• Published 6th Sep 2014
  • 2,536 Views, 134 Comments

New Faces, New Friends - ZephyrStrife



Fire burning in the depths of a frozen wasteland, our heroes will need to overcome the challenges of a whole new world!

  • ...
6
 134
 2,536

Chapter 5

Emma wasn't having a good day... Not one bit... And it was all because her (former) trainer, Mick, had decided to have the Diamond Dog that they were staying with set them up in what looked like an INCREDIBLY UNSAFE mine cart.

So why was she upset you may ask?

Well, it was because ALL FOUR OCCUPANTS OF THE CART were barreling down the tracks at almost twice the recorded maximum speed for a mine cart!

She was holding onto the edge of the cart for dear life, keeping her eyes closed and her ears pinned to her head as Mick simply shouted next to her with the glee of a child going on their favorite roller coaster. The constant click-clack that she knew from slightly older trains was the same here, travelling at almost the same speed as a regular train. If it weren't for the fact that she could still feel the bed of the cart with her feet she would've thought she had been flung out of the cart on their first jump.

While there was a normal track that most of the Diamond Dogs used to get from their underground cities to the surface outposts, Widget had custom-made a track that went between the capitol and her home, one that Emma didn't seem to appreciate ever since the first leap had made her nearly lose what food she hadn't had before they started their trip. Gleaming Gem had made sure to let the two fresh-riders know that their first time with Widget's track would be a doozy. Emma was just happy she had no breakfast to lose.

When the movements had finally started to settle down enough, Emma peeked open an eye... Just to open both eyes and gasp at what she saw.

The cart had slowed down considerably now that they were circling a massive underground city, many of the taller buildings seemed to have rooftops made out of gold or some sort of gold-colored metal, the outlying buildings that she saw all looked to be carved out of the stone in order to match the edge of the cavern. There were clanks and bangs of machinery as the cart began to get closer and closer to the center of the city, not obnoxious, the clangs and bangs seemed... rhythmical, calculated, beautiful. The bit of citizenry that she saw as the cart began to dip down seemed to be moving in time with the clanks.

But that was impossible... Wasn't it?

Slowly she began to find herself bobbing her head to the soothing beat that was echoing through the cavern, the cart seemed to slow down as they approached a station. It was intoxicating, the steady beat... like a drum... actually was getting her to smile as the cart pulled in to let them off.

Widget had a wide, toothy smile as she stepped out onto the main street of the city. "Ladies and Gentlepups!" She says with a dramatic flair of her arms. "Welcome to Khinolduhr! Capitol City of Canida."

Mick slowly clapped his paws together as he stared at the massive structures around him, when you're only a third of a meter high... well... everything is a giant to you. "Wow..." He says with no small amount of awe. "It's... It's like a more golden version of Goldenrod City... Except underground..."

Widget noticed the awestruck Cyndaquil and decided to go over to the little mouse-like pokemon and pat him gently on the head. "Someone seems a bit excited to be here." She grinned as she picked him up to give him a better view of the nearby area as they began to walk through the streets.

{[]}

About an hour later the group was standing outside of the second-largest structure in the city, The Royal Hall, where King Grimm Halfpaw resided. Widget had Mick in her arms as Emma was curled up on the back of Gleaming Gem. With a low grinding sound the doors began to open to admit them in and the group eagerly stepped inside as Widget began to prepare her notes about what happened while she was on the surface.

All that was lost on her when she saw the massive number of pokemon that were being idle around the main lobby.

A lot of them had some sort of earthy-brown color, some of them even looked to be made of stone...

There was even a gigantic snake made out of boulders patiently curled up in one corner. If it weren't for the fact that it was such a bizarre sight Widget would've walked right up to the secretary and gotten the forms she needed to fill out to see one of the clerks. It was actually a lot less chaotic than she would've guessed it would be with the pokemon thrown in the mix. Then she heard the secretary arguing with a strange, muscled, indigo pokemon that was shrinking down a little at the scolding he was getting.

Apparently today was Aggie's shift...

"I don't care if you don't speak our language! When that Arceus creature talked it made it clear to EVERYONE that you would obey the laws of the city you are in... And property damage due to brawling halfway across the city will get you time, no matter how strong you think you are!" The Machoke was nearly on his knees, his eyes betraying the fact that he looked like he was about to get a tad emotional . "Now... Go sit over on the left and a representative will be with you shortly so that you can have a defense in court." She says with a small, curt frown.

Mick could only gape in surprise, not only had this smaller diamond dog scolded a Machoke, but she actually got him to sit down across from the onix and patiently wait for a translator (Probably a psychic pokemon) so that he could plead his case in court. The surreal feeling of pokemon actually acting and being treated much like humans back home would if they had done anything against the law was so staggering that Widget actually had to snap a couple times in front of him to get his attention.

Now a Tyranitar and an Aggron were standing in front of the small dog, The tyranitar seemed to be the female since she had a bit of a feminine roundness to her body. She placed a slip of paper on the desk to let the Diamond dog read their request. They both seemed a bit tense as she went over each line. She gently put the paper down, quickly reaching for a folder and gave out a whistle, attracting the attention of a diamond dog that seemed to be about a teenager.

She gave him the folder, "Take this to the local investigation bureau, if you drop it I swear to the king I will make you regret it."

He rapidly nods and takes the folder before dashing away as if he had used Quick attack.

Aggie turns back to the Tyranitar and Aggron. "We'll get right on the case... you can stay at either one of the local shelters or with a friend, either way please notify us of your location so that if we get any information or find your son we can let you know as soon as possible." They nod and begin to walk away, giving Widget and the rest of the group the opportunity to speak with the lone secretary who seemed to have been intimidating enough to make an Onix wait.

"Oh boy... What have we gotten ourselves into...?" Mick thought as he swallowed a lump in his throat.

Author's Note:

Let me know what you think about how the Diamond dogs handled the appearance of the pokemon, I personally think that at least one of the civilizations on Equus should be able to do something like this, but let me know how you guys feel.

Comments, I love them, I love talking to my readers.