• Published 27th Aug 2014
  • 1,043 Views, 11 Comments

Just a Normal Day - Xhoral1865



Chrysalis impersonates Twilight to eat in style and it backfires. Fluffle Puff goes shopping and Twilight helps.

  • ...
4
 11
 1,043

Just a Normal Day

Chrysalis sat in her room in the new Rainbow Kingdom Castle. She had to move to one of it’s rooms since Tirek had destroyed the Golden Oaks Library. It had been awhile since she had seen Fluffle Puff; she had gone to get something and wouldn’t tell Chrysalis what it was. That had been about an hour ago and Chrysalis was starting to worry, not that she cared much. Fluffle Puff was just something to help pass the time. It was so boring being confined to the castle.

“Where is that little ball of pink fur? She was supposed to be back by now.” Chrysalis said to herself as she paced in her room. “She said that she would be back in a few minutes. Her emotions are so straightforward it’s like she’s talking.”

Chrysalis stopped her pacing and decided to go get something to eat. She wasn’t allowed to go out of her room in her true form so as not to cause a panic so she had to change her appearance to that of a pony. Let’s have a little fun. Chrysalis thought. She quickly changed her appearance and left her room to go to the dining hall.

As Chrysalis was walking to the dining hall she received several greetings for the pony whose form she had taken. Many of the servants at the castle gave great respect for this pony and a few of them even bowed to her. When she reached the dining hall she ordered her food and it was in front of her within seconds. While eating a server came up to Chrysalis.

“Is the food to you liking, Princess Twilight?” The server pony said with a nervous smile.

“Yes, it is quite good.” Chrysalis replied. The love for their Princess is very nice too. Ever since Princess Celestia sent these servants here to help keep the castle in order I’ve been getting away with a lot of things. It’s also fun to trick them sometimes.

Chrysalis finished her food and stood up. “This was a very good meal. My compliments to the chef.” The rush of gratitude that came from the server pony was the perfect dessert for Chrysalis.

“The chef will be honored to hear that, Princess.” The server pony said, a smile on his muzzle. He turned around and walked out the door that lead to the kitchen. After he left Chrysalis began to walk out of the dining hall when a servant ran up to her.

“Princess Twilight, you are needed in the throne room to settle a dispute.” The servant said.

This isn’t good. What if the real Twilight shows up as well? Chrysalis thought before turning to the servant to reply, “What is the dispute?”

“There are two shopkeepers, brothers actually, here who need to settle over who is in charge of their parents shop. Their parents have left on a vacation to the Crystal Empire and have left the shop to them in the meantime.” The servant said.

This isn’t good at all. “I’ll be there in shortly.” Chrysalis said. I need to find Twilight. I can’t be the one to settle this dispute since they might come back and that would be bad, very bad.

As Chrysalis walked out the door she quickly made sure nopony was looking in her direction and changed into a servant so that if she saw Twilight she could let her know that she was needed in the throne room without any mishaps. Since she looked like a servant she could walk freely throughout the castle without anypony being suspicious of her. Once changed she quickly began her search for Twilight, trying to focus on her emotional energy. She could sense Applejack and Rainbow Dash in the throne room, their emotions, though not quite hate, were anger and some jealousy for each other. She could also sense the guards at the throne room doors, their most prominent emotion being boredom, and she sensed the servants doing their various jobs with most of their emotions being pride in their work. From the dining hall she sensed a lot of laughter. This confused Chrysalis but she didn’t dwell on it for long because she had a more pressing matter; needing to find Twilight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Chrysalis wandered the castle in search of Twilight a certain pink ball of fur was out looking for a present for Chrysalis. Nothing special, just something to say ‘Hi, you’re my bestest friend ever!’. While she walked through the Ponyville marketplace she heard somepony shout out to her.

“Hi there, Fluffle Puff. How is your day going?”

Fluffle Puff turned around and spotted Twilight waving at her. Fluffle Puff waved back and greeted Twilight with her usual ‘Pffft’.

Twilight quickly caught up to Fluffle Puff and asked, “So, what are you doing?”

Fluffle Puff reached into her fur and pulled out a crayon and a piece of paper then quickly drew a picture of herself giving Chrysalis a box with a bow on top. Once she finished it she showed it to Twilight.

“Oh, you’re getting a present for Chrysalis. Have you thought about what you’re going to get her?” Twilight asked.

Fluffle Puff stuck her tongue out and shook her head.

Twilight smiled, “Well in that case, let’s go find something for her.”

“Pfffft!” Fluffle Puff exclaimed.

