• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 2,354 Views, 50 Comments

Fluttershy's Cloud Lessons - Skylight77



After many of her animal critters' requests, Fluttershy decides to go to Rainbow Dash for lessons on weather clouds. But she asked on the worst day possible.

  • ...
8
 50
 2,354

Finding Fluttershy

Sunset was largely becoming apparent across Ponyville. Rainbow Dash landed near the area where Fluttershy's cottage used to be.

"Fluttershy!" she desperately called out as she looked around. The first thing that she had noticed was the rain cloud that she positioned earlier above the cottage. It was showing its aftershock effect by zapping its lightning among the remains of the cottage.

Rainbow Dash growled through her gritted teeth at the sight. This was absolutely insulting, like this cloud was mocking the destruction of Fluttershy's home. She dashed straight towards the cloud, kicking up dirt in her wake. She made a loud audible grunting yell as she gave the cloud a powerful smack with her hooves. Instead of dissipating, the cloud was knocked down towards the ground. The cloud hit the ground with an audible thud before it dissipated.

Rainbow Dash let a large breath of irritated air escape her. She flew towards the direction she saw Fluttershy run off to, hoping she could find her that way.

"Fluttershy! FLUTTERSHY!" Rainbow Dash called her name, trying to call louder every time. She couldn't hear any response, but she continued looking.

But then, her eyes caught something that made her gasp. She was both hoping and not hoping that it was what she thought it was. She landed towards what she noticed to get a better look, but she didn't want to believe it. She rubbed her eyes, thinking it was an illusion.

"...Oh no..." There was no denying it anymore. Rainbow Dash was looking at Fluttershy's tears. It looked like she had created a puddle with her own tears and ended up stepping on it as she continued to run. But where those tears were heading was what terrified Rainbow Dash.

"No..." She looked up to see that these hoof stepped tears were leading inside the Everfree Forest. This was bringing a majorly bad omen to her mind. After registering this for a few seconds, Rainbow Dash spread her wings again and flew inside the forest.

"Fluttershy! Fluttershy, where are you?! Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash continuously called Fluttershy's name as she looked for her. The tears didn't give her much of a lead as they appeared to dry up shortly after entering. Not to mention the lack of light due to the sunset was severely limiting her visions. She didn't care what sort of creatures she was attracting. All that mattered was that she find Fluttershy. She continued her search despite the potential dangers.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Fluttershy..." Rainbow Dash made a whining groan. "Fluttershy... please answer me..." Rainbow Dash's search had tired out her wings. She was deep inside of the forest, possibly lost now. Regardless, she continued to search. She needed to find Fluttershy no matter what. In order to give her wings a rest, she searched on hoof, continuously calling out Fluttershy's name and hoping to Celestia that she would answer.

______________________________________________________________________________

"urk... Fluttershy..." Rainbow Dash sniffed as tears were starting to return to her eyes. A lot of time had passed since Rainbow Dash's search. She couldn't tell how long she had been searching, but it was starting to prove her futile. She couldn't find her like this.

"...Fluttershy..." Rainbow Dash stopped walking, sobbing as she sat on her haunches. She shut her eyes as she dropped her tired body down on the ground, lying in her depression under utter defeat. She was desperately on the verge of giving up despite her efforts of not wanting to. She didn't want to stop her search, but what could she do?

*HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...* That screamed echoed through her mind again. Fluttershy's terrorizing moment continued to torment her. It was the last that she saw of Fluttershy and not the last she wanted to see.

Rainbow Dash opened her eyes with heavy tears as she picked herself back up. Those cries continued to torture her mind, but it gave her more reason to continue her search. She continued walking with one thought on her mind. Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash's breathing was became unsteady, but her eyes caught something that gave her a stuttered gasp. It was as if Celestia herself had answered her prayers. She was now seeing those teary hoof prints again.

"F-fluttershy..." Rainbow Dash ran her hoof along the first small teary print that she could reach. It looked like the hoof prints would lead her to Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash followed them with her own tears falling on the path. She wouldn't find any joy unless she found Fluttershy herself.

