• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 2,359 Views, 50 Comments

Fluttershy's Cloud Lessons - Skylight77



After many of her animal critters' requests, Fluttershy decides to go to Rainbow Dash for lessons on weather clouds. But she asked on the worst day possible.

  • ...
8
 50
 2,359

The New Pet

It was still the middle of the night. Rainbow Dash had managed to exit the forest with Fluttershy still wrapped in her forelegs. Fluttershy's sobbing had stopped, but Rainbow Dash still felt a twist in her stomach after exiting the forest.

The first thing that came to her sights was the burnt remains of the cottage, along with a whole garden of scorched grasslands surrounding the area. But there was more to it than that. It looked like the place had had activity going on around it at some point. Some of the charred areas were cleared, the rubble from the cottage was moved around, and she didn't see the camera she left there anywhere.

Rainbow Dash shut her eyes, forcing a breath to escape her mouth as she looked away from the area. She didn't want to think about what had happened. It shouldn't have happened the way it did. She steered herself away from the area and started slowly increasing her altitude, heading towards her own cloud home. She couldn't tell how Fluttershy would've reacted if she had lifted her head to see, but she knew that whatever Fluttershy saw here wouldn't do her any good.

While they flew, Rainbow Dash paid attention to Fluttershy's soft breathing. Each breath that Rainbow Dash felt from her was bringing a rush of warmth along her body. It felt like an odd determination to protect Fluttershy, but it was different because her heart beat slowly grew with more feeling after each breath. It felt like she was feeling this before, but this was the first time she had noticed its presence.

Rainbow Dash put a stronger grip around Fluttershy's body while she thought, allowing her heart beat to reach Fluttershy's ears and keep her calm. Regardless of what Rainbow Dash was feeling, she had more important things to worry about right now. She focused her eyes around the area for just about anything. She knew that in Fluttershy's delicate state, she wouldn't be able to face what she had caused. She didn't want Fluttershy to have to face it. She had to take her somewhere safe and quiet. And the best place she could think of now was her own cloud mansion in the skies.

______________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash carefully started descending her altitude as her cloud mansion came into view. Due to the current time, Rainbow Dash guessed that everypony was most likely asleep. By the position of the moon, she could guess that it was probably about an hour before midnight.

Before she reached the grounds of her home, she noticed that there were two different stacks of newspaper placed by her door, giving her quite a silent rush of a shock. The shock didn't come from the fact that she was still getting newspaper, but rather that there was two of them right now.

Rainbow Dash landed at the front doors of her home, carefully letting Fluttershy's hind hooves touch down on the soft material. Fluttershy's sobbing returned, but slightly while her legs wobbled on the cloud. Rainbow Dash still let Fluttershy rest on her while she opened the door, leading them inside. While they were walking though, Rainbow Dash allowed her tail to scoop up the newspapers that were lying on her doorstep, letting the door close behind them after they entered.

______________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash led Fluttershy into her bedroom, letting Fluttershy down at one corner of the room. Fluttershy sat there, staring back at Rainbow Dash with teary eyes and hesitant breathing. Rainbow Dash could see those eyes pulsating with more potential tears. She used the tip of her wing to try and wipe some of those tears away.

"Fl..." Rainbow Dash cut herself off with a small groan. She tried to say something, but she couldn't come up with anything comforting. She let out a sigh and instead examined Fluttershy's body for the state it was in. Fluttershy just turned her head away while Rainbow Dash did her thing.

Fluttershy's body wasn't in the best of shapes at all right now. Not only did she need a good cleaning, but she also needed a good restoring of food and water. Fluttershy still wasn't saying anything, but it was clear that she was still hurting a lot, both physically, and mentally. Rainbow Dash slowly brushed the pink mane with a hoof, bringing Fluttershy's attention back to her. Rainbow Dash took a deep breath for what she was gonna do next.

"Fluttershy... please listen to me..." Rainbow Dash started carefully, making sure Fluttershy's attention was on her. "Stay here... I'll... I'll be right back with something for you..." Fluttershy didn't give off a response. She just looked at Rainbow Dash with the same depressed eyes.

Rainbow Dash slowly let her hooves leave contact from Fluttershy. But while they were leaving her, Fluttershy started leaning closer to her, returning her soft whimpers. She wrapped her hooves around Rainbow Dash's foreleg, not wanting to let them go.