They then continued their way through the Ponyville marketplace in search of a present for Chrysalis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chrysalis had searched the castle from top to bottom and still could not find Twilight. Even though she couldn’t sense Twilight’s emotions Chrysalis kept looking for the Princess. She had about given up when a thought occurred to her. It was a simple thought that she should have thought of before she went around running through the halls like a maniac. She should have thought of it as soon as she couldn’t sense Twilight.

I should just ask where she is! Chrysalis thought to herself, Why didn’t I think of that earlier?

Chrysalis quickly found a group of three servants who were on their break and walked up to them. “Hello.” She said.

She received several greetings from them and then asked, “Do any of you know where Princess Twilight is? I need to let her know of a dispute that needs to be settled in the throne room.”

“I think she went to Canterlot to see Princess Celestia about extending the borders of her new kingdom.” One of the servants said as another servant started to answer.

“I heard that she went to visit her brother in the Crystal Empire.” Said the second servant.

“Really? I thought she went to Saddle Arabia to start trade agreements.” Said the third servant.

“Well, which is it?” Chrysalis asked.

“She went to Canterlot.” The first servant said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“No, she went to see her brother!” The second servant shouted.

“Both of you are wrong. She went to Saddle Arabia.” The third servant said.

“Why don’t we go ask the cook where she went? He would have had to pack her food for the trip. He’ll know where she went.” The second servant said.

“No!” Chrysalis shouted, “Erm...I mean, no, that’s fine. I’m sure I can find out where she went.” That was close.

“Well, uh, okay then...” The first servant said.

The servants continued on their previous conversation as Chrysalis turned around and left them. She needed to find Twilight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since there was nothing at the marketplace that Fluffle Puff wanted to get they had decided to go to the Carousel Boutique to see if there was something there that would be a suitable gift.

“How about this one, Fluffle Puff?” Twilight asked as she held up a dark green scarf with slightly darker blue highlights streaking through the dark green.

Fluffle Puff walked up to the scarf and licked it several times. She then stuck out her tongue at Twilight and shook her head.

“What about that one over there? It would look good on Chrysalis.” Twilight pointed to another scarf. This one was a lighter blue with green vines that grew azure flowers stitched throughout the scarf. It was a rather nice scarf. Fluffle Puff tasted it and then shook her head once again.

“Well there must be something here you think Chrysalis would like. Do you want to ask Rarity what she thinks?” Twilight asked. Fluffle Puff nodded her head and shoved both scarfs into her fur then walked over to Rarity, who was with another customer.

“That hat won’t go with dress, Darling. Put this one on then come back so we can see how it looks.” Rarity handed the customer another dress and ushered her to the changing room.

“Hello, Fluffle Puff. Have you found something you like?” Rarity asked.

Fluffle Puff shook her head and pulled the two scarfs out of her fur and showed them to Rarity.

Rarity looked them over, lingering on the scarf with the flowers. She pondered for a moment then decided.

“In my opinion the one with the flowers would look wonderful on Chrysalis. It would complement her coloring very well. If you got these-” Rarity pointed to a pair of azure flower earrings that were on a shelf next to her “-they would go nicely with the scarf.”

Fluffle Puff started to frantically nod her head.

“So you’ll take both then?” Rarity asked.

Fluffle Puff reached into her fur and produced enough bits to pay for both the scarf and the earrings. She then threw the bits at Rarity and left the boutique.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chrysalis had just about given up searching for Twilight. She had been told that Twilight was at Cloudsdale, Canterlot, the Everfree Forest, the Castle of the Two Sisters, and just about everywhere in and outside of Equestria. If Twilight didn’t show up soon then Chrysalis was just going to settle the dispute between the Shopkeeper Brothers, as Chrysalis had named them. She would give Twilight another half hour before doing that though. For now Chrysalis would worry about Fluffle Puff, who had been gone all day.

Where could she have gone? She’s been gone all day. It isn’t like her. Chrysalis thought. Then again, she always seems to take care of herself.

Chrysalis began to search for Fluffle Puff’s emotions but still couldn’t sense them so she decided she would go and get something to eat. As she walked to the servants dining hall when she overheard a pair of the servants talking.

“I heard that the Princess Twilight took a pink ball of fur shopping today. She bought it a scarf and a pair of earrings. She hasn’t gotten back to the castle yet but there’s already rumors that she is in love with it. Kinda weird don'tcha think, Ivory?” The servant said.

“You need to stop listening to rumors, Dusty. Most of them aren’t even true.” Ivory said.

Chrysalis quickly dismissed what they said and continued her way to the dining hall.

