• Published 28th Aug 2014
  • 1,409 Views, 28 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusaders: Treasure Hunters - Epicdiscord214



Another day; another Cutie Mark hunt. Except now, these little gremlins are also hunting treasure.

  • ...
1
 28
 1,409

The Financeer

Deep in the Everfree Forest, there's a mystical zebra named Zecora. She may have a strange home, but she's just as friendly as any pony else. Zecora, the good friend of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, examined the map the Crusaders gave to her.
“Well, little ones, I can see that a treasure map, this could be,” Zecora said. The zebra had a semi-annoying habit of speaking in rhyme. “Well, based on every detail I did check, this map leads to the treasure of Tirek.”
“But I thought Tirek only cared for stealing magic,” Sweetie Belle said. “Why would he have his own stash of treasure?”
“According to legend, as some told,” Zecora said, “Tirek also took diamonds, rubies, and gold. Treasures galore from every world, he pillaged them after they have twirled. And after he had the treasure within hand, he'd bury them somewhere on Scorpan Island. But after Tirek was originally vanquished, the treasure became a mystery and the map vanished.”
“Until now, it looks like,” Scootaloo said. “If this thing is real, the treasure is only a boat-ride away.”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Apple Bloom said. “My sister would kill me if she knew I sailed off the continent to a dangerous island.”
“Mine too,” Sweetie Belle agreed. “The best thing to do is leave the map in a box and forget about it. That way, if anything bad happened, no pony would blame us.”
“That's not what we should do,” Apple Bloom argued. “We're tight on money, so the best thing to do is sell this thing in an auction.”
“Why would you want to sell this for a few coins when we can have treasures from hundreds of worlds,” Scootaloo asked grabbing the map. “I say we find the treasure!”
“It's best if we don't do anything,” Sweetie Belle argued grabbing another end of the map.
“We sell it,” Apple Bloom argued grabbing another end of the map.
They all tugged their ends of the map.
“This is a mistake you're going to make,” Zecora shouted in protest. “Pull hard enough, and it's going to...”
Suddenly, the map ripped into three pieces. The Crusaders slipped to different corners of the room.
“Break,” Zecora sighed.
“Now, look what you've done,” Scootaloo shouted.
“Me,” Apple Bloom asked. “You were the one who...”
“OH, GIVE IT A REST, YOU THREE,” a male voice chuckled loudly. “I CAN'T TAKE THIS HUMOR!”
Everyone looked where the voice came from and saw a dark-white tiki mask talking.
“Some pony tell me I'm out of my gourd,” Zecora said.
Suddenly, the mask changed into a tall creature. It had a pony face, a fang, an antler, a blue horn, a lion paw, an eagle claw, a red snake tail, a reptile leg, a goat leg, and a wicked smile.
“Oh, I should have known it'd be Discord,” Zecora finished her rhyme.
“How did you do that rhyme,” Discord asked. “You didn't even know it was me.”
Discord is a unique creature called a draconequus. He has a very special kind of magic: the chaos that flows through him allows him to change the coarse of reality. In the past, he tried to change nature into his own image, but when he learned the value of friendship, he sought out to rectify for his crimes.
“What are you doing here, Discord,” Scootaloo asked.
“The three ponies who originally freed me are in a great, big argument, and you're wondering what the lord of conflict is doing here,” Discord asked. “Anyway, I couldn't help but overhear that you found the map to Tirek's Treasure. I want in.”
“Why would you want to help us,” Sweetie Belle asked. “You can create your own treasure out of nothing.”
“Oh, can't a friend help out three little girls,” Discord asked materializing a halo above his head. The Crusaders gave him a suspicious look. Discord then frowned and threw the halo away. “All right, all right. You caught me. The thing is, there's a certain treasure Tirek has in his stash. It's called the Red Channel, a magnificent ruby that is said that whoever has it would be the envy of all magical creatures. Even with my magic, I can't get it here.”
“How do you know that such a thing exists,” Sweetie Belle asked.
“Because I was searching for it as a hobby,” Discord said. “My research led me to believe that Tirek buried it with the rest of the treasure.”
“So you want our help to make you more popular,” Apple Bloom said.
“Just the ruby, kid,” Discord said. “The rest of the treasure can be yours. Come on, I know the three of you are struggling with money trouble. You have broken ovens and fundraisers.”
“How did you know about all that,” Scootaloo asked.
“Oh, no,” Discord feigned worry. “Isn't eavesdropping a perk between friends?”
“Discord, we appreciate the help,” Sweetie Belle said, “But you said it yourself: we're struggling with money. We can't afford to head to an island.”
“DING-DING-DING,” Discord said materializing a light-bulb above his head. “I'VE GOT IT! I'll finance the voyage! I'll hire a crew and a captain and we can find Tirek's Treasure!”
“Well, I suppose there's no harm in looking,” Sweetie Belle said.
“Yeah,” Apple Bloom agreed. “And seriously, if I had a choice between auction money and treasure...”
“Perfect,” Discord said. “And it's best if you keep those map pieces to yourself. We don't want any Diamond Dogs on our tails.”
“Diamond Dogs,” Sweetie Belle asked. “You mean those gem-hunting mutts that kidnapped my sister? What do they have to do with all this?”
“Tirek didn't have shovels back then,” Discord said. “According to legend, the horned bully forced a bunch of ancient Diamond Dogs to bury his treasure. If their current leader, Rover, figured out you had the means to find Tirek's Treasure, he'll stop at nothing to take back what his ancestors buried.”
“You've got to find the treasure in such a rush,” Zecora said, “But you've got to keep it hush-hush.”
“All right,” Apple Bloom said. “But don't tell our sisters this... at least, not until we're already gone.”
During the whole conversation, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon heard everything.
“Did you hear that,” Diamond Tiara said. “The treasure's even bigger than we thought. We've got to beat them to it.”
“Diamond, don't you think we're outmatched here,” Silver Spoon asked. “Think, the map's in three pieces, they've got Discord protecting them, and there are Diamond Dogs that might find us. It's smart if we turn around and ignore it.”
“We can't, Spoon,” Diamond Tiara said. “I am not going to let a bunch of blank-flanks and a blended zoo take the treasure for themselves. Here's the plan: we follow them onto the ship and stow away. And once they find the treasure, we'll take it.”
Meanwhile, Fido approached Rover in his throne. There was a moment of silence.
“Well,” Rover asked. “Speak up.”
“We've got good news... and bad news,” Fido said nervously. “The map's in the hooves of three little fillies and they're going to search for the treasure.”
“What's the bad news,” Rover asked.
“They've got Discord with them,” Fido explained. “The master of chaos is accompanying them.”
“It won't matter,” Rover said. “Fido, you and Spot are with me when we sneak onto the voyage and take the treasure. Nothing, not even Discord, will stop us from taking back our family legacy.”