• Published 19th Apr 2012
  • 36,190 Views, 9,289 Comments

Know your Mare - overlord-flinx



It's silly, it's pointless, and it makes little to no sense... I've heard of worse story ideas.

  • ...
249
 9,289
 36,190

PreviousChapters Next
Derpy

Know your mare, know your… Uh…

For the first time the light in the center of the darkness was empty, not a soul in sight.

…Hello?

…Are you here?

“Yes.”

…Well where are you?

“In the room.”

…Well get in the light…

“…What light?”

The one in the center of the room…

“Oh! Okay!” with an echoing trot through the darkness gradually getting closer. Shortly after, the gray coat of a lop-eyed mare came into the light with a powerful grin.

Right…

Derpy…

…She’s…

…Leaving the light…?

Back in the spotlight, Derpy continued to step onward towards the opposite end she entered from.

Stop…!

“Well I can’t find the center of the room. Only this part of the room is lit so it’s hard to find it, you know?”

Look…

…Just stand there…

Right where you are…

“Okay!”

Alright…

Derpy…

…has a—

…muffin with her…?

Seemingly from nowhere, the pegasus was munching on a crisp muffin resting on the floor before her.

Stop eating…

“Mhi?” she asked with bits of muffin spreading out as she spoke.

You’re just supposed to answer me when I speak…

…not eat…

With a loud gulp Derpy pushed the muffin away and smiled once more. “Okay.”

Good…

Derpy…

…has—

…trapped herself in a paper bag…

With grunts from in the light, Derpy had inexplicably got her entire head wedged into a paper bag and was now squirming on the floor in an attempt to get free.

…How did you even do that?

“I had to put the muffin somewhere, didn’t I?”

Yes…

…but…

…You know what…?

…there’s nothing I can say that could possibly be worse then what you could do to yourself…

Sitting up with the bag still draped over her head, she nodded with a crinkle. “I get that a lot.”

Anyway…

I guess know you know…

Derpy…

…You need any help with that bag…?

“Nope, I got it.” Derpy reassured the voice as her front hooves flailed at an attempt to pluck the bag off.

…I’m just gonna go…

Once the voice had gone silent, Derpy finally let the bag fall off of her head and fell back onto her flank. “Yeah! I did it!” seeing the room once more, she looked around the room curiously. “Where did my muffin go…? Oh yeah! The bag.” Derpy opened the bag once more and dipped her head in to reclaim her muffin… only to get wedge in there once more with a satisfied nibble to her muffin.

PreviousChapters Next