• Published 19th Aug 2014
  • 5,938 Views, 61 Comments

Sweet Hearts and Princesses - lollipopchica



Dismayed by the price of royalty, a changeling princess turns her back on her heritage and unintentionally falls in love while trying to build a life for herself.

  • ...
14
 61
 5,938

Chapter 3

Oceania grinned to herself as her male companion pressed openmouthed kisses to her neck. A beautiful perlino colored unicorn with a Persian green mane piled elaborately atop her head, Oceania's eyes were a lovely sea green and her cutie mark consisted of three gold musical notes.

The duo were locked away in the starlet's personal dressing room. Dressed in dark silk with gold accents, the room reflected the mare's personality.

"Why in such a rush?" She purred with her Prench accent as the stallion known as Griffin Kron moved upward searching for her mouth. The two were seated on an oversized divan.

"Oceania…" He groaned excited by the coy act of the Prance-born singer. "C'mere…"

She allowed him a teasing kiss as she pressed her body closer to his making his desire flare. She could feel him stiffen as she became synonymous with his wants. Dainty hooves traced over firm muscle as sea green eyes stared upon their latest prey with wanton promise.

"You wish to hold me, no?"

The stallion hummed as he wrapped his forelegs around the striking creature in his grasp keeping her close.

"Kiss me…" She breathed sultrily in his ear before claiming his mouth in a playful embrace of lips. Griffin groaned as he allowed himself to indulge in what the perlino colored mare was offering. "Love me…" she moaned as she felt his desire for her bringing about her own craving.

The silver dappled bay pony wanted to take her then and there, but the debonair mare had other plans. "Let me sing for you…" She breathed in the space between them before suckling on his bottom lip in a suggestive manner. "Please, Lieu-ten-tant…" She pulled away to stare down on him with complacent irises of sea green.

Entranced, the stallion agreed as he allowed her to turn him around. A coquettish smile spread across her creamy colored muzzle as she eased the military pony onto his stomach. Feminine hooves massaged strong muscle as she sang words from an ancient song of want. Oceania's voice sounded sweet as honey and rich as amber. It was hypnotic and Griffin found he was no match against the enchantress' ultimate wile.

Oceania's dulcet song sounded amoroso in the stallion's mind as his eyes closed and he fell deeper under her spell. He could feel her supple form beneath his writhing in pleasure as he satisfied his own lust and desires. Such beauty… and such gratification.

Oceania smirked as her spell had taken effect. The unconscious stallion sprawled out before her glowed a soft chartreuse with the effects of her magic. She could taste his want for her and it was such a sweet reprieve despite the over-bearing taste of his desire. She chuckled darkly to herself as he trembled and moaned under her suggestion.

Feasting on the amorous emotion her spell extracted, she sighed as her body was nourished through the deceptive magic. After she was sated, Oceania released the stallion from her control. It took him a little while to come to.

Griffin moaned as he awoke from his slumber. "What happened?"

Oceania stared at the stallion with a pout on her coquettish features. "You fell asleep…" She muttered in her native tongue before turning her narrowed eyes onto the stallion. "Am I not desirable enough for you?"

Confused by this turn of his events, Griffin immediately tried to pacify the affronted mare who was a whirlwind of Prench curses and offended tears as she paced the room throwing vases and clothing at him.

The poor stallion never stood a chance.

*QUIERO***TU***AMOR*

Chrysalis frowned to herself as she walked the deserted streets of Canterlot. It was three in the morning and the Changeling Princess had just gotten off work. Mad Moxxie's XOXO was the name of the cabaret her persona Oceania was employed as a show pony.

The job was glamorous in a way as Oceania had many admirers who adored and worshipped her. Their lustful emotions kept her from starving which was all she was worried about. Lust and admiration were closely associated with love but they weren't nearly as sweet or as filling as her choice emotion. But then again, it didn't much matter as Oceania was known for her provocative personality and voracious appetite for attention. Thanks to this personality's self-indulgent attitude, she only had to work a few nights out of the week to sustain herself.

