• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 8,324 Views, 1,584 Comments

Tainted Love: A Twysalis Prompt Tag Collab - Foals Errand



100-1500 word prompt mini fics celebrating the love between Twilight and Chrysalis. Forced or consensual. Prepare yourselves!

  • ...
46
 1,584
 8,324

PreviousChapters Next
Angel by bobbannaville (Tragedy/Sad)

By bobbananaville

“Could you turn into my mom for me?”

“What?”

“It’s… Well, I’ve only got half an hour, if we're lucky. Probably less. And I haven’t spoken with her in so long; in light of everything…”

“I - Twi, are you sure? I can take her form; it’d be easy. But I can’t be her. Anything you say to her will…”

“I always enjoyed pretend, Chrysalis. Remember that night before Hearth’s Warming, when we pretended that you were the mailpony?”

“Oh, I remember. That was such a filling, fun day.”

“I miss those days. I miss the days when I could trust my friends with anything, and we’d just enjoy ourselves. I miss being in Canterlot, too; studying under Celestia, just learning everything I could.”

“I’m going to miss you, Twilight.”

“Yeah. Wherever I go, I’m going to miss you too. I don’t regret anything we’ve shared. My mom, though… I haven’t spoken with her in… Shy a year? I really want to spend some time with - Cough!”

“That’s blood!”

“Yeah, it’s happening sooner than I thought. Chrysalis, could you please…”

“...”

“Thank you. I… This isn’t as fulfilling as I’d been expecting. You can turn back now; I guess I‘d prefer reality.”

“Oh. Sorry I couldn’t…”

“No, it’s fine, Chryssi! Haven’t you learned to never guilt-trip a dying pony?”

“Please don’t say that you’re dying, Twi. I don’t want you saying that.”

“There’s no point pretending, Chryssi. I’ve got maybe… Five minutes. I’ve seen the virus work itself on other ponies - Pinkie wasn’t recognizable when we saw her, remember? Every single pony that had been bit has died or transformed, and there’s nothing to say that I’m any different.”

“But you are different! What if - what if my love did something? Helped fight it, or -”

“We tried that with Flutters, remember? It didn’t work then, either. Don’t waste your love, Chryssi.”

“But Twi-”

“Listen to me for a moment, okay? I don’t - *cough* - don’t know how long I’ve got. When I come back, I won’t be me. I don’t want to be something that’s not me, not even for a second.”

“Twi…”

“Angels are… They’re beings that take us to the thereafter, in old religious texts. When your life has ended, they bring you peace and take you to whatever lies ahead, so that you’re not scared or afraid in death.I know this may be a bit much to ask, but could you… could you be my angel?”

“Twilight… Why? Couldn’t we do something - anything?! Can't there be some way to save you - the elements of harmony? They saved you Nightmare Moon and Discord. Or what about the Crystal Heart?”

“I’m dying, Chrysalis. Even if they worked, it would take too long, and I’d have turned by the time we got there. Please, Chrysalis, please help me end it. I don’t want to be something that’s not me, not even for a second. I don’t want to spend half a second not remembering the times I had with my friends, or with Celestia or my parents. I want to remember you until my last breath. Please, Chrysalis, grant me that.”

“Twi!”

“Please!”

“...”

“Thank you, Chryssi. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

There is a high pitched sound, and a green light flashes.

An angel cries.

Author's Note:

:fluttercry:

PreviousChapters Next