After she ate she decided to see if Twilight was back yet. She checked if she could sense Twilight’s emotions and she still couldn’t sense them. Chrysalis sighed to herself. It looked like she would have to deal with the Shopkeeper Brothers. She made her way to the door and once outside of the dining hall scanned the hallway for anypony that could see her. Once satisfied that nopony was there she changed her form from a servant to Princess Twilight and made her way to the throne room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight and Fluffle Puff made their way to the castle with haste. Twilight had heard that there was a dispute that needed to be dealt with and Fluffle Puff wanted to give Chrysalis her presents. Once they reached the castle Twilight was greeted by a pair of servants.

“Hello, Dusty. Hello, Ivory. How was your day?” Twilight asked.

“Good evening, Princess Twilight,” Dusty said with a smile, “It’s been a wonderful day, hasn’t it Ivory?”

“Yes, a wonderful day.” Ivory said, a forced smile on her face.

“Well, I need to get to the throne room. Have a nice night you two.” Twilight left the two servants and headed towards the throne room in a hurry.

“I told you she bought the pink one some stuff. Now a bets a bet, hand it over.” Dusty put out his hoof.

“Yeah, yeah. No need to be snide about it.” Ivory handed Dusty the fifteen bits she had bet.

Twilight was almost running towards the throne room. The two shopkeepers had been waiting there all day for her and she had been out shopping instead of doing her duty as Princess. She was late and she needed to get this settle as quickly as possible. She was in front of the door to the throne room when it opened and two stallions exited.

“I’m so sorry I’m late. Please forgive me. Let’s get inside the throne room and settle this for you.” Twilight hurriedly said.

“Whoa, how’d you get out here so fast? And what do you mean, being late? You just settled it. My brother will manage the money and I’ll sell to the customers,” The shopkeeper said, “Thank you very much for that. Good night to you, Princess.”

“Well...uh...okay.” Twilight said.

She walked into the throne room and saw another Twilight sitting on her throne.

“Chrysalis, what do you think you’re doing?!” Twilight yelled.

“I can explain!” Chrysalis replied.

“You had better have a good reason why you’re on my throne and impersonating me.” Twilight walked towards Chrysalis, her horn glowing.

“Well, since you were gone I decided to go eat in the dining hall and since I’m not allowed to go out of my room in my true form I decided to go as you. After I finished eating a servant came up to me thinking that I was you and said that there was a dispute that needed your attention. Then I tried to find you and tell you about it but I couldn’t find you after hours of looking all over the castle so I did it as fast as I could hoping that I could finish it before you returned and found out about it. It looks like I almost did it and have you seen Fluffle Puff anywhere?”

“That’s not a good reason, but since you did a good job with the dispute I’ll let you off easy. You can’t leave your room for two months for whatever reason and you are to stay in a pony form of my choosing. I’ll even cast a spell so that you can’t change out of that form. If you step out of that room you will be shocked,” Twilight said, “And Fluffle Puff was with me.”

“Pfffft!” Fluffle Puff walked in behind Twilight and threw the earrings and scarf at Chrysalis. They some how landed perfectly on Chrysalis.

Chrysalis quickly ran up to Fluffle Puff and hugged her. “Where were you?! Er… How are you?”

“Pfft.”

“Good,” Chrysalis said, “And thank you for the presents.”

“Now that you’re done, it’s time for bed. I’ll pick out a form for you tomorrow. Now go to your room.” Twilight ordered.

Author's Note:

*Standard groveling for comments*
The last part was a bit rushed for the contest date, but otherwise I think I may have done a good job.

Comments ( 11 )

Not bad, overall pretty well written.

~Crystalline Electrostatic~

The end felt rushed but other than that it was well written. :pinkiehappy: LOVED IT!

4912388
Yeah, I had to rush it because I the due date was today and I had to finish it. Sorry about that.

Twi just bosses Cryssi around like she's a little toddler, and I freakin' love it.

Not bad, not bad at all.

What? You're leaving Chrysalis' mandatory punishment body to my imagination? But my imagination sucks at these things... Ugh... Chryssi must be Button Mash for two months. :pinkiecrazy:

Have you ever considered submitting this story to Equestria Daily? You can find out how to do so here.

4927840
I haven't and I really don't want to since it's most likely that it won't be accepted. I've heard from a lot of different people that the mods there are assholes and if that's really the case then my story won't be accepted due to me putting a comma in the wrong place.

Some cute moments :twilightsmile:

It was okay. The only thing that got to me was that the relationship between Twilight and Chrysalis was like a mother and child. Kinda weird. I mean, isn't one of them a queen and all? I'm all right for Chrysie being a roommate, but that didn't feel quite right.

Login or register to comment