Deciding to drop her work disguise as she moved, Chrysalis allowed her fiery green magic to swallow her Oceania features leaving the coat and mane of Chrystal Emerald, her preferred disguise. The Changeling Princess wasn't too concerned about being seen as the streets were relatively empty. She contemplated walking as herself but decided against it as the royal guard were always out patrolling at these hours.

Her work as a show pony paid well enough but it was more about the feeding than making a name. It was actually kind of fun being Oceania as interactions with the starlet's suitors left her with a feeling of empowerment. There was an art to seduction and with every escapade she learned something new from her unwitting prey.

Even though, she never had 'relations' with her meal tickets. 'We give enough for the hive,' her mother had said. 'We shouldn't have to give that as well. There are spells for those kinds of things.' She hadn't the time nor the energy for the maintenance it would require to sustain two separate identities.

With a big yawn she realized she was more tired than she thought. Despite having just fed, the magic needed to amplify her sustenance was complicated. It was a good thing her apartment was a few blocks ahead.

Halting in her steps, the Changeling Princess was sure she heard voices.

Squinting ahead, she noticed three earth ponies standing on the corner laughing and talking. There was a grey pony, an olive pony and a light brown pony.

"What I wouldn't give to pound that Oceania…" The grey pony slurred.

"Yeah," snickered his olive friend. "Bitch is hott."

"But you know how uppity unicorns are…"

"Yea… but for Oceania, I'd take the abuse."

Chrysalis wrinkled her nose at the smell of alcohol and their lewd words. Ponies could be so crass, she thought preparing to walk by the trio.

The three continued to laugh and joke until they caught sight of the dark mare.

"Well, well lookey here."

"Hey baby… Where you going?

Chrysalis held her head high and kept her eyes forward. Crass indeed.

"Don't you hear us talking to you," the brown one growled reaching out to grab her.

Chrysalis dodged his hoof and snapped at him. "Careful," She hissed with a dangerous glint in her eyes. "I bite." She couldn't believe the gall of these ponies, she was not in the mood to deal with intoxicated idiots.

His friends chuckled. "Ooh… frisky bitch," sang the olive pony. "

"Teach her some manners Flint." Cajoled the grey one.

Flint showcased a cruel grin, "S'okay sug, all you need is a good ride to remind you of your place in the world."

Chrysalis straightened from her defensive position, throwing her silvery-teal mane back as she laughed in their faces despite the indignation flowing in her royal veins. "As if you could handle a mare like me." She flicked her tail in a sign of disrespect. "I don't dirty my hooves with filth. Now, I suggest you foals run along before you wind up hurt or dead. Whichever comes last." She said the last part as she brought a hoof up for casual inspection. If these ponies thought she was intimated, they were sorely mistaken.

Shocked at her tenacity the three stared at the mare as her threat sunk in.

"Did you just threaten us?" The pony named Flint voiced stepping up with a hard look on his face. His friends took his flanks showcasing hostile glares of their own.

Chrysalis laughed as she brought her gaze up, unfazed by the anger she tasted in their emotions. "No. It was more of a promise." Their response was instantaneous as the olive pony was the first to lunge, looking to strike her with his hoof. Chrysalis jumped back raising on her hind legs lashing out with her forelegs in her own attempt. Catching the pony atop his head, she wasted no time bringing down her other hoof hoping to stun the angry stallion.

The olive pony seemed not to feel it as he took her down in a tackle. The two rolled out into the street and Chrysalis yelped when she felt his back legs slam into her midsection knocking the wind out of her as well as catapulting her over his head. Using her magic to boost her stamina and strength, she recovered quicker rolling onto her feet. The charcoal colored mare wasted no time as she shot herself forward catching the pony with a vicious uppercut with the back of her head. Grunting, the olive colored pony landed on his back hurt by the sheer force that went into the strike. Having no qualms with kicking a downed enemy, she made sure he was out by following up with a hard back kick to the face.

