• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 8,325 Views, 1,584 Comments

Tainted Love: A Twysalis Prompt Tag Collab - Foals Errand



100-1500 word prompt mini fics celebrating the love between Twilight and Chrysalis. Forced or consensual. Prepare yourselves!

  • ...
46
 1,584
 8,325

PreviousChapters Next
Sloth by Knight of Lycaeus (7 Deadly Sins Hopeful)

By Knight of Lycaeus

One would be quick to paint Canterlot, capital of Equestria as perfection with its graceful tall white marble walls and towers trimmed and decorated in gold. But for Chrysalis the endless sea of white meant nothing. She let out a deep sigh, nearly a year ago shortly after the failed invasion she was captured. Chrysalis bound as she was magically and physically still made her case to the Diarchy during her trial.

The verdict? Chrysalis and what remained of the Hive would be brought to Canterlot while a better solution would be devised. A year later had brought little fruit to the plan and despite her worries regarding the Hive she couldn't bring herself to care much more. The last year had been trying and very draining, the citizens had closed themselves from the Changelings they now harboured and from that even more Changelings had withered away. By now only about half to a third of the Hive still lived.

The main driving force against the Changelings had been the politicians from all parts of the realm. Their disgust for Changelings was especially strong among the Canterlot politicians who had witnessed the events, their hatred was akin to the unseen part of Canterlot, the darkness beneath the veneer of light. Canterlot was not just the lustrous city of white but there was more hidden away, carved deep into the mountain. The unseen Canterlot was where Luna had formed her own half of the government within the caverns where the darker realm was more suitable for the Lunar Ponies that served her for their greater sensitivities to light made the gleaming walls a hazard under the rays of the bright sun.

'Twilight Sparkle, when will I see you again?', the unicorn had been the true bright spot to her life, an oasis away from the raging desert of petty arguments and endless debates. Their first meeting after her capture had been difficult, the unicorn radiated anger and hatred in abundance but also reluctance and concern no doubt due to her learning of the dire situation. Despite the dark feelings that were mutual between them, Chrysalis also held a grudgingly given respect. She was no mere drone or worker, she was their Queen and skilled in infiltration yet one pony had pierced and seen through her disguised form and upset her entire plans. One error and everything that the Hive worked for, everything which had hinged on its success went to pieces.

Over time the unicorn became friendly, more open. In what was also a surprise to herself, Chrysalis also began seeing the unicorn less as a respected enemy but more as a friend.

Chrysalis looked away from the window and sighed again, 'I believe Twilight said in her last visit she was deep in some studies. It will be some time before I see her again. Is there any reason to hope any more? Will the Hive live again? There is little reason to hope that this new suggestion would work, perhaps this truly is the end of the Hive, the end of the Changelings....'.

Chrysalis left the window and settled herself on the floor and lowered her head, by this point survival for the Changelings seemed hopeless and for her it was becoming too much. Perhaps it was better that the Changelings fade away, fade to legends among ponies. Why should she care anymore when the world despised them and when both their efforts at conquest and at peace had failed.

Her door opened and in the doorway she could see the figure of an alicorn with their wings outstretched. What was curious was that the alicorn was noticeably shorter than either of the Diarchs.

"Chrysalis?"

'Who would even come here? The Diarchs certainly have no time.... The only one would b....'.

Chrysalis raised her head, the voice had sounded familiar yet something was different. She looked as the alicorn walked in....

"Twilight Sparkle?", confusion evident in her tone. Her friend was a unicorn not an alicorn!

"It's me Chrysalis. I, uh, guess somethings have changed recently." Twilight answered.

"What?" Chrysalis was stunned, 'How? What does this mean now?'.

"There's a story behind this." Twilight said sounding a bit nervous. Twilight walked up to the Changeling Queen slumped on the floor. "However that could wait." Twilight began in a clearer tone, "With some recent changes I'm now a Princess of Equestria. As my first act I invite you and the Hive to build a home just outside of Ponyville. I know there will be some difficulties but hopefully it will be a chance at a fresh start."

Chrysalis was truly stunned, a year of futile efforts and now here was an offer to start anew. The road ahead would be rough but if it meant being close by her friend perhaps it would be worth it in the end.

PreviousChapters Next