• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 1,464 Views, 25 Comments

Ocean Bound Colossus - Seth Typofather



After searching the cosmos for an energon signature the mighty Tidal Wave lands on the planet Equs, source of the signature. Will the ponies be able to stop him? Or be crushed?

  • ...
4
 25
 1,464

Chapter 2: Comedy at Another's Expense

Author's Note:

This seems to be picking up well.

“Are you sure you should trust me with such a mission?” The air commander for the Decepticon Air Fleet mocked. “I thought you considered me not worthy enough to carry out such missions.”

Megatron snorted, as much as he hated to give Starscream this job he was so far the fastest out of his little group of Decepticon survivors. Slamming a great fist down onto the control panel his expression was that of impatient rage. “Are you questioning my orders, soldier?!”

“Oh no no noooo.” Starscream mocked once more with his trademark cocky smirk on the transmission screen. “You’ll get your energon oh ‘great’ and ‘powerful’ Megatron.” An exaggerated bow for effect and that was all it took to cause the emperor of the dark side of the Cybertronian war to transform into his alt. mode, a tank, and take aim at the screen.

“If you dare fail me I’ll be sure to tear your servos from your sparkless corpse and ram them into your optics!” He screamed, firing at the screen and destroying it with a great purple explosion.

Meanwhile in the depths of space all Starscream could do was laugh maniacally at giving his leader something to yell about, it was what helped him get by while hiding on the moon aside from causing Cyclonus and Demolisher to fight over something trivial back at the base on mentioned moon. Back to the matter at hand, he was to be helping Tidal Wave. Knowing that giant pile of alloy, he hated Starscream’s circuits with a passion, the upside however is because of his rank as second in command to Megatron he was completely loyal and obedient. This especially helped because of his limited intellect. Now where was he? Oh yes, following Tidal Wave’s signature towards that planet. It practically leaked energon of a whole new degree and his sensors could pick it up millions of miles away, he could even taste it.

His spark burned much deeper than his desire to taste the energon, pure anger. After centuries of being Megatron’s stress ball, his punch bag, his personal jester. He had been moulded by his leader and grown to despise him for it, even to the point of forgetting who he was before becoming Megatron’s second in command. This was all going to change however, all it shall take is a full supply of unstable energon.

———

“-And now the location of the Decepticons to this day remain a mystery.” Finished the Datacon, tapping the holographic board with it’s stick. “Any questions?” It retracted back into the wrist it came from.

This was too much to process all at once, a war going on longer than the history of Equestria itself. A race of living machines that could blend into a society if given the chance. An energy source more powerful than alicorn magic? More deities that create a balance between good and evil and one of them was their home world?! All that could be noticed now was Twilight drooling over this information, he pupils wide in anticipation for more research. Taking a deep breath she have her little fit she was beaten to the punch by her own mentor.

“This is so bucking awesome!” Celestia screamed, hopping like a filly who just got the best birthday present. As a princess, especially one who was seen as the goddess who raised the sun, the one who banish Nightmare Moon and Discord she was usually seen as the motherly figure. Now? She was acting exactly like Twilight after she read the latest Daring Do book, ‘The Manticore Crown’. Clearing her throat, realising that she just embarrassed herself in front of not only her student but a sentient machine who was staring at her with awkwardness laced in his optics and posture. The vanilla coated alicorn sat back down blushing while hiding her face in her flowing aurora mane, raising a hoof as if to ask a question.

Giving a bemused stare to Celestia, Delta sighed. “Yes?”

She was honestly about to ask the silliest of questions, if Delta was male or female. Protoforms were gender neutral until given a body so could she be blamed of being curious? No, Delta was obviously a male from his appearance and voice. But a question did come to mind, Minicons never usually come out of what Delta describes as stasis unless they were registered. “Do you know who ‘Ramjet’ is registered to?” Asked Celestia, deep concern in her voice. Holding up a servo for her to wait as Delta searched his files he gravely started pacing. “Is something the matter?”

