• Published 1st Sep 2014
  • 28,918 Views, 10,574 Comments

The Sparkle in his Eye - Tatsurou



Ratchet balances saving the galaxy with being the father to a purple alicorn foal. Adorable shenanigans and explosions ensue.

  • ...
73
 10,574
 28,918

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria Interlude: Parents the Meet

When Night Light and Twilight Velvet received the message from Shining Armor, they immediately cut their vacation short and headed straight for Ponyville, so alarming were the contents of said message. Their little Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn? Amazingly wonderful news, but they spent half her cutecineara as potted plants. Between that and what they'd heard and seen of her other adventures - Nightmare Moon, Discord, Changelings, Sombra - hardly surprising at this point. Becoming a Princess? Somewhat alarming, given it was still their little Sparkle, but something they could live with. Spurning the entirety of the Canterlot Elite for whatever project she was currently engaged in? Far too easy to believe, and something to be proud of...but also something more for discussion via dragonfire letters than an emergency face-to-face contact.

But a coltfriend? If Changelings weren't involved again, the Apocalypse may well be neigh!

As they finally arrived at the train station, Night Light lowered his weed whacker and pushed his visored hat up somewhat to expose his eyes. "Goodness, the town's messy today. Think this is an everyday thing?"

Twilight Velvet lowered her torch as she took a look around at the vines still thrashing around town, attacking buildings that seemed to repel the vines. "Given no one seems to be in a panic, it very well could be. Twilight has mentioned in her letters how exciting life here can be."

"So...which way is the library?" Night Light asked, glancing around. "That's likely where we'll find Twilight-"

"She's not there right now, but I can take you there to wait for her," a deep voice spoke from behind them.

They turned just in time to see a massive, grey-skinned figure with metallic armor fused with his flesh grasp a vine that was reaching for them in massive hands and rip it in half. "Neftin Prog-Nefarious, at your service," he introduced himself. "How do you know Twilight?"

"You know our little Sparkle?" Velvet asked in surprise. She couldn't imagine how Twilight could have befriended such a creature. ...to be perfectly honest, she still had a hard time on occassion wrapping her mind around the fact Twilight actually had friends.

"Oh, you're her parents," Neftin deduced before picking them up. "Come on, I'll take you to the library so you can meet her parents."

"...what?" Night Light asked carefully, uncertain he heard it right.

"As I understand it, Sun Butt had some sort of accident when helping Twilight sprout wings, and she wound up an infant two decades and several galaxies away," Neftin explained. He paused as he noticed them both nodding understandingly. "You...don't seem fazed."

"I'm a writer," Velvet explained, "and I've dabbled a bit in science fiction. Time travel mishaps are something of a passion of mine, story wise."

"And I work in speculative magic," Night Light added. "In addition to hearing out everything Velvet here writes, my job is to look at magic and ask 'what if'."

"So that's where she gets it," Neftin murmured thoughtfully as he ducked under the library doorframe. "Here's everyone." He pointed to the figures in question of various shapes. "Ratchet, Twilight's other Dad. Her other Moms, Clank, Sasha, Angela, Talwyn, and my sister Vendra. The big guy in green still outside is her other BBBFF, Captain Qwark. The metal guy over there cackling with glee at the destruction is Dr. Nefarious, Twilight's boyfriend."

"So that's the boyfriend," Night Light observed, focusing on the male who seemed to think he was good enough for his little girl.

"You said you were...Prog-Nefarious?" Velvet asked curiously.

"Twilight bullied him into adopting us as part of our reform of being evil," Neftin explained.

"Wait...I'm already a grandma?" Velvet asked in shock.

Neftin shrugged. "Technically, Vendra's her own grandma since she's hooked up with her step-mom's Dad."

"...I was wondering about the empty cider casks..." Night Light murmured softly.

Ratchet chuckled softly. "Yeah, Celestia had some difficulty accepting how Twilight's changed. She started chugging around the time she heard Twilight had access to tech that could tear open holes in the fabric of the universe."

"We had not even gotten to what she did in The Great Clock," Clank added with a chuckle. "From what I've heard, there is not enough booze in the world for Celestia to handle that story."

"Oh?" Velvet asked curiously. "The way you emphasize, I'm assuming the Great Clock is some sort of temporal regulation device? Possibly designed to contain some massive temporal anomaly?"

"No wonder she handled the science so easily," Sasha chuckled indulgently. "Sounds like we've all got quite a few stories to swap."

"Oh, you want stories?" Velvet purred. "Have I got stories for you..."

As Velvet began telling Twilight's other Moms about Twilight as a child - and got similar stories from Ratchet - Night Light made his way over to Nefarious. "So...Dr. Nefarious?"

"Yes, that's me," Nefarious replied bluntly as he turned his eyes towards the Everfree. "Is this the part where you try to threaten me should I hurt Twilight? Because Shining Armor already attempted that, only to learn he had nothing he could threaten me with that would trump threats already in place from Clank."

"Oh, I wouldn't do that," Night Light offered warmly. "I just want to be sure of a few things regarding you. First off...with your name and appearance..."

"I'm the greatest supervillain the universe has ever known," Nefarious responded bluntly. "Twilight is fully aware of this, and we'd fought several times as hero and villain before our first date. It's not an attempt on my part to turn her to evil, or on hers to turn me good. I asked her out because she's the only sophont I ever met who could meet me on an equal level intellectually, and she agreed for same reason. An adventure for survival together found chemistry, and we clicked as a couple after that. I sometimes kidnap her so Qwark - her BBBFF and my nemesis - can go on an adventure to rescue her, while we have a weekend of kinky fun together."

Night Light blinked several times. "That's...a very blunt way to put things to her father..."

"Part of what drove Celestia to drinking so much was learning that Twilight designed my penis for her pleasure after learning my original one didn't survive the process that turned me into a machine organism," Nefarious interrupted. "Also, I'm evil. Of course I'm going to try to terrorize when I can."

"...fair enough," Night Light allowed. "I suppose that also answers my question of if you knew what you were getting into, dating a mare of her line-"

"One of our funtime activities is trying to out-crazy each other," Nefarious interrupted again.

"Then I guess my only remaining question is if she's happy with you," Night Light concluded.

"Just a few days ago, she encountered Celestia's previous personal student - a mare named Sunset Shimmer - and asked how I'd feel about adding her to our relationship."

"Fair enough!" Night Light responded quickly, finding he'd heard about as much as he could handle regarding his little girl and her relationships. "No more questions-"

"One more," Velvet suddenly spoke up insistently from Nefarious' other side.

"YAAAAUGH!" Nefarious shrieked as he leapt into the air in surprise. "Don't do that!"

"Grandfoals," Velvet stated firmly, her eyes boring into Nefarious' skull.

Nefarious blinked a few times. "Uh...t-that wasn't a question..." he pointed out nervously.

"Well it certainly wasn't a request," Velvet agreed.

PreviousChapters Next