• Published 19th Sep 2014
  • 9,795 Views, 703 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Overpowered (Season 1) - ocalhoun



Join Twilight Sparkle and her friends as they easily defeat every challenge thrown at them with their awesome friendship powers.

  • ...
56
 703
 9,795

S01E26 The Best Night Ever

There they finally were, inside the great castle doors and at the Grand Galloping Gala. All her friends began to dash away, but Twilight remembered her promise to Spike. She stopped them all with a bit of magic.

"Let's stay together girls. Being here with friends is what makes it fun."

All of them paused for a moment, looking deep. One by one, though, they came around.

"So, what should we do first?" Twilight glanced between them.

All five took in a deep breath, ready to yell their own opinion.

Twilight stopped them. "On second thought, how about we draw straws to see who goes first?"

* * *

"Ugh! This guy is such a jerk! Can we go now?"

"Rainbow Dash! That is no way to talk to a—"

Applejack held a hoof up against Rarity's mouth. "Honey, that colt is treating you like dirt, and I won't stand for it."

Rarity sighed and shoved Applejack's hoof out of the way. "You're right." She shook her head. "So, who was next, Fluttershy, was it?"

Blueblood just walked on, apparently oblivious to the fact that his mare was no longer following him around.

* * *

As all seven of them left the castle gardens, Twilight undid the invisibility and inaudability spell she had put on them all.

"Thank you, Twilight." Fluttershy gave her a quick hug. "I would never have guessed the critters in the castle gardens would be so skittish... but it was wonderful to be able to watch them in their undisturbed environment."

* * *

Applejack shouldered yet another curious pony out of the way, preventing him from getting in between Rainbow and the Wonderbolt captain. "Is she about done hobnobbin' over there yet? I'm not sure how much longer I can keep 'em away."

"Just a little while longer, dear, then it will be your turn." Rarity blocked another pony with the bulk of her own dress. "Have patience."

* * *

Raking another pile of bits into her suitcase, Applejack let her grin spread even wider. With all of her friends out there advertizing, and Rarity's advice about overpricing things, this was turning out to be the best business day in years. She'd be able to do all she wanted and more!

* * *

"Woo-hoo! Time to par-tay!" Pinkie bounced into the ballroom, more energetic than ever.

Rarity halted her in her tracks with a levitation spell. "Hold it right there, Pinkie."

"Huh?" Pinkie turned her head – all she could do – and stared at Rarity. "What's the matter?"

"This is a formal party, Pinkie." Rarity let her friend free again, but stayed close to her side. "There is still a lot of fun to be had, but it is going to require a whole new set of mannerisms. Are you ready?"

Pinkie stared at her and blinked a couple times. "I... guess so."

"Good." Rarity smiled. "Now, follow my lead."

* * *

Twilight sighed. "With this many ponies waiting to be seen," she whispered to her friends, "I'll never get a chance to talk to the Princess!"

"Twilight's right," Applejack whispered back. "We've got to do somethin'."

Fluttershy stroked her chin. "Hm... we probably need a distraction. A big one."

"Say no more!" Rainbow Dash strutted out with a huge grin on her face. "Time for me to put on the moves!" Without waiting for any response, she jumped and flew up into the high-ceilinged entry hall. As her stunt routine grew more and more daring, ponies in line to greet Celestia began to stop and stare. Before long, all of them had stopped to watch, leaving Celestia unoccupied for a few precious moments.

"So nice to finally get a chance to talk to you, Twilight." The Princess gave a much more genuine smile than she'd been giving everypony else.

Twilight smiled back. "I can't wait to get caught up!"

Celestia glanced at her friends. "It doesn't seem like everypony is here, though. Where are Rarity and Spike?"

"Well..." Twilight blushed slightly. "Rarity was disappointed that her date was a disaster, so Spike invited her to go see the golden apple tree."

"As in a..." Celestia's eyebrow rose slightly.

"Yep, Rarity has a new date." Twilight giggled. "I'm sure nothing will come of it, though. It's just a childhood crush... right?"

"Only time will tell." Celestia gave one of her characteristic enigmatic smiles.

Author's Note:

Thanks for sticking with me, and I hope you enjoyed the ride!
I'm currently working on season 2, and you should be notified when it comes out if you've faved or followed. ^.^

Comments ( 108 )

Fantab. Keep it up!

