• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 8,335 Views, 1,584 Comments

Tainted Love: A Twysalis Prompt Tag Collab - Foals Errand



100-1500 word prompt mini fics celebrating the love between Twilight and Chrysalis. Forced or consensual. Prepare yourselves!

  • ...
46
 1,584
 8,335

PreviousChapters Next
Humming by lyra_lover777

by lyra_lover777

Twilight had no idea how she had been roped into this.

She looked around as the Ponytones plus Fluttershy sang out loud, their vocal chords doing overtime.

Fluttershy's hoof twisted awkwardly into Big Mac's grasp. He flashed her a sly smile before becoming one with the song once again.

She was beginning to hyperventilate, sweat dripping off of her brow while she shuffled her hooves nervously.

The crowd was loving the song. It was so silent. She could imagine their ears perked up, turned in just the right direction to collect the most of the flowing melody.

She licked her dry lips.

Soon she would see the crowd for herself.

She looked behind her. A lone stage worker rushed past her, speaking rapidly into a headset.

He stopped in front of her, his ill fitting spectacles barely staying a perch upon his snout.

"Get out there!" he whispered sharply before turning his back. Soon he disappeared, along with all of Twilight's courage.

She gulped, and took one step onto the stage.

Immediately she felt the searing heat of the stage lights bearing down on her skin. She winced a little as she shuffled forward a bit.

No wonder Fluttershy hates these things. she thought.

Her eyes then moved to the crowd.

Her ears pressed close to her head as she took a step back.

They were all intently watching, a few swaying with the tune quietly.

Then Twilight heard a splitting note the cascaded through the air like sweet honey to her ears.

It was her cue.

She sung.

Twilight was nowhere near as good a singer as Fluttershy, but she did have better chops then most other ponies out there.

Her breath was expelled from her mouth, and her music burst forth.

"Noooonononononono!" she sang, her voice naturally gritty.

The crowd was taken aback by her voice. They had been so captured by the performance that they hadn't realized the new addition to the stage.

Then she fell back, taking on the place of drums, her voice reminiscent of crashing symbols and beating snares.

Soon the performance ended. The curtains collapsed, covering the six spent ponies on stage and muting the sound of thousands of roaring hoofclops.

Big Mac quickly kissed Fluttershy before heading back stage with Toe Tapper to grab water for them all. Their lungs were overworked.

"Good job, hun!" Torch Song complemented. She then flashed a smile up at Twilight before turning away, fixing a few of the beads on her giant bee's hive mane.

She then promptly left the stage as well.

"Yeah, good job, darling!" Rarity squealed, flicking a bead of sweat of her forehead before enveloping Twilight in a deep hug.

When they split, Fluttershy agreed with Rarity's proclamation. She then quickly hugged Twilight before stepping away. She seemed uncomfortable, fidgeting the whole while.

Suddenly then Big Mac burst from back stage. Fluttershy's face immediately lit up, and she to was gone ,back stage, without a single goodbye.

Rarity sighed.

"Now it's just us two." she said before turning her back to Twilight, tiredly teleporting a broom to the stage. She then began to sweep sorrowfully.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, first it was Rainbow Dash. Sure, maybe she did hit Fluttershy, but then she eloped with the dung bag of a pony named Thunderlane. Have you heard a word out of her in the past year?"

Twilight thought long and hard, but was lost at the last time she had seen her rainbow maned friend.

"And then it was Pinkie. She met that Cheesy Sandwich, and ran of with him into the unknown. She might send letters every month, but we haven't seen her face in at least three years!"

Again, Twilight was forced to agree with Rarity.

"And then Applejack, running off with Caramel. Last time I saw her was six months ago at their wedding. And the last letter I got from her was three weeks ago, and it was about I had left a horn ring there. And then it arrived the next day in a box, the diamond gone, the silver tarnished, and the ring itself crooked and stained with who knows what!"

Twilight just merely nodded her head while Rarity motioned dramatically.

"And now it's happening to Fluttershy! All gone and hooked up with that hunk a hunk Big Mac...ungh."

Twilight could now see the crystal clear truth.

"So you're saying that they're going to get married soon, and then we'll be the only ones left not married?" Twilight said.

Rarity just nodded sadly.

"I bet my spa partner spot will be opening up in a few months..."

