• Published 16th Apr 2012
  • 2,241 Views, 24 Comments

It calls itself Nightmare - Slick Dash



Luna's diary entries from her final 13 days before she became the dreaded Nightmare Moon!

  • ...
1
 24
 2,241

Days: 10, 11 & 12

From the desk of the second princess of Equestria: Luna.

Day: 10

Last night the voice called to me in my dreams, I saw a cloud of magic sprinkled with what seemed like stars, but nothing else. And in that dark and foreign land of my mind, it told me its name.

It calls itself nightmare. Fitting, I suppose. I’m scared. I’m lonely. I need Strafe, but I pushed him away, I need Tia, but I kept her locked out from the entire affair.

This really is a nightmare, a nightmare come to life before my very eyes!
..........................................................................................

From the desk of the second princess of Equestria: Luna.

Day: 11

Everypony talks and whispers behind my back. Whenever I walk into a room, it all grows silent and no one looks me in the eye. I must be quite the scandal I suppose, a princess beginning to fade into madness. How much did everypony really know about the situation? How much had they guessed?

I came to the throne room; I had decided to speak with Tia. I needed to tell her what is happening to me. When I got there, she was in a meeting, so I waited outside. I waited for about ten minutes, then the meeting came to an end. The doors opened, and I strode in to the room, only to be met by the beautiful face of Strafe.

He looked miserable. His eyes were red, and he looked as though he hadn’t slept all night. Seeing him in such a state broke my heart. I wanted to hold him, to tell him I was sorry for what I had done to him. But as I opened my mouth to speak to him my sister called me in to the throne room.

I was torn, between finally telling my sister and comforting the stallion I loved. He didn’t do anything; he simply stood there in front of me. Waiting for my decision. Yet again, I hate myself for what I did to him. I walked past him without a word and went to speak to Tia. I could swear I heard him sigh, or let out some sound. Then the doors slammed shut between us.

I explained everything to Tia, why I was so tired, the voice in my dreams, how wonderfully helpful Strafe had been, I told her everything. Tia only sat there; she listened to everything I had to say without anger and judgement in her eyes, and when I finished she grew thoughtful.

I must have been in there for a good hour while she deliberated over the issue silently. Then she told me to leave, without so much as a consoling word to me, HER SISTER!

I’m now back in my own chambers, I’ve sent for Strafe. Hopefully he will heed my call, I need him tonight. More than ever before! I need my love to be with me now that I mean nothing!
.............................................................................................

From the desk of the second princess of Equestria: Luna.

Day: 12

He didn’t come! I stayed awake as long as possible, but Strafe never came. I know I’ve hurt him, but how am I to reconcile if he refuses to see me? I can feel Nightmare creeping into my thoughts again, the spectre tells me that I cannot trust Strafe. He will betray me, so will Tia. So will everypony else!

I’m finding it harder and harder to find fault in Nightmare’s words. Tia now controls both aspects of life, making me useless. Strafe is now ignoring me, leaving me the second I have no responsibilities left. Is it possible, that he never felt anything for me?