• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 8,325 Views, 1,584 Comments

Tainted Love: A Twysalis Prompt Tag Collab - Foals Errand



100-1500 word prompt mini fics celebrating the love between Twilight and Chrysalis. Forced or consensual. Prepare yourselves!

  • ...
46
 1,584
 8,325

PreviousChapters Next
Sing by TheMusicalBoy93 (Musical, adorable!)

by TheMusicalBoy93

Chrysalis stood outside the Palace of Friendship. The only light from the crystal tree was the moonlight dancing over its crystalline trunk. She shifted from one holey hoof to the other. Looking up, she could clearly see the landing that lead to Twilight’s bedroom. For many months now, Chrysalis and Twilight had been meeting for diplomatic discussions, after Chrysalis found her hive landing on hard times. She all but begged Princess Celestia to allow her to meet with somepony in power to try and reach some form of agreement, hopefully even alliance in the distant future, between ponies and changelings. Celestia decided that Twilight, the freshly crowned Princess of Friendship, should be the one to attend the meetings with her. Chrysalis was forever in Celestia’s debt that she had allowed the changelings a chance to redeem themselves. What she didn’t expect was to fall in love with her diplomatic correspondent.

She looked around at her assembled changeling subjects, each baring a look of anticipation and anxiety, much like her own. They were nervous of being caught in pony territory outside of diplomatic discussion, but they wanted to support their queen in her hour of need. This was a big move for her. She was going to do something she had never done for anyone. She was going to sing.

The changeling queen drew a deep, greedy breath and steeled her nerves as best she could. She glanced up once more to the distant balcony overhead, before turning to her followers and giving a small, near imperceptible, nod. One of the changelings took a swift breath and began singing the bass line for his queen’s song. The changeling to his left joined in with the tenor line, while the changeling to his right added her alto harmony. Finding their rhythm, the changelings began chorusing their instrumental as Chrysalis closed her eyes, and readied herself for her impromptu concert.

“Don’t go stealing my love

I couldn’t if I tried

Honey if I get restless

Please know I’m not that kind,”


A light flickered into live from Twilight’s window, although it was shrouded by a dark magenta curtain, so the choir on the ground couldn’t see what effect they were having on the inhabitants.

“Don’t go stealing my love

Please see the good in me

Honey, when you first met me

You could see through me

Nopony knows it

When I was bad

And that was all that I had

Nopony knows it

Right from the start

You wormed right into my heart

You wormed right into my heart,”

The glass doors opened and a bleary-eyed Twilight plodded out onto the balcony, rubbing her eyes as she came to investigate the noise. She placed her forehooves on the railing of the balcony and looked down. Her eyes shot wide open when she realised she was looking at three changelings and a queen, singing away in the moonlight.

“So don’t go stealing my love

Cos I’m not stealing your love,”

Chrysalis looked up to find Twilight looking down at her with her hooves jammed into her maw, a look of shock on her face. She hoped it was a good sign, but carried on.

“Don’t go stealing my love,”

The changelings harmonised, before the three drones released an array of bright, vibrant coloured beams of light from their horns, the colours dancing through the night sky like a disco for fireflies.

“Nopony told me

And nopony showed me

And now I need you, babe

Can you help me make it?

So don’t misunderstand me

You put the good in my heart

You put the gleam in my eye

You gave a brand new start,”

Chrysalis was now lost in her own words, pouring her heart and soul out to the beautiful purple mare who watched her from her balcony, bobbing her head along to the tune.

“Don’t go stealing my love

Please see the good in me

Honey, when you first met me

You could see through me

Nopony knows it

When I was bad

And that was all that I had

Nopony knows it

Right from the start

You wormed right into my heart

You wormed right into my heart

So don’t go stealing my love

Cos I’m not stealing your love,

Don’t go stealing my love

Nopony knows it

When I was bad

And that was all that I had

Nopony knows it

Right from the start

You wormed right into my heart

You wormed right into my heart

Don’t go stealing my love

Cos I’m not stealing your love,

Don’t go stealing my love”

Chrysalis finished her song and looked up to see Twilight trying to discreetly wipe her eyes dry. The Alicorn princess gave the changeling queen a heartfelt smile before disappearing back into her room. Chrysalis felt a pang of despair pierce her heart, as she watched Twilight run back inside without a word. She was ready to turn tail and flee, until she noticed something fluttering down towards her from the corner of her eye. She looked up and found a small white handkerchief softly falling toward her on the cool night breeze. She extended a green tendril of her aura to catch the cloth and hold it to her face. The changeling mare stepped up to her with a quizzical look on her face.

“What does that mean?” She queried.

“I think,” Chrysalis smiled to herself as she looked up to the abandoned balcony. “It’s a ‘maybe’.”

PreviousChapters Next