______________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash continued to follow Fluttershy's path even after they diverted from the dirt trail in the forest. She could hear the rustling that was being caused by other potentially dangerous creatures lurking around. Rainbow Dash's stomach couldn't stop twisting as she continued to follow the path like her life depended on it, or rather her closest friend's life.

The further she followed those tears, the less visible they became. But the hoof prints that Fluttershy was leaving behind was becoming increasingly easier for her to see. She couldn't tell if that meant she was getting closer or if she was increasingly recognizing them better, but she continued following them regardless of which reason.

"Fluttershy... *Sniff*... Fluttershy..." Rainbow Dash continued to call her name. The rustling around the area became more apparent overtime. Rainbow Dash cautiously listened to those rustles as she followed the hoof prints.

*Rustle... RUSTLE! SNAP!* "Ahh!" Rainbow Dash jumped backwards, narrowly avoiding the vines that had tried to grab her. She could see a few more moving vines in her area. It felt like there was some sort of Snap Trap around the area.

Rainbow Dash screamed in terror as she rushed out of the area, using her wings again. But she didn't stray from the path she was following. The vines attempted to snap at her, but barely missed her. They gave chase, but due to Rainbow Dash's speed, they shortly became out of reach.

Rainbow Dash landed back on the ground, panting after that heart attack inducing moment. She put a hoof to her aching chest as she caught her breath. If there was any relief to the situation, it was that she didn't lose the path that the hoof prints marked. But she was getting more and more discouraged the longer she followed them. They seemed to go on forever.

"...Fluttershy... please, answer me..." Rainbow Dash sniffed as her tone became softer and softer, losing her voice overtime. "Please, say something... Fluttershy..."

______________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash's motivation was slowly losing her. Her muscles strained as she continued to travel. She long lost track of how long she had been following these hoof prints. She thought she could hear the rustling sounds of the hoof steps up ahead on multiple occasions, but every time her hopes came up, there was never a sign of Fluttershy, only more hoof prints without noises.

*HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...* Rainbow Dash dropped her body to the ground, placing both hooves over her closed eyes as she continued to weep. Fluttershy's scream just continued to torment her mind. She regretted all of the nasty things that she had ever said to Fluttershy in the past. She only wanted her to be more assertive and outgoing. She wanted her to have the kind of fun that she felt.

And she was succeeding. Overtime, Fluttershy had shown more and more progress of coming out of her shell. She was able to take care of herself on even more occasions than ever before.

But now... this was the result. She regretted ever trying to bring Fluttershy out of her shell. She should have never given Fluttershy the confidence to be more outgoing. Fluttershy would still have her animal friends. Fluttershy would've still been living with them, alone and happy, just her and her animals living in that lively cottage.

Rainbow Dash lied there, wallowing in her own torment for an extended time. She didn't realize her conscious had lost itself in her mind as she thought about Fluttershy. She didn't know how long she was lying there, but her body felt numb and weak when she regained her senses.

Rainbow Dash hesitantly picked herself back up on her wobbly legs, using a shaky hoof to wipe some of the tears off her eyes. She didn't care how brave Fluttershy was anymore. She just wanted to see her friend okay. She wanted to see Fluttershy safe.

A few whimpers escaped Rainbow Dash's mouth as she continued walking, still following the hoof prints as if they were taunting her. She tried to call out Fluttershy's name again.

But no words were able to leave her mouth.

______________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash's breathing became slowly hesitant. After much more traveling, something new caught her eye up ahead. Whatever it was, it was very bright. The hoof prints were leading her towards this light. She slowly walked her aching body towards it, half hoping that this light was leading outside. If it lead outside, at least Fluttershy would be in a more safe environment.

Rainbow Dash wasn't sure what the other half she was hoping for. Maybe she was afraid of how delicate Fluttershy would be around others now. Maybe she was hoping it would lead her to answers to where Fluttershy was. She wasn't sure what she was hoping for at the time. All she really knew was that she wanted to find Fluttershy beyond these lights. Her body scraped through the bushes concealing the light as she held on to that hope.

