• Published 27th Aug 2014
  • 4,164 Views, 141 Comments

Devil May Cry: A New Battlefield - Lazy_



(PS: Takes place after the events of Devil May Cry 4. DmC has no relevance to this story) A portal to Tartarus is opened in Equestria. The demon hunters and their new enemies start their battle for dominance in a new arena.

  • ...
15
 141
 4,164

The Devil Inside

Inside Rainbow Dash's subconscious...


"Rainbow Dash..." A stereotypical ghost-like 'spooky' voice sounded out with and un-natural number of echoes.

The world faded in from the inconceivable non-existence of un-consciousness as Rainbow woke up to the voice backed by the sound of creaking and squeaking, like the noise made by an old swinging chandelier. Her eyes being greeted by the veil of blackness provided by her eyelids. She shifted slowly, her body feeling mostly groggy. When she positioned herself to stand she expected pushing the rest of her body up to be painful in her current state of tiredness, but to her surprise, she still held an un-usually large amount of strength.

"... Oh, Rainbow Dash..." The voice bounced around the world like a particularly bouncy ball. Dash grunted as she pushed herself into her natural standing position on all fours. She opened her eyes to look around. What she expected to see was the walls of Ponyvill Hospital or Twilight's Friendship Castle, being coaxed awake by Pinkie Pie in a voice that sounds as if it came out of some really bad camp-fire ghost story. What she got instead was about as confusing as the meaning of the word can get.

As far as she could tell, she was on a piece of the dirt ground floating in an infinite space of blackness. She cocked her head immediately, as she tried to figure out what the heck was going on.

"... Rainbow Dash, this is your subconscious speaking..." The voice intervened. Dash was not helped by it in any way whatsoever. In fact, it only confused her even more.

"What?" She asked blankly, utterly bewildered by what she was experiencing. This was followed by an exaggerated sigh.

"Ok, evidently this tired trope isn't going anywhere." Discord stated as he threw his invisibility cloak from his body, finally gaining his first actual role in the whole story. The cloak spontaneously grew a pair of eyes and wings before flying away into the shadows.

"Discord..." Dash growled. "What are you up to now?" She stomped her hoof for a more powerful effect.

"I was about to explain, y'know?" He answered. "Better listen to what others have to say before you start making assumptions." He said while putting on a mildly offended expression. Rainbow Dash sighed, rolling her eyes. She knew from past experience that trying to argue with him was near impossible. So she sat down and waited for the insanity to start.

"Ahem! Now where was I? Oh yes! As you may or may not know, we are now in your subconscious. This is where all your dreams happen. I've hijacked it for the time being while I teach you a few things." He said, summoning a giant bottle half-filled with water. Inside of it was a pair of pirate ships with on being boarded by the other, the boarding party celebrating as they started to plunder gold from it. "Just like so." Discord said as he snapped his fingers, making the scene disappear in a flash of light.

"Why? What are you supposed to teach me?" She said, the impatience clear in her voice. She jumped, as all of a sudden Discord was somehow beside her with a paw on her shoulder.

"You do know what just happened to your body while you soul had been booted from it, right?" The draconequus said as he examined his claws.

"Huh?"

"Thought not. Lets put it in layman's terms, you were possessed by a demon who booted you from your body. Said demon is now dead and your soul has returned to your body again, but some of the demon's power was left over."

Rainbow Dash's mouth hung open, eyes wide as she digested the information. It certainly made sense considering how she had felt before losing consciousness at the fountain, and it explained how worried Twilight was for her and definitely justified magically dragging her around like a stubborn dog, but... wow...

"So... what now? What does that mean for me?"

"It means you're now technically a half demon." At this, Dash was overwhelmed by shock. She was silenced for a second, trying to formulate a proper response, but every time she started to think of something to say, the words just dropped away. Discord appeared mildly amused by her gormless expression. "If you think about it, it's not that bad. There's a load of perks to being a demon, besides, you get to keep your usual body so there's nothing but pro's in it for you." Rainbow Dash looked up slowly to meet eyes with Discord once more.

