• Published 19th Apr 2012
  • 36,192 Views, 9,289 Comments

Know your Mare - overlord-flinx



It's silly, it's pointless, and it makes little to no sense... I've heard of worse story ideas.

  • ...
249
 9,289
 36,192

PreviousChapters Next
CMC Refute

Author's Note:

Please go on and check my two latest blog posts for updates and interesting tidbits. A new fan work continuing "Makes x" anthology. Update on my health and future plans.

Know your--

"HOLD IT!" Her voice was small and a tad squeaky, but in that one utterance it boomed like thunder over the stage.

Celestia, she's back...

...And she brought her posse...

WOAH! Kid's show...

You're a moron.

"And you're all WRONG!"

"Totally wrong!"

"Yeah. Like, ya' can' even be more wrong."

This should be enlightening... What were we wrong about?

This time.

"Look right here. We DO all have the same cutie marks!"

"You said it wasn't gonna happen."

"So... Yer' wrong! Check, please."

...Well they got us there... Again...

Yeah. I don't know how we can recover from that--OH WAIT!

There's a little practice within the field of law that is called "exact words".

I look at your cutie marks... And I see three distinct differences.

"They're practically the same!"

And a red apple is the same as a green apple...

"Ya' can' go comparin' it like that. There's a HUGE difference there."

Minute... But still a huge difference.

So, curious... Which one of you has the better destiny?

"Wha?"

No two cutie marks are exactly the same.

No two destinies are exactly the same.

No two ponies are exactly the same.

All three of you MUST have more of a destiny outside of the other...

"Well..."

"Um..."

So, what? You're destined to find other ponies' cutie marks for the rest of your lives?

"I mean..."

Don't get me wrong, helping ponies is nice and noble; but don't you have lives of your own?

Is your destiny to live vicariously through other ponies because your own lives are so boring that nothing interesting could ever come out of you?

Geez... I kinda wish we were right now. At least if you had different cutie marks you could have each been unique. Now you're just three bananas from the same bunch.

Except one of you has more dark spots than the other.

"What's that--"

Now you know...

The Cutie Mark Crusaders...

"Wait, we came in here to talk to YOU!"

"Don't turn this around on us!"

Too late, we won!

RUN!

Before another word could be spoken, the air was filled with the sound of hooves and claws stumbling out and off the stage grounds as the beloved hosts fled the scene. Left behind, the three little fillies exchanged worried as well as bemused glances. "Well that didn't go at all how you said."

PreviousChapters Next