It tore Rainbow Dash's heart out to see Fluttershy like this. She very well couldn't leave her for a second while she was in this state. An odd warmth filled her soul when she felt Fluttershy started to lick one of her hooves. It was so odd of Fluttershy to act like this, but Rainbow Dash didn't want to move. She couldn't let Fluttershy be more depressed than she already was. She just allowed Fluttershy to run her tongue along her hoof if it meant Fluttershy would calm down.

Fluttershy stopped her licking when a soft cough came to her. She looked up to Rainbow Dash with hopeful eyes. Rainbow Dash slowly let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She could still feel Fluttershy's saliva dripping along the front part of her hoof, but she paid no attention to it, focusing all her attention on Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash used her other hoof to brush along Fluttershy's mane again, calming her down. She decided it was best to make do with what she could do at the moment.

"Okay Fluttershy, come here..." Rainbow Dash got Fluttershy to pick herself back on her wobbly hooves. She carefully led Fluttershy towards the washroom, allowing Fluttershy to work her hooves again, as slow as it took.

______________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash got Fluttershy to rest her back against the sink. She turned the sink's faucet to let it run cold water, allowing the cold water to drop in her hoof. She slowly brought this hoofful of water over towards Fluttershy's face.

Fluttershy looked at the hoof for a few moments in deep thought. Rainbow Dash kept her hoof still, waiting for Fluttershy's response, holding a lot of hope and uncertainty in her face. She wasn't too sure about what she was doing, she just did what felt like the best thing to do at the time.

"...Come on, Fluttershy, please..." Rainbow Dash whispered, not exactly trying to allow Fluttershy to hear her, but rather hoping that Fluttershy would drink here without pressure, whether there was more pressure on her or Fluttershy at the time.

Fluttershy slowly made her response. She brought her muzzle slowly towards the hoofful of water, gently sipping its contents. The feeling of Fluttershy's mouth on her hoof like this gave Rainbow Dash a really odd feeling that rushed along her body. She wasn't sure what it was, but it made her more relaxed.

Fluttershy soon finished sipping the water from Rainbow Dash's hoof, letting the water hang in her mouth for a bit before swallowing it. Rainbow Dash's hoof only had enough water for one mouthful, but it would do for now. Fluttershy was able to clear her throat after swallowing that sink water.

Rainbow Dash put more water into her hooves, this time to use it to scrub Fluttershy with. Fluttershy just closed her eyes as Rainbow Dash scrubbed her. Fluttershy had quite a bit of dirt on her body, along with a few minor bruises. Rainbow Dash used the light sink water to scrub some of that dirt away. It wouldn't be comfortable for Fluttershy to have that dirt on her body all night.

After Rainbow Dash had gotten most of the dirt off of Fluttershy's body, Fluttershy opened her eyes back up, letting out a very small smile that lasted for a split second. The smile gave Rainbow Dash an immense joy of relief. It was short, but it was the first sign of happiness that she saw from Fluttershy. She wanted to see that happiness return back to her. Even if she never said anything ever again, that smile was enough for Rainbow Dash's heart to fill with joy.

Rainbow Dash picked Fluttershy back onto her hooves again, leading Fluttershy out of the washroom. It was odd, but with the way Fluttershy was acting, it felt like she wanted to be led by Rainbow Dash. Maybe she would do something about that someday.

______________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy returned to the bedroom. Fluttershy showed a sign of pain and was slowing down. Rainbow Dash had stopped walking to let Fluttershy down into a sitting position to rest. Her face scrunched up as she clutched her stomach.

Rainbow Dash winced a bit. She needed to get Fluttershy something to eat, but with her current condition, Rainbow Dash didn't have many options. She did luckily have one option that she just remembered was still in her bedroom.

"Hang on, Fluttershy," Rainbow Dash said as she slowly took a few steps backwards away from Fluttershy, hoping that she wasn't too pained. Rainbow Dash slowly walked up to a drawer that was on one side of her bed. She opened the drawer, putting her muzzle inside to dig something out. Soon after, she had pulled out a single carrot, leaving the rest of the items that weren't food inside. After getting it out, she closed the drawer and started walking back to Fluttershy, who had dropped herself on her stomach, lying low.

This carrot had intended to be a midnight snack for Rainbow Dash, but now it was to serve a different purpose, a more important one at that. She placed the carrot down in front of Fluttershy when she reached her.

