• Published 31st Aug 2014
  • 3,612 Views, 176 Comments

Ponyblade Chronicles - ZeroChill



Twilight Sparkle equips a mysterious ring, unknowingly destroying the laws of reality that Equestria was built upon. Now, in a foreign world, Twilight Sparkle must team up with Shulk to find her friends and get back home

  • ...
8
 176
 3,612

For the Past, For the Future

Light filled Twilight Sparkle’s eyes. Dimming slowly, she found herself within a white room upon a twin-sized bed with white sheets.

“Where… where am I?” She asked herself.

She stood up from the bed and looked into a mirror. Covering her mouth, she gasped at the sight; a fair-skinned woman with black hair that stretched down to her shoulders and purple eyes was projected by the mirror rather than her pony body. She was adorned in a lab coat, a purple shirt and white pants. She moved her arms slightly, confirming the body. She heard a knock on the door nearby. Turning her head left and right, she faced the door.

“Come in!”

The door slid to the right into the wall. Behind the door was another fair-skinned woman with silver hair that stretched down to her shoulders. Unlike Twilight Sparkle’s hair, this woman’s hair had some hair stretch down the back of her shoulders and some hair stretch in front of them. She was adorned in a lab coat and white pants, but the shirt behind her coat was gray.

“I’m sorry to interrupt your nap, Sophia, but there’s an issue that we need you for.” She said.

“Alright, errr…” Twilight Sparkle began to say, prompting a small chuckle from the woman in front of her.

“Your memory with names hasn’t always been the best, Sophia. My name is May.” May introduced. “Though you don’t exactly have the best ability with matching names with faces, you are still a very gifted scientist. This is why I need you right now.”

“Yes, May.” Nodding, Twilight Sparkle followed May out of the door.


Looking out of the door, Twilight Sparkle’s jaw dropped at the sight beyond the windows: a blue planet covered in clouds and land masses overlooked the entire area. Stars and the depths of space were easily seen from the area. May smiled.

“I know just how you feel, Sophia. I never get tired of seeing this sight from our Research Station in Earth’s orbit.”

“So… what is this issue that needs to be resolved?” Twilight Sparkle asked.

“It’s a simple one for you.” Walking through sliding double doors, May responded.

Within the room was a giant apparatus in the shape of a hexagon. It was white and had many flashing colors on it. Twilight Sparkle’s jaw dropped at the sight of the machine.

“This is the Allocating Logic Vertical Inversion System, but you already knew that, Sophia. In the testing phases, there was something unusual with the system. A glitch, if you would call it. It made interacting with the machine very dangerous as a result.” May explained.

Twilight Sparkle eyed the machine carefully. Her throat clenched itself, suppressing a gasp.

“So I have to eliminate the glitch?” She asked.

“That is correct, Sophia. Take your time, but I’m sure you’ll be able to remove the glitch.” Leaving the room, May confidently stated.

Twilight Sparkle eyed the machine in wonder. She moved her right index finger onto the machine, letting the cool sensation from the metal fill her mind.

“This machine is amazing! There’s probably enough technology in here to break various laws of physics. I wonder why something like this is in space.” She worded out loud.

She noticed an unlit square on the machine that looks like a button. Curious, she pressed it. Doing so, the machine began to whir into life and the lights cycled rapidly. She gasped and stumbled backwards. A bolt of black electricity built up at the top of the machine, filling Twilight Sparkle’s eyes with shock.

The electricity shot out towards her direction. She turned around and placed her hands on the back of her head in instinct. Anticipating the violent shock, she shut her eyes. However, the pain never came. Curiously, she looked behind her.

A fair-skinned man, slightly taller than her, with messy blond hair and blue eyes clenched his teeth. His left eye twitched in pain. On the back of his lab coat was a very notable scorch mark. From it emanated the scent of burning fabric and flesh. Twilight Sparkle screamed.

“Are you okay?! No, you are definitely not okay! We have to get you some medical attention, stat!”

Much to her distress, the man smiled slightly and chuckled.

“It’s… not as bad as it looks, Sophia. I would gladly take the blow for you.” He stated, grunting out in pain.

“But you are probably experiencing shock from the blow! How are your nerves feeling? Can you get up?!” Twilight Sparkle pressed on with horror.

“I might… need a little help, Sophia. But… it shouldn’t be-“Saying these words, he collapsed onto the ground with his hand grasping at his chest.

May ran through the door with her eyes and mouth opened in panic.

“Klaus!” She shouted. “Quick, Sophia! We have to get him to the Medical Bay, now!”

Twilight Sparkle nodded, carrying the unconscious Klaus by his legs while May carried him by his arms.


Twilight Sparkle’s eyes stopped flashing. She found herself back in the Refugee Camp with Rainbow Dash and Applejack with worried frowns on their faces.

“…Rainbow Dash? Applejack? Is that you?”

“Twilight!” Rainbow Dash screamed, running towards her side. “What happened there? It seems like you zoned out, and we couldn’t get you to talk.”

“You had us worried for a second there, Twi.” Sighing in relief, Applejack stated.

“I’m glad to be back, Applejack. Though… that felt really weird.” Twilight Sparkle said. “That vision… didn’t feel like a vision. It felt like I was in a different body, and I was in space and-“

“Twilight, we already worried about you being conscious. We don’t want to worry about you suffering brain damage.” Rainbow Dash stated.

Shulk, Reyn and Sharla walked into the area with panicked frowns on their faces.

“Did anybody see where Juju went?!” Sharla shouted.

“Oh no…” Her ears perking up, Twilight Sparkle stated.

“He can’t be going to Colony 6, could he?!” Reyn asked with fear dripping in his voice.

“Then it looks like we have no choice.” Shulk stated, turning towards Sharla. “Sharla, do you know where any canyon-like regions are here?”

“There’s a large one across the Raguel Bridge. You think Juju might be over there?” Sharla responded.

“I’m positive. I saw him over there in a vision, being attacked by a Mechon. We have to go now!” Shulk stated.

“Rainbow Dash and I are tagging along, too! We won’t let you find Juju by yourselves. You four need all the help you can get.” Sharla reasoned.

Shulk looked at both Sharla and Rainbow Dash, who had stares filled with eager intent. He sighed to himself.

“Fine.” He painfully uttered out.

Author's Note:

I apologize for how short this chapter is, but I've been a bit... preoccupied with certain games atm. But, I hope you all enjoy this chapter nonetheless.