• Published 19th Sep 2014
  • 9,791 Views, 703 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Overpowered (Season 1) - ocalhoun



Join Twilight Sparkle and her friends as they easily defeat every challenge thrown at them with their awesome friendship powers.

  • ...
56
 703
 9,791

S01E20 Green Isn't Your Color

Twilight waited as Fluttershy's tiny scream faded away. "Feel better?"

"No." Her head hung low. "Can I tell you something?"

"Of course."

"You promise not to tell Rarity?"

Twilight smiled. "I swear."

"Pinkie Pie swear?"

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my"– Twilight poked her own eye –"ow!"

After a moment of silence, Fluttershy let it all out. "I don't like being a model. No, I hate being a model. All this attention is awful, just awful. And I'm only doing it because Rarity told me I must. I must! I must!" She sighed. "I must..."

"Oh, really?" Twilight leaned in close. "Well... If you wanna know the truth, Rarity—"

Pinkie's head popped out of the sponge bowl, shaking at Twilight menacingly.

Fluttershy tilted her head to the side. "Oh, what were you about to say?"

"Forever..." Pinkie growled as she sank back into the sponges.

Twilight bit her lip. "Ah, I was just going to say, you should really tell Rarity about this. I'm absolutely sure she'll understand."

Fluttershy looked down, then back up. "You promise?"

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Twilight went through the motions carefully this time.

Fluttershy took a deep breath. "Well, okay. If you're that sure about it, I'll try."

* * *

The front door of the boutique rang. Rarity almost didn't even bother to answer it... until she heard Fluttershy's voice.

"Rarity? Rarity, are you home?"

She put on her best smile – which, honestly, wasn't very impressive at the moment. "Oh... Fluttershy! It's so... nice to see you." She hoped her friend hadn't seen her slight wince.

"Oh Rarity. I can't hold it in anymore. I hate being a model!"

Rarity took a step back. "You do?"

"More than anything."

"But..." Rarity shook her head. "But then why did you keep doing it?"

Fluttershy let her head hang low. "I was afraid if I quit, you'd be mad at me for not wanting to... 'shine all over Equestria'."

"Oh Fluttershy." Rarity jumped forward and hugged her friend. "Mad, good heavens! To be completely honest, I had been feeling rather... jealous of you. It even got to where I hoped you would fail. How could I have ever stooped to that?"

Fluttershy returned the hug. "I understand completely. It's a good thing we can be honest with each other, or this could have really gotten out of hoof!"

"It could have indeed!" Rarity giggled, finally releasing her hug.