and I don't want anyone else getting in and possibly making it worse.

5301310 Sorry to say that I'm only here for Mythril cause he's not a good critic. Not really defending you. Sorry man.

5301339 I had a bit of a feeling. No worries man!

5301141
Woah... was there something I missed? Last comment I saw bestrfcplayer make was

I could only read the first chapter. I mean, why should I read the other nine when I know they're all going to be more or less the exact same thing? Also, I didn't laugh once during the first chapter. The humor seemed way too forced most of the time, and it didn't really have any emotion. I'm going to have to fail this story

And that didn't seem too harsh in my opinion.

Why did you add this story to Knights in the Requested fic folder? Shouldn't it be in "Fanfics the readers wrote"?

Login or register to comment