Still pacing the Datacon searched his memory files over and over again to be sure, but the information disturbed him. “He’s registered to the troop transport for the Decepticon army, Tidal Wave…” Another 3d model of a colossal ship rotating midair, the eyes set on it widened with fear at what this thing looked capable of, especially at the size comparison of the Minicon next to it. Absolutely massive. “I have no data on his robot form unfortunately, he barely comes out of his alt. mode and when he does none live long enough to tell of it. Those that do I’ve never met so I have an empty data file on that. All I can say is we need to alert someone, or somepony as you two put things, who can handle it.”

———

This was getting boring, but what choice did he have but to wait for Starscream under Megatron’s orders? If he even disobeyed so much as one syllable, his ‘insubordination’ would be dealt with extreme punishment. Just as he was about to send a message to his leader a Decepticon signal showed up on his radar, about time. A familiar shape of a large grey and bright red jet approached, transforming and landing with a large thud on the gigantic bow of the ship. “Trip go well?” A booming voice asked from the speaker system.

“Shut up, you simpleton.” Starscream growled, tapping his foot. “Just give me the coordinates for land and let me do the rest, can’t be too hard a reconnaissance to understand this planet. It has organics right?”

“Yes.”

“Did you scan any while you were here?”

“Yes.”

As simple as Tidal Wave was he did understand the usual protocol for organic populated planets, smirking the red Decepticon awaited the coordinates and scannings. “Not too far, that’s good.” He mumbled at the coordinates, not even bothering to inspect the scanning data his Minicon jumped off and landed on the bow by his registered leader’s feet. “Ok, organic integration complete. Starscream transform!” Announcing as dramatically as possible, his large wings folded backwards against his back while his panels began shifting into new positions as well as shrinking to get accustomed to the size of the disguise. “Hey what the, why is this- Hey what kind of organic disguise is this-“ Getting cut short he took a second to look at the ground, he was at eye level with Swindle, his Minicon, who was beeping continuously and holding his sides as if laughing. “What’s so funny?! I order you to show me this instant or ill crush you between my… hooves…” Staring at what was his servos Starscream began to piece it together, he was now a bright red pegasus with a blackish grey mane and short blackish grey tail and reddish orange eyes. There was also a tattoo on both sides of his flank which resembled his trademark wing sword with Decepticon symbol, unbeknownst to him, displaying his exceptional sword skill. “WHAT IN THE ALLSPARK AM I?!?!”

Loud booming laughter emanated from Tidal Wave who could barely contain himself, having enough of this foolery he shot off, transforming his hind hooves into jet thrusters while using his new wings as stabilisers. “Don’t forget to look into a mirror!”

———

“Megatron.”

“What is it Tidal Wave? Can’t I enjoy a cube of fresh solar energon without being bothered?” Snapped Megatron as Cyclonus and Demolisher, covered in grease from repairing the monitor watched on.

“Forgive Tidal Wave Lord Megatron… but Tidal Wave have something Tidal Wave thinks Lord Megatron will like.”

Sighing, he had nothing better to do anyway. “Very well, opening frequency.” A video recording appeared of Starscream's transformation, taking a chug of his energon, Megatron observed in anticipation.

“WHAT IN THE ALLSPARK AM I?!?!”

Something shook the run down base, maybe even the moon itself. A laughter so terrifying it could even shake the bowels of what humans call Hell itself. This laughter was soon followed by two others, one a very gruff voice and another more unhinged high pitched voice. “OHAHAHAHOOHHAHAHA!” Guffawed Cyclonus, slamming the save function for his still roaring leader.

“Kehehehe… expect a promotion when you return with a new Minicon.”

“We get promoted?” Whispered the sky blue robot with a propellor for a back to his comrade.

“I dunno… maybe if we work real hard we might get new Minicons.” Replied Demolisher, both giving each other a high five in agreement.