• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 7,206 Views, 869 Comments

From Humans, to Cryptids, to... Ponies? - TLP



(A CoD: Ghosts Extinction Crossover.) After activating the Medusa device, Godfather's Rapid Reaction Force wake up in a place that is not San Diego. With no Cryptids for once, but there's something odd about this place...

  • ...
28
 869
 7,206

PreviousChapters Next
The More You Know #2

Author's Note:

Just like the second chapter, only with fresh meat new faces. Hope you all like their background stories!


(Also, I've been getting several P.M's with questions about me and the story, and where I'm gonna go with this and all that stuff. So, I've decided that the next chapter will be a Q & A! So if any of you have any questions concerning me or the story, please say it in the comments below, and I will answer them! I will also release the next actual chapter for this story along with the Q & A, for convenience.)

Captain Randy 'Pathfinder' Treston
Age: 21
Weight: 192lbs
Height: 5'2ft
Born on: April 1, 1995, Louisville, Kentucky

Weapons and Equipment: AR-15 w/ Adjustable stock, Red Dot Sight, and 35 round magazines holding .50 Beowulf rounds, a scavanged Taurus Judge five-shot revolver with .410 Bore shotgun shells, MP5A3 with retractable stock slid in, and early handguard, 1 M67 Frag grenade, three strobe containers, a set of Night-Vision Goggles, and a 6-inch chrome tinted combat knife.

Randy was born to a farm family, and not a particularly good one. His father was known for being the leader of the white supremacist group, the Ku-Klux-Klan (K.K.K.), and was known to have played a part with the Oklahoma City Bombings in April 19, 1995, only 18 days after Mike was born. His father was then arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I) and on June 11, 2001, his father was executed by Lethal Injection. Even though he was six years old at the time of his father's death, he was smart enough to not even give his father the decency to visit him, and so did the rest of his family. After the news got out that his father played a part in the bombings, him and his family were bombarded with rumors and insults as they tried to move on with their lives. His life at school didn't help, as he had very little friends, and was considered a 'waste of a human' by one of his teachers. He was frequently bullied, and his grades were at an all time low. He swore to never be like his father, and prove to himself and the community that he was better than that. After he graduated high school, he enlisted into the Army and was known to be one of the best aviators around, and he took pride in his reputation. He then was contacted by the U.S Army Human Resources Command and was qualified to join the infamous 160'th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR). He then went through five weeks of intensive training and passed. After a series of tests qualifications, experience, and leadership skills, he went from Basic Mission Qualified (BMQ) to Fully Mission Qualified (FMQ) which allowed him to actually fly. He took part in several operations, chopping in Delta Force Operators and Rangers alike. When the Cryptid outbreak began, he and his co-pilot were sent on a series of rescue missions all around the Southern United States, and provided cover fire for the fighting forces below. After finding out that his family hadn't survived, he insisted that he returned back to Kentucky. He then flew towards Fort Campbell and provided support while the base was trying its best to not be overrun, but the attempts to fight back were futile, after the base was eventually taken over by the Cryptids. He and his co-pilot were one of the only pilots to fly out of Fort Campbell without a scratch.



Sergeant Mike 'Hellstorm' Preston
Age: 20
Weight: 191lbs
Height: 5'9ft
Born on: November 17, 1996, Phoenix, Arizona

Weapons and Equipment: A scavenged Winchester 1873 rifle, designed to chamber .45 Colt rounds, IMI Desert Eagle with a Picatinny Rail, and reflex sight, FN P-90 with a Red Dot Sight and capable of holding 75 round magazines, 2 flashbangs, seven strobe canisters, a pair of Night Vision Goggles, and a scavenged machete. Co-Pilot of the AH-6J Little Bird.

Mike was born to a more than average family. Why? Because his family carried on a military tradition. His great-grandfather took part in Operation Market Garden on September 17, 1944. Although he didn't survive, he was posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor and a Purple Heart. His grandfather was also in the military in Vietnam, which he was one of the many pilots that took part in 'Operation Pegasus', which his great grandfather took part in doing several airstrikes to support the Marines fighting in Khe Sahn. It didn't end there. His father was part of the 160'th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, and supported the Army Rangers and Delta Force Operators in the Battle of Mogadishu, better known in the movie and book, 'Black Hawk Down'. He wanted to pass on the military legacy his family held proudly. He then enlisted in the Army and worked his way up to going through the intense training to become part of the 160th SOAR. He proudly succeeded and was put under the command of Randy Treston. He was widely known for his actions in the Tel-Aviv War. Performing unbelievable strafe runs and maneuvers, once getting a total of forty kills on one twenty second strafe run, which earned him the nickname 'Hellstorm'. After the Cryptid Outbreak, he was sent to Phoenix to escort civilians to the nearby airport to safety. After he choppered his family to the airport, they were evacuated out of the United States and into Canada. But after Phoenix was confirmed too hot, the president gave the green light to go for a nuclear response. He was then sent to Fort Campbell, where he fought alongside Randy until the base was overrun.