"What sort of 'perks'?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just heightened strength, agility, sense of awareness and the ability to release excess magical energy to temporarily advance these attributes even further as you take on a gloriously chaotic demonic form. That's all. I think you'll like it."

"That's all!?" Dash exclaimed in surprise. That didn't sound much like nothing. But then again, She thought, probably just Discord being Discord and playing around with his words. "What sort of stuff can I do now?" She asked. Discord gave a little chuckle as he snapped his fingers.

The infinite expanse of blackness exploded into colour as everything began to change. From the depths below her, more ground rose up to lock onto the small chunk of five or so metres she was standing on, and more and more chunks were raised up from seemingly endless amounts of nothing as the land grew for miles around her. Hills began to form in places where huge amounts of rocks and dirt fell from the now blue sky and behind her mountains rose up into rapidly forming clouds. She recognised the layout of geography... it was Ponyville! Or the area it was situated in anyway. Beside her the fountain popped up from the ground, but it had changed. It was now a sculpture of Discord in his trademark opera-like singing pose with his paw on his puffed out chest and his griffon arm extended out. Water poured from his open mouth into a basin below where it collected.

The town was next to appear from seemingly nowhere... or some version of it. It seemed to be some sort of chaotic and twisted image of the town, with some buildings hanging upside-down in mid air, some had palette swaps and some streets even moved around like they had minds of their own. The sight made the pegasus's eye's twitch in a moment of confusion. The last time she had seen anything so insane was when Discord last took over Ponyville.

"That, my dear little demon is what I want to teach you. Fate holds more for you yet, I know that much. I am simply here to get you started in preparation for the future." Discord said as he floated by in a relaxed laying down pose with his legs crossed. He tapped her reassuringly on the nose as he went, and she looked his was as he continued to float up to an area of space where he stopped. "Here I've prepared an aesthetically improved simulation of the real world..."

"-Improved? Pfft, more like mental.-" Dash thought to herself.

"...First we'll get you used to the increased strength and speed you have. I think we'll start with some target practice with kicking and punching." Discord finished, clicking his fingers together to create a set of targets, all painted with an identical image of him wearing a shirt with 'Kick me' written on it. Dash stared at the targets for a second before raising an eyebrow at the draconequus. Discord simply gave her a manical grin.

"Ok then." She said as she walked up to the targets. It didn't take her long to get into her usual bucking position with her fore-legs spread for balance. She reared up, contracting her front legs and waiting for her aim to be just perfect as her body naturally aligned itself with the target after years of practice. And when her aim was in sync, she bucked with all her might. The result wasn't quite what she had expected.

Instead of the target rocking around with the force of her kick, it shattered into splinters and shards. She gasped in disbelief as she looked back to observe. Everything felt normal, gravity and weight felt the same and she could actually feel in general, meaning it wasn't just some silly trick Discord had prepared. If this was true then she really did have a lot of power in her muscles with all that left over power from her possession.

She let her weight bring her rear back down and then turned to inspect the damage. Her buck had quite literally smashed the target into an extra two pieces, cracking it in half and that piece in half again. The bottom half of the target had been knocked over and had traveled ten feet or so down the chaotic street.

"Woah... That's how much strength I have in real life now?" She asked, looking up at Discord sitting in his floating deck chair with a pair of tinted shades while drinking a martini. The martini glass to be specific, the actual drink remained stuck in the air while he looked back down at her.

"Mmhm. And that's without momentum. There's three more targets to try, get used to the feel of your new power. Go to town, go wild." He paused for a second before growing a mischievous smile. "Or maybe you'd like something a little more... feisty, than a simple stationary target, yes?" Rainbow nodded. Then with a snap of his claws, the target turned into a group of confused looking Scarecrow demons. Rainbow recognised them from the fight she had in the forest. It was payback time.

