• Published 6th Sep 2014
  • 2,536 Views, 134 Comments

New Faces, New Friends - ZephyrStrife



Fire burning in the depths of a frozen wasteland, our heroes will need to overcome the challenges of a whole new world!

  • ...
6
 134
 2,536

Chapter 14

Mick took his time on his way back to the train car he was staying in, he yawned a little as he rubbed a little tiredness from his eyes and stumbled just outside of their room. The rumble of the train as it went down the track didn't help either, every so often there would be a bump that threw him off balance a little so that he had to quickly catch himself. With a small grumble he continued until he reached the room his friends were sharing. A quick slide of the door later and he found Emma sitting on one of the seats reading one of the Diamond dog books that Cousin Vinny had given them to help them, hopefully, learn basic Canidian. With a smile Mick leapt up onto the seat next to her and nuzzled her side, as he looked up he noticed her attention on him with a slight smile.

"Where have you been, Hm?" She asked quietly, not wanting to disturb the others who were sleeping, Mick simply shrugged a little.

"I was talking to a pair of pokemon... they were from Hoenn, really nice guys."

Emma gave a small chuckle before leaning down to nuzzle him. "I'm sure they were..."

They only spent a few more minutes studying the Canidian language before putting the book away to curl up together and rest for a bit, the lights finally dimming enough to simulate the night sky.

"Goodnight Mick..."

"Goodnight Emma..."

With their final goodnights the two drifted off to sleep, enjoying a new land that was ripe for adventure and exploration, knowing that if they stayed by their friends there would be no problem or obstacle they couldn't get past.

They may even be able to find their friends... family... possibly... everyone that they cared about.


A robed Diamond dog looked quickly both ways as he exited his room on the train car, making sure there wasn't anyone that would see him as he slipped down the hall to the entrance of the car just before the Conductor's cabin. His steps were nearly silent as he reached the car, slowly sliding the door open to step onto the connection bridge between the cars.

Despite being in a tunnel on a train, the car seemed almost dead-quiet as the hooded dog made his way over to the other side of the car, a miniscule *shink* could be heard as a blade extended in front of his paw. He inched the door open, trying not to let the conductor know that he had a guest, with a practiced ease he slipped a small, white rag from within his robe and covered the conductor's mouth. The startled struggles of the train operator slowly died down until he was limp in his chair, the hooded dog slipped the blade into a spot near the base of the conductor's neck and held the blade to make sure there would be no splatter or drip.

"Rest now... into the embrace of death and onto the next life to join the elements you were created from..." the hooded dog says in a hushed tone before he sets a red and gold stone near the furnace. "...May we all meet the elder eye..."

After sheathing his blade again he quickly left the conductor's cabin and pulled a small white stone from his robe and spoke to it. "Are you sure this will work?"

A feminine voice responded as he picked up his pace away from the train car. "Of course it will, The train will pass one of the outer dog outposts in four hours, Once we bury that outpost we'll take the supplies from what's left and then grab our target. Understood?"

"I understand... it's just... there's a lot of people on the train that didn't do anything wrong..."

"they didn't do anything right either." The voice calmly snapped at him. "They've spent their lives spurning the blessings of the eye and showing no humility or respect for the elements that he gave them. With this we send more to see their true creator." The dog winced a little at her voice, hesitating to open the door.

"Yes... Of course..." He murmured before stowing the stone away and making his way to the dining car, hoping to catch a drink before the fireworks started.


The air was biting, the chill would normally have sent many running for their cozy homes, but for a single Aggron in the middle of town square, the cold didn't bother him nor did it seem to phase the slightly aged unicorn sitting in the snow next to him, wrapped in layers of thick fabric. The Aggron raised a large metal cup to his mouth and took a few deep gulps before lowering it and looking out over the snow.

The unicorn looks up at him, "You certainly seem like someone who's seen quite a lot... probably used to travel, Right?" At this the large steel dinosaur nodded. "The world is a wonderful place to travel... a wonderful place to see. But when everything's all said and done you start to miss home." The unicorn continued, getting another nod from the Aggron. "Obviously, with all that travel you found someone you cared deeply for... someone you wanted to spend the rest of your life with..."

The Aggron looked down at the liquid that was still in the metal cup, he felt his jaw muscles twinge as his mind drifted to a time before... when he did travel, the love he felt, the friends he made... And then he felt his muscled tense in anger as he remembered the Rangers. As he heard the sound of metal crumpling he looked at the cup in his hands and noticed that he had nearly crushed it into a ball with the amber liquid still inside.

"I see... well, I've got more cups back at my place so one isn't a problem..." The unicorn said with a slight smile to his tone as he patted the large dinosaur-like creature on the arm. With a grunt of thanks the Aggron quickly brought the cup to his mouth and chomped down on the whole thing, alcohol and all, taking the unicorn by surprise. "Well... I... I'm actually a little surprised, the only other creature I've seen to eat stuff like that would be dragons...never up close mind you... but, wow."

The Aggron seemed a little surprised and blinked a little as the rest of his drink quickly splashed down his throat. Slowly he began to get up.

"You know, if you've got no place to go... you could stay with me... gets lonely out here and I could use someone to talk to, even if you don't talk back. The diamond dogs out here aren't quite the best conversationalists."

The Aggron seemed to give it a little thought, placing a claw on his chin as he looked to the ground in thought. About a minute passed before he nodded.

At that moment the ground shook as snow was blasted high into the air behind the pokemon and pony. Quickly turning to try and see what caused the quake the two began to rush over to the edge of a huge hole in the ground.

The unicorn gasped as he realized where the hole was, "The train line to Kinholdur is down there, come on! We need to alert rescue teams!" The Aggron nodded and picked up the pony as he stomped his way back toward town hall through the snow.

Author's Note:

Yay! Finally, it took less than a month for me to update the story! I feel so accomplished.