• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 8,331 Views, 1,584 Comments

Tainted Love: A Twysalis Prompt Tag Collab - Foals Errand



100-1500 word prompt mini fics celebrating the love between Twilight and Chrysalis. Forced or consensual. Prepare yourselves!

  • ...
46
 1,584
 8,331

Chapters Next
1) Love by Europa (Slice of Life)

By Europa

Twilight reflected that maybe bringing her marefriend - or workerfriend, as she called it - to visit her old foalsitter may not have been her best idea, up there with Want-It-Need-It, placing an invisibility cloak on Spike's pet phoenix who lived in a tree, and building the ceiling of her book forts out of heavy encyclopedias.

Chryssy and Cadance hadn't stopped glaring at each other for the past half hour. The three of them sat around the dining table inside the Crystal Palace. In front of Twilight was a plate of buttered crystal rolls, and across from her, Cadance's plate of spaghetti and hayballs was being pulled into a vortex by the alicorn's eternally twirling fork. Chrysalis herself didn't have a plate, but if Twilight looked closely she could see tiny motes of blue energy from the Crystal Heart forming around her crooked horn and slowly trickling down into the changeling queen's head.

"So," Cadance said at last, breaking eye contact with Chrysalis to look at Twilight. She cringed downwards, her wings ruffling, under the immense weight of the Disappointed Foalsitter look.

"You and her."

"What can I say?" Twilight said. "She grows on you."

"Mmhmm."

Chrysalis took that moment to speak up. "Twilight's a very... fortunate worker to have grown up with a sitter like you," she said. Mentally, Twilight gave her points for trying to be polite. "I'll admit, the reason I was so bad at taking your place was that I thought you'd, based on the other pony with Celestia for an aunt, act more like a spoiled noble. I'm so... happy to have been proven wrong and - " She turned towards Twilight, eyes wide and pleading and she is so adorable like that. "Can we leave?" she hissed. "All this awkwardness smells so sour!"

Not even phased by the connection between emotion and taste, Twilight responded by saying, "I know, I know," she said. Then, after a pause. "Alright, I don't quite know, but it's not comfortable for me either." Under the table she placed a hoof on Chryssy's own hardened, chitinous one. "You agreed to this."

Chrysalis muttered something under her breath in Hemipid, likely a curse. "I did, didn't I?" She shook her head, the hole filled but surprisingly smooth and it feels so soft on my coat mane flying with the motion. "The things I do for love."

Cadance cleared her throat. "Yes, well," she said nervously. "I suppose that if Twilight can feel that way for you, I should just be happy for the two of you, shouldn't I?" This was so unlike the Cadance that Twilight knew, full of warmth and love. She really hoped that she'd warm up to Chryssy; it'd been five years since the alliance was forged, she felt it was long overdue.

The alicorn of love put on a smile. "Twily, I really am happy you found somepony." A cough. "Someling," she corrected. "Don't get me wrong, I am, it's just... you know. Old wounds."

Twilight nodded. "I know." She looked over at Chrysalis, then back at Cadance. "But can't you two try and work over them? For me?" she pleaded.

"Alright."

"Alright, dear."

"Great!" she looked over at Chrysalis. "And, um, think you can let him down now?" she said, motioning towards the ceiling where her BBBFF hung in a changeling cocoon, forehooves crossed and looking generally miserable.

"But, but his love!" Chrysalis pouted cutely.

"Chryssy..." she said warningly.

"Fine, fine. I'll let him down after dessert."

Twilight sighed and shook her head. "Good enough." She leaned in to Chrysalis, and the queen responded in kind, the two of them sharing a brief kiss before parting.

"Eeeee!" Cadance squealed happily in the background, all previous discomfort forgotten.

Author's Note:

Welcome our first Author Europa!

Chapters Next