• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 8,338 Views, 1,584 Comments

Tainted Love: A Twysalis Prompt Tag Collab - Foals Errand



100-1500 word prompt mini fics celebrating the love between Twilight and Chrysalis. Forced or consensual. Prepare yourselves!

  • ...
46
 1,584
 8,338

PreviousChapters Next
Rarity by TheMusicalBoy93 (Second date?)

by TheMusicalBoy93

“I just don’t understand, darling.” Rarity scratched her chin as she pawed over her notebook, crossing out the latest in a long line of names. “Whatever happened on your date with Hugh Jelly?” Twilight rolled her eyes and rubbed her temples with a frustrated huff at the mention of the stallion’s name.

“Have you ever seen a stallion get himself off by immersing himself in a giant pot of jelly?” The Alicorn cringed at the memory; the awkward walk back home after the display, and the four hour hot shower she subjected herself to before curling up in bed with Smarty Pants the Second. Rarity shuddered at the thought, looking once more at the list of ponies she had set her friend up with.

After trying to pursue a relationship with Flash Sentry from the guard of the Crystal Empire – which, subsequently, ended in Twilight getting her heart broken, because Flash Sentry turned out to be an arrogant sack of horse apples – Rarity had made it her sworn purpose to play matchmaker for her friend. She’d decided with the princess to organise a weekly meet up, where Rarity would ask Twilight what her preferences were, what she looked for in a partner, if she had any turn-ons, or turnoffs, and any other details she wanted to specify.

So far, not one matchup had made it past the second date. And it was starting to frustrate the alabaster seamstress. Not to say that Twilight was to blame. She was really trying to move on from the Flash Sentry incident, and try to open herself up to new potential partners, but nothing was working out. She was just too upset after learning how arrogant, stuck up and self-centred Flash Sentry was.

“Well, never fear Twilight. I have one more pony in mind for you.” Rarity chewed her lip as she looked at the, now very barren, list of potential suitors for the newly crowned Princess of Friendship. There was only one name left, and it was – by far – a long shot. Earlier in the year, Queen Chrysalis Bladequeen had come crawling to Ponyville, begging for asylum and allegiance with Equestria. After being forcibly ejected from Canterlot at the wedding of Twilight’s brother and her foalsitter, the changelings fell on very hard times. The hive was separated, and trying to regroup them all had taken a lot of time, and was incredibly perilous. However, once the hive was back together, a new problem arose. A group of vigilante ponies, calling themselves the Exterminators, set about attempting to hunt down and kill Chrysalis and her hive. Stricken, weak and ill-equipped to defend her hive, Chrysalis swallowed her pride and begged Celestia for reconciliation between their kinds. Luckily for the changelings, Celestia was willing to offer them a final chance.

Chrysalis was ordered to take residence in the Palace of Friendship, under Twilight’s supervision. Four weeks ago, the changeling came to Rarity as her boutique, looking very bedraggled and sleep depraved. Once the two mares had helped themselves to a couple of cups of chamomile tea, Chrysalis informed the dressmaker that she was in love with the Alicorn, and came to her seeking advice. Rarity, though shocked by the confession, was happy to learn that the former villainous queen had grown to think of Twilight in an affectionate light, so offered to add her name to the list of suitors she was setting the princess up with.

However, Rarity hadn’t dared try hooking Twilight up with the changeling until she was absolutely sure that there were no other options. It wasn’t that she still distrusted Chrysalis; the changeling queen had put her fears to rest months ago. She was just afraid of how Twilight would react to such a radical suggestion. Rarity fidgeted a little in her seat as she drank the last remaining dregs of her tea before looking up at Twilight’s defeated expression.

“Rarity, look. I appreciate the effort, truly I do. But it’s clear that there just isn’t a special somepony for me.” Twilight lifted herself from her chair and started toward the door, before a white hoof tapped her on the shoulder. The Alicorn turned to face the fashionista, who wore a look of trepidation on her face.

“Actually, darling… there’s one more suitor I had lined up for you,” the alabaster unicorn twirled her coiffure around her hoof as she stumbled for words. “And, well, she’s expressed an interest in you.” Twilight’s eyes twinkled hopefully. “It’s Chrysalis.” And her wings sprang outstretched at the mention of the suitor.

“Chr-Chr-Chrysalis? As in queen Chrysalis? As in the queen of the changelings, Chrysalis?” Rarity rolled her eyes at the obvious nature of the responses to Twilight’s rhetorical questions.

“Of course, darling. Who else could I be referring to?” Twilight’s face flushed bright crimson, and she rubbed her foreleg with a hoof as she tried to find a point of focus that didn’t include Rarity in it.

“I-I don’t know, Rarity. What would ponies do if the Princess of Friendship started dating the queen of the changelings? I mean, Chrysalis is still a wanted mare, with a bounty on her head.”

“Oh, don’t you worry about that, darling,” Rarity waved a dismissive hoof with a smile. “Just give her a chance. She seemed pretty smitten with you when she came to me for advice.” Twilight blushed, but offered no protest as she made her way to her palace to ask Chrysalis out on a date.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Venom Tack rolled her eyes as she watched Chrysalis rush around her bedroom in a tizzy, alternating between fussing over her hair and makeup to picking out a dress to wear to the restaurant, and making no progress in either.

“My queen, I honestly see no reason for all this concern,” the changeling said, watching the queen wrestle with a navy blue dress she had made for one of Celestia’s Grand Galloping Galas. “I’m sure Princess Twilight doesn’t mind what you look like, so long as you enjoy yourself on your date.

Chrysalis paused in her frantic panic and took a deep breath, counting to ten in her head. She made a mental note to thank Cadance for teaching her this technique.

“You’re right.” She turned to her subject with a smile and nuzzled her gratefully. “Twilight is the princess of friendship. I’m sure that, if I relax and just enjoy my time with her, things will go smoothly.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Chrysalis turned the tap on full blast and willed the torrent of water to splash her in the face with her magic. The date was a total disaster. She clammed up when Twilight asked her what made the changeling queen fall in love with her and, when the waiter delivered their soup starters, she spat some of hers on Twilight’s dress because it was too hot. Chrysalis fell back on her haunches and cupped her face in her hooves as she reflected on what a terrible night Twilight must’ve thought this was. Her ears twitched at the sound of the bathroom door creaking open, and looked up to see Twilight walking up to her, her eyes full of concern and worry.

“Are you OK, Chryssy?” the changeling queen shivered at the Alicorn’s pet name for her, but sadly shook her head.

“I’m so sorry, Twilight,” she whimpered. “I ruined our evening. I must look a fool to you.” The changeling slumped to the floor in misery, but a purple hoof gently cupped her chin and brought her eyes up to meet Twilight’s soft smile.

“Actually, I haven’t had this much fun in a while,” the Alicorn princess smiled as her date’s eyes bugged out. “So what there were a few hiccups? I’ve made my fair share of mistakes and stumbles. That’s part of what makes me a pony.” She helped Chrysalis to her hooves and dusted her gown. “I’d be happy to go on a second date.” The Alicorn nuzzled the queen’s thorax, which made Chrysalis’ heart pound happily. Twilight blushed as she thought back to her discussion with Rarity about giving the changeling a chance. She silently promised herself to thank the dressmaker sometime. Maybe she could find her a special somepony of her own…

PreviousChapters Next