Rainbow charged in with a powerful flap of her extra strong wings to gather a large amount of speed even in the short space provided. She pulled back a right hook, and before the demon could react, struck it right in the face. The scarecrow was catapulted back and sent soaring through the air into a spinning green house. The remaining demons looked on helplessly as Dash used her momentum to swing her body round into a flying kick, delivering the move into the second demon's chest. It went to join it's friend embedded in a wall, creating a sizable dust cloud.

The final scarecrow had finally realised it was 'do or die' at this point, and in a ditch effort to kill it's attacker, swung it's arm mounted executioner's blade in a heavy and powerful movement at Dash. She rolled to her right to evade to swing, and before the demon could react, smashed it in the chest with an uppercut. it rocketed into the air, flailing wildly and trying to regain it's balance. But Rainbow was airborne in no time and before the demon could collect itself, began an aerial rave with a flurry of kicks and punches before finishing by bucking it towards the ground. The dead scarecrow bounced off the ground a few times until it came to a halt. The small battle ended with it dissolving away.

As Dash steadied her breathing, the sound of clapping entered the mix as Discord giddily cheered her on while laughing at the entertainment. Dash just smiled, it felt good to feel strong again. After experiencing a fight with those demons before, she felt... weak. All the time she had prepared by growing up as an athletic tomcolt sort of foal, she was strong by a mare's standards but when a threat beyond her control had come up she felt... useless. But now though, now that feeling was gone. She could make a difference once more!

"Bravo! Bravo! I never dreamed things would go so smoothly!" Discord shouted with happiness, only to be met by Dash's intrigued look. "Sorry, just quoting someone... let's get to the obligatory platforming section, shall we?" Before Rainbow Dash could ask what he was talking about, he had teleported both of them to a completely new area. She did a few turns to figure out where she was.

She was stood on somepony's balcony with the rails removed so that she could leap from it like a landing/ takeoff platform. In front of her was a row of five houses, the first being a simple jumping distance away where she could land on it no problem. The second house was floating in mid-air about twenty feet above the first and the third was the same, except it had some extra horizontal distance for a longer jump. The fourth house was a drop back down to a little above the height of a normal rooftop as it floated slightly above ground level, it was spinning slowly. And the final house was stationary on the ground like any normal house should be. Discord appeared in a flash of light just in front of her.

"'Platforming section', huh? I could just fly over these and get it over with straight away." Rainbow pointed out. Discord cracked a smile.

"Oh, but where's the fun in that?" He shrugged, causing Dash to sigh. "Here you should practice jumping and a basic aerial technique known as the Air Hike."

"'Air Hike'?" Dash repeated in confusion. "What the hay is that." Discord snapped his talons together and a flash enveloped her body. Intrigued, she looked herself over to find she didn't feel or look any different.

"Now you have the capability to perform the Air Hike, free of charge! It's a maneuver that uses demonic magic to instantaneously change the direction of your acceleration. Like this!" Discord let himself start falling to the ground, with Rainbow looking on curiously. After he had gathered up a significant amount of speed he snapped his fingers together and a red sigil appeared behind him as he was propelled sideways away from it with the same momentum. Rainbow nodded making the 'not bad' face as Discord began to float again, ascending back to Rainbow's level. "That's an air hike for you, you can also do it while flying but we're sticking to simple jumps to get used to the feel of it. You'll need it to get extra height without the use of your wings for the second and third jumps."

"Wait! How do I do an air hike?" Rainbow asked. Discord nodded as he thought of an understandable explanation.

"A legitimate question." He started. "You'll need to meet a couple of requirements before pushing the magic in the opposite direction to where you want your momentum to go. Number one! You must be airborne, obviously. Two, you must lean your weight in the desired direction. And three, you must release the magic at the correct frequency."

"OK... I get all of that but the last bit. How do I know what 'frequency' is the correct one?" She asked.

"You should only have two available to you, a smaller less powerful on, and one that feels like it would consume your whole body when accessed. Concentrate on your inner being, as boring as that sounds. With practice you'll get it naturally."