With one down, Chrysalis was ready when the other two charged at her with the intent to incapacitate. Charging her horn, she fired a bolt of green magic at the grey one, knocking his feet from underneath him causing him to tumble forward in a heap of limbs as his face scraped cobblestone. Trying to catch Flint with the same attack, she couldn't hit him as the earth pony was quicker, dodging her bolts.

Growling in anger, the brown pony struck her with his own head-butt knocking the Changeling Princess on her back. Before she could recover, the angered stallion was atop of her with a viscous sneer on his face as he pinned her limbs. "I don't take too kindly to back sass," he growled. "I reckon I ought to teach you some manners." He slammed his hoof against her face leaving her painfully disoriented. Chrysalis groaned as the stallion flipped her onto her stomach, and pressed her face onto the ground with one of his hooves. Grunting, she squirmed beneath him trying her hardest to break his grip.

"Stop it!" He growled striking her again. Moaning at the explosion of pain, the dark mare could feel her mouth fill with blood as the blow rattled her teeth. How could this have happened? Her mind supplied as the effects of her magic boost faded leaving her pained and winded. Everything was out of focus as her head throbbed painfully.

Despite the spots in her vision and realization that something was physically wrong, Chrysalis knew she could not give up if she wanted to survive this situation with her dignity intact. Concentrating as much as her condition would allow, she gathered as much energy as she could without drawing attention to her intentions.

"You gon' behave?" Flint barked maliciously as he applied pressure to her head mashing her skull against cobblestone.

"Ah…Yes!" Chrysalis cried out as the pain intensified. Her pride had gotten her in this situation but if she wanted out she'd have to play up the victim role. "Please!" she begged convincingly, praying to whoever listening that he'd let her up long enough to make her move.

"Better," he smirked pompously. Groans could be heard as the other two were slowly regaining consciousness.

She wasn't used to being challenged so brazenly and it showed now that the severity of the situation sank in. With her new life came new challenges and sacrifices. Her pride had been hard to break and now she was paying for it. Swallowing nervously as she felt the cold talons of panic grip her spine, Chrysalis knew there was no way she could take on the three of them again. She had to hurry this along. "I-I shouldn't have said those things," she spoke quickly and pleadingly. "Please! Just let me go- I'm sorry… I've learned my lesson!"

"No talking!" He reminded yanking her up painfully by her hair. She cried out at the harsh treatment but wasted no time taking advantage of her opening. Squeezing her eyes shut, the disguised changeling princess unleashed a bright green flash of magic that had her attacker spitting curses.

"Stupid bitch!" Flint screamed as the flare had went off right in his face. Somehow he managed to keep a hoof on Chrysalis who struck him in the gut with a hard elbow. "Let go!" She growled, putting everything she had into another strike.

The stallion groaned as the second elbow drove in hard making him release his hold in both pain and surprise. The charcoal colored mare fell forward and managed to stumble onto her hooves. Moving as fast as her battered body would allow, Chrysalis pushed herself into a sprint refusing to glance back.

Keep moving, she panted to herself as her vision darkened, and what little energy she had left began to fade.

The sound of hoof prints caught her attention and Chrysalis in her panic tripped over her own feet tumbling hard into something solid. She was vaguely aware of the figure in front of her as the force of her stop knocked her out cold.

*QUIERO***TU***AMOR*

The teal haired princess wanted so badly to move, to spit, curse- anything- but found that she was rooted in place by some unseen force. Chrysalis remembered Kira Wynn and the energy transfer her mother had to perform to fight her mind's deterioration. She could still hear the poor mare's screams causing tears to fill her eyes. Why did it have to happen like that? Why had her mother shown that?

"Mother, Don't!"

When would she stop thinking of that day… of having this dream…

Her pulse was racing as she found herself struggling to catch her breath in her reclined position. As soon as she was fully conscious her body became aware of itself forcing her to turn over in a pool of wild silvery teal hair. Her vision became spotted as her ribs and head ached mercilessly.

