• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 8,325 Views, 1,584 Comments

Tainted Love: A Twysalis Prompt Tag Collab - Foals Errand



100-1500 word prompt mini fics celebrating the love between Twilight and Chrysalis. Forced or consensual. Prepare yourselves!

  • ...
46
 1,584
 8,325

PreviousChapters Next
Firestorm by Europa

By Europa

It was the most major of all changeling holidays, celebrating the day that all their hives were unified into one country, centuries before Equestria itself was founded. Since it was held a few weeks before Hearth's Warming, the normally scorching heat of the Badlands had cooled to a mild warmth that Twilight relished, feeling the warm breeze wafting through her coat and playing with her ears.

Normally the Firestorm was kept from the world by way of a massive illusion cast upon the surface, but since Chrysalis had ended her people's isolationist policies, the ceremony was open to all. In addition to the massive swarm of chitinous changelings on the surface - as opposed to usually living underground - there were ponies, griffons, zebras, even a full grown dragon waiting to see the spectacle.

The spectacle was taking place around one of the Badland's mountains in the dark of a moonless night. At the summit were the changelings responsible for putting together the show, and on a raised platform just low enough that Twilight could still see her was her marefriend, Queen Chrysalis. She looked up at her and smile, and Twilight could've sworn she saw the changeling return the look.

This Firestorm, now that the changelings had ample love to go around, promised to be a feat to behold. And as the first shocks of green fire burst into the sky, everyone in the audience found themselves enraptured. The fires grew more and more plentiful, forming stars and swirls, arcs and crescents and all manner of shapes and styles, loud pops filling the air.

Then Chryssy joined the act, shooting forth a steady stream of fire up, and up, higher, higher! The emerald flame twisted and writhed around itself, coiling through its own body as it rose above the ongoing bursts from the mountain. It began to twist and assumed the form of an enormous replica of the queen herself, before the features changed into Princess Celestia, Emperor Grafna, and then into an enormous dragon many times the size of the real thing that swooped down, skimming above the audience.

The flames went higher and higher, and then began to shift, until they became an ever-flowing blaze representing an alicorn, with a green starry cutie mark. Twilight's caricature danced along the skies, read books, and performed amazing feats of 'magic' to the background of the changelings firing more bursts. A few changelings around her recognized Twilight and gave her knowing winks, which made her blush furiously.

Chrysalis soon moved on from mimicking Twilight, and when she did, she sought out Chryssy's eyes. Even as the changeling queen channeled a massive inferno, spewing from her jagged horn like a geyser, she looked at Twilight and smiled.

It struck her just how beautiful she was like this. Her mane and tail billowing, her power shown to its full extent, beautiful and confident.
Twilight wiped away a tear. And... and she had saw fit to include her in the most renowned of her people's holidays, to devote a good ten minutes of it to her, easily more than that. She felt so humbled, so flattered.

She had the best marefriend in the world. And the celebration only reinforced her decision to buy a wedding necklace.

Author's Note:

So sweet, great job Europa!

PreviousChapters Next