"Here you go, Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash nudged the carrot slightly closer to Fluttershy. But Fluttershy didn't bring her muzzle towards it. She just looked at it before returning her sorrowful gaze up to Rainbow Dash, inching slowly backwards. Rainbow Dash felt her stomach drop at Fluttershy's hesitance.

"Come on, Fluttershy... you gotta eat something..." Rainbow Dash brought her muzzle back down to the carrot, attempting to move it closer to Fluttershy. But she stopped when Fluttershy appeared to inch closer to it. She brought her eyes back to Fluttershy, trying to see if she would take it. But Fluttershy didn't move.

Rainbow Dash brought her muzzle back to the carrot, picking it up with her mouth. Fluttershy's attention was brought back to the carrot as a result. She inched closer to Rainbow Dash in response, keeping her body low. Rainbow Dash decided to bring her body down to Fluttershy's level, motioning the carrot in her mouth towards Fluttershy.

Fluttershy gazed at the carrot for a few seconds. A small drop of sweat slid down Rainbow Dash's forehead as she waited for Fluttershy to make a response, hoping she would take a bite out of it.

And Fluttershy did. She slowly brought her muzzle to the carrot, taking a gentle bite on the carrot until a small bit of it chipped off inside of her mouth. Rainbow Dash blew out a sigh of relief through her nose as she watched Fluttershy chewing the carrot. Her emotions filled with more joy when Fluttershy took another bite of the carrot without any hesitation.

Fluttershy continued to take more bites into the carrot. Rainbow Dash's breathing went slower the closer Fluttershy got. She didn't want to move, lest risk Fluttershy in responding by stopping her eating. She forced herself to keep as still as possible while Fluttershy chomped further and further into the carrot.

Fluttershy continued until she reached the end of the carrot, biting down on the last piece. This caused Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's lips to come into contact with each other. Rainbow Dash's cheeks grew red at the contact, but her body filled with warmth in response. She didn't mean to do it, but her body was instictively kissing Fluttershy at this contact. The feeling was very new to her, but very pleasant. And from the look on Fluttershy's eyes, she seemed to like it as well.

Rainbow Dash instinctively pulled away after a few seconds of holding it, causing the leaf part of the carrot to rip off with her. She ended up swallowing the leaf part as she brought her body back up, panting heavily as she tried to catch her breath over what had just happened. It was shocking... but at the same time... pleasant.

Fluttershy still kept her body low while she was finishing the last of the carrot, but she kept those joyful tearless eyes on her face. Rainbow Dash wasn't sure what to say right now. She wasn't sure if she should say anything at all. All she knew was that she really liked seeing that smile on Fluttershy's face, and she would do anything to make sure they stayed on her face. Rainbow Dash cared about her that much right now. She waited for Fluttershy to swallow the rest of the carrot before she decided to say something.

"...Okay, Fluttershy... let's... get you to bed now..." Rainbow Dash was still trying to recover from her shock, so it was a bit difficult for her to speak clearly. But Fluttershy seemed to understand her. She closed her eyes and actually nodded this time. But what really took Rainbow by surprise was when Fluttershy's tail started to swish around slightly.

It was as if Fluttershy was a helpless animal now... The trauma she had went through must have reduced her into believing that she couldn't take care of anyone anymore, not even herself. She must've been too afraid of everything, too scared to make her own decisions anymore.

Rainbow Dash would say that she didn't know what she should do about this, except she did know. She already made a promise to Fluttershy that she would take care of her, and she intended to keep it, no matter the reason. Fluttershy's behavior here wasn't changing that.

Rainbow Dash slowly got Fluttershy to pick herself on her hooves so that she could lead her to the bed. Fluttershy's hooves were no longer wobbling on her as Rainbow Dash led her. Rainbow Dash lifted the covers so that Fluttershy could climb in. She made sure that Fluttershy was comfortably tucked into bed, leaving a bright smile as she closed her eyes.

It warmed Rainbow Dash's heart to see Fluttershy like this. It just seemed so... cute to her now...

But before Rainbow Dash could lose herself in Fluttershy's form, her attention was brought back to the newspapers that she still held in her tail. She let the newspapers drop to the ground, making sure that Fluttershy was comfortably asleep before she opened them up to read what they said.

