• Published 4th Sep 2014
  • 10,882 Views, 571 Comments

Lyra Is Crazy: Many Months Of Mommy Madness - Masterweaver



Lyra wants a baby. Bonbon is a changeling. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
37
 571
 10,882

Lyra is Bipolar: The Interlude is Interesting

"Bonbon, I'm scared." Lyra hugged the changeling tightly. "I'm scared I'll do something crazy and you'll leave me and I know it's irrational but I'm so scared, Bonbon, tell me you'll never leave me."

"Lyra, I'll never leave you."

"Why can't I believe that?" The unicorn clutched at her wife. "I want to believe that! I want to, I do, but I can't!"

"You're having one of your panic attacks, hon." Bonbon petted her wife gently. "It's going to be okay. I promise."

Lyra whimpered, pressing her face into the changeling's thorax. "Please don't leave me..."

***

"OH my sweet CElestIA! LOOK AT THIS TABLE!"

"...It's our coffee table, Lyra."

"I just LOVE this table. It is RAD! TOTALLY RAD!" Lyra sprawled on the table, letting her swollen belly droop across the table. "Oh wow. HEY ARSENIC! DO I LOOK SEXY ON THIS TABLE?!"

"I'm not going to answer that with your wife in the room." Arsenic rolled his eyes, glancing out the window carefully.

Lyra nodded to herself. "I totally do. Hey Bonbon! Wanna take a picture?"

The changeling chuckled. "Why do I need to do that? You look sexy all the time."

"Well, yeah, but I'm not pregnant all the time! Oh oh oh!" Lyra spread one leg into the air, trying to look over her large baby bump. "Are my breasts growing in? I thought I felt something earlier, you know..."

"...Breasts?"

"You know, like udders. Only we have two of them, not four like cows, and they only grow in when we're pregnant."

Bonbon frowned, tilted her head, and suddenly gave a gasp of recognition. "Oh, so THAT'S what those two bumps are for! They did start feeling a little swollen a few weeks ago, yes, but the doctor gave you a clean bill of health so I thought I was just imagining things."

"Oh, neat! I wonder how big they'll be!"

Bonbon shrugged. "If they're anything like cow udders, probably pretty huge."

***

Lyra slumped into the couch, her forehooves dangling over the edge and trailing softly over the grain of the floorboards. "...you know, I don't know if there's really any point."

Bonbon glanced over her shoulder. "Any point in what?"

"In... you know, anything." The unicorn flicked an ear. "We're not going to live forever. Heck, we're not even going to live that long. I mean, Celestia does, but... she's so, you know, distant." She rolled over halfway, staring at her flank. "Special talent, ha. Anypony can make music..."

"Lyra." Bonbon walked over, kneeling down to look her wife in the eye. "You're important to me. You're special to me. You give me a reason to live."

"...yeah?"

"Yeah."

Lyra sighed. "I'm sorry, I just... I guess I'm on the depressive end of the cycle right now. I really wish I could take my pills..."

The changeling nuzzled her fondly. "You'll be okay. You're strong, Lyra. You can survive this."

"...yeah..."

***

"Bonbon!" Lyra draped herself over her wife, kissing her neck. "Have I mentioned you look sexy? Cause you look sexy. Reeeeeeally sexy."

"Lyra, I'm in the middle of making candies for my shop."

"It takes thirty minutes for those things to come out of the oven. Come oooooon," she whined, "I'm just really horny all of the sudden."

"...Fine. Arsenic, stay out of the kitchen until I say you can come in!"

***

"I JUST CAN'T TAKE THIS!"

Bonbon let out a resigned breath as her wife punched the couch again. "Lyra, sweetheart, you know that Celestia's taken care of them--"

"If it weren't for those DOG RUTTING SPAWN OF TARTARUS INBRED IDIOTS, I wouldn't BE like this!" Lyra growled, stalking around the living room. "Just thinking about their faces, I just--I can't--GRRAARGH!" She bucked at the couch with an inarticulate scream of pure rage.

The changeling winced. "...Lyra? Sweetheart--"

"I just broke the couch, didn't I."

"...it's still usable," Bonbon managed. "We can still sit on it, or lay on it."

"....Why am I so stupid..."

"You're not stupid, hon. I mean... you figured out the face diapers, right? That was pretty clever..."

"Yeah, sure it was..."

***

"And then, hee, and then I said 'Face Daipers for all! I have reaped the spoils!'" Lyra cracked up, leaning into the guard. "Oh, you should have been there, Lace, it was hilARious!"