Rainbow nodded and closed her eyes to calm herself and concentrate. She could feel a humming within her body whenever she tried to think about performing an air hike, like her chest was gently vibrating with magic. It was kind of similar to being picked up in Twilight's magic, or having her own magic accessed. In essence, she was feeling for her own magic. It was alien to her, being a pegasus and all, as she was used to having passive magic in the form of her natural heightened ability of flight. But something as tangible as this was... weird.

True to Discord's claims, she could indeed 'feel' for her magic in different quantities of use. There were two, a small one and another, all of her magic.

"Ok, I feel it." She said, opening her eyes to see the draconequus being orbited by mini planets that were spinning randomly with no sense of logic to their momentum. A few hoofballs with eyes sported comet trails, flying around at will. A small congregation of them looked to be worshipping their conjurer.

"Great! Now let's see what you can do." He said, attempting to achieve a more comfortable position in the air.

Dash leaped from the balcony and soared across the gap in-between the rooftops, and landed with ease on the first roof. Now for the second jump. She ran as close to the edge of the building as possible before contracting her muscles to spring away from the edge. The she jumped with all her strength. She gained a good amount of height but was still about five feet short of her goal, the floating building before her. So she concentrated on her magic again, feeling for that small quantity of magic responsible for her next move. Finding the air hike frequency, she leaned forward and while not really knowing what she was doing, mentally pushed her magic behind her.

The result was immediate. She felt her body being launched forward and up, gaining that little bit extra height she needed to achieve the jump. She retained her balance and came down to a graceful landing on the flat rooftop with a short skid. She looked back over the edge of the roof to marvel at the distance she just propelled herself, and witness a blue sigil fading away into nothingness. There was no way in Tartarus she could have jumped that far without her wings before being... 'possessed'. Her jumping distance had effectively been doubled. A flash of light filled the air and the spirit of chaos appeared once again, this time without his mini system of stellar objects.

"Nicely done, Rainbow Dash. Nicely done indeed. With some practice that will come like flying! Now this next one is a little further than the last, and no air hike is going to scale all of that distance alone. Here you'll have to air hike as high as you can and jump up off' the wall."

"Easy enough." Rainbow said with a shrug of her shoulders as she stepped back to get as much running distance as she could for her jump.

She began like she did her last run, sprinting as far as she could to gain enough speed to jump as high as she could with all her power. She repeated her last process and replicated her previous air hike, pushing the magic behind her at the apex of her jump and launching herself off' the sigil to gain extra height. As explained, even that wasn't quite enough to get her to the top of the jump as she oriented herself to kick up from the wall. She landed against the side of the building and before gravity could pull her back down, used her super-equine strength to jump up the final few feet to land on the edge of the rooftop. Wasting no time she darted to the edge of her current roof as she knew what came next. Discord popped out of a flash to watch.

The house below her was spinning very slowly, she would have to time her jump perfectly in order to not lose her balance and fall at the final hurdle. She waited for the building to be held in the air sideways, taking a deep breath to steady herself in the meantime. She leaned her weight forward off the edge and set her body into a free fall. As she was going down front first, she used her momentum to flip over herself and better prepare her for the landing. The spinning house had rotated around and was pretty much parallel to the floor as she landed.

The contact at such speed sent shock-waves through her body and she had to bend down into a crouch to sponge some of the force. What would have caused her immense pain and some serious injuries to her legs before becoming a half demon now only gave her some slight shock as her organs were jarred from the impact. She quickly moved back to standing again as the building began to spin over itself again and she ran to the end of the roof before leaping to her finishing point, crossing the final gap easily to come to rest on a stationary platform. Rainbow looked back at everything she had just scaled with a smile glued to her face with all the adrenaline running through her.

"That was amazing!" She exclaimed, admiring her toned limbs with a new sense of confidence.