But she didn't find Fluttershy beyond these lights. They weren't even leading outside. These lights lead to what looked like a bright spring. The spring was being illuminated by many fireflies flying just above it.

Rainbow Dash tried to get her voice to work, but all that escaped were her painful moans. Her throat stung her every time she made a noise out of them. She couldn't even get whispers to form out of her mouth. Only her movements were still alive, yet dead as they continued to grow more numb. She continued to walk towards the spring.

Fluttershy's hoof prints disappeared inside the waters of the spring. Rainbow Dash slowly walked up to it, hesitant to look inside. A wave of both relief and despair was filling her soul at the presence of the bright calm water, seeing her depressed reflection staring straight back at her. Her body started to return their feelings at the sight of this reflection. The pain and exhaustion that her traveling had given her was returning. Her body yearned to drink from this spring.

Rainbow Dash winced as she obeyed her body's instincts to do what it needed. She slowly dipped her muzzle into the spring, sipping large contents of the water into her mouth. The dehydration that her body was suffering became apparent when the water soaked along the inner walls of her throat. The water was easing her body, but her mind continued to twist. She opened her eyes to gaze upon her reflection as she drank. She could see the colors in her eyes changing. Those magenta eyes slowly started turning into a cyan color. They were the eyes of Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash's heart pounded into a deeper depression as she saw those pupils pulsating slightly. It pained her more than when she was seeing her own eyes.

Rainbow Dash squeezed her eyes shut and pulled her muzzle away from the water. She couldn't handle the depressed figure that she witnessed. It was bringing Fluttershy's tormenting scream back into her mind. A whine escaped her sore lungs as she slowly brought her head down to rest.

The taste of the spring started registering to Rainbow Dash. She was conflicted by this odd taste. If she didn't know better, she would say that she was actually drinking Fluttershy's tears. The spring obviously wasn't Fluttershy's tears, but to Rainbow Dash, it somehow felt as if it was. Maybe it was because she was drinking at the spot where some of Fluttershy's tears fell. Which meant that she must've drank from here as well.

Rainbow Dash let her head drop to the ground. Her ears flattened against the sides of her head as her mind wandered in her own torment. Fluttershy was here, but she was no where in sight. She felt so close to her, yet so far. It was as if Fluttershy was so scared that she was even avoiding Rainbow Dash on purpose. That feeling made Rainbow Dash really sick to her stomach. She wanted to protect Fluttershy, not harm her or scare her.

Rainbow Dash's hope for finding Fluttershy was failing her. All of the signs that she had followed that would lead to Fluttershy continued to taunt her with their false hope. She continued to lie at the front edge of the bright spring, weeping her sorrows as her own tears dropped into it.

______________________________________________________________________________

After much time had passed, Rainbow Dash felt one of the fireflies from the spring fly and land onto her nose. The bright light that it emitted shined even through her closed eyes. She awakened and opened her teary eyes to see that firefly. The firefly removed itself from her nose and floated up in response. Rainbow Dash hesitated a little before she slowly picked her body up, sobbing a little as she did so.

It was odd. This firefly slowly circled along Rainbow Dash's visions as if it was calling to her. The firefly started floating around the outside circle of the spring, bobbing up and down as it occasionally moved a bit towards her before continuing its path. It was an odd sense of calling that brightened up some hope left in her. No matter how much the signs seemed to taunt her, more signs came.

Rainbow Dash hesitantly followed this firefly along the spring. She no longer tried to form words, only her actions and reasons reached her now. She followed this firefly as if it was Fluttershy herself, or at least more so her only lead to Fluttershy left.

Rainbow Dash's ears perked up when they caught those rustling sounds again. They were in the direction that the firefly was leading her.