Twilight nuzzled Rarity's neck, smiling.

Rarity smiled back at her friend.

The noise of the crowd had long faded away. Most of the crowd had probably filed out of the large, makeshift amphitheater set outside the Everfree Forest.

Rarity tucked a loose lock of hair behind her ear, settling it with its mates.

"I must go now, darling. The Boutique awaits!"

The two giggled for a moment before Rarity left.

Soon even her hoofsteps were gone, and Twilight was alone.

Utterly.

She sighed. She slowly moved towards the exit of the stage, feeling as though she was in slow motion.

The second she broke from the structure, the dank forest greeting her with its wild and sweet smells and curious tunes, she felt a bit better.

Her eyes rested on a small, winding path, only two cobblestones wide, that wound to the heart of the jungle.

Twilight felt an insatiable thirst to go done that path and see what she would find come over her.

She broke into a gallop, and soon she was tearing down the path.

Her mane flew behind her like a dark cape while she ran. She vaulted over a fallen log, then swerved out of the way of a passing fox.

Soon a glow danced across the path.

Twilight stopped in her tracks, watching as the light formed into a little bunny.

It was a light green, reminiscent of slime.

But Twilight didn't mind. She watched it morph again, this time a ferocious wolf.

It snarled at her before turning into a little doe and scampering away.

A light tune twisted into her ear drums, ensnaring her in its beauty. Unbeknownst to her, her eyes had glazed over and she was neck deep in a trance.

She followed the doe, which flipped to an eagle and soared into the air, its wings beating it to lofty heights.

She spotted another wisp of light, this one a green mouse. It scampered through the underbush, pursued by a bright neon lime owl who's claws were ready to tear the mouse to pieces.

But then the mouse morphed into a bear, and swallowed the green owl whole.

Twilight changed her path. More and more light creatures wound their way around and to her. Soon the sound of rushing water joined the serenade and the sounds of the light beasts.

She broke through a thick grove of pines to see the most glorious sight she had ever beheld in her life.

A flowing waterfall, slow yet fast all at the same time, cascaded down a shelf of limestone, which was streaked with red, purple, and yellow.

The water was green, yellow, blue, red, pink, purple, orange, all at the same time. Creatures emerged from it, prancing and bounding around, playing with each other and occasionally snatching another up.

In the center of the pool at the bottom of the rushing, yet dripping waterfall, there was a pinpoint of green light.

A pony lay there. Sparks of magic sprung from her horn, hitting the strange H2O.

The sparks then, hitting the water, became shapes, the creatures.

A fox, a robin, and a frog, recently formed, bounded to the edge of the pond.

A Twilight was taken aback by the figure inside the pool.

Her teal mane, splayed around her, swirling in the greenish water as more and more embers of magic popped off of her horn.

Twilight felt herself continuing to move forward. She was there, now. There was no way out except to touch the water, then swim to the beauty, the wonderful, unimaginable beauty...

Her hoof touched the gentle waves of the pool.

Suddenly all the purple light there rushed towards her, gathering around her like eager puppies, hungry when you had a bag of treats.

Her horn sparked a single ounce of magic.

It hit the water, swirling in a purple ball until a figure broke through the surface.

It was a little sparrow. It darted through the air, chirping quietly.

Its song echoed in her mind, for it was the same song that had attracted her here.

Then she realized that all the animals were singing it, either if it was inside their hearts or out in the cool, open air, the song beat through all of them.

Even her.

She felt the song rise through her throat until she was singing, her raspy voice cutting above all others. Her horn became a faucet of magic, hundreds of creatures forming around her as she sang, becoming lost in the song of life while she slowly moved towards the beauty in the center of the pool.

Twilight looked down, watching a snake, then a deer, and then a hummingbird all pounce out of the water in a mere second.

Her voice increased volume, causing the flow of magic to somehow become even greater.

Soon her purple circle of water touched the beauty's circle.

The beauty sat up straight, and all the music stopped, except for Twilight's song, which twisted and curled through the air like an speedy cobra.

But then Twilight looked into the eyes of the beauty.

They were cold as ice.

And soon her song petered out until it was just a whisper, a shrivel of noise.

And soon it was entirely gone, just a beating rhythm in her heart.

PreviousChapters Next