"Quite." Discord replied, sipping tea from a cup. "You've acquired quite a bit of physical power. What you do with that is your responsibility, though it would be funny to see all that strength in the hooves of a drunk Rainbow 'Crash'. I've heard you can drink quite a lot when challenged."

"Hey! What happens at the party, stays at the party! You'd do well to remember that." She growled, half semi-seriously. Thinking back to how she was before gaining her new magic again, she remembered how not too long ago she was shocked to hear about what had happened to her. Now she was using her magic to leap through the air and do awesome tricks. Why was she so apprehensive? If she got to keep her body, but just with her added strength, agility and the ability to heal from even huge wounds, then what was there to be worried about? Then a thought hit her.

"-What if I get kicked out of the Academy? I'll never be a Wonderbolt if they find out!-" The thought ran through her mind.

"Oh don't worry about that..." Discord said.

"W-wait, you can hear my thoughts!?" Dash blurted out, causing the draconequus to chuckle.

"We're in your head, silly. I can hear all your thoughts. Even if they're mocking my sense of style." He explained, before mumbling something about her thinking his version of the world would be 'insane'. "... Anyways, you can't sit around and mope at the fact that some stubborn showponies won't let you in on their little group just because you aren't quite a 'pony' anymore. Besides, if you hadn't been brought back to life, you would have never had chance to do anything else! You're still so young, you have ponies left to meet, things left to say, chaos to ensue!"

"I- I suppose that's true..." Rainbow said with a sad tone in her voice.

"Oh come on! Liven up! You have speed and strength beyond their wildest dreams! If you can't join 'em, beat 'em!" Discord shouted confidently, causing Rainbow to raise her head in thought.

"Maybe... yeah, I see where you're coming from." She started before letting out a small chuckle.

"Ok, now we've got that depressing stuff out of the way we can move on!" Discord said with a happy smile, snapping his fingers and teleporting both of them to a new area. Dash was used to this by now and was not too surprised to find herself back at the fountain of Discord, where she started. Said spirit of chaos popped out of nowhere on top of the fountain's head.

"Next up is your final lesson to prepare you for the future." He said while dancing on the fountain, walking on the spot.

"Wait... what's going to happen in the future?" She said, half in confusion half in suspicion.

"Nothing you can't handle if you listen to my teachings, young child." He said in a wise sounding old voice, donning a worn brown cloak and a lightsaber. "Now I shall teach you the best bit of the lessons, then you can go and show off to your friends what I taught you. The Devil Trigger..." He said ominously waving his paw and claws in a melodramatic manner.

"Let me guess: It involves using the second frequency of magic?" Dash said, trying to forget her previous depressing thoughts.

"Exactly! This is what I mentioned earlier about turning up the ante on your powers, temporarily releasing your demon side."

"How long does it last" Dash asked, curious to know how long she can look totally awesome for. Or if it was just a bunch of horseapples and would make her look like a freak for eternity.

"Depending on how much energy you use. In combat, your devil trigger won't last as long as it would if you were resting, capische?"

"I think I get you. So, how do I activate it? And what am I testing it on?" She gestured to the empty space around them. "We gonna' summon up some more bad guys?"

"That's the plan, yes. And the way you activate it is just by pushing the devil trigger magic out of your body. That's it." He said while inspecting a small Discord figurine he had in his hand. He summoned a painting kit into the air and floated it in-front of him. The colours weren't even close to matching any of the tones on his actual body. He snapped his claws and right before Rainbow Dash's eyes, a group of strange enemies appeared. Dash could make out two different types. Eight of the first and only one of the second.

The first looked like ponies, but their fur had paled and was patchy, and the skin underneath was scarred and worn. They wore tattered dark purple robes that looked to have been ripped apart in places by centuries of torment and their eyes were a blood red. They carried large scythes and they shambled around slowly, jeering and growling with overconfident snarls. Then there was the outcast. It was similar, just like a real pony, but instead of robes it wore bloodied bandages around it's body which barely covered any of it's pale skin. Instead of a weapon, it appeared to be hauling around a giant coffin and it's eyes glowed a sickly yellow. Dash recoiled in disgust at the sight of the ponies, and she turned to Discord for an explanation.