And that is how it was the best night ever.

What good is being at the Gala without the song?

KBO.:twilightsmile:

Major improvement on the original episode here. Huzzah!

Behold! When this is better than cannon!!

And now...season 2.

Oh, the Mare-Do-Well is going to be funnnn:pinkiehappy:

TGM

I liked this one better too, they all got to do what they wanted with the help of their friends :pinkiesmile:

But... I liked the original... :pinkiesad2:

5123210 You know what I hate? Surprise never got a single line yet. You know, the white Wonderbolt with the yellow mane. She's from MLP G1.

Ah said Booyah! Also next Episode! The Return of Harmony! Fluttershy is listened to when she has the right answer. Seriously just check out the episode and after Discord's riddle Fluttershy wants to go home. It's my head canon that she knew the answer but she didn't press the matter because of her basic character trait of being very shy. Anyway... If Tia gets a little OP then she will have enchanted the Elements just in case some chaos god tries to steal them. Foresight is OP, right?

Anyway... I'll see you at the next season!

And they were spared of Fluttershy going crazy. :rainbowwild:

Thus concludes Season 1. Roll on Season 2! :pinkiehappy:

*Laughing* (Lol), that IS The Best Night Ever, they all worked together to make everything perfect, and yet more overpowering!!! :rainbowlaugh::twilightsmile:

That was Amazing, Ocalhoun, Perfect Job, and Good Luck on Season 2 of this!! :twilightsmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiehappy::rainbowdetermined2:

This is probably the best chapter; showcased all the Mane 6 at their finest.

5125250 "Best story ever written. Twilight Sparkle is such a dynamic character."
-translated from TheTypeOfReaderWhoDoesn'tGetWhyMarySuesAreBad-ese to English

Oh man, xD this is too rich! The answers are soooo freaken simple!!!

this was intersting but i like it:twilightsheepish::twilightsmile:

This chapter I like. Looking forward to season 2.
Keep up the good work. Deus tecum.

NOTHING IS MORE FUCKING POWERFUL THAN FUCKING FRIENDSHIP

5158781
:twilightoops:

5159289
Now that's the spirit! :rainbowwild:

5185368
Or... seaweed? :rainbowhuh:

Very good work. The concept was interesting and all of the chapters kept me entertained. Looking forward to seeing season two! :twilightsmile:

5201936
Heh, I'm working on it. ^.^

So that how you would do this Episode and to be honest it was better than what was I suggested. I wanted them not being allowed to attend the Gala, cause they had magicly created fake Tickets, remember?

And it was MUCH BETTER than the actual Episode since they stayied together and helped each other as true true Friends (especially the Part with Spike)

After reading this whole thing I realized this isn't like an abridged seares. Most abridged series I've seen have a lot more joke. Of cores that probably not what your going for

5204518
Exactly! ^.^

5205529
Yeah... here, the abridgement sort of is the joke.

I was actually expecting something slightly different from the description... :derpytongue2:
apples need bucking? get the elements of harmony and blast the trees with rainbows
Gilda's being a jerk? blast her with rainbows
Applebloom wants her cutie mark? rainbows

I want to see the Season 2 sequel to this, I think it might be even more funny, since that seems to be where the show started focusing more on the characters' flaws and weaknesses.

5270956
Heh, I could get into that solution. ^.^
Use the elements of harmony for everything.

5159289
... But... What of love?:fluttershysad:

5283125
Heh, and that's one reason I really don't like that episode.

Reads summery...Faved:eeyup:.

5294384
Lucky for you, season 2 will be coming out very soon. :twilightsmile:
(I just need to make the cover image.)

5295879 I'm sure it will be a fun read then:rainbowdetermined2:.

My Little Pony: Common Sense is Magic :trollestia:

This is a good take on things :pinkiehappy:

5319763
^.^
Gummy is best pet.

I might use this... because I am kind of trying to make an alternate reality where things are less retarded.