When they reached just about the other side of the spring, the firefly started flying back to it. To Rainbow Dash, that didn't matter anymore, because she discovered what the firefly was trying to show her. Fluttershy's hoof prints were leading out of the spring, continuing deeper into the forest.

Rainbow Dash's ears caught the sound of more rustling. Those noises sounded very close by. Rainbow Dash continued on into the forest with a slight new found hope. She would never find that relief again unless she saw Fluttershy herself with her own eyes. It was like she had to repeat that in her head over and over again. Nothing really led her to Fluttershy, until she saw her with her own eyes.

______________________________________________________________________________

A bit more time had passed and Rainbow Dash could still hear the rustling ahead of her. But now, a new wave of anxiety rushed through her body. She started hearing multiple rustling sounds up ahead. They were in the direction that the hoof prints were leading her.

Rainbow Dash's eyes widened as she feared the worst. She quickened her pace, following both the sounds and the hoof prints. The rustling became clearer and clearer the further she went. She was losing more control of her breathing the louder those rustlings sounded.

But then her breath stopped when the rustling ceased. Rainbow Dash's nerves were attempting to paralyze her movements. It was almost as if the rustling sounds were just more tricks being played on her mind. But the hoof prints still existed, so she forced herself to continue. Up ahead, she saw the path being concealed by thicker bushes.

There was a low growl sound present on the other side. Rainbow Dash's mind raced much more aggressively at that moment. She could hear those screams tormenting her mind again. Rainbow Dash wasted no time in passing through the thick bushes, seeing exactly what was ahead.

Rainbow Dash's breath released a small gasp from her mouth upon seeing what was on the other side... All of the signs had finally rewarded her... The first thing that came into Rainbow Dash's sights in this clearing when she passed through those bushes, was the very one that she had been searching for all this time.

Fluttershy.

All of the feelings on Rainbow Dash's body and senses immediately returned to her. Though Fluttershy wasn't alone here. There were three creatures slowly treading closer to her, each of them Timberwolves. They must've been the one that did that growling she heard earlier. But one of them looked as if it was missing an ear.

Fluttershy was backed and curled up against a tree. Her coat and mane no longer held those burnt marks, but filled with a mess of grass and dirt, along with what looked like a few bruises. She was also holding something in her hooves that she was rubbing close to her body. It looked like the piece of wood that formed the missing ear of that timberwolf.

A large new bound of hope and determination filled Rainbow Dash's heart. The water that she drank from that spring earlier suddenly felt like it was taking effect and restoring the ache in her body. She growled as her body shivered at the sight of the timberwolves that were slowly closing in on Fluttershy with those low growls. They were about to harm Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash spread her wings, launching herself into the air with the desires of stopping these timberwolves at all costs.

*Rrr...* The timberwolves slowly treaded closer to Fluttershy's whimpering body. She didn't look like she was trying to run away. She just sat there, paralyzed by fear and holding that wooden stick close by. Was she even aware of what she was holding?

When one of the timberwolves came close enough, it gave off a loud roar while it lunged at Fluttershy.

*Smash!* Fluttershy winced when that timberwolf was stomped on by the force of the flying pegasus. Some of the wood from the timberwolf's body was scattered after Rainbow Dash's attack. The other timberwolves let out a roar, lunging at Rainbow Dash when they became aware of her presence.

Rainbow Dash jumped backwards and out of the way, causing the two timberwolves to collide with each other. The timberwolf that she smashed into previously managed to pick itself back up. The other two soon followed suit. Rainbow Dash kept a glaring focus on these timberwolves, blowing out steam through her nostrils while her wings shuttered for battle. She wanted to make sure their attention was away from Fluttershy.

The three timberwolves charged at Rainbow Dash with loud roars. Rainbow Dash started flying in circles with great speed, immediately kicking up a powerful wind. When the timberwolves lunged into this wind, each one let out a cry as their bodies were launched upwards due to the wind's power.

Rainbow Dash charged at one of the timberwolves that was helplessly blown in the air. She let out a large grunt as she forced a lot of power into smacking that timberwolf down towards the ground. The timberwolf was thrown against a tree, shattering upon impact.