"Say hello to the Hell Pride and a solitary member of the Hell Greed. These are the souls of ponies who have died and been sent to Hell for being a carrier of one of the seven deadly sins. Particularly Pride and Greed." He said casually, not sparing a moment to take his eyes from his randomly coloured figurine.

"Wait, so these are still ponies!?"

"No, not really. It's the souls of these ponies. You don't get sent to Hell for being just a little bit greedy or just a little prideful. These ponies spent their entire lives consumed by selfishness without sparing a moment to even consider their actions. I wouldn't feel too sorry for them." He said, answering her question.

"Ok then." Dash cracked her neck started to walk towards the battleground. She inspected her enemies as she walked. The Hell Prides looked to be somewhat slow at general movements, but by their toned muscles poking through their thin weathered skin, she guessed their attacks could pack quite the punch. And then there was the Hell Greed... What was the point of it having a humungus coffin for a weapon? Surely that couldn't be for attacks, could it? Maybe it was a crushing thing.

She got close enough for a hell pride to take a swing at her, proving her theory about it's swings correct. She ducked under the huge blade and uppercutted it in the jaw, sending it flying into the air. She followed it up and delivered a collection of super fast punches to it's gut before placing a flying kick into it's chest and pushing it down into another of it's bretherin, flattening it. Two down.

She bounced off the two crushed demons and rolled through the air at another with a move similar to a Lunar Phase, striking it multiple times and knocking it senseless. She ended it with a hook punch which she charged with her strength by twisting her body to allow for a stronger punch. Which she delivered with expert precision, smashing it clean in the forehead, the force slamming it's head into the ground. She turned to a scythe descending down on her, she had to go evasive this time.

She rolled to the left to avoid the first downward swing but it wasn't done there. The hell pride turned it's blade around and sliced upwards at the cyan pegasus. Rainbow dashed backwards to clear some distance while it was swinging, and then ran back at the demon before it could react. She punched it in the kidney making it roar in pain before she grabbed the handle of it's scythe in-between it's hooves and ripped the weapon from it's inferior grasp. It was rendered defenseless while Dash swung the scythe around in a three-sixty, catching another demon approaching from behind in the side of the head. Continuing with her swing, she skewered the dis-armed hell pride on it's own weapon and let go of the blade mid swing to let it fly into a building, crashing through a wall. Five down.

She turned around, ready to perform some more awesome stunts and moves when she was forced to jump over the swinging coffin of the hell greed, who had swung the giant hunk of metal low to trip her up. She landed and was immediately forced to leap back again as it raised the coffin up high before bringing it crashing down where Rainbow used to be.

"-A crushing thing, I knew it!-" She thought. She was about to begin her onslaught, but was stopped when a section of the top of the coffin slid upwards, releasing a glowing interior to the demonic construction. She stopped, curious of what was happening as the section continued to slide up, revealing more inner workings. She gasped when two ghost like entities floated out of the coffin and spiraled into the air gracefully. She watched them as they fell back down to the ground, the areas being enveloped in small clouds of dust before out of them, hell prides had spawned.

"Oh great. Well now I know what to kill to stop that happening again! Time to test out that new trick." She focused on her demonic energy, gathering all of the spare magic she had to weaponise and concentrated on releasing every last drop. Pushing it out of her body resulted in an explosion of energy, causing a bolt of lightning to surge through her and sigils extended out in a glyph filled sphere. She experienced momentary pain as her body changed forms to the terrifying visage of her devil trigger. Her blue leathery skin, bladed feathers and claws all adding to the demonic and intimidating stature worthy of such a deadly creature.

Dash opened her blazing red eyes and looked herself over, harrumphing with a sharp toothy smile growing on her face. She could literally feel the difference in her strength before and after the transformation. And she wasted no time exercising it.

