• Published 5th Sep 2014
  • 778 Views, 9 Comments

Runway, US... EQUESTRIA? - Tik-Tok-deerpony



A blue angels stunt pilot crash lands into a new life

  • ...
8
 9
 778

Blast to the past; part 2

It was late morning when I walked down to breakfast. By the time I got into the diner, Applebloom, Todd, and Dakota where already eating. Todd pushes a plate of bacon and beans towards me.

“Hurry up Frank, we need to get down to the horse races before they start.” Todd informs me. I quickly eat my breakfast and pay the bartender the rent.

“Got any money?” Dakota asks as we leave the hotel.

“Yeah, turns out, gold coins is the only form of money in Equestria.” I reply.

“About how much is gold worth in Equestria?” Dakota asks.

“It’s a gold coin just for an apple, I’ll just let you figure out the worth of gold there yourself.” I reply.

“Dang, if you run a small business over there for a year, then bring back the profits back here, you wouldn’t have to work for the rest of your life!” Todd exclaims. Soon afterwards, we arrive at the horse races.

“I’d bet on number 2 if I want to make some money.” Todd says as we reach the betting table. I put down the last of my money on number 2 and hurry to take our places in the stands. We sit down by what looks to be a doctor and his wife.

As the races got underway, I started up a conversation with the Doctor.

“So, who do you think is going to win?” I ask him.

“Number 2, I believe.” The doctor says.

“Are you going to be betting any money?” I asked him next.

“Oh, I’m afraid that I won’t be staying long, so I won’t be here to see the results and collect my winnings.” He answered.

“Why not?” I asked, curious.

“I’m looking for some friends of mine.” He answers before getting up and leaving.


We arrive early in the morning on June 9, 1889. Which means that the ponies that came here have been here for almost a day.

“Come on, I don’t know how much time we got, or if there even alive.” I tell Derpy.

“Do you have any idea where they could be?” Derpy asks.

“Most likely at the horse races.” I reply.

“Horse races?” Derpy asks.

“It’s where humans race horses around a track while other humans bet on the outcome.” I explain as we exit the taurtas.

All is quiet as we walk through the near empty town towards the racing fields. As we walk, I look at the humans who haven’t went to the field to see if any of them are acting funny. As far as I can see, there are no possible suspects. Shortly after we got to town, we arrive at the racing fields. I pay for the entry fee for Derpy and me and we sit down in the stands.

Just as the race is about to start, 3 men and a young girl sit down next to us. I scan the crowd in search of the missing ponies. I check every face in the crowd in the hopes of finding the ponies, but not one of them stand out. Just as I was about to leave, one of the men decided to start up a conversation with me.

“So, who do you think is going to win?” he asks me.

“Number 2, I believe.” I answered him.

“Are you going to be betting any money?” he then asks me.

“Oh, no I won’t be staying long enough to bet.” I reply.

“Why not?” he then asks me.

“I’m looking for some friends of mine.” I answer. I motion to Derpy that it’s time to go.

As soon as we leave, I tell Derpy that I didn’t have any luck.

“Why don’t we check the hotel to see if they checked in there? Derpy suggests.

“Derpy, you are a guinness!” I exclaim. I then head as fast as I can to the hotel to find the missing ponys.

ONE MAD DASH THROUGH TOWN LATER

We stop in front of the hotel and try to catch are breaths.

“Doctor, was it *gasp* necessary for us to run?” Derpy asks.

“No. I thought *pant* that we needed the exercise.” I reply. Once we caught our breaths, we stepped into the hotel and went up to the owner.

“Excuse me kind sure, but did two strangers arrive sometime yesterday?” I ask the landlord.

“Yes, but they just left for the horse races with two man.” The landlord answers.

“Can you describe them for me please?” I ask.

“One is a large man with short black hair and the other a little girl with red-hair. May I ask why you need to know this?” The landlord asks me.

“There my cousins from Georgia and I was sent to pick them up and take them to my ranch in Texas. And just needed to make sure that they were the right ones.” I reply.

“Ok then, I just needed to make sure that you weren’t highwaymen trying to rob them. And there they are right now.” The landlord says as he points to somewhere behind me. I turn around and to my surprise, the man that I talked to at the race had just entered the hotel. I quickly thank the landlord and head over to where they were talking to two other men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I entered the hotel, the doctor from earlier walks up to me.

“Excuse me, but by any chance, have you come from Ponyville?” he asks me.

“Yeah, but how did you know that?” I ask in astonishment.

“Because I’m here to take you back.” The doctor replies.

“How are ya ganna do that?” Applebloom asks.

“Because im the doctor.” He answers.

“Doctor who?” Applebloom asks.

“Exactly.” The doctor replys.

“Wait, you’re that TV guy who travels through time in a phone booth?” I ask.

“I’ll have you know that the TARDAS is NOT a phone booth. And it can travel through space too.” The doctor snaps.

“Ok, Ok, geesh. Let’s just get out of here. Oh, and while you’re at it, can you help my friends back to where they belong in the 21st century?” I ask him.

“Sorry but I can’t do that.” He replys.

“Why not?” I ask.

“Spoilers.” He answers, cryptically.

“Don’t worry about it Frank, we like it here. We can get up any time we want to and theres no technology to pollute the land.” Todd tells me. I sigh.

“Well, then I guess it’s time for us to go home Applebloom.” I say to her. With that, we follow the Doctor and his assistant outside and head out of town to the blue telephone booth/time machine. As we get in the assistant stops me.

“You do know you’re going to have to tell everyone the truth about you being human when we get back, right?” she asks me.

“Yeah, I’ll do that.” I grumble as I closed the door behind me. The Doctor activates the time machine and with a Whooo-whooo-whooo I was on my way home.

Author's Note:

sorry for the late chapter and it being short, but with finals and the Holidays taking allot out of me this was all i could come up with. also, i think its time for my first ever contest. due to the fact that i can't come up with anything for my next chapter, i'm going to let you guys come up with a chapter to help me along. Also, know that i might change some things in you guys chapters but not to where you can't recognize it. and the prize for winning the contest is for your OC to be featured in it at some point.