• Published 19th Sep 2014
  • 9,789 Views, 703 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Overpowered (Season 1) - ocalhoun



Join Twilight Sparkle and her friends as they easily defeat every challenge thrown at them with their awesome friendship powers.

  • ...
56
 703
 9,789

S01E03 The Ticket Master

Twilight pulled in the letter out of Spike's breath. "It's a letter from Princess Celestia!" She spent a few moments reading through it carefully, then her face brightened. "I've been invited to the Grand Galloping Gala, plus one guest!"

Spike burped again. "Look, two tickets!"

"Wow, great! I've never been to the gala. Have you, Spike?"

"No, and I plan to keep it that way. I don't want any of that girly frilly frou-frou nonsense."

Twilight leaned toward him. "Aw, come on Spike. A dance would be nice."

"Nice? It's a heap good more than just nice. I'd love to go. Land sakes, if I had an apple stand set up, ponies would be chowin' our tasty vittles till the cows came home. Do you have any idea how much business I could drum up for Sweet Apple Acres? Why, with all that money, we could do a heap of fixin' up 'round here. We could replace that saggy old roof, and Big McIntosh could replace that saggy old plow, and Granny Smith could replace that saggy old hip." Applejack blinked a couple times, seeming to come out of her trance. "Why, I'd give my left hind leg to go to that gala."

"Well, in that case, would you like to go?"

"Woah!" Rainbow's sudden crash into her prevented any reply from Applejack. "Are we talking about The Grand Galloping Gala?"

Applejack scowled at her. "Rainbow Dash, you told me you were too busy to help me harvest apples. What were you busy doing, spyin'?"

"No, I was busy napping, and I just happened to hear that you have an extra ticket?"

Twilight winced. "Yeah, but..."

"YES! This is so awesome. The Wonderbolts perform at The Grand Galloping Gala every year. I can see it now. Everyone would be watching the sky. Their eyes riveted on The Wonderbolts, but then in would fly Rainbow Dash! I would draw their attention with my Super Speed Strut. Then, I would mesmerize 'em with my Fantastic Filly Flash. And for my grand finale, The Buccaneer Blaze! The ponies would go wild! The Wonderbolts would insist that my signature moves be incorporated into their routine, and then welcome me as their newest member. Don't you see, Twilight? This could be my one chance to show 'em my stuff. You gotta take me!"

Applejack pulled her back by the tail. "Hold on just one pony pickin' minute here. I asked for that ticket first."

"So?" Rainbow pulled her tail back. "That doesn't mean you own it."

"Girls, girls." Twilight held her hooves up. "Relax. Watch, I've got the perfect spell for this." With a bright magical glow from Twilight's horn, one of the tickets flashed bright purple. Suddenly, there were three.

"A duplication spell?" Rainbow grabbed one of the floating tickets. "Nice!"

Applejack's eyes went distant for a moment, and she tapped her chin. "Hey, ya think the rest of our friends might like to go too?"

Twilight smiled. "Let's ask them! There are plenty of tickets to go around."

* * *

"Would I like to go to the most amazing super-exclusive party EVER? Of course! Sign me up!" Pinkie bounced crazily around, a challenge to keep track of.

With another flash, another ticket duplicated.

* * *

Rarity gasped. "The Gala? I've always dreamed of going. Of course I will!"

A freshly duplicated ticket floated over to her.

* * *

"Oh, hi Fluttershy." Twilight smiled. "We were just looking for you. Would you like an invitation to the Grand Galloping Gala?"

"Um... well, no." Fluttershy scuffed a hoof against the ground for a moment, until her bunny tapped her on the leg. "But I would love to go to the gardens around the dance! I hear they're lovely, especially on that night."

"Well, we'd love to have you with us!" Twilight sent another ticket floating over to another friend. "Okay, Spike, that's all of them. I guess everypony wants to go."

"Heh, good thing you learned that duplication spell, or this would have been rough!"

Twilight wiped her brow. "You're telling me. Come on, I'm starving. Let's head over to the cafe."