With a great flap of her large powerful wings she ascended into the air until she was directly over the hell greed. Then she air hiked down on top of it, charging a hook punch as she fell. Delivering the punch smashed the coffin carrying demon's spine like a cheap glass vase, pinning to the ground because of it's in-ability to move. Before the still living but crippled demon could even catch it's breath, DevilDashie kicked it up onto it's hind legs and turned around to face it before delivering countless claw slashes, each with unbelievable strength in the blink of an eye. In a second, the shattered demon had received twenty strikes, causing it to backpedal with the sheer force. By this point it was dead, but just to be sure Dash picked up it's own coffin and threw it onto the demon, it's powderised skeleton simply crumpled under the weight.

She whipped around to the remaining six hell prides, who no longer looked prideful to say the least. They cowered before the demon form of Rainbow Dash. So when the devil lunged for them they could only stand petrified by fear as the unstoppable force came down upon them with a vengeance. A single punch lifted one poor demon off his hooves and caused him to fall directly into the line of a buck which sent him on a collision course with one of his friends who screamed out in shock. The two were impaled on each-other's scythes and slid along the floor.

One of the last demons had the nerve to break from his stupor and tried to attack his opponent with his blade, trying to bring it crashing down on Dash, but to no avail. Rainbow stepped aside and easily ripped the weapon from his hooves. Having acquired a weapon other than her claws, she repeated the attacker's action on one of his allies behind him to slice through it's body and tear away it's balance as it tried to remove the blade from it's body.

In her next trick, she widened her stance and put all her weight onto her hinds for better balance while she shifted her center of mass. Leaning back, she brought the pole of the scythe crashing down on the defenseless demon she had took it from, killing it. Then she swung the blade around to slice another approaching hell pride in half. She held mid pose while the three demons collapsed to the ground around her, evaporating away as their souls disintegrated to nothing.

The final demon could be hard whimpering at the sight of Dash slaughtering each and every one of it's allies, unable to do anything about it. When the crimson glowing eyes of Dash were pointed it's way, it raised it's scythe in one last ditch effort to defend it'self. Dash caught the pole of the weapon before it could get even close to harming her and she inched closer to the hell pride's face until they were almost touching noses. It whimpered again in absolute terror, closing it's eyes and flinching as it waited for the final blow to come. But only silence followed. Opening it's eyes to see what was happening, it saw that Devil Dash's face was still pressed up close to it's own, except this time adorning a wide grin, showing off all her razor sharp teeth.

"Boo!" She said, making a jerking motion bringing her face swiftly closer to the demon's. The hell pride dropped to the floor, motionless. A couple of seconds passed before it began to evaporate away like the rest of it's fallen allies. Dash was left hanging onto the scythe as she watched it turn to naught but dust in the wind.

Her body tingled as a sphere of sigils collapsed onto her body and a surge of electricity sparked again coating her body in a small flash of lightning, her body returning to normal. A moment of quiet filled the air Dash taking a deep breath of the imaginary atmosphere followed by the clang of metal as she dropped the scythe to the ground.

"That... Was... Awesome!" She shouted giddily, clapping her hooves together like an excited little filly.

"I couldn't agree more, Rainbow Dash." Discord said as he reviewed his discolouration of himself, looking over the mini-figurine.

"I feel pretty tired though, I'm guessing that's just cause' of how much energy I used?" She guessed, judging the answer similarly to how the air hike worked.

"You are correct. Magical exercise is just like physical exercise, except more sophisticated, the more you work at it the less tired you'll be and the longer you'll be able to use it before getting tired."

"Nice." Dash commented. Discord began to stretch himself out, getting creaks and cracks from his bones.

"My work here is done. You're prepared for the days ahead of you. Remember this lesson well and it'll serve you well. Good-bye for now, Rainbow Dash." Discord said with a wave before snapping his claws.

"Err, see ya'." Dash said as Discord de-materialised in a flash of light.

"Jeez, what a weirdo."