• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 8,336 Views, 1,584 Comments

Tainted Love: A Twysalis Prompt Tag Collab - Foals Errand



100-1500 word prompt mini fics celebrating the love between Twilight and Chrysalis. Forced or consensual. Prepare yourselves!

  • ...
46
 1,584
 8,336

PreviousChapters Next
Mural by TheMusicalBoy93 (Future Sad)

by TheMusicalBoy93

Marble Masterpiece stepped back from her latest installation, nodding to herself in approval. She looked at the paintbrush she had laid down to dry, taking in the sight of the three balloons etched into the handle. The brush had been handed down to her from her mother; Penned Sketch, who told her the art set the brush came with was a family heirloom, dating back over twenty generations – the original owner of the arts and crafts set being her great-great-great-insert-appropriate-amount-of-greats-grandmother Pencil Craft; the eldest daughter of the Element of Laughter; Pinkie Pie. Equestria became a very different place, almost overnight, when the Elements of Harmony started dying off.

Rarity had been the first; having suffered a massive stroke that landed her in a coma for two weeks before she passed away in her slumber, surrounded by her six lovely children and her widower; Spike. The six Thestrals went on to work for Princess Luna’s night court, while Spike confined himself to the usual dragon way of life. Though, he did maintain contact with Princess Twilight Sparkle; acting as a sort of, unofficial, ambassador for the dragon clan. The mighty dragon had passed away over four hundred years later, happily succumbing to fatal injuries during the Great Dragon Uprising. His final words were well documented; “When I see Rarity again, I will tell her that dragons and ponies are finally living in harmony”; and he was right. A month after Spike’s death, the Dragon King; Rhosalth, the Lord of Fire, agreed to negotiate with Princess Twilight for peace between the clans.

Applejack was the second of the Elements to go; dying with a smile on her face as she kissed goodnight to her four children, six grandchildren and four great grandchildren at the ripe old age of one hundred and two years old. Her legacy continued and, while many other businesses and companies moved with the times and employed more mechanical equipment, Sweet Apple Acres stuck to its old Earth pony roots, and became Equestria’s biggest pony employing company – employing over a hundred thousand ponies every year, and holding the nation’s apple market in one giant monopoly.

Pinkie Pie died doing what she loved most. According to attendees to her last party, when asked what the party was about, Pinkie announced she had had a quivering knee, eye flutter, ear flop and twitchy nose. She revealed that the combo signaled her upcoming demise and, true to her word, Pinkie Pie was announced dead the following morning.

Rainbow Dash, by far, made the biggest splash when she died. Or, rather, the biggest boom. She had achieved her goal of becoming a Wonderbolt; rising through the ranks to captain before retiring from the corps and becoming the Wonderbolts Director until her death. The prismatic pony resigned from her post as the Director of the team she admired; passing down the title to her daughter; Blazing Glory, before – she claimed – “flying home”. She never intended on reaching her home, however. While she was flying over Canterlot Castle, she began to push her body to its absolute limits. She flew faster than any pony over the age of eighty had ever flown before. Rainbow successfully executed one final Sonic Rainboom and, in the process, reduced herself to ash and cinders in the process. Many news mediums attempted to call her death a “cowardly suicide”, but were quickly put to shame by the oldest daughter of Rainbow’s adopted daughter, Scootaloo. The former Wonderbolt’s adopted granddaughter; Lightning Reflex, announced on national broadcast that her grandmother was always a fan of spectacle, and this supposed “suicide” was her way of leaving the world in style, and that she would be remembered for being a showmare to the end.

The last of the Elements to die was Fluttershy; who died quietly and unnoticed by many in her cottage, and was laid to rest by her animal friends when her best friend; Discord, announced her passing. The draconequus continued her legacy alone, finding love in the form of Fluttershy’s youngest daughter; Butter Cream, who worked as a baker, having been Pinkie Pie’s apprentice for ten years before the party pony’s death. Discord passed nearly a millennium after; having decided his time had come, and he was ready to rest. He died instantaneously, and his body turned into clouds of cotton candy that shrouded Equestria in pink shadow for three days, offering the odd shower of chocolate milk during the midday hours.

