• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 8,325 Views, 1,584 Comments

Tainted Love: A Twysalis Prompt Tag Collab - Foals Errand



100-1500 word prompt mini fics celebrating the love between Twilight and Chrysalis. Forced or consensual. Prepare yourselves!

  • ...
46
 1,584
 8,325

PreviousChapters Next
Insanity by nioniosbbbb

by nioniosbbbb

Twilight Sparkle couldn’t find words to describe this world. It was as if a poet had set free the beauty of the world with his imagination. She and Chrysalis were drifting from the boundless, dark blue ocean that was the sky, riding on two streams of energy, one purple and one teal. As Twilight looked up she saw the streams slowly fade as their hooves touched the ground.

She let go of Chrysalis, who watched amused as the alicorn inspected her surroundings. A soft wind brought to them the exotic scents of the flowers, that welcomed them like a luxurious round carpet forming a circle around them. They ranged from margaritas, to roses, to carnations and more. Twilight watched with excitement as every one of her hoofsteps rippled her colors, mainly that of her coat, all around her.

Twilight went to pick a red rose and checked Chrysalis to ask if it was okay. Chrysalis nodded with a smile, watching as Twilight’s flower changed to purple, livening up and spreading its leaves, sharing in the happiness of the mare that picked it. The more her smile brightened the more the rose pridefully reflected it.

The ground around Chrysalis’s hooves was covered with teal lilies, calmly showing their beauty. She watched as Twilight turned around, bringing the flower to her. She offered it, raising it to her level in two hooves.

“Purple rose? Clever little Twilight…” said Chrysalis, nuzzling Twilight’s snout with her own. Purple roses were a symbol of how enchanted the one giving it was with their mate.

“Well, you deserve it. I mean, the way changelings fascinate me each time I come here. There is a new thing every time to try out, to know. And now this world…” Twilight looked around. Beyond the circle of flowers, three paths filled with greenery were stretching out, positioned in a similar manner as the statues of the ancient changeling rulers. On the sides of each path, mountains of white granite and crystal reached for the sky in all kinds of shapes and curves, bending left and right as if they were drawn by Stablo Picasso. Huge pieces of land floated in the air, small islands defying gravity.

“It’s just so beautiful…” Twilight closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. This was totally crazy! The whole place was like the tales she heard as a filly about ‘Wonderland’, a place where all dreams could come true, where fantasy roamed wild, and where true magic existed.

“Now, now my little daydreamer!” Chrysalis smiled playfully as she started trotting again. “Don’t get too carried away or you’ll get lost in the spirit world. Stay close to me, don’t use too much magic, don’t try to fly too much either. Not all spirits are welcoming here.” Twilight only now realized that despite the beauty of this world, there was little sound to be heard, even from the supposed wind that blew across the flowers.

As Twilight followed, Chrysalis’s ears were perked all the way, as if she was looking for something, or watching out for something. At the same time she kept a calm face, which meant that whatever she was looking for she had a course of action ready.

Black tentacles slithered from the edges of the crystals around the pathway Twilight and Chrysalis were treading. Twilight blinked, thinking that she didn’t see well, but then it happened again. A shadow the size of a pony, with tentacles where the mane should have been, moved effortlessly inside the reflection. Its glowing white eyes looked at her for a moment before slithering to cover, without a flap of wings or magic, so Twilight concluded it was through mental prowess that it did so. Was this why Chrysalis had told her to not fly? The rules of the real world seemed to be a bit more… lax in this place.

She trotted closer to Chrysalis, who either didn’t notice, or wasn’t bothered by the strange shadows that were now gathering around them. Twilight poked Chrysalis, while simultaneously shying away from the narrowing pathway. She didn’t notice the pathway going down and into a dark cave until Chrysalis laid a hoof in front of her.

“Chrysalis…”

“Shhhh!!” Chrysalis raised a hoof in front of her mouth, motioning for her to be quiet, but that didn’t stop Twilight from gulping as the shadowy forms emerged out of the crystals. Shyly, the black figures shimmered as they crossed their crystalline refuge, and as they did Twilight noticed them gaining color, their features becoming more distinct and clear. They looked like a mix of changelings and ponies, and wore masks of different colors with different expressions painted on each of them. Curious, and attracted by the magic of the couple, their liquid semi-transparent forms slithered in the sea that was the aether of the spirit world. Their eyes wide open, never closing, watched the living couple in front of them with interest, tilting their heads to the side.

Faced with such a sight, even Twilight’s attention failed to stop her from bumping into Chrysalis.

“We’re here.” The Queen of the changelings turned to her mate and rubbed her neck, smiling awkwardly “Sorry Twi, forgot to tell you where we’re going. This is where Queen Metis lives in the spirit world.”

She made sure the two of them stood firmly on the ground. “Don’t mind the spirits, so long as you don’t harm them you’ll be fine. Just don’t make any rash movements. If need be I will defend you, trust me, okay?” The Queen held Twilight’s hoof to her own chest, looking deep into the young alicorn. Twilight smiled, unable to resist Chrysalis’s comforting eyes, and the steady warm beat of her chest. She took a deep breath, focusing on the positive emotions in her heart.

She nodded as she felt, no, heard something. A soft aura in the wind was felt, softly playing with it, dancing around the crystalline arrays echoing from the maw of the earth ahead, slowly rising each second. The spirits raised their heads, their ears fully perked as they listened and breathed the alien song that flowed through the air, filling everyone that heard it with a blissful serenity that calmed them as they held dearly the singer’s wish and exalted the life that was given to them.

The singer made her way out of the maw of the earth, her very essence calling to the world around her. Earth, stone, and sky started singing with her, endless love burned around them, embers shared the colors of ‘her’ eyes and shimmered in her sun-golden mane. Her pure white chiton flowed effortlessly around her body, the silver lining complimenting her grace.

All Twilight could say was swallowed up in an instant, and Chrysalis wasn’t much for words either. The couple was enveloped, immersed in the experience, basking in the glory of the ancient Queen. The tall changeling continued her enchanting song, honoring those who had come to her. Concluding her performance and leaving a profound nostalgia for her singing in their hearts Queen Metis spoke.

“Welcome to the spirit world, I am Queen Metis. What can I do for you?”

PreviousChapters Next