• Published 1st Sep 2014
  • 28,914 Views, 10,574 Comments

The Sparkle in his Eye - Tatsurou



Ratchet balances saving the galaxy with being the father to a purple alicorn foal. Adorable shenanigans and explosions ensue.

  • ...
73
 10,574
 28,914

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria Adventures: Through the Looking Glass

"...and that's the last I saw of her," Celestia finished her explanation of who Sunset Shimmer was and the nature of the mirror portal. "Now, I can understand if this comes as a shock-"

"Definitely going to need the Blasters," Twilight muttered to herself as she opened compartments of her armor, loading different armaments into them. "And the Protosuit, just in case..."

Celestia blinked nervously. "And I'm afraid I don't know much about the nature of the world beyond the portal," she cautioned. "All I do know is that magic does not naturally pass through the mirror while active-"

"So the world's not likely to have much in the way of magic," Twilight allowed, loading up her Peacemaker rocket launcher and Omniflux Rifle. "Kinda figured, considering Sunset was handling the Element by hoof rather than with her magic. She's probably out of practice, so I can assume I won't have magic there either. Probably can count on the Netherbeast not functioning well there either, so I'll go with the Netherblades." She hefted the weapon, revving the razor sharp discs inside. "Just in case I need to clear a room."

Celestia swallowed. "Twilight, I do still care greatly for Sunset, and would prefer she not come to harm as a result of this-"

"I already packed the Mag-Net Cannon!" Twilight chided. "I even tweaked it so it'll only zap her if she struggles. She's bound to have the sense not to try and force her way out of a lightning cage without magic or armor, right? Now, what else...?"

"Some holo-barriers and the Tesla Shield, perhaps?" Clank suggested diffidently.

"Oh, good idea!" Twilight agreed as she loaded those up. "Also some Groovitrons, and my wrench-saber. And an Eyeshard I grew in my lab in the library to boost my armor's comm signal so I can hopefully keep in contact with Aphelion across dimensions." She stood up, flaring her wings. "I'm ready to go."

"Ya ain't plannin' on going alone ah hope!" Applejack spoke up quickly.

"Yeah!" Rainbow crowed. "A new world, new adventure? We're right behind you, Twi!"

Before any of the others could speak up, Twilight cut them off. "Not a good idea," she warned. "If I have to pull out any of these armaments, none of you have any protection from them, and I'm not used to having to watch out for friendly targets. I could accidentally shoot one of you. I'm not going to risk it. Spike and I will be fine on our own."

"So you'll risk shooting me?" Spike asked, torn between nervousness and upset.

"Of course not!" Twilight countered as she levitated Spike onto her back. "You're going to stay right here and watch my back, just like Mom does for Dad." She jerked her head towards Clank and Ratchet.

"That's going to take so much getting used to," Shining Armor whispered to Cadence, who nodded in reply.

"Can't I go with you?" Qwark pleaded hopefully. "Please?"

"You're bigger than the portal, BBBFF," Twilight pointed out. "You wouldn't fit."

"I could crouch!" Qwark whined.

"Stay and bond with Shining," Twilight instructed firmly.

Qwark sighed, nodding acceptance.

Celestia breathed a sigh of relief. At least she didn't have to forbid anyone else from going for fear of 'destabilizing the balance between the worlds'. She doubted she'd be able to float that by this new Twilight without qualms. In all likelihood, it would likely lead to Twilight experimenting with said balance. "You will need to hurry," she warned carefully. "The portal will only remain open for three days, and then close for another 30 moons. If you aren't back by then-"

"Dad, my designs for the Dimensionator Installation are are in my bags!" Twilight called out to Ratchet. "Install the mirror in it. That should let us open the portal whenever if this takes me too long. Wish I could make the hat, but the tech just doesn't exist here to miniaturize the circuitry properly."

Celestia blinked several times. "...President Qwark, how streamlined would my government become if I gave Twilight the reigns for say...a week?"

"Given what you said about the balance of power at the moment, you and your sister would probably be obsolete figureheads by the third day with most things taking care of itself," Qwark allowed. "Of course, by the fifth day the nobles more interested in lining their pockets than discharging their responsibilities would be fomenting a revolution to overthrow her...and by the sixth day you'd have a much smaller noble caste...which would count towards that efficiency bit."

"Not enough booze in the world, is there sister?" Luna asked forlornly. Celestia nodded in sad agreement.

Thus properly prepared, Twilight stepped through the portal.


Twilight groaned as she pushed herself off the ground and quickly took stock of herself. Okay...shift of center of gravity, my body's been changed. Forehooves wriggle a lot...those are hands. Weight on the upper torso without the feeling of muscle... She opened her eyes and glanced down at herself. Yup. Those are tits. Looks like I'm humanoid... Getting to her feet, she glanced over herself. Okay...by all accounts, aside from retaining my usual coloring, I'm human. So I gotta keep an eye out for Spike's human form-

"T-Twilight?" Spike's voice asked nervously from below. "Is...is that you?"

Twilight turned with a smile...only for that smile to fall as she caught sight of Spike. "...I'm gonna need to reprogram that portal," she grumbled irritably. "It's specist. It turned you into a tiny dog!"

"It what?" Spike asked in shock, spinning to take a look at himself. "Well nevermind that! Look at you!"

"I have been!" Twilight proclaimed proudly as she looked over herself. Her white armor fit her new frame like a second skin, the blue lines glowing with Zoni energy. It shaped almost uncomfortably well to every inch of muscle in her arms and legs, her flat stomach, and the balanced swells of T&A. The helmet retracted, setting her long flowing tresses free to wave in a nonexistent wind.

"You...you look..." Spike gasped out.

"Hot!" Twilight concluded, tapping a button on her shoulder to eject a camera pod to snap a few photos as she posed in such a way to enhance the look, basing it on the poses Sasha took in the pictures she'd given Ratchet when she went to become President of Solana. "Wait till Mervin sees these..." she purred, reveling in the mental image of his jaw falling off again.

"Uh...Mervin?" Spike asked nervously.

"I'll introduce you later," Twilight promised. She then tapped a button over her left breast. "Aphelion, do you read?"

"Loud and clear, Twilight!" Aphelion called out through the speaker. "And I've locked onto the dimensional signature of your signal origin. Failing all else, I can retrieve you myself if need be."

"Can you give me a general location of my Element?" Twilight asked eagerly, looking forward to this new adventure.

"The signal's rather diffuse, but it's coming from somewhere in that building in front of you."

Twilight looked up, feeling her enthusiasm wane as she read the words 'High School' on the sign in front of the building. "...of course..."

PreviousChapters Next