• Published 19th Apr 2012
  • 36,203 Views, 9,289 Comments

Know your Mare - overlord-flinx



It's silly, it's pointless, and it makes little to no sense... I've heard of worse story ideas.

  • ...
249
 9,289
 36,203

PreviousChapters Next
Ember

Know your mare--

Before any more voices could join in the traditional welcoming echo, an explosion erupted off stage and shook the foundation of the studio. In a blaze of fire and sparks, the young dragon lord came soaring out and landed on center stage with rage in her eyes. As she began to open her mouth to speak however, the stage was protected by ceiling high blast walls to entrap the young lord.

Hey! She did show up.

"Where's Spike?! Where're the train tracks you tied him to?! Also, what's a train?"

It was all a ruse...

A cleverly plotted ruse!

Eh... Four out of ten...

"Well if he's not in danger, why did you send me that letter?"

We wanted you as a guest!

Yes. We checked the charts, and the money simply rolls in wherever you are.

And we love making our money hoard taller.

You can relate to that. Dragons love piles of gold.

"I already told you I didn't want to be on your stupid show!"

Why not?

Everyone loves our show!

Eh... One out of five...

"For starters, I don't know what a 'show' is."

Ember...

Is a country bumpkin apparently...

"And two...! Princess Twilight Sparkle sent me a letter a week ago telling me that I should never come near any of you."

Twilight Sparkle...

Wounds us...

Ember...

Is already in the pocket of the Equestrian monarchy...

"I am NOT in anyone's pocket! I am the dragon lord! I speak for the dragons and we are our own keepers."

Ember...

Has been dragon lord for less than a month and has already sold out...

"I didn't sell out! They're just -you know?- friends of a friend."

Ember...

Is made of fifty percent marshmallows...

"What does--?"

Because she's so soft...

"Oh-ho-ho! Put down these walls and I'll show you how soft I am!"

Ember...

Wants to give us a hug...

"I DON'T DO HUGS!"

Now you know...

Ember...

"When I find my way out of this stupid box, I'm going to rally all my dragon horde and burn everything you own to the ground!" Ember started to rant as she began to claw and knock herself against the blast doors keeping her away from her accusers.

...Think we'll get more hate?

More hate then Fluttershy people? Who knows...

I know we'll be making bank!

Author's Note:

Check out the latest blog posts and cast your lots: A VERY Special Day.

Know Your Mare the Movie.

PreviousChapters Next