• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 1,692 Views, 86 Comments

5 years later - HaloEssence111



It's been five years since the CMC began, and many things have changed. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom are attending an Academy, and everything is more or less normal. Little do they know the dark forces that lurk close.

  • ...
7
 86
 1,692

Chapter Nine: What once was lost

Chapter Nine

"Sweetie Belle!!!!! You get back here this instant, young filly!!!!"

"Try to make me, fashion freak!!"

Sweetie Belle had just committed boutique fraud. In an attempt to get her sister to eat breakfast, Sweetie had warmed up some oatmeal from the day before and brought it to Rarity's workroom.

"Hey sis, I got some oatmeal for y- AAAGG!!"

Sweetie had tripped over an old dress that had been left out on the floor, crashing to the ground with a loud thud. The bowl of oatmeal in her aura flew across the room, breaking into a thousand pieces and splattering oatmeal everywhere.

Including Rarity's new dress line.

Shocked, Sweetie stood up again to stare at Rarity's expression, a mixture of stunned shock and rage. "Sweetie Belle..."

"Uh oh... Uhhh, sorryaboutthatRarityI'mlateforschoolgottagobye!"

In a flash, she had rocketed out the door and was tearing down Main street at ludicrous speeds, with Rarity shrieking furiously at her to come back.

Sweetie Belle looked over her shoulder, fearing the worst. Unfortunately, the worst was yet to come, seeing that Rarity was hot on her tail. In a panic, Sweetie stopped running to teleport. Right as the violet-maned unicorn was about to charge, Sweetie Belle teleported, landing on top of the barn at Sweet Apple Acres.

"No no no no no!" Sweetie muttered, rapidly sliding down the patchy roof. There were several large holes in the barn roof, and Sweetie Belle was drifting constantly towards one. Gripping the roof's shingle's as tightly as she could, she stopped for a moment, only for the shingles to break off, leaving Sweetie to tumble through the gap onto a hefty pile of straw.

"Pheh, bluck..." sputtered Sweetie Belle, spitting out some hay. "What is in this stuff?!"

Sweetie Belle began to climb out of the straw pile, using her magic to comb stray pieces of hay out of her mane. The barn doors opened, revealing a surprised and slightly amused looking Apple Bloom. for a while she simply stared at Sweetie, who was trying to climb out of the hay pile in vain.

"Sweetie Belle," said Bloom, looking at her friend's struggle to keep the hay out of her mouth. "If you were hungry, ya' coulda jus' asked fer somethin', ya' know."

"Ha ha, Apple Bloom." said a rather disgruntled Sweetie Belle. "You wouldn't laugh if it was you stuck in here."

"Why don't ya' jus' teleport? Yer a unicorn after all."

Why didn't I think of that?

Sweetie Belle screwed up her face in concentration, and then with a loud crack, she reappeared in front of the red-maned earth pony.

"There," wheezed Sweetie, wobbling back in forth in fatigue, exhausted from having teleported so much in such in short period of time.

"Ah're you okay, Sweetie Belle?" asked Apple Bloom curiously. "Maybe you should go inside..." Sweetie nodded, head spinning dizzily. I will never teleport again.. she thought, hanging her head as Bloom lead her into the farm house. Once they were in the the kitchen, Apple Bloom helped Sweetie into a chair to rest.

Belle collapsed, head swimming. She pressed her hoof to her forehead, feeling ill. "You feeling all right, Sweetie Belle?" asked Apple Bloom, looking concerned.

"Yeah, it's just reorientation sickness, that's all." sighed Sweetie. "I can normally deal with it, but it gets worse when I do it twice in a row."

Apple Bloom was about to respond, when Granny walked into the kitchen, screeching out a vaguely familiar tune: My little Pon-EEE, my little pon-EEE, la la la LAAA...

"GRANNY! What in the wide realm of Equestria is that IDIOTIC song?!" yelled Applejack from outside of the kitchen.

"Darude- Sandstorm! LOL" Granny cheerfully replied, then continued to belt out her irritating verse.

"Well, that's a pretty strange name fer a song." said Apple Bloom.

"Nah, she just says that whenever ah ask her what she's singing," said Applejack, looking exasperated. "Don't matter what the song is."