The other two timberwolves had landed back on the ground. One of them had picked itself up and was charging back towards Fluttershy. It was the one with the missing ear. Rainbow Dash flew straight towards its back, slamming it to fall onto its belly and stopping it in its tracks. Rainbow Dash used her teeth to bite on its wooden neck, using her strength to pull on it and break it off, causing the timberwolf to let out a roaring cry.

*Chomp!* "Ahh!" Rainbow Dash felt her tail being bitten and tugged on by the last timberwolf. She took off into the air, dragging the timberwolf with her. She struggled to keep herself in the air as the weight and wiggling of this timberwolf threw off her flight path.

But Rainbow Dash was able to fly between a narrow passage of bushes, She was able to get the timberwolf to lose its grip on her tail, but not without taking a few of her hairs with it. Rainbow Dash flicked her tail, trying to brush off the pain that she felt on it.

But right when she regained her attention, the timberwolf lunged onto her, pushing her a bit of a distance before slamming her down onto her back. The timberwolf barked aggressively, showering its bad breath on Rainbow Dash's face while it was trying to sink its wooden teeth on her. Rainbow Dash was putting all of her strength in her hooves, keeping its head as far away from her as she could muster. Her body struggled to keep her grip and strength on the wiggling head.

Rainbow Dash looked away from the bad smelling breath this timberwolf was giving her. Rather than her own life, her bigger concern lied on who was behind her. Fluttershy. She hadn't moved from her spot. She just continued to rub that wooden ear while her eyes hid behind her mane, blocking out her visions of the battle. Even her ears were flattened against her head. The display of fear caused Rainbow Dash's heart to pound faster and pump more adrenaline into her body. She had to protect Fluttershy at all cost.

Rainbow Dash gritted her teeth harder as she put more strength in her hooves. She started flapping her wings underneath the timberwolf, allowing herself to slide on her back. This caused the timberwolf to lose its grip on top of Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash was able to use this moment to sweep her hooves along the ground, swiping the timberwolf's legs, causing it to trip. She then kicked the timberwolf from under its chin, causing its body to thrust upward on its hind legs. She finished off by flying upwards to it, sending it slightly in the air before she pushed it straight back down, slamming it into the the timberwolf with the missing ear, shattering both of them upon impact.

Rainbow Dash's body slightly flexed up and down as she tried to settle her heavy breathing down. All of the timberwolves were shattered. It was silent now, save for Rainbow Dash's low, yet heavy breathing. But there was also a silent whimper as well...

Rainbow Dash slowly turned around to look back to Fluttershy. She could see those pulsating eyes staring back at her with fear. The sight of Fluttershy's body shivering when she was looking back pained Rainbow Dash's heart. But it was worse when it appeared that Fluttershy was trying to lean away from Rainbow Dash, ready to crawl away with the timberwolf's ear at any second.

Disbelief and despair filled in Rainbow Dash's eyes. Fluttershy wasn't saying anything, but the look on those eyes were telling her everything on how Fluttershy felt right now.

Those eyes... they held no confidence... no bravery... only fear, and sadness. It twisted Rainbow Dash's heart seeing those eyes the way they were. She desperately wanted to find Fluttershy, but she didn't want to see her like this...

Before Rainbow Dash found the conscious to move her legs, a green magical aura started resonating underneath them and around the area. Rainbow Dash's eyes shifted to the piles of wood that belong to the timberwolves from earlier. They were all starting to shake lightly as the aura floated around. Even the one that Fluttershy was holding was shaking. But Fluttershy's attention stayed on Rainbow Dash, ignoring all of the aura resonating around the area. All of the pieces of wood were starting to float off of the ground. But the one Fluttershy was holding had stopped shaking and didn't move from her grip.

Rainbow Dash squeezed her eyes shut, beating her own mind mentally. These timberwolves were putting themselves back together. She had no time to feel despair right now. She had to get these timberwolves to leave them alone.