Groaning at her ailments, Chrysalis closed her eyes as she tried to block out her discomforts. Moments later the changeling disguised mare was roused from her stupor as a set of hooves dug into her flesh. Wincing at the unpleasant treatment, the young mare willed herself to push through the fog that addled her brain.

"Don't… touch… me!" She managed despite her disorientation. She swatted weakly at the hooves urging her to stay put.

"Take it easy…" Came a female's voice. "You took quite a beating last night… Relax." The voice was warm and encouraging. "You're in a safe place now. No pony can hurt you, I promise."

Reassured by the positive emotion projected, Chrysalis finally allowed herself the much needed respite. Forcing her harlequin eyes open, she came face to face with a rose grey pony whose darker mane was secured in a professional style away from her face.

Weary eyes took in their new surroundings vigilantly.

'An infirmary,' Chrysalis thought relieved to herself. 'I'm in an infirmary.' The room she was tucked away in was actually the corner of a bigger room that happened to be sectioned off by curtains. There was the bed she rested in and a small table off to the side which held bandages, herbs, medicines and other medical supplies.

"Who are you and how did I get here?" She rasped noticing the bandages wrapped around her torso and the ones tied around her head making her hair unruly in its limp state.

The rose grey mare pursed her lips as she reached for one of the many bottles on the tableside and poured about three ounces worth into a cup. "I'm Doctor Rosemary," she replied handing the bedridden mare the medicinal brew. "And this is the Strider St. Clinic. One of the city's guards brought you here after he found you passed out last night. As far as how he found you in such a state, I was hoping you could tell me." Chrysalis continued to stare at the small cup with its strong smelling brew as she processed the Doctor's words. "Don't just stare at it," came Rosemary's expectant tone. "Drink it."

"What is it?" Chrysalis winced as she eyed the concoction warily.

"Peppersnag's Brew. It'll take the breath away from you but it's worth it. You've got a set of bruised ribs and a pretty bad concussion. Not to mention the bruises and cuts on your face. This'll numb you up and help you relax so I can change your bandages without you having to feel every poke and prod."

Weighing her options, she decided to take the doctor's advice and took the drink in one shot. The thick concoction burned and tingled on the way down prompting a coughing fit that rattled Chrysalis' whole body. "Maker, help me!" She gagged when she finally gathered enough air to make a sound. "That stuff is foul!" She gasped.

"Calm down, killer," the Doctor chuckled wryly. "Drink some water. I don't think I've ever seen anypony take that down in one gulp." She took the empty cup from her patient and filled it with water before handing it back watching as the mare slowly sipped this time.

Despite its potent taste and smell, the doctor was right when she said the brew would numb you up and help you relax. Chrysalis could feel the effects of the medicine almost immediately. She felt light and tranquil as her aches and pains began to fade. With a deep sigh, the dark colored mare let herself truly relax as Rosemary began to look over her form and change her bandages.

She was half asleep when she heard a masculine voice conversing with her doctor. Harlequin eyes fluttered open to see a blurry figure of white and blue. Blinking away the sleep, her vision cleared enough for her to make out a bright white stallion with a cerulean colored mane.

"Will she be alright?" He was saying to the doctor as concerned blue orbs traveled the length of her bruised form. Did she know him? And what was he doing here? Chrysalis raked her brain for a name but gave up after a while. She was vaguely aware of the Doctor speaking to her.

"….."

"huh?" Harlequin eyes turned to the rose colored professional.

"Your name… What's your name?" Rosemary was asking since she had finished changing her bandages. Plum colored eyes stared on expectantly as she dropped the used bandages into a wastebasket by the bed.

"Chrystal…" Chrysalis murmured after a while. "Chrystal Emerald."

"Where's your family?" Came the voice of the unknown the stallion.

Harlequin eyes narrowed as she turned her attention back to the familiar looking stallion.