Sweetie didn't answer. She was too busy staring at Granny, who had now added a little dance routine along with her song.

"C'mon, Sweetie Belle, let's git a move on or we're gonna be late fer school!" interjected Bloom, disrupting Sweetie's concentration.

"Yeah... school..."

After Sweetie Belle had (somewhat) broken out of her hypnotic trance, she and Apple Bloom left the farmhouse at a trot and started making their way over towards the Academy. "Hey, Apple Bloom?"

"What?"

"You have the weirdest family I've ever seen."

***

"...Now repeat after me, class: Papa made me pop my popcorn pie, pop-pop." said Fluttershy, standing at the head of the class in front of a large blackboard bearing her name.

"Papa made me pop my popcorn pie, pop-pop." the class sang obediently.

Sweetie Belle sat at her desk by the window, singing along with the rest of her voice class. Once in a while she would stare out the window overlooking the hoofball field and watch the players. Sweet Celestia, they're hot...

"Sweetie Belle? Please pay better attention." said Fluttershy who had somehow appeared next to her desk.

Startled, Sweetie Belle stopped staring out the window and met Fluttershy's peircing gaze, feeling guilty. In most classes, she didn't care if the teacher was disappointed in her for daydreaming. But Fluttershy was just so nice to her that she always felt guilty whenever she did something wrong in her classes.

"Yes, ma'am..."

"Alright then, let's continue. Now, repeat after me..."

Not thinking about it, Sweetie Belle's gaze drifted off towards the window again. The sheer hotness... (1)

Outside, the hoofball players were going through their usual drills, this time accompanied by a familiar cerulean pegasus. Is that... Rainbow Dash? Weird...

And indeed it was. Dash seemed to be shouting orders at a particularly muscular player (2), who was glaring at a small orange pegasus sitting on the bench.

Scootaloo?!

Sweetie Belle was flabbergasted by what she thought she saw. From what it looked like, Scootaloo was acting as a waterpony for the hoofball team. What the heck is she doing here? thought Sweetie, blinking in uncertainty. I thought she dropped out!

Rainbow Dash motioned to Scootaloo, and the orange pegasus jumped up to bring her idol some water from the cooler she was dragging with her mouth. When she arrived to the spot where Rainbow Dash was standing, Scootaloo grimaced for a reason unknown to Sweetie Belle. Rolling her eyes, Scootaloo lugged the cooler over to the muscly hoofball player. Glaring, Scootaloo poured the colt a cup of water and handed it to him. The player took the cup and drank it in one gulp. Dash nodded, then went to go check on the other members of the team, Scootaloo following close behind.

After making sure the Coach wasn't looking, the player smiled smugly and leaned in to mutter one last remark to an already seething Scootaloo. Scoot's head whipped around her eyes shooting daggers at the player behind her. The colt, obviously enjoying his taunts, decided to push his luck with one last retort.

What happened next even Sweetie could hear through the thick glass of her window. Scootaloo lunged at the unfortunate player, and when she had successfully tackled him, she commenced to punch him repeatedly in the face, all the while yelling:

"INSULT MY MOTHER, WILL YOU!!! WELL HAVE SOME OF THIS! AND THIS! HERE, HAVE SOME MORE! YOU READY TO TAKE IT BACK NOW, YOU FILTHY SON OF A- [CENSORED]" (3)

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I take it all back!"

"SORRY JUST AIN'T GONNA CUT IT, YOU DISGUSTING LITTLE [CENSORED]!!!!! SO NOW I'M GONNA TAKE YOUR PATHETIC SORRY AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR---(4) HEY, GET OFFA ME, HE HAD IT COMING! COME ON! ONE MORE, LEGGO!

Just as Rainbow Dash and half the Hoofball team were dragging Scootaloo off of him, Fluttershy had decided that enough was enough and closed the blinds so that she could get back to the lesson. "Poor Buck... Alright everyone, back to your seats, that's enough" she sighed, "Now repeat after me, 'One big bug bled blue blood while the other big Buck- Oh! I mean bug!- bled...' Oh, forget it. Everypony just do something quiet until the end of the period while I go find the Headmistress."

Fluttershy left the classroom, looking concerned. After her departure, the class broke out in whispers.