Lace's ear flicked. "I'm.... sure." She very carefully pushed the unicorn into a sitting position.

"HAHAHHHAhaaaa, ha. Oh my gosh." Lyra leaned back into the guard. "You know something Lace? You're, like, my second favorite Changeling. Nothing tops Bonbon, don't get me wrong, but YOU!" She jabbed a hoof into the changeling's chest. "You have a sense of humor."

Without any expression at all, Lace pushed Lyra back into her sitting position. "I doubt that very much."

"Pfffffhahahahahahahahahaha! Like that! JUST like that!" The unicorn burst out in another fit of giggles, wrapping a hoof around Lace's shoulders. "I tell you, you and I? Comedy routine! We could, like, out-comedy Pinkie Pie herself!"

Very carefully, the changeling reached up, grabbed the green hoof, removed it from herself, and pushed Lyra back into a sitting position. "...if that is to happen," she managed, "I would suggest waiting until your magic comes back. Without it, I can't detect anything from you and it's... quite frankly disturbing."

"....SUCH a KIDder!" Lyra burst out cackling, falling onto Lace. "Bonbon should be here, heheeeeheehehehehee, cause, cause she is MISSING OUT!"

***

"Booooonnnnniiiiiiiiie.... I neeeeeeeeeeed yoooooou.... let me iiiiiiiiiiin!"

"I'm on the toilet, Lyra!"

The unicorn groaned, stretching her hooves up the door and whimpering. "I'm not kidding, Bonbon... I think I'm going to start humping this door soon--"

"GAH! Alright, fine, give--give me a few seconds, and I'll unlock the door!"

***

Lyra curled on the tile floor, sucking at her tail quietly.

Bonbon sighed, rubbing her shoulders. "...tell me what's going on."

"I'm, I'm such a burden right now," Lyra whispered. "I'm so, flighty, I.... I can't control what I feel, I can't even predict it...How are you still with me? This is too much..."

"In sickness and in health," Bonbon recited softly. "That's what I promised, and I live up to my promises."

"Bonbon, I, I broke a couch, I flirted with a guard, I, I needed sex twice, and, and it's only been two hours since I woke up!" Lyra wrapped herself tighter. "It's going to get worse, it's going to get much much worse. I don't even know if I'm still the pony you fell in love with... I want my pills. I want to be stable. I want out of this madness--"

"It's only for a few weeks," Bonbon murmured reassuringly. "And I'm here for you. And Arsenic is here for you, and Lace is here for you, and everypony in Ponyville knows to treat you with care--"

"Everypony knows?!"

Bonbon winced. "Well.... Celestia did come to town," she admitted reluctantly. "So most ponies know that you're... really shaken by the attack, even if they don't know all the details..."

The unicorn whimpered. "This is bad... they're going to call me the crazy unicorn--"

"Shhshhshh, it's fine. They won't treat you any different. Nopony is going to think any less of you, even if they do find out."

"I'm not safe... I'm not safe, I need to go to some, some asylum or--"

Bonbon hugged her wife tightly. "Stay with me. I'll keep you safe." She let her hooves travel down to Lyra's belly. "I'll keep you both safe."

"Yeah... yeah. Yeah!" Lyra slowly began to smile. "Yeah, you're right! You're right, you can do anything. You know so much, Bonbon, and I... You know, I don't say this a lot, but I really appreciate all the little things that you do for me, and I've come to rely on them so much. I love you, Bonbon. I love you a lot, and you're just... amazing." She giggled. "Screw the princesses, you should be on the throne! Let's stage a coup!"

Bonbon smiled. "Maybe after the foal's born."

"Yeah, alright, sure." Lyra stood up, walking toward the door with a sway in her step. "But we can tease Arsenic, right?"

"He's not going to react at all, you know." Bonbon grinned. "I'm starting to think he's gay! You go on ahead, I'll be with you in a second."

"Righto!" Lyra jumped through the door with an evil cackle, leaving Bonbon alone in the bathroom.

The changeling looked in the mirror. For a moment, a haggard and weary expression looked back at her.

"...just hang on," Bonbon murmured to herself. "Lyra needs you to be strong... and help is coming soon, anyway."

A flash of green fire later, and there were no more bags under her eyes, no droop to her ears, no lines of worry around her broad smile. She walked out of the bathroom, only just stumbling on her hole-filled hooves.

Author's Note:

Velp.