5341197
Feel free. ^.^

I gonna write what I think of every Chapter of your Fic

Friendship is Magic Part 1:

It's a good start and I liked Celestia told Twilight to get the Element

THUMBS UP

Friendship is Magic Part 2:

Eh... nothing special... just skipping their Journey

THUMBS UP/DOWN

The Ticket Master:

I already mentioned that I wished for them to be arrested (or something) for making fake Tickets

THUMBS DOWN

Applebuck Season:

This makes no Sense... your Fanfic is called "Friendship is Overpowered" AJ's Strengh has nothing to do with Friendship

THUMBS DOWN

Griffon the Brush Off:

I liked it for the mere Fact that the other Things Gilda did were not shown

THUMBS UP

Boast Busters

WORST CHAPTER EVER!!! :flutterrage: TWILIGHT JUST DESTROYED TRIXIE'S CAREER AND SELFWORTH JUST TO BE A BIGGER SHOWOFF (AT LEAST TRIXIE HAD THE EXCUSE THAT SHE IS A SHOWMARE) AND HOW FAIR IS IT TO TURN YOUR OPPONENT INTO A CREATURE THAT CAN'T DO MAGIC... AT LEAST TRIXIE DIDN'T SABOTAGED APPLEJACK, RAINBOW DASH AND RARITY BEFORE THEIR MOVES. ALSO TWILIGHT SHOULD BE PERNAMENTLY BANNED FROM ANY COMPETITION

THUMBS DOWN

Dragonshy:

Eh... I prefer the Original... Also no one steals a Dragons Gold

THUMBS DOWN

Look before you Sleep:

What about the Tree? No matter if Arguments or not... the Tree still got hit

Bridle Gossip:

Better than the Original

THUMBS UP

Swarm of the Century:

To bad Pinkie didn't explained why she needed the Instruments... but at least she still can use them

THUMBS UP

Winter Wrap Up:

Just an abridged Version... I liked it

THUMBS UP

Call of Cutie:

A Pony should find their Cutiemark her/himself... and not thanks to cheating... and how would AB met SB and Scoots?

THUMBS DOWN

Fall Weather Friends:

Good that the "No Wings"-Rule was established

THUMBS UP

Suited for Success:

Good that you gave the other a better sense in Fashion

THUMBS UP

Feeling Pinkie Keen:

This makes no Sense... you can't just change Pinkies Rules, but the Spell was nice

THUMBS UP/DOWN

Sonic Rainboom:

Eh... her Rainboom in the original Episode had an better impact on me since she saved Ponies Lives... but this is still good

THUMBS UP

Stare Master:

So either Twilight indirectly killed a Cockatrice or indirectly turned Dragons she don't know into Stone

THUMBS DOWN

The Show Stoppers:

Good that Twilight told them about their Talents (better than using Magic), but how did the CMC met? And to bad, that we couldn't see their Performance.

THUMBS UP

A Dog and Pony Show:

Rarity is awesome... nuff said

THUMBS UP

Green isn't your Color:

Problem solved without breaking a Pinkie Promise

THUMBS UP

Over a Barrel:

Hurray for AJ for saving... actually no one, but you'll get my Point

THUMBS UP

A BIRD IN THE HOOF:

I hate that Bird when it first appeared... mainly because Flutters took care of if for nothing... good Thing that she learns about it's Species

THUMBS UP

The Cutie Mark Chronicles:

Hey AJ... even if their already have their Marks you could have still told them your Story... but nice Continuity

THUMBS UP

Owl's well that ends well:

I hated that Owl but you didn't show any of the reasons for my hate

THUMBS UP

Party of One:

Good... Also Bonuspoints for Gummy

THUMBS UP

The Best Night ever:

Way better than the Original

THUMBS UP

5366182
Wow, now that's a comment!
Thanks!

5369947
No Problem :twilightsmile:

Any thoughts about a certain Opinion?

Also I'll probably gonna do it with the other Seasons as well :pinkiesmile:

5369986
Heh, just that yeah, you win some, you lose some.
I'm just happy that there were a lot of thumbs up. ^.^

5369990
To be honest when I made the Comment, I didn't count how many Thumbs up or down I gave ya :derpytongue2:

ROFL some of these would make better episodes than the real ones

5374442
Way to over-analyze! ^.^

5375762
Then my work is a success!

I enjoyed most of them, but the Crusader episodes left a bad taste in my mouth. A quest for self-discovery doesn't work when you're told the end result ahead of time. I know, I know, overanalysis, but those just didn't work for me.

In any case, on to Season 2.

5376952
Heh, thanks!

5377445
Yeah, some of them are not going to please everyone.

And that's how mlp season one should've ended. The end.

Login or register to comment