"Was that Scootaloo?!"

"I thought she dropped out!"

"She beat up Buck!"

"Buck?! Buck Pigskin?!"

"I thought he was the one who was supposed to beat up ponies! I mean, look at what he did to Featherweight..."

"Who knew such a little pegasus was that strong?"

Similar conversations continued until the bell rang a half an hour later. By lunchtime, the only ponies who didn't know about Buck getting beat up were at home, sick in bed. This continued throughout the day until the entire story was common knowledge. Apparently Buck Pigskin had been teasing Scootaloo for over half an hour before she finally snapped. Until his final remark, he had mostly been commenting on her wings and being a dropout, with the occasional scorn at how Hoofball was no sport for a girl and that Scootaloo shouldn't even be here. And until the last part, she had mostly been willing to let it slide (though it should be noted, only after multiple threats from Rainbow Dash to confiscate her scooter if she so much as twitched the wrong way).

The last straw however, had been when Buck told Scootaloo that maybe it was better that her mother had died so that she wouldn't have to look at her ugly face anymore (the details were obscure, but that was the basic gist of it), and of course, everyone heard for themselves what happened next. Buck had been sent to the emergency room where they found out that he had broken his nose in three places, cracked his jaw, lost four teeth, and bruised two ribs.

But the rumors about Scootaloo were even worse. Scootaloo had been arrested. Scootaloo was on the run. Scootaloo went to the hospital to beat up Buck some more. Each bit of gossip was even crazier than the last, until by the last bell Scootaloo had become a demon sorceress sent by the dragons to destroy all of creation, starting with Buck (though most agreed that this was probably just a joke spread around by Snips and Snails). (5)

On the way out to the vending machines where she was to meet Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle came across the two ponies that she least wanted to see: Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Ducking behind a wall, Sweetie was able to keep out of sight while still being able to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"...So like, I was like totally shocked when I saw that stupid dropout beating up Buck! I mean like, seriously, I knew that Scootaloo was a brainless little freak, but, like, even I didn't think she would stoop so low as to mindlessly hurt an innocent student! 'Cause, like, I mean honestly, get a life, will you?"

"Yeah.." replied Silver Spoon warily.

"Okay, so like, I heard this rumor why Scootaloo dropped out this year, ya' know?" said Diamond nastily.

"Mm hmm.." said Silver, staring at the floor.

"What I heard was that she like, came back so she could like, infect us with her weirdo dumbness disease. Ya' know, 'cause like, everypony knows she can't read?"

"W-What do you mean?" said Silver, looking up from the floor with concern.

"Argh, Silver, for such a smartie, you can be real dumb sometimes." Silver Spoon cringed at the insult, but said nothing.

"What I mean," said Diamond. "Is that Scootaloo has some gross disease that makes it so that, like, she can't read the same way other ponies can! And now she's gonna try to like, taint us with her freaky defect!"

Sweetie Belle gritted her teeth in anger. That isn't true! she thought furiously. It can't be! Scootaloo's not diseased!

But at the same time, she couldn't help but wonder if Diamond Tiara was right. Scootaloo always did have trouble reading.. But that doesn't mean she's sick or something!

Sweetie Belle pondered this a for a bit while she walked down to her meeting place. There, she found Button Mash (as usual) playing on his Joyboy, oblivious to everything that was going on around him. Sweetie Belle crept up behind him and covered his eyes with her hoofs. "Guess who!"

"GAH! Sweetie Belle, I you made me fail Level 13!" Button whined. "Now I gotta start all over..."

"Oh stop it, Button," said Sweetie, giving him a quick peck on the forehead. "You'll live."

"Doubtful..." muttered Button resentfully.

"...Plus I have cheats for level thirteen." said Sweetie Belle, pulling a folder labeled 'Button's cheatcodes' out of her saddlebags and handing it to him.

Button could only beam. For the next fifteen minutes, he and Sweetie took turns playing on the Joyboy and talking about random things. Eventually, their conversation drifted to Buck's beating.

"Hey Sweetie, have you heard about what Scootaloo did today? I heard she beat up Buck Pigskin, the senior!"

Sweetie rolled her eyes in annoyance. "So I heard."

"Didn't she used to be one of your best friends last year? I know you guys hung out with each other a lot last year."