Sergeant Dempsey 'Tank' Grant
Age: 22
Weight: 210lbs
Height: 6'1
Born on: June 4, 1994, Kansas City, Missouri

Weapons and Equipment: M16A4 with a picatinny rail, vertical foregrip, and ACOG scope, SIG Sauer P226 with a reflex sight, 1 AN-164 Thermite grenade, portable radio comms, six attachable helmet cameras, and a stolen pair of Night Vision Goggles.

Dempsey was born to an average family, except the only thing that made his family interesting was that his grandfather was a tank operator in World War Two, part of the 8th Armored Division, and his dad was an M1 Abrams tank operator in Operation: Enduring Freedom. He was also slightly cocky and hot headed as he loved proving himself to be mentally and physically superior among his friends and family. With this and the military legacy, then decided to keep passing on this legacy when he decided to join the Army and went through basic training and specialized training, and worked his way to becoming a tank operator, like his dad and grandfather. He was in command of an M1A3 Abrams tank in the Tel-Aviv War and was part of the revived 8th Armored Division, which was inactive since 1945, and consisted of nine Abrams tanks and four Strykers. Dempsey earned the nickname 'Tank' since he proved to be an extremley efficient and deadly tank gunner and commander. But after leading a group of Marines into Tel-Aviv to regain control of the city, he along with seven other Abrams tanks were destroyed during the siege. He turned out to be the only surviving member of the entire tank battalion, and was captured by enemy forces as he tried to escape the flaming wreckage that used to be his Abrams tank. He then escaped after quietly, but brutally killing his captors as he made his way towards a nearby U.S Army base. After recovering from his injuries and given passing several psychological tests, he was given the green light to rejoin the 8th Armored. He was then put in command of a Stryker vehicle, along with Kevin. After hearing about the Cryptid outbreak, he and Kevin were brought back from overseas and back into the States to help repel the Cryptids. He and what was left of the 8th Armored Battalion were sent to Detroit, Michigan to help support the Michigan Army National Guard. Dempsey and Kevin were then sent out to recover a group of Army Rangers and Delta Force Operators.


Corporal Kevin 'Predator' Marston
Age: 20
Weight: 182lbs
Height: 5'1ft
Born on: October 26, 1996, Washington D.C

Weapons and Equipment: M4 Carbine with picatinny rails and ACOG sight, M203 Grenade launcher with High Explosive (H.E) grenade rounds, USP .45 with an AN/PEQ-6 laser sight on the bottom of the barrel, two flashbangs, and 1 M67 Frag Grenade, FN Five-Seven pistol.

Kevin was born an orphan after his father died in a fatal car crash on his way to the hospital to witness his birth, and his mother died at birth. He was then adopted by a drug using mother, which she would constantly smoke marijuana and drink. She was also dating a man that beated Kevin to mercilessly every day of his early childhood every time he screwed up. At age twelve, Kevin was beaten nearly to death with a metal baseball bat after he refused to bring his 'father' a beer. The paramedics came and patched him up, but he was too scared to say anything, so his 'father' made him lie about the incident, and say that he was beat up by a bunch of gang members. He swore to himself that he would do anything he would to escape the hell he did not deserve. After he turned eighteen and just barley graduated high school, he went up to his 'father', and beat him brutally to the point where he almost suffered permanent brain damage. His mother then called the police, where they tried Kevin. After several days in court, he was given the option to either go to Juvenile Hall or join the Army. He chose the Army without a second thought. As he prepared to leave, he refused to say a word of goodbye to his adoptive mother, much less to his adoptive father, who was scared shitless of Kevin. After completing basic and specialized training, he went on to join the revived 8th Armored and being put in as one of the remote controlled gunners for one of the Stryker vehicles. He was then put under the command of Dempsey Grant as a gunner for one of the new Stryker variants. After also hearing about the Cryptid outbreak, he and Dempsey traveled back to the States to regain control of the city of Detroit. As they fought their way up to Michigan, Dempsey gave Kevin the nickname 'Predator' due to him using the Thermal-Imaging on the Stryker's remote turret, and racking up immense amount of kills. Kevin lost count after 400. They then made it to Detroit and were sent on a search-and-rescue op to find a large group of Army Rangers and Delta Operators that were currently M.I.A.

PreviousChapters Next