• Published 7th Sep 2014
  • 2,339 Views, 56 Comments

Revelation - The Infinity Doctor



There are many things Booker DeWitt could be described as- a drunkard, a gambler, a professional in his field, and on occasion, a loving father. Contracted by a mysterious client, Booker and his three-year-old daughter find themselves in Equestria.

  • ...
3
 56
 2,339

Mean, green, fixing machine

"Rarity- Spike..." Booker heaved, going weak in the knees "...don't...do that...again..."

The unicorn and baby dragon nodded tiredly, just as tired as Booker was.

"Spike...you owe me..." he added, collapsing onto the grass.

Spike had somehow managed to cast some sort of manipulation spell on Rarity, next thing he knew- Rarity was re-decorating, re-furbishing, and re-upholstering everything in sight. Spike, probably thinking he was up to his ear fins in trouble, and came to him to help solve the problem. Holding down a marshmallow white pony was a lot more difficult than it sounded- especially when said marshmallow white pony was a unicorn. It took both the combined efforts of both Spike and himself to just catch her.

The baby dragon nodded in resignation, closing his eyes as his tiny chest puffed in and out.

A gentle breeze blew by, brushing his face and body as he stared at the stationary clouds hanging against the pure blue backdrop of sky.

Pain twinged in his gut as the soft grass tickled the back of his neck.

'Must be low on salts...' he thought to himself, removing a small, hardened lump from his vest pocket. Taking a very hesitant bite, he slugged the small lump of salt, and the burning in his muscles ceased, at least temporarily.

'Must be the magic in the air.' Booker thought, glancing at the tired unicorn and baby dragon.

He could only assume that the magic was speeding up his recovery, or at least that's what he assumed, based on Twilight's lecture earlier in the week.

"So...what's the plan now?" Spike asked, apparently looking to Booker for help.

"Beats the hell out of me." he shrugged, glancing around the empty field.

"Well..." Rarity began, popping her spine as she rose "the first thing you're going to do, is confess to Twilight about this little escapade."

"Not to mention, destroy that book..." Booker muttered under his breath.

"What was that?!" Rarity snapped, her mane frazzled.

"I think we've all had a rough day," Booker sighed, really not wanting to pick a fight with an angry and stressed unicorn "why don't we all head back home and talk about this tomorrow? No one has to find out until then."

Rarity looked as if she were about to argue, while Spike glanced between the two of them, an expectant look on his face.

"Fine...I suppose we've had enough excitement for one day." Rarity replied tersely.

Spike and himself sighed in relief simultaneously. Rarity began at a moderate trot, then progressively came to a limp, one of her hind legs acting up.

He briefly thought about making a joke, given the situation, but the three of them had had a long day, and now wasn't the particular time to agitate either Rarity or Spike.

Booker approached Rarity, and plucked her off the ground, with no small amount of effort. Carrying a colt or filly back in the cavalry? That was easy. A full-grown-pony, about the size of a German Shepherd? Not so much.

"Mister DeWitt! I'll have you know-"

"I don't care what you 'know'." Booker grumbled, walking back into town.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Look..." Booker sighed "...we're all tired...let me just do this...and...you can give it to me tomorrow, okay? You're limping."

Spike muttered something incoherent as Rarity blushed hotly. Booker simply rolled his eyes and the trio continued their journey towards the Boutique.

"Mister DeWitt?" Spike asked.

"Yeah?" Booker grunted in response.

"...have you ever killed anyone?"

"...yeah..." Booker responded, unsure where the conversation was heading.

"Did...d-did you enjoy it?"

Booker turned and stared at the young drake questioningly.

"I-I mean...was it easy? To look at someone that you've....?"

"Some of my buddies back on in the cavalry would say it gets easier with time..."

"And you?" Rarity asked, interested.

"...no..." he answered "...it's never easy..."

The three finished the walk back in silence.


Booker entered his new place of residence, he took notice of Anna napping on the couch, and made a beeline for his room. Once inside, he loosened his tie and dove onto the bed, closing his eyes and adjusting himself.

The sound of little hooves on the carpet gave way to confusion. It was only after 1 o'clock, Dinky was still in school- Sparkler and Ditzy were out...

His question was soon answered as four small hooves landed on his back. He shouted in pain, and glared at the newest addition to the household. The purple filly was now looking at him in concern, her features turning into a frown as her ears flipped downward. Booker rolled his eyes, not finding the energy to scold her at the moment. Begrudgingly, he opened his arms and the filly leapt forward, curling into his arms.

Booker sighed, and rolled over, so the filly was now laying atop his chest.

'God...' he thought, starting to drift off 'why the hell am I always the one in these situations?'

Comments ( 4 )

"...no..." he answered "...it's never easy..."

That goes directly against what he told Elisabeth in Infinite.
He told her it was frightening how easy it became.

My head-canon is that he doesn't like to do it, but always seems to NEED to do it.

6889187 Did he say that? Shoot! Arrhhgggggg

7467868 more man I love it :heart::heart::rainbowwild:

Login or register to comment