• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 8,293 Views, 1,584 Comments

Tainted Love: A Twysalis Prompt Tag Collab - Foals Errand



100-1500 word prompt mini fics celebrating the love between Twilight and Chrysalis. Forced or consensual. Prepare yourselves!

  • ...
46
 1,584
 8,293

PreviousChapters Next
Icicle by Europa

by Europa

She was cold.

Twilight shivered in the glacier, icicles dripping around her. She was in a small cave made entirely of ice, looking like somepony had dropped a stick of dynamite in the middle of the ice, let it carve out an area, and then stuck her into it. Twilight laid on her side, head limp, eyes dull, and hooves motionless. She was too cold to move.

She'd tried everything to escape. Teleportation, heat spells, bashing at the ice. Nothing worked, the icy chamber may as well have been a pocket dimension. She was so, so cold. The chill seeped through her fur and through her bones. It made her muscles weak, too weak to stand or move. It made every breath ache on its way through her throat, and her nose was eternally runny no matter how much she wiped onto her forelegs, freezing there. She was beyond shivering, her muscles didn't have the energy. She was in full-blown hypothermia, the kinda ponies died from.

But he didn't let her die.

The cloud of inky, smokey shadow slipped through a ventilation crack. In the past Twilight had fought back, whimpered, or tried to get away, but now she was too cold to do anything more than look up at him in helpless dread. From the cloud formed a face, that of a fellow unicorn, but the horn was red and it curved like a changeling's. The irises were red, the pupils slit, the sclera toxic green, and they billowed violet mist which flowed back into the black cloud. His muzzle was long and gray, his mane part of the flowing shadows, and his mouth was filled with razor sharp fangs.

'There is nothing left of your world.'

The shadow - King Sombra - never spoke to her. He never entertained her with riddles, or responded to her pleas, or mocked her with how helpless she was, or pretended that it was for her own good. He never delayed, he never stalled. Every time, he went right to work, and this time was no different.

A dark gray crystal burst from the ground before her, and then a warmth spread through her horn, down her head, and throughout her body. It stung against her ice-encased body, but she knew the worst was yet to come.

The pain was as unbearable as ever, but she was too cold to scream and twitch. Only moans escaped her muzzle as her magical reserves were drawn out through her horn and into the solidified dark magic, leaving a scorching emptiness behind. Once all her magic was gone, the King lifted the crystal up with his bubbling dark powers, and it sank into his shadow body. Once there the crystal dissolved, letting her reddish-purple magic loose, which the other unicorn swiftly absorbed. That done, Sombra wrapped her in his dark magic again, horrible and slimy against her skin as it preserved her life and kept the cold from claiming her, and then he slithered back out, leaving Twilight to her misery.

***-_***_-***-_***_-***-_***_-***

Sleep came with fitful, horrible nightmares. Wherever she was, she was beyond Princess Luna's reach, so her mind was allowed to torment her to its endless delight. Every time she woke up, she remembered that in the nightmare the fringes of her vision were filled with bubbling green and purple magic, so Twilight suspected that Sombra's dark magic had something to do with it.

I never should've told Shiny to help the girls into the shield, she thought. I never should have tried to hold off Sombra. She'd thought she stood a chance. After all, she was the most powerful unicorn alive and in the prime of her life. She should have easily been able to deal with Sombra and thus, defend the empire. But it wasn't to be. King Sombra was one thousand years old, and even if she outclassed him in power his knowledge of dark magic was seemingly infinite. And dark magic was far more powerful on its own than regular magic; if Rarity attacked her with the same magics she would have had a tough time fending her off.

So here she was, chained in unbearable, maddening cold and isolation, total darkness. Sombra's shadow form, ironically, gave off light in the form of his eyes, but beyond that she was blind. And that allowed the hallucinations to come forth. Rings of fangs coming to bite her in half, causing phantom pain. Celestia, the mare she looked up to more than anypony else, gored and maimed in a thousand horrific ways. Spike, her little brother, torn limb from limb. Everything she had ever loved, destroyed, each more horribly than the last. And sight wasn't the only one of her senses out of whack.

'You can never leave this place. There is no way home...' whispered an insidious stallion from right next to her, but she hasn't the strength to turn their way. She feared he/it was right.

Sombra came. Sombra went. Day in and day out, with her nightmares and waking horrors tracing dancing circles above her. It must've been months.

'All of your friends are dead.'

And she feared it was right. There were no friends in this place. No family. Only cold, tearing dark magic, and endless fear.

***-_***_-***-_***_-***-_***_-***

Time continued to pass. Twilight was cold, so very cold. The snot running from her nose, smeared across a foreleg, was crystalized into an off-color coat. Her horn ached perpetually. She couldn't move. Couldn't see. Sometimes it felt like she couldn't breathe. She couldn't eat, so her stomach seemed to suck at her insides. She couldn't drink, so she'd long ago wished to lose feeling in her throat. But the dark magic didn't let her die.

'It was your fault.'

She thought she heard something. Actual noises. The sound of magic. Blasts. Crystals. Dark magic.

The sounds drew closer. Lights tickled the blackness of her world, and then...

WHOOSH!

If she could have, Twilight would have jumped. The ice on her coat instantly melted from a furnace blast of heat as an enormous blast of green fire shot past in front of her, carving a wide tunnel through her cave. Inside the painfully bright light she could see a stallion fighting tooth and hoof against the torrent, which cut out as suddenly as it started. Her eyes adjusted to the armor-clad form of King Sombra, in his pony form, just long enough to see another black figure, encased in green fire, tackle him out of sight.

There was darkness again, lit up by flashes of purple and green light, the silence pierced by feminine and masculine grunts and screams. Finally, the green light grew brighter, there was one last scream from both of the voices, and it fell quiet.

Not silent, though. The sound of magic and hooves on ice came closer, as did a green light, until the black figure stood before Twilight's cave.

She easily recognized the form of the changeling queen - she'd never gotten her name, though - as she approached, sending a new spike of fear through her veins. Her horn glowed with eldritch power and tiny, illusory flames licked along her sleek carapace, which was dotted with cracks and stained with green and red blood. "Twilight Sparkle," she said in her two-toned voice. "I didn't think I'd find you here."

The queen stepped closer and lifted Twilight in her magic. She gave a little squeak, but didn't and couldn't fight back as the changeling placed her on her back, resting against the reflective turquoise shell. The fire illusions around the changeling's chitin began warming Twilight, slowly chasing the bitter frost up her extremities and bringing feeling back to her limbs. As much as she feared the changeling, she'd take any warmth she could get. The queen couldn't possibly be any worse than the king, after all.

The queen began moving with a deafening series of clip-clops. "Let's get you out of here; I don't want to be here any longer than is necessary and I suspect you don't either. A lot has changed since you last saw your friends, Twilight." She began cantering out into the tunnel her blast had carved, which Twilight could see - even with her lolling, limp head - went all the way to the surface in the middle of the day.

Slowly, she got her voice working again. Twilight's throat was like stone and the words were soft, but she asked them regardless. "What's your... name?"

"My name?" The changeling chuckled, making the shell beneath Twilight move. "It's Chrysalis."

PreviousChapters Next