• Published 23rd Aug 2014
  • 768 Views, 5 Comments

I'm glad - - Magic Dreams



A certain yellow pegasus, is in struggle to explain her emotions, until a friend stands in front of her and the mountain vanishes.

  • ...
1
 5
 768

I can understand you.

Author's Note:

A quick note: This story takes place before Twilight Sparkle ever comes to Ponyville. That's why Fluttershy is more distant and Twilight isn't mentioned at all.

Strands. Strands of pastel , pink hair made a home made curtain, covering her eyes. Hair there, and there- oh. Also there. Messed up by twirling in her soft zuccini green sheets. The funny thing is that Fluttershy , didn't mind that much.

The story starts with a lonely, introverted pony named Fluttershy . I can tell you know her. Her clothing choices were long preppy sweaters - even in the middle of summer!- and pants that their edges finished one her bruised knees. She looked at her knees while wearing the teal jeans and thoughts of her summer camp were welcomed in her little head.


Every single time, trying to breakthrough the puffy hoops, and then falling on her scratched knees with no idea how to get up. Every single time- she would become a laughing stock. But she wouldn't care since she knew what to be- a vet. And a vet didn't require speed and flexible body; It's needs were animals, and a good heart.

" That's why I wear kindness ... ! "


Flutters had just finished her breakfast, cinnamon rolls in a mug! She simply loved them! And a mug makes it easier.

Her everyday chores were usually filling two pieces of paper, include the back side of the paper. She had to feed them, clean them, take care of them, feed them again, make sure they are fine and all those things. The thing that she must do, is feed Angel properly or else the bunny would slap her.

Yes, bunnies do slap. Hard.

But today was different, the list was smaller than ever and every creature was calm enough. It was Fluttershy's change to go out after that long time. " I wonder what's going on with everyone..." More thoughts for the shy female. ' The great door escape' was about to began !

-

After a short while, Fluttershy was just walking with a plastic bag filled with any kind of vegan food. " Oh boy! I was tired of candy, a meal- finally...! " Her whispers could be heard by only her. She had a hard time trying to speak up to the people who work in the supermarket, but it paid off!

You know, what she loved to do was sitting on a bench alone and trying to thing of ways her life would end up in a different way; In an other life, she would be a nurse and help ponies in help. Other times she could be a cook, traveling to find all the kinds of tastes and smells. But- Why did she chose one of the jobs that keep her away from people most of the time. She knew that she liked some company. Just not that much.

Fluttershy was a part of a group with four mares that had very different lives from one another; Rainbow dash was a top flyer, Rarity was a popular fashion designer, Pinkie pie was the best party pony and Applejack was a proud framer. Then again- She was a vet, happy of taking care of animals, understanding them. Still, she could feel an empty spacey part.


"Hey. Why was I flying on top of the apple orchard now?" Even she couldn't remember. The Pegasus decided to land on one of the tree's branches. She could just lay there for hours. Princess Celestia was just lowering the sun, letting it reveal it's golden blades for the last time of the day, each second turning the blades into a mix of orange and pink.

Her ears captured a familiar voice , not too far away from her spot. By looking down, she saw her friend Applejack touching a tree with her index finger.

" I wonder why ya brought such a little amount o' apples this year!" Wait- Did AppleJack talk to the apple tree? That seemed a lot of similar to how she, Fluttershy communicated with the little creatures. Neither of them could answer back, but they did feel and would understand... if they wanted to.

AJ tilted her hat , hurt by the sunset's hits . That was the bad thing for working on afternoons, you had to face the sun's rage right on your face. Company wouldn't hurt Applejack now, since Big Macintosh and Granny had gone to Appaloosa for a small, not that important family meeting...

The apple mare sat down on the grass, sighing in relaxation . Her eyes shut down swiftly, covering her green colours.

Hmm... That nap should have lasted about five or six minutes and the Pegasus was watching her in some kind of...interest? Yeah. Interest it is. Apple's nap had to finish when her orange ears wiggles at the sound of some a tree's leaves brushing. She shut out her sleepiness and got up to check out the tree.

The other mare immediately hid deep into the trees sharp branches and...apples. Sure thing she didn't want to look like she was a stalker or anything!

" I hope it ain't anything that's eating the apples!" And with that, she shook the apple tree rapidly. While on the apple tree, Fluttershy was trying to hold on one of the branches, but AJ's strength made her effort go to trash. The shy pony let out a scream and fell down, smacking her muzzle right on the sore ground.