"None of your business," came her sharp reply. The stallion was taken aback by the attitude in her tone. "Can I leave?" Chrysalis asked as she stared daggers at the nosy stallion while speaking to Rosemary.

Doctor Rosemary raised a brow in amusement, "Afraid not. It goes against my oath to release you in such poor health."

"I'm fine," Chrysalis insisted turning to the doctor.

"Maybe if you told me what happened, I might feel like your home situation is safe enough for you to return to."

"My home… situation?" The coal colored mare was genuinely baffled.

"Earlier you were crying in your sleep," plum colored eyes were concerned despite the solemn expression on rose grey features. "If someone's hurting you…"

Harlequin eyes were wide as the coal colored mare thought of her mother. Hair the color of chocolate fell over the Queen's shoulder complimenting her midnight blue colored body. The chitin that covered her mid-section was the same icy hue of her eyes. She wondered how her mother was now. "I… don't have any family to speak of," she managed as she pulled herself out of her reverie.

Rosemary studied her for a bit before accepting her statement as true. "So you weren't hurt by a relative?"

Chrysalis shook her head as she pushed away thoughts of that day. "I can assure you that no one from my family hurt me. I live alone."

"Then who?"

Chrysalis opened her mouth to speak, but somepony else beat her to it.

"She was attacked," came the stallion's disruption. Chrysalis had forgotten he was in the room as she and Rosemary turned to look at him. His snow white face was twisted into a look of righteous indignation.

"Attacked?"

"When we found her, there were three other stallions nearby who looked just as bad as she did. They were upset about a run-in they had with some pony." Chrysalis couldn't help the satisfied smirk that pulled at her lips as she puffed her chest out a bit. 'Serves them right.' She thought as her wounded pride was assuaged by this revelation.

Rosemary turned her attention to Chrysalis. "Is this true?" A sniff was her only reply as coal colored forelegs folded themselves across the young mare's chest. Rosemary sighed. Such a headstrong mare she was charged with.

Chrysalis was unrepentant, "Where are they now?"

"What do you mean?" The stallion asked blinking in confusion. "They were escorted back home."

"Why would you let them go?" Was her angry reply.

"Why would we hold them? Whoever attacked you, attacked them too… They said they tried to help you , but were overpowered. We couldn't find anypony else."

Chrysalis didn't know which was more offensive: The fact that the three delinquents who attacked her were still roaming the streets, or that this guardsman didn't think a mare could give as good as she got.

Before she could make an angry reply, Rosemary steered the conversation away to something that would, hopefully, placate her patient.

"About your release," the doctor prompted. "Is there someone you know who could look in on you for a few days? Your concussion was rather serious and those bruised ribs will make it harder for you to move around…"

'Madame Brass could… but then I'd never hear the end of it.' Before Chrysalis could respond with a convincing lie, the unnamed stallion spoke up.

"I could look in on her."

Harlequin eyes narrowed on her newest bane the moment his words washed over her ears. The Changeling Princess was ready to protest when-

"Then it's settled!" Came Rosemary's voice.

After no pony bothered to listen to all the reasons why Chrysalis could take care of herself, the rose grey professional gave the stallion, whom Chrysalis found out was named Shining Armor, a list of items the coal colored mare would need for medication.

"You really don't have to do this…" Chrysalis sighed with thinly veiled annoyance after being released into Shining Armor's custody. She couldn't believe this stallion or that he was transporting her across town on the back of some cart as if she were inept.

"What kind of pony would that make me if I didn't help a lady in need?" Was the stallion's response. It was mid-afternoon on a Sunday and most places of business were winding down. The clinic was situated on the opposite side of town so the ride home would take a little while much to Chrysalis' dismay.

"I can take care of myself," she maintained haughtily as she glared at the back of his cerulean head. "Did you hear me, blockhead? I said- Hey!" She yelped as Shining Armor purposely hit a snag in the road.

"Oops…"

"Watch it, you oaf!"

"I think I'll stick around just in case." He threw over his shoulder ignoring her insult. "Now, where'd you say you lived again?"