While the timberwolves were putting themselves back together, Rainbow Dash took off into the air again. She charged straight for one of the trunks of the trees. She brought one of her hind hooves to kick out against the trunk as soon as she came within range.

Rainbow Dash's kick caused a large stump of the tree to break off, leaving the rest of the tree to land perfectly back together with a loud thud, completely balanced to not fall over. The large stump that she broke off was now carried in her hooves. The wood from the timberwolves started to form together into a much larger timberwolf. Rainbow Dash flew up into the air with the trunk in hoof. She started twirling herself around, allowing the trunk to build up momentum in her spin.

When all of the pieces of wood had formed together to create a giant timberwolf, it released a very loud and extended roar. The force of its breath blew against the trees, attempting to pry their leaves and branches off of them. As soon as that monster let out its roar, Rainbow Dash released her grip from that trunk, tossing it straight towards the timberwolf while it was roaring.

The trunk collided against the monster with a bang, causing it to instantly shattered to many pieces once again. But it didn't matter how many times they were shattered. If those pieces of wood weren't gathered into her hooves, they would always be able to regenerate back up.

This must've been why they were trying to attack Fluttershy, because of the one she had in her hooves. There were too many pieces for Rainbow Dash to gather herself, so her only option was to get them away from here.

Rainbow Dash started flying around in a circle around the piles of wood, using her wing power to stir up a powerful wind. The wind was able to generate a vacuum tornado that was sucking in all of the pieces of wood around the area inside her circle while blowing against everything outside of it.

The wind was blowing on Fluttershy powerfully. She held the timberwolf's ear tightly against her body while the wind knocked her to the ground, causing her body to slide. Her tears were being blown off of her while she whimpered in fear.

Rainbow Dash shot herself out of the tornado when they were all gathered up, sliding her hooves across the ground and kicking up dirt before she was able to come to a stop. The tornado was starting to break apart, tossing out all of the timberwolves' pieces randomly across the Everfree Forest. They were blown a very long distance away. Rainbow Dash didn't know and didn't care where they would land, as long as they landed very far away from them.

Rainbow Dash hesitantly looked back to Fluttershy after the wind had settled. She saw Fluttershy curled against the ground, looking back at her with even more tearful pulsating eyes. Her body just wouldn't stop shivering. Rainbow Dash could clearly hear her whimpers as her tears continued to fall on the stick she still held.

The look on her face continued to tear at Rainbow Dash's heart. She tried to move closer to Fluttershy, wanting to do whatever she could to calm her down. But the second she moved, Fluttershy flinched backwards. Rainbow Dash froze in her tracks the second she saw that fear intensify. It hadn't occurred to her that all of the pain that she was feeling while searching this forest was only probably a fraction of the pain Fluttershy was feeling right now.

Rainbow Dash didn't blame her. She must've been blaming herself for what had happened to her home and animals. She was fearing everything around her, including her own self. Those animals were everything to her. They were her life. To lose everything due to her own actions just like that... to lose... Angel... to lead Tank to his...

"F-fluttershy... p-please..." Rainbow Dash finally found her voice again. She put all of the sanity she had left in her into forming her words. They seemed to be reaching Fluttershy as her head shifted slightly in Rainbow Dash's direction. Rainbow Dash continued to pull words out of her mouth. "...You don't have to say anything, but please... listen to me..." She spoke in a very soft tone for Fluttershy.

Fluttershy's attention was slowly coming into more focus on Rainbow Dash. Her tears seemed to be slowing down slightly as a result. Rainbow Dash continued to push her words out, but she let them out as gently as possible.

"Come back to me, Fluttershy... come back... home..." Rainbow Dash let a few tears fall herself from the very delicate situation. "...Please Fluttershy..." Her words seemed to be working. Fluttershy was slowly leaning towards her direction. Her breathing was still rather unsteady, but she managed to take her first step in Rainbow Dash's direction. Rainbow Dash's heart started filling with warmth. She continued her words, letting out a small smile.