Princess Twilight Sparkle and her wife; Queen Chrysalis Bladequeen, were left to rule Equestria together after the passing of the Celestial Sisters.

Celestia ascended to the spirit realm two hundred years after the return of her sister, Luna, leaving the Princess of the Night heartbroken. Twenty years later, Luna began visiting ponies in their dreams, telling them to look to the skies and look, not just at the clouds and the sun in the day, or just look at the moon and stars at night. Instead, she wished them to look up at the sky and see hope, and harmony for all who live under its careful watch. A year later, on what was once celebrated as Nightmare Night; the night Nightmare Moon was banished, and the night Princess Luna returned, Luna performed – what could only be described as – a miracle. She looked to the stars and proclaimed.

“This shall no longer be the night to remember the banishment of Nightmare Moon, nor the return of Princess Luna!” The Alicorn ignited her horn and announced to the nation, in a Canterlot Voice that echoed from Equestria to the lands beyond; “This shall be the night that the Heavens were brought together in perfect harmony!” And with a flash of magic, the Princess of the Night brought forth the sun, and aligned it side by side with the moon. And, for the next hour, the sky was both night and day, in perfect harmony. Neither of the celestial bodies competed for dominance over the sky, and the stars and clouds both floated above the ponies below in perfect synchronisation. It was a tremendous sight to behold. And one that was documented by many. When the sky returned to the dead of night, however, Princess Luna was nowhere to be found.

Princess Twilight and Queen Chrysalis resumed the throne of Equestria, taking on the burdens of controlling the sun and moon, respectively. The Crystal Empire allied itself to Equestria, and later joined its borders.

Prince Shining Armour died in the arms of his wife, happy with all he had achieved in his life, and in the knowledge that his legacy would not soon be forgotten. Princess Cadance joined him a decade later; finding her purpose of spreading love between ponies an exercise of futility, after the loss of her own true love.

Twilight and Chrysalis ruled Equestria side by side, maintaining harmony, friendship and love for over two thousand years, before an ancient force awoke from the Badlands.

An old volcano, once believed to have been extinct, suddenly became active, and a giant lava creature climbed from the pit of the mountain, naming itself Lavan; an ancient king of an extinct race of lava creatures that tried to overthrow the ponies over ten thousand years ago. The lava king raised an army of countless lava people, and attempted to overthrow Equestria in – what would later be referred to as – the War of Fire.

Half the population of Equestria battled against the lava monsters, and half the army lost their lives fighting for their families. In the end, it was Twilight Sparkle and Queen Chryslis’ love for each other, and their kingdom, that destroyed Lavan and his army – as well as the Equestrian Rulers themselves.

Marble Masterpiece reviewed her mural; a perfect timeline of all the Elements of Harmony had done for their homelands. The Return of Princess Luna. The Defeat of Discord. The Rediscovery of the Crystal Empire. Discord’s Reformation. Twilight’s Ascension. The Defeat of Tirek. Twilight and Chrysalis’ Marriage. Luna’s Night of Harmony. And the Victory of the War of Fire.

Marble turned as the sound of hooves clacking against the crystal floor echoed through the palace hall. Kerrigan Bladequeen; the only daughter of Princess Twilight Sparkle and Queen Chrysalis Bladequeen; Blade of the Swarm and, soon to be coronated, Queen of Blades, walked up to her subject and gazed upon her masterpiece. A warm smile stretched across her face as she turned to the artist with a grateful bow of her head.

“It is perfect,” she commended, warmly, “in every way.” Marble bowed deeply in appreciation before Kerrigan offered her a hoof and lifted her to her hooves.

“I’m glad you approve, your highness.” Marble smiled as she gazed once more upon her proudest work. “Now your mother may be remembered forever. As will their friends.” Kerrigan smiled and draped a gossamer wing over the artist’s withers.

“Yes. And we shall see to it that their legacy lives on forever.” The future Queen of Blades smiled, happy in the knowledge that her mothers were watching her from the Fields of Elysium, and smiling down upon her.

PreviousChapters Next