• Published 16th Apr 2012
  • 13,588 Views, 720 Comments

Is Immortality Really Worth It? - Nadake



Twilight is rejected by the Princess, and vows to become stronger, more perfect, to surpass Celestia

  • ...
86
 720
 13,588

This... isn't what it looks like

HEY!!!

Okay, so for those of you who still have not cottened on, I took downt he two chapters that I put up, partly because of fallout, but mostly because of the poor quality. Just pretend that they didn't happen, or failing that, let your own wicked imagination lead you down paths as you read. I know mine is.

**************************************************


"Ah don't get it. Its Pinkie Pie, Ah understand that, but Pinkie isn't mean, not ever. A little stupid sometimes, but not mean."

"Darling, don't be harsh. I believe innocent would be a better term for Pinkie. She never really grew up, she's just like a foal. But foals can be crueler than anything else. They just don't know not to." Rarity sighed, leaning back from her sewing machine. Tilting her head slightly, she peered over the rim of the ruby red glasses that perched on her nose. In front of her, in the middle of the circular Inspiration Room, Applejack was pacing back and forth. "Dearest, please calm down. You'll wear a rut in my floor if you keep that up." The blue eyes narrowed, half in pout, half in a smirk that Rarity worked furiously to conceal.

"Ah know, and sorry Rare, Ah'm just. Ah'm worried." Applejack stopped, looking down at the floor where there was, indeed, a scuffed trail in the floor from her restless movements.

"Applejack, dearest, please stop. I finished an entire order while you were pacing. How about this? Aloe and Lotus are done for the day, but I'm sure I can get them to work on us. What do you say?"

"Ah don't know Rare. The spa is your thing. And they don't like me. At all. Remember that time I got mud all over their tub? They still hold that one against me, Ah swear." Through her protests though, Applejack had to suppress a shiver at the memory of the eminently pleasurable skills of the twins. How many twins are there in Ponyville anyway? Aloe and Lotus, but they don't look the same.

Aj felt her teeth grind together as the insensitive words of the pink pony came back to her in a vivid rush. It was so... infuriating. In a sudden surge, the rage that Rairty had smoothed returned in a violent rush.

"I'm sorry to intrude, is this a bad time?" The orange head swung to the side, looking in incredulity to the intruder. The unicorn who had been the locus of the recent troubles stood in the doorway to the boutique.

"Oh, hey Twilight, what brings you out to our neck of the woods?"

"I just wanted to talk to you all. I, I'm sorry about what happened earlier." The unicorn blushed and looked away from her friend as she spoke, her discomfort once more as apparent as the horn on her head.

"Don't be silly Twi, you didn't do anything wrong. Pinkie was just... she was-"

"What AJ means Darling, is that nothing you did was wrong. We are both so very happy to see you back again. Oh, speaking of which, are you staying for any time? I'll go get tea started." Rarity cut off her lovers fumbling explanation as smoothly as the blue hue of magic lifted the ruby spectacles from her eyes as she rose. With a flourish, she draped the cloth, a startling affair of burgundy and aqua that drew the eye like a quill draws a line. It was like the dress she had long ago, or not that long ago, made for the Grand Galloping Gala, but softer, more gentle.

"Oh, that sounds great Rarity, thank you."

"Ah wouldn't go thankin' her just yet Twi. She drinks stuff that makes our hard apple cider look like water."

"Applejack!" The fashion princess pouted at the farmer over her shoulder, eyes twinkling in response to the grin that slid into place under blonde forelock. "How can you say such things in front of a guest!"

"Well, Ah could tell her about that one time when you drank some of that apple cider. That was a fun night."

"APPLEJACK!" Both unicorns squealed, blushing and giggling as they looked at one another.


In the dawn light, Twilight rose. Nolux lay asleep, curled around the space which had recently been occupied by Twilight herself. The zebra was amazingly cuddly, always sliding up against the flank of the unicorn, or attempting to snuggle in beside her as they slept.

Now though, the soft body rested its head on the hooves, and a sigh sounded about the small knoll. They had finally reached the edge of the Everfree, Twilight was finally nearing her new home. They didn't need to sleep by day any longer, the punishing heat of the Sarahi was left behind them, but long habits died hard, and the pair had walked all night to reach this clearing by the forests edge.

"You called?"

"Yes I did. But what are you? Are you an innocent mare, stripped of a portion of your mind against your will? Are you merely a fool who harmed herself in the misguided pretense of stopping the pain by amputation? Or, as my dear sister believes, are you a monster from an age past who ripped out and tortured the soul of a mare so you could use her body as a puppet?"

"Oh come now Princess. You know as well as i that you cannot hide in dreams. You lay yourself bare, and I could only know to meet you here if I was indeed the Twilight you contacted yesterday. Of course, you don't have any doubt of that, you would never have revealed yourself at such a disadvantage if you had any doubts. What you want to know is whether or not I am capable of piercing your deceptions. Have I passed your test, my Princess?"

A laugh resounded in the empty trees as the stentorian bellow erupted from the dainty throat. Princess Luna strode forward from the line of pines, eyes still sparkling with mirth. "Oh Twilight Sparkle, it does please me to see you once more. I would ask after your health, but I suppose that would be quite rude of me under the circumstances."