"That's it Fluttershy... there's no need to be afraid of me..." Rainbow Dash let herself sit on her rump while she continued. "...I'm here for you, Fluttershy. ...I'll take care of you..." Fluttershy let the wood she was holding drop to the ground as she continued walking her shaky legs closer to Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash's heart continued to fill with more warmth the closer Fluttershy got.

"Please come back, Fluttershy... come back with me..." Rainbow Dash let her hooves open out for Fluttershy when she got close enough. This made Fluttershy freeze where she was. Rainbow Dash kept her hopeful look on Fluttershy, keeping very still. She barely breathed, her heart beat very slowly, and she kept her body as still as possible. This was a very delicate situation. All that was left was what Fluttershy chose right here and now.

And Fluttershy, chose Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy thrusted her body towards Rainbow Dash's forelegs, letting out a large cry that was muffled into her cyan coat. Rainbow Dash's heart burned with an intense heat of relief and joy as she embraced Fluttershy strongly in her hug.

"It's okay, Fluttershy... let it all out." Rainbow Dash slowly rubbed the pink mane as she whispered to Fluttershy, comforting her as best as she could. She could feel Fluttershy's sobbing hitting her chest with full force. No amount of tears would stop her though. Rainbow Dash's only reasons left lied on comforting and protecting Fluttershy, doing whatever she could to be there for her.

"I'm here for you, Fluttershy. And I promise, I won't let anything happen to you." Rainbow Dash let out a smile as she let her own tears fall into the pink mane that she continued to brush. The comfort was working, as Fluttershy's sobbing was slowing down. She still didn't say anything, but Rainbow Dash didn't care. All that mattered to her now, was Fluttershy's safety.

Rainbow Dash started hearing the low rustlings of other creatures that were lurking in the forest. She couldn't tell if they were dangerous or not, but Fluttershy started shivering into her coat when those sounds came up. Rainbow Dash slowly covered one of Fluttershy's ears with a hoof while she used her chest to cover the other.

It seemed that Fluttershy was at a state where just about anything would set her off. Rainbow Dash could hear that scream silently echo in her head again. It wasn't so much a torment as it was a mental warning that she gave herself. If Fluttershy entered that state again, Rainbow Dash may never be able to calm her down again.

It was time for them to get moving. Fluttershy was in no condition to take care of herself, so Rainbow Dash had to get her out herself. But the situation was very delicate, so she had to be very careful.

Rainbow Dash slowly spread out her wings, but kept her hooves embraced strongly on Fluttershy. She flapped her wings with just enough speed and strength to slowly carry them both in the air. Their bodies slowly lifted off the ground, Fluttershy's legs sliding off and dangling as they left contact. Rainbow Dash wasn't entirely sure what that spring from earlier did to her exactly, but she knew that all of her strength returned to her a while after she drank it. And Rainbow Dash had been using that strength to protect and take care of Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash allowed her wings to take them both above the forest, keeping her head close to Fluttershy. She didn't know how much time had passed, but it was currently night. There were always more mysterious things that occurred with this forest, some good, some bad. Even the skies were potentially dangerous because of the clouds that moved on their own. So while they were up here, Rainbow Dash had to make sure that none were close by, less they break Fluttershy into that terrifying cry again.

Rainbow Dash started flying in the direction of Ponyville, keeping her flight as steady as possible. It was always easy for Rainbow Dash to carry Fluttershy in her flight, and this time was almost no different. The only difference this time was that she had to be very gentle with her flight this time.

Rainbow Dash looked down to Fluttershy's mane as she flew. She still kept Fluttershy's ears covered, but it seemed that Fluttershy had been able to calm down a bit. She could still hear a very silent sobbing coming from her, but it was heartwarming to Rainbow Dash to see her quiet down.

"Don't worry, Fluttershy... everything's going to be okay..." Rainbow Dash wanted to believe that those words would be true, even if she had to make them true herself.

Author's Note:

--
Find any errors? Please notify.

Feed back and criticism are appreciated.

Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoy.