• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 1,351 Views, 2 Comments

In The Barn - The Delirium



Rainbow Dash ans Spike make a surprising discovery about Applejack while looking for her in the barn.

  • ...
1
 2
 1,351

An Applejack Dance Party

"Applejack! Hey, Applejack!" called a cyan blue pegasus with a rainbow mane as she flew throughout the sky. The pegasus mare known as Rainbow Dash was speeding over Sweet Apple Acres, looking for her best friend and greatest rival, Applejack. Last week, the orange earth mare had bested Rainbow Dash in a hoof wrestling contest. To Rainbow's embarrassment, it had happened in front of all their friends. Now, she was looking for a rematch in order to reclaim her honor. However, she was going to have to find Applejack first and that was proving to be a tad difficult.

Rainbow Dash flow up high to cloud that she kept positioned over the Apple family farm. It was in the perfect place, so one could see all of Sweet Apple Acres. Rainbow Dash new she could easily spot Applejack from that spot, like she always had. Unfortunately, as she gazed upon the mass amount of trees and fields, the only pony she saw was Big Macintosh. Deciding that it would be a good idea to ask him of his sister's whereabouts, she began to fly towards him.

"Hey, Big Mac!" she called from the sky, making the large red stallion look up. "Have an idea where AJ is?" Rainbow Dash was surprised to see the normally calm pony's face scrunch up in anger.

"Eeeenooope! That mare hasn't done any of her work today and she's off somewhere ah can't find her. If ya see her, will ya tell her to get flank back to the farm."

"Uhhhh...Sure."

"Thank ya." Big Mac turned away from the hovering pegasus and walked away to continue his apple bucking.

"Weird." Rainbow Dash thought to herself. "It's not like Applejack to miss a day of work. I bet I can find her somewhere around here." Rainbow once again flew off to continue her search for Applejack.


"Applejack! Hey, Applejack!" A small purple dragon was walking down the path that led to Sweet Apple Acres. He was carrying a small basket that a few desserts tucked into it. Spike had recently baked some of his famous chocolate chip cookies and had wanted to give Applejack a few. He followed the trail that led to the farm and it eventually came into view. "Where are you, Applejack!?" Spike made his way to the farmhouse and knocked on the door. He was disappointed when Apple Bloom answered it, and not her sister.

"Hey Spike, what can ah do ya for?"

"Hey, Apple Bloom. I was just wondering where Applejack was."

"Don't have a clue. Hey, are those cookies!"

"Yep. I baked them myself. Want one?"

"Sure!" Apple Bloom grabbed one of the cookies out of Spike's basket and slammed the farmhouse door. The baby dragon turned around and walked onto the porch. He sat down and layer his basket next to him.

"I wonder where that mare is?"

"That's what I want to know." Spike instantly jumped up at the sound of a voice behind him. He swiveled around and saw Rainbow Dash hovering in the air. "I'm trying to find Applejack too, but it looks like she just disappeared off the face of Equestria!"

"I'm sure she's around here somewhere."

"No she isn't! I've checked every nook and cranny of this farm except for..." Rainbow paused to look at the big red barn that was next to the farmhouse. "The barn." The dragon and pegasus started walking towards the building. They heard a confusing sound become a bit more audible every time they took a step. "What's that sound?"

"I don't know." Finally, that were standing just outside the barn doors and they could clearly make out the peculiar sound. "Is that...music?"

"I think it is, but why would random music be playing from inside a barn?" The duo got their answer as Rainbow Dash pushed the barn door open with a hoof. They were shocked to see Applejack flailing her limbs out wildly to the beat of the music. Spike and Rainbow stood and watched with until the dragon whelp decided to speak up.

"Wow. You're an even worse dancer than Twilight!" Applejack instantly froze and looked over at Rainbow Dash and Spike. A heavy blush covered her face as she realized she had been caught.

"It's not what ya think! Ah was just uh..."

"Dancing?"

"What, no! This Apple don't dance!"

"Then what were you just doing?" Rainbow Dash asked smugly.

"Ah was just..."

"Applejack." Spike interrupted. "We all know you can't lie, so why don't you just spill the beans." Applejack looked to the ground and covered her face with her hat.

"Allright, ya caught me. Ah was havin a dance party all by myself. Please don't laugh."

"That's nothing to laugh about." Spike stated.

"Really?"

"Nope. It's hilarious!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she burst out laughing.

"See! This is why ah didn't want to tell ya! No pony likes bad dancing."

"Applejack, it's not the dancing part that's funny. It's the fact that you are doing it all by yourself in secret." Spike said.

"So if ah wasn't alone, it wouldn't be weird."

"You would still dance bad, but it wouldn't be weird."

"Then why don't ya join me?" Spike and Rainbow Dash looked at each other for a moment and considered their offer. After a minute, they nodded their head and turned back to Applejack.

"Let's dance."

Comments ( 2 )

:pinkiehappy: To quote a song,

We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well, they're no friends of mine

So if they do dance then they are friends. :yay:

:facehoof: I don't know, I just wanted to say it.

Okay, this gets an upvote cause the ending cracked me up. Such a simple, silly story. And written well, you just have a single paragraph that needs to be split up.

Last week, the orange earth mare had bested Rainbow Dash in a hoof wrestling contest. To Rainbow's embarrassment, it had happened in front of all their friends. Now, she was looking for a rematch in order to reclaim her honor. However, she was going to have to find Applejack first and that was proving to be a tad difficult.

This is a subject change and should begin a new paragraph. Also, there are a few minor spelling errors that another quick run through would solve. Such as:

Rainbow Dash flow up high

*flew* and the like. Still, great job!:ajsmug:

Login or register to comment