Shy was mentally screaming of the pain on her small muzzle , but in real life, she was only whimpering in a sing song way. Don't ask me how's that possible. Applejack went to help her friend to get up on legs.

" I am fine, Applejack..." The pastel mare said at once. The last thing she wanted to do was cause any trouble for the farmer. "No, you aren't...! , " See? Yer' muzzle is all bloody!" AJ shook her head in denial and touched Fluttershy's muzzle, which made Fluttershy start getting uncomfortable. Ponies rarely touched her face like that.

Fluttershy tried to deny one more time but Applejack just brought her into the farm house. It was the first time for the pink mane equine to see the house from the inside. That's when she realized how distant Applejack and she was. She knew everypony else in the gang- Rainbow Dash was her best friend from flight school, Rarity always wanted to test clothes on Fluttershy's figure, and Pinkie was just friends with everypony. But Applejack? It just never happened- not any specific meeting or anything. It was like a random animal came out of the blue and Fluttershy didn't know what creature it was- So she had a hard time to understand it and neither the creature happened not to know her well.

The living room was decorated with apple ornaments and classy painting with messed up earth colours. Her eyes happened to spot Applebloom laying on the carpet, reading a book as well. She didn't have a chance to see the title because Applejack was pulling her upstairs. Not forcefull pulling, as she would expect from a pony who hits trees everyday...

-

Fluttershy found herself in Applejack's room, waiting for some bandages, while she was covering her crimson stained muzzle. AppleJack jolted back in with bandages for Shy.

Her muzzle was all protected now and the scratches on her face were taken care off as well. " Thank you Applejack, I can leave now..." The Pegasus was stopped in the middle of walking by AJ's hands. " Sorry for throwing ya outta' the tree! The least I can do now is inviting you to lunch sugar-cube!" Sugar cube? It sounded nice as a nickname, actually.

Sugar cube...

Sugar cube...

"Sugar cube?"

"Ah! Yes! That's very kind of you! I'd love to! "A speech left out from the pegasi's mouth. And then Applejack grabbed her excitedly by hand.


They were sitting next to each other at the dining table, covered with a soft brown table sheet , the two plates empty. Fluttershy had a long time to eat as good as this! The apple sauce salad, the delicious hay fries and the juicy apple pie! A complete meal that was just great!

" Did you like it ...? " The hat pony questioned.

For a very short while, Fluttershy didn't catch her friend's question and was thinking, wearing a gloomy expression on her face. The other girl tried to study what was going on in the pink haired head, unfortunately- she wasn't a mind reader. Fluttershy looked through her pink curtains and noticed that AJ was studying her for a questioning time.

" I'm so so sorry .... I was just thinking-" Again, she drew a sheepish smile and lowered her head in embarrassment.

" What you were thinking? You seem a bit o ' gloomy... "

" Oh It's nothing...!" She just didn't want to bother Applejack anymore.

" Awe, come on sugar cube! You can tell me what's in your head!" Aj spoke out and poked Fluttershy's head, wiggling the balance of her body.

It took AppleJack quite some time to make Fluttershy speak out fro her feelings, peaking out what's bothering her. Fluttershy would feel sad for not having the chance all this time for making herself look as a kinder person, she would miss company, she was alone. And all these bothering's would get stuffed up inside her heart as a huge galaxy mountain, no end to it, every second was another metre of the mountain. Well she had all blurted out now, not holding the gigantic mountain on her weak wings anymore!


It was already 10:43 p.m and two mares had putted their talk to a fine end, smiles twirling upon their mouths.

" You know, I felt like that when I was a filly..." AJ blurted out.

"Really?"

" Yup. I didn't know if I was happy with my life choices- I didn't even know what my cutie mark meant! " She exclaimed and pushed her hair of her neck, revealing her apple themed cutie mark. Three red, bright apples. Fluttershy could feel secure, since she felt that the freckled pony could understand how she felt. She smiled once again, happier. Not lonely.

Applejack pulled her cow-mare hat and placed it calmly on the pink haired one. Shy Teal eyes went wide, in a good way and looked straight at her friend. The blondie's arms made a welcoming gesture and Flutter's dived into a strong and warm hug, indeed , Applejack's arms were really strong!

She left the orchard, giving a goodbye to the friend that she opened herself to. A honest and understanding friend.