It was just as Rainbow Dash had thought. The way these newspapers were dated meant that two days had passed while she was searching for Fluttershy in the Everfree Forest. She didn't remember it being that long, nor did it feel like it. But she guessed that it was her loss in the track of time for how long it felt. The spring otherwise must've done wonders in her healing, but didn't do anything for Fluttershy for some reason. Maybe because Fluttershy didn't actually drink from it like she thought, or Fluttershy's injuries occurred sometime after passing by that spring.

Rainbow Dash couldn't think too much on that right now. She brought her attention to look at the contents of the two newspapers, looking at the earlier dated one first. She cringed at the sight of what it was about. It mentioned not only the burning of Fluttershy's cottage being discovered, but also the explosion that happened at the Weather Factory. The paper provided a picture of Rainbow Dash very close to the camera with glaring eyes and gritted teeth. Underneath the picture, it was saying that Rainbow Dash was the blame for both of these events.

Rainbow Dash's breath became heavy as she saw those words. But then she started seeing more pictures that were provided with the reasons for the cottage's burn down. One of the pictures showed Fluttershy crying with her hooves in her face while Rainbow Dash was yelling at her... The sight of the picture tore at Rainbow Dash's heart. She continued looking through the pictures.

There was one when Fluttershy was zapped with the lightning cloud, one where Fluttershy was jumping in surprise after Rainbow Dash had dissipated a cloud, one where Fluttershy was dodging a lightning strike, and one where Rainbow Dash was charging at Fluttershy in the middle of a large lightning storm with a mean look on her face.

Rainbow Dash could recognize that moment. That was the moment she had saved Fluttershy by getting her out of that dangerous storm cloud just in time. But the last picture told her a completely different story. Her stomach dropped to a bottomless pit at the sight of the last one.

The last picture showed Rainbow Dash kicking lightning from a storm cloud while the cottage was in flames and collapsing. The paper said that this was the undeniable proof they received that Rainbow Dash had been the one responsible for the destruction of the cottage. It was saying that she had caused the death of hundreds of animals. Many animals were inside the cottage at the time of the fire... and according to their results... none of them had survived.

Rainbow Dash's ears flattened. She found it very hard to breathe at the realization. Rainbow Dash simply couldn't believe it, but her actions of destroying the cottage was staring right at her in the face. Her voice stuttered a bit, attempting to let out a scream. She tried to hold it in as best she could.

But then she remembered. Those pictures must've came from her camera. She remembered taking one of those pictures out. That meant she had one right now, and it was in her mane. She was hesitant to take it out, because she never looked at it. But if there was anything to prove to her that she didn't do this on purpose, this would be it. Taking a deep breath, she reached into her mane to pull out the picture so that she could look at what it had.

The picture contained Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy together, hugging each other in their tears. The picture gave her an odd sense of relief and regret at the same time. That cloud in the background putting out the fire with its rain, and the comforting hug that she was giving Fluttershy, convinced her that she didn't do this on purpose.

However, her actions at the Weather Factory still existed. The only information that they had on the first newspaper was that witnesses described Rainbow Dash breaking into the Weather Factory, and purposely setting off the tested storage chamber of clouds to explode. Rainbow Dash's gut hit her full force, because that was exactly how she recalled that event. There wasn't anymore information other than that on the first newspaper, so she had to look at what happened the next day.

But what Rainbow Dash saw made her eyes widen in shock. The first words that she saw were about her blame of the two events being lifted. It said that Twilight and the rest of her friends had investigated the situation, and there was a lot more that they didn't know about, even something Rainbow Dash didn't know.

The paper mentioned that somepony at the Weather Factory had sabotaged it on purpose as a method of revenge, but their intention wasn't this at all, and certainly wasn't intended for Fluttershy. They wanted revenge for a certain clumsy pegasus named Derpy for when she accidentally wrecked some of their property after trying to make a delivery. It was an event that happened a long time ago, and they had planned for the perfect way to get revenge. Instead of having her pay for the damages, they wanted to see her suffer the same type of punishment.

The paper didn't say who it was that wanted this revenge because they never found the culprit. They got the information from the pegasi that were hired to assist whoever had caused this. Those pegasi's jobs were to make sure that the storage had nothing but defective clouds on the day only Derpy was scheduled to use them, which unfortunately was also the same day that this tragic event occurred. Their reasons for doing this was so that Derpy would accidentally cause some damage to her own property, making her think that she was fully responsible for it for when it happened.