"You may ask as many and as varied as you like, but I may well not answer you. Why did you call me here?'

The laughter died away, as did the twinkle. Instead, steel glittered behind the midnight eyes, and the stars of her mane flared into sudden brilliance. "Twilight, you no longer bear that name alone."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that we, my sister and I, found whatever it was that you placed in that mirror. Celestia, she... well she took pity on the thing, against my council. I bade her to leave it there, to let sleeping dogs lie as it were. But the thing... it, looked like you Twilight. But beaten, broken. Covered with blood, and screaming in pain."

"She took it out of the mirror." Twilight winced, and shut her eyes. her eyes stung in reaction to her thoughts, and tears were trapped behind the shuttered lids. Why Princess. Why do you now decide to care? Was I not good enough until then?

"TWILIGHT! Don't you think that! Don't you ever think that. She... she doesn't love easily. She never has." For a moment, Luna was gone. Locked in a memory of a time so far in the past that Twilight couldn't even be sure of what Canterlot looked like. Then she was back, and tears glistened in her eyes as she looked back at Twilight. "She, she loves you Twilight. I can tell. She loves you too much, and it is making her blind. She can't see the monster that she has created. It's... wrong Twilight. I don't know what it is, but it isn't you, not really. She, Twilight, I think that my sister will defend that creature with her life if needed. You need to help her. You have too."

BUt why should I? After all those years of slavish devotion, and only now does she fall in love? Not even with me, but some mutilated husk I tore out of my mind. She loves that thing, not me. "I'll, think about it. Good bye Princess."


Fluttershy woke to the sound of birds chirping. She moaned, shifting her weight on the bed, moving the beam of sunlight from her neck to her cheek. Then she lay there, content in the slow, strong heat of the light of dawn. She could feed Angel later, he would still be asleep now. She could lounge for the moment. Slowly, the yellow mare drifted, not quite to sleep, but she was in nodding distance of it.

More rustling sounded, and her eyes snapped open. Deep violet eyes stared back at her, a lazy grin tracing its way across the unicorns mouth. "Good morning kitten. Did you sleep well?"

"Eeep!" Fluttershy squeaked, flinching away from the mare, only realizing now that their hooves had been wrapped around each other. As she struggled to disentangle her limbs, Fluttershy felt and unaccustomed... something. Then Twilight moved, flipping over the pegasus until Fluttershy lay beneath her, forelegs like pillars of granite next to the pink maned head.

"I know I slept very well. Thank you. I really did need somepony to talk to." The unicorn didn't relax her posture, standing on the coverlet that still contained her friend, hooves and weight pinning the mare beneath her to the bed. Slowly, Twilight bent her knees, sinking lower and lower towards the yellow pony.

Fluttershy's next squeak died halfway through her throat, and a heartfelt moan drifted out in its place. Again, but even more powerful, that strange, foreign feeling shot through her. It was something she had felt before, though she couldn't recall where. But it was intense, like a line of fire as it passed through her body. Racing along nerves, tensing muscles, and filling her belly with a hunger that instinct told her food would to nothing to assuage.

"I really should thank you again, little one. I, no. NO! This is wrong!" Twilight froze, then leapt off the bed, leaving Fluttershy panting under the blue star-strew bedding. "Oh no. How could I have been so, so STUPID! I- I'm sorry Fluttershy. About last night. I, don't know what came over me, I just... I'm sorry." Tears welled once more in the lavender mares eyes, flowing out silently as she paced across the room, needing to release the pent up tension.

Fluttershy slipped from the bed silently, and walked over to the unicorn. Then she caught the mare as she passed, and spun her. Their lips met once more, a mirror to the events of the night before, and Fluttershy felt that sensation dissolve, the waves of need rolled through her once, shaking the light boned frame. Oh, that was what it was. The passing thought rebounded off her mind, leaving no impression on the sensations that were everywhere. The taste of Twilight's lips, the feel of her hooves on her wings, the smell of their mingled desire.

Then even Fluttershy's resolve broke, shattering like a glass fallen to the ground. Fluttershy collapsed, falling to the wooden paneling on the floor, grunting as the air was knocked from her. As she fell, she pulled Twilight down with her, and the unicorn landed with a muted thump, still locked in the embrace. The wings of the pegasus flared once, then began flapping frantically as Fluttershy pulled her in closer, legs beginning to ache with the force as she held their bodies together.

Twilight's horn glowed, and sensation flooded the pegasus. It felt like thousands of minuscule feathers were dancing across her body, touch light and fleeting, leaving only a tingle in their wake. The touches ghosted across the shivering body, and Twilight pulled her head back. Freed from its bondage, Fluttershy's head tilted back, arching with the line of her back. Twilight kissed a slow line along the proffered throat, then biting down on the pale skin. She didn't bite hard, but even the light touch of her teeth as they held the flesh sent Fluttershy into paroxysms.

Fluttershy was in bliss. There were no annoying thoughts to trouble her, no nagging fears and worries. Time didn't matter. Rules didn't matter. Angel could wait. This mattered. This mattered in ways that the pegasus never even knew existed.