• Published 28th Aug 2014
  • 1,408 Views, 28 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusaders: Treasure Hunters - Epicdiscord214



Another day; another Cutie Mark hunt. Except now, these little gremlins are also hunting treasure.

  • ...
1
 28
 1,408

Before the Beginning

Once upon a time, a long time ago, there was a powerful duo of brothers: Tirek and Scorpan. It was their nature to search through new lands and drain them all of their magic without a chance for mercy. One day, Scorpan went to the kingdom of Equestria and discovered the friendship the ponies shared. After learning of friendship himself, Scorpan confronted his brother.

“Well, Scorpan, what did you find in this Equestria,” Tirek asked.

“Tirek, you have to listen to me,” Scorpan said.

“Is it teeming with magic,” Tirek interrupted.

“Yes, it is,” Scorpan answered. “But...”

“And are there plenty of creatures with the magic,” Tirek interrupted again.

“TIREK, LISTEN TO ME,” Scorpan shouted.

There was a moment of silence.

“Is something the matter, brother,” Tirek asked.

“We have to stop,” Scorpan said. “Upon my scouting in Equestria, I've learned that what we're doing is wrong. This has to end before anyone else gets hurt.”

Tirek looked at his brother with a raised eyebrow. A second later, he laughed loudly. It was so loud, the cave shook a little.

“Oh, Scorpan, that's why I love you,” Tirek chuckled. “You always like to make your jokes.”

“It's no joke, Tirek,” Scorpan said. “Everything we're doing is wrong. And if we escalate, so will our problems.”

“Who told you that,” Tirek said. “Was it any of those ponies?”

“It doesn't matter who told me,” Scorpan said. “The point is, we need to stop. We've had enough.”

“Scorpan, these ponies are clouding your mind with nonsense and heresy,” Tirek said. “You and I, we msut consume the magic. It's in our nature. I did not take the power and wealth of the other lands just to stop because of the victims' opinion!”

“Tirek, I...” Scorpan said before noticing what Tirek just said. “What do you mean, 'wealth'?”

Realizing he said something wrong, Tirek sighed and confessed. “I've gotten greedy. With all the magic we've taken and devastation we caused, I realized that the lands we've drained had lots of treasure; gold and jewels and diamonds. I thought that since no one was around to enjoy them, I'd take them for myself.”

“So you've stolen the magic as well as the treasure of the lands we invaded,” Scorpan asked. “How come I haven't seen you with any of the treasure?”

“I've hired some Diamond Dogs to bury the treasure on our island,” Tirek said. He reached underneath a rock and pulled out a rolled-up piece of paper. “I made a map so that I could remember the burial site.” He placed it back inside.

“Tirek, this is insane,” Scorpan said placing his hand on his forehead. “I cannot live while we live on stolen magic and treasure! I'm begging you, brother. I love you. That's why I'm giving you this one chance to let it go and we can leave the Equines in peace.”

Tirek gave a cold, hard stare at his brother and growled. “No,” he said. He turned around and layed down. “As soon as I awaken, Equestria will be sponged.”

Guilty and desperate, Scorpan snuck out of the cave and entered the city of Canterlot. There, he came in the presence of the royal alicorn sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

“Fair princesses, I have come with a warning,” Scorpan said.

“Who might we adress,” Princess Luna asked.

“I am Scorpan,” the visitor introdiced himself. “I come from a far-off land with my brother, Tirek. I hereby confess my sins in your presence. For many years, my brother and I traveled to new lands with only one goal: to consume every bit of magic in them and leave the inhabitants bitter desolate.”

The sound of it made the princesses gasp.

“This is horrible,” Princess Luna said. “I dost have one question: why is it though art telling us your reason for arrival?”

“Because I regret everything I have done,” Scorpan said. “I scouted Equestria to see the magic, but I befriended a unicorn who says he's a friend of yours: Star Swirl the Bearded.”

“I see,” Princess Celestia said. “And your encounter with him has made you seen the error of your ways.”

“Indeed,” Scorpan said. “The only problem was, my brother would not listen. Tirek's planning to attack tomorrow morning. He needs to be stopped.”

“You did the right thing to warn us, Scorpan,” Princess Celestia said. “We'll stop Tirek before he has the chance.”

“One more thing,” Scorpan said. He reached behind him and pulled out an envelope. “Before you sentence my brother, would you please give this to him?”

“Do you mind if we look inside,” Princess Luna asked.

“No, I have no problem with it,” Scorpan said. “Just make sure Tirek gets it. I must be leaving you and your kingdom in peace.”

As soon as Scorpan left, the royal sisters looked in the envelope and saw the contents. They looked at each other and placed the contents back in the envelope.

The next day, the alicorns confronted Tirek and casted a spell on him. He was then banished in the monstrous prison known as Tartarus. Tirek was skinny and weak and bound in chains. He looked and saw a large three-headed dog guarding the exit.

“Those fools,” Tirek growled to himself. “One day, I'll get out of here and they'll pay for what they've done. One thing I don't understand: how did they find me so easily?”

Suddenly, Tirek looked down and saw an envelope. With his very little strength, he opened it. Inside, he found his brother's necklace and a note. He read it and grew angrier with every word.

My brother, Tirek,

I've got a confession. If you're wondering who told our hiding place to the princesses, it is I. I had to tell them. You were too obsessed with power to see the truth. The Equestrians are filled with magic, that much is true, but it's also filled with friendship and love. In this land, they have a saying 'friendship is magic'. If that's true, then when we take their magic, we take their friendship. I give you my necklace as a sign that I still love you. And as for your treasure, I have taken your map and sold it. If anyone finds your treasure, it will not be you. I'm sorry, brother. This hurts me more than it hurts you. I love you.

-Scorpan

In anger, Tirek's roar echoed through the chasm and caught the attention of other monsters.

“You're not sorry, 'brother',” Tirek growled. “Not yet, anyway.”

Hundreds of years later, Tirek escaped his imprisonment and took his revenge on the princesses who banished him. He even tricked a draconequus into assisting him until he became useless. And then, when he was on the brink of victory, the latest princess, Twilight Sparkle, rose up and banished Tirek back into Tartarus. The magic was restored, Twilight got her own castle as a reward, and the defeat of Tirek was known throughout all of Equestria. Of course, no pony knew about Tirek's Treasure until three little ponies found the map and as a result, almost destroy Equestria.

Open sea

Open air

You can't see

A thing there

Open sea

Open sky

It can't mean

You can't try

There's adventure around every corner

With crashing waves and setting sails

Whenever you hear of a legend

Know that dead men tell no tales

Don't ignore the map that leads to destiny

If it can get your name known

But there's no guarantee for fame

You see, the future's not set in stone

Open sea

Open air

You can't see

A thing there

Open sea

Open sky

It can't mean

You can't try

This is a story of three fillies

Who search for their true purpose

They look for adventure and excitement

There's no other tale quite like this

FRIENDSHIPS, TWISTS, AND BETRAYAL

TRAITORS AND PIRATES HERE

YOU MAY BE ABLE TO FIND WONDER

BUT YOU'LL ALSO FIND SOME FEEEEEEEAAAAAAAR

OPEN SEA

OPEN AIR

YOU CAN'T SEE

A THING THERE

Open sea

Open sky

It can't mean

You can't... tryyyyyyyy