The paper said that neither Rainbow Dash nor Fluttershy were responsible for what had happened to the destruction of the cottage, or the death of those animals. The true reason for that destruction was defective clouds that neither of them knew about or had control over. Although, the paper was also trying to say that Rainbow Dash may not be responsible for the destruction of the Weather Factory. Their proof relied upon other witnesses saying that Rainbow Dash was the one who had warned them to evacuate, which is what truly allowed them to have absolutely no casualties occur when the factory blew up.

The paper concluded that neither Rainbow Dash nor Fluttershy had been seen ever since these events. Rainbow Dash's heart twisted in a very complicated way after finishing the reading. She knew that she was the one who had caused the Weather Factory to explode, so the paper saying that she wasn't responsible for it made her feel very conflicted.

But she did know one thing. The only reason that these events had happened at all was because of one thing. Revenge. After reading the paper, that's what Rainbow Dash wanted for whoever had caused this. But revenge was the reason why it happened at all. And she already proved that when she...

Rainbow Dash squeezed her eyes shut as her mind pounded on her. She let out a painful whine as so much regret filled her heart right now. It didn't matter what the paper said. The fact that she was partly responsible for what had happened to Fluttershy still remained. She brought those clouds to Fluttershy, and she blew up the Weather Factory. She may not have meant it, but she still blamed herself for it, because she knew things the paper didn't.

Rainbow Dash wished she didn't know what she knew. She may not have known those weather clouds were defective, but that wasn't good enough for her. She tried to block out the whole event. She immediately slipped the photo in her drawer and out of sight while she slid the two newspapers under her bed. She cleared her mind of all the negative thoughts that had plagued her mind. It was as if all that swam in her mind was nothing but negative thoughts for the past two days. She had to remember what she truly wanted to do right now. She wanted to take care of Fluttershy. She wanted to keep her happy. And she couldn't do that if she was always thinking negative all the time.

*"But you can’t give it to them unless you give it to yourself first! Think positive, Fluttershy!"* Those words repeated in Rainbow Dash's head. It was the only successful thing she had told Fluttershy that gave her progress. That situation was very true right now. She had to keep herself positive if she was going to keep Fluttershy happy.

After taking a deep breath, Rainbow Dash looked back to Fluttershy's sleeping form. Fluttershy did not hold joy in her face, only whimpering. Her face scrunched in a display of fear and sadness while her body shivered under the covers. And this was happening to her because Rainbow Dash wasn't being there for her. Rainbow Dash lied on the bed and brought her head to lay very close to Fluttershy's. She slowly brushed her pink mane with a hoof while she spoke with gentle happiness again.

"Fluttershy... listen, Fluttershy..." Rainbow Dash whispered carefully. "I'm here for you Fluttershy... there's no need to be sad, or scared anymore... I'll take care of you... and I'll never abandon you..." Rainbow Dash's words seemed to slow down Fluttershy's shivering. Rainbow Dash brought a wing under the covers to wrap around Fluttershy's body, allowing her to calm down her whimpering. Rainbow Dash snuggled against Fluttershy very gently. "You're not a bad pony, Fluttershy. Don't... ever think that you are."

Rainbow Dash brought her head to nuzzle with Fluttershy's. Fluttershy gave off a relaxing moan as she displayed her cute smile again, the smile that Rainbow Dash did not want to see fade. Rainbow Dash slowly started closing her eyes with that smile in her mind

It helped when she felt Fluttershy slowly licking her along her neck. The feeling didn't discomfort Rainbow Dash at all, but rather helped her relax as well. Fluttershy really was like an animal now. But not just any animal. She was now Rainbow Dash's pet. And she was happy for that.

If that was what she wanted, Rainbow Dash would allow it. Fluttershy continued to lick Rainbow Dash along her neck as she fell into a deep sleep. Rainbow Dash gave a smooch deep in Fluttershy's mane. There was no reason for her to be sad right now. As long as Fluttershy smiled, Rainbow Dash had all her reasons to be happy.

Rainbow Dash fell into a deep sleep, with her new found pet, Fluttershy.

Author's Note:

Backstory complete.

Remember, this story was a prequel to one of my other stories, so if you haven't read it and want a bit more depth of what this leads to, be sure to check it out. You can find the link in the description.

--
Find any errors? Please notify.

Feed back and criticism are appreciated.

Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoy.