• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 3,650 Views, 23 Comments

Flashes of Insight - jaimeastorga2000



A collection of responses to Thirty Minute Ponies prompts.

  • ...
1
 23
 3,650

Inquiries (#485)

Author's Note:

The Prompt: Where are the Pegasus and Earth Pony Alicorns?

"Hey, Applejack, I've been thinking..."

"I'm always glad to hear yer tryin' out new things, sugarcube" Applejack replied before Dash could finish.

"Ha ha," snorted Dash, "no, but seriously, I've been thinking... where are all the earth pony and pegasus alicorns?"

"Beg yer pardon?"

"I mean, look, everypony knows it's us that do all the real work around here. But it seems to me like the royal family could use a little more diversity. Hay, they even made Twilight into a princess. Twilight! When they could have had ME! The most awesome pegasus in the face of Equestria!"

Applejack wasn't paying too much attention to that last bit. Her brain had been kicked into gear by the first point. "Ya know, now that ya mention it, it does seem a mite unfair..."

Rainbow Dash was already heading out the door. "Well, come on! Let's see what the rest of the girls think about this!"


"Uhm, I don't know where all the earth pony and pegasus alicorns are... I am sorry, was I supposed to know? It's my fault, please forgive me..."


"Silly filly, there are no earth pony or pegasus alicorns around because if they were, then they wouldn't be alicorns anymore!"


"No, darling, I do know why there is a lack of earth pony or pegasus alicorns around. Is there not someone a little more obvious to whom you should ask this question?"


"Oh my God, you're right! I can't believe I never noticed that before! Oh no, what if it turns out that Princess Celestia has been a closet tribalist all along? No, wait, she would never do that. Ah! She must have meant it as a test! She deliberately refrained from creating earth pony and pegasus alicorns to see if I would even notice? Maybe every minute I don't notice deducts another point, and she expected me to get it within the first hour but now I'm into the negative thousands right now?! Spike, quick, take a letter!"


"To my most faithful student Twilight Sparkle:

I am very disappointed in you. How could you even come to the conclusion that none of the current alicorns were anything but unicorns? I'll have you know that not only was Cadence born as a pegasus, but that both Luna and myself hail from earth pony roots. It seems to me that perhaps you are not ready for princesshood yet. If you think of unicorns as the default pony type, with other ponies being alterations upon their platonic perfection, then you have some rather obvious tribalist issues you need to resolve. I will be arriving at your house tomorrow at noon in order to take back your wings and regalia, until such a time when you have matured a bit more and are more ready to shoulder this kind of responsibility.

Your truly,
Princess Celestia

PS: On a completely unrelated note, could you please ask Rainbow Dash if she has ever been interested in government work? I have a position which has just opened up."