Sweetie scowled. "What do you mean, 'Used to be'? We're still friends, you know, even if we don't hang out all that much anymore."

"Whatever you say, Sweetie Belle."

Sweetie Belle handed him the Joyboy and began packing her saddlebags. Apple Bloom should be here by now, she thought. Where is she?

Just then, Apple Bloom came walking from behind a wall and started off towards Sweetie and Button. "Sorry ah'm late," said Apple Bloom. "Ran into some trouble jus' now. Some certain Queen Bee's were bugging me about Scootaloo. Hey, did you hear-"

"WE HEARD." said Sweetie Belle, rather gruffly.

"Oh. Okay. Well, let's go Sweetie Belle." said Bloom, a little surprised. Sweetie got up, grabbed her saddlebags, and gave Button a quick kiss before taking off with Apple Bloom.

"Why'da think she did it?" said Apple Bloom. "Just 'cause, maybe?"

"...I don't know, Apple Bloom." said Sweetie. "But whatever the reason, she'd better be happy with herself."

"Eeyup." said Apple Bloom, mimicking Big Mac.

They continued to chatter on for a bit, all the while Sweetie Belle thought grim things about Scootaloo's actions.

Whatever her reason, I hope she's enjoying this...

***

(1)- Just because Sweetie Belle is in a relationship with Button Mash doesn't mean that she can't think other colts are hot. (So there:moustache:)

(2)- Who's name is Buck Pigskin (son of the Coach).

(3)- Just to clear it up, she said "son of a reindeer" (Which, I'm guessing, is a REALLY huge insult in Equestria.)

(4)- THAT, however, was exactly what you thinking.

(5)- Though Sweetie Belle personally suspected Diamond Tiara for about 50% of the rumors.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took me so long to write this chapter:twilightsheepish:

Comments ( 23 )

Reeeeeeeally good chapter:pinkiehappy:

Keep up the good work!

Personally I'm siding with Scootaloo, you can only push someone so far before they snap and Buck found that out the hard way. Of course since he ended up in the hospital and is the coach's son everyone will heap scorn and BS on Scoots instead of wondering why nothing was done about Buck's bullying before it got to this point.

That was an awesome chapter! And about Scootaloo... that was genius.

:applejackunsure::rainbowlaugh::facehoof::ajbemused: Because words don't work here.

Comment posted by HaloEssence111 deleted Dec 17th, 2014

I found this on the internet, and this is what I think DT and SS would look like about now:

ponywallpapers.com/wallpapers/1/diamond-tiara-and-silver-spoon-1598-1920x1200.jpg

just saying...

5391986 um...did you like the chapter? ( I can't speak emoji)

5393312 This style of writing usually turns me away from stories, but yet you've kept me hooked. It somehow completely mocks itself, yet takes itself seriously. It's incomprehensible genius and incomprehensible insanity. :rainbowwild:

For some reason, Silver Spoon and Octavia can pass off as relatives. On a side note, Scootaloo's easier to piss off.

5394440 well, the genius part is me, and the insanity part is my editor:derpytongue2:

5394550 Wait...Silver Spoon and octavia?????:derpyderp2::derpyderp2::derpyderp2:

Where did THAT come from????

5394550 you sure?????????????

5393724 Older Silver reminds me of Tavi.

5475640 No, I want some redemption from SS (such as guilt for all the stuff she and DT did to the cmc), but I don't think you're going to see any thing from DT anytime soon.

5475669 Ha Ha! That's a good idea. I'll talk about it with my editor (he's appointed himself in charge of all Granny moments in the story.)

Finished reviewing the first seven chapters of the story. I'm accepting it into the library.

Admittedly, there were a few things that annoyed me here, but overall, the story works, is paced correctly, and delivers it's conflicts well enough to get in. There's room for improvement, sure, but it's okay enough.

Review is here, and congrats

Wow! Amazing story so far! Can't wait for more!

I usually don't care for these type of fics but you as an author (and your editor) have the intangibles that hooks readers in. I am anticipating the next chapter.

I really like this story!

Are you going to keep writing more or are you stopping here?

6287437 No, I'll continue writing, but I've taking a break in order to work on my other stories.

Login or register to comment