• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 2,099 Views, 104 Comments

Daily Lie - Lady Brony



Scootaloo opens up to her daughter about her old wounds and dark past as a teenager.

  • ...
16
 104
 2,099

Chapter 6

In a way I'm glad Nova came home when she did, the fight that Rumble and me was beginning to get ugly. We wound have to talk about it later for now, focus on Nova’s special someone. Crimson towered over my husband and me. I suddenly feel short now but at least I'm still taller than Nova.

“Sup." Crimson said. Nova gave him a burning glare and a gentle nudge in the shoulder. “ Its nice to meet you." he continued. He seemed a bit awkward, maybe Nova dragged him when he dropped her off. Yeah, my daughter would do something like this. She's known to be a little bossy occasionally. Must get that from her father’s side because I'm certainly not like that.

“It’s good meet to you too." I said. My husband said nothing and stared down Crimson while Nova looked away to take off her jacket without her noticing. As if he’s waiting for a reason to kick him out of the house. Drama’s a brewing tonight.

“I should go, it’s pretty late." Crimson said nervously. “Bye." Rumble gives a subtle smile but again Nova doesn’t see it when she said her goodbyes to him. If she did she would give her dad an earful for embarrassing her.

“I'm going outside for a sec." Nova said, before Rumble or I had a chance to say anything Nova and Crimson went out the door. I watch them from the window. They both walked hand in hand to where his car is parked, on the side of the road, across from the house.

“What are they doing now?” Rumble asked. “I swear if he puts his hands on her. I'm getting my gun license and we’re having a “talk” in the backyard." I started laughing at him and how ridiculous he’s being. He is being a classic over protective father with his daughter dating. Every parent has to go through this.

“She’ll be fine. Let’s go give her privacy.” I said once I calmed down. “And I doubt the gun store is going to let you a gun just because your daughter has a colt-friend.”

“Alright Scoots, no guns. Can I at least yell him if he makes her cry? Coming to bed?” He asked. I rolled my eyes at him and sighed.

“Sure but after I'm done with him first then he's all yours." I joked. Rumble and me made our way to bedroom upstairs.

Then it hit me as I got in the bed. Nova appeared happy. She had this huge on her face while talking to Crimson standing nearby his car. I haven’t seen her smile or laugh in months. I began to think she lost the ability. After Nova’s surgery made her an easy target, she was depressed to the point where she quit the cheerleading team because she no longer had the passion. She gave up her social life and started staying home on the weekends.

It was hard to see my daughter just stop being her loving fun, goofball self. I wanted to her in counseling to help her dealt with whatever her were problems because she didn't to speak to me or really anyone about it. But Nova refused to go. She said therapy is for nut cases or weirdos and she didn't need it. I dropped it after fighting with her for weeks. It wasn't worth the battle to me. I still remember the upsetting phone call I got from her when she first returned to school after the surgery.

***

“Have a great first day back” I said as Nova snatched her backpack off the floor of the car. She wore a purple baggy hoodie to cover the bandages around her back. Although I told her that it wasn't necessary because the stitches were taken out and the doctor said it was fine if she didn't wear them as the wing joint healed.

However she insisted she wanted to hide it and didn't the other ponies to see it. I sighed and allowed it since there was no need to fight about something so minor.

“Do I have to start today?” Nova said, as zipped up her sweater as high as it would go.
“Nova, you missed two weeks already and you constantly complained how bored you were. Now you can see your friends and return to the cheerleader team.” I said.

But Cara and Ruby didn't even come see me while I was away. It’s like they don’t even care." Nova pointed out.

I'm sure it’s just a misunderstanding. They were probably worried about you." I reassured her. “Also don’t forget your dad is picking you up at lunch for follow up appointment at Dr. Hatch." Nova was in the clear with not having the cancer come back however the doctor who performed the surgery. Said he wasn't taking any chances and wanted to see Nova bi-weekly to be on the safe side.

“Thanks." Nova said, as she closed the car door be hide her. I drove off and headed back home.

***

When I got home my husband was reading a newspaper in the living room. He didn't notice me as I walked in the same room where he was. He must be caught up in his reading again. I thought it was too good to pass up. I crept closer to where he sitting.

Then I put my hands on his shoulders. “Hey honey." Rumble almost jumped out of the chair.

“Dammit S-scoots, how many times do I have to tell you not to do that? I'm going to have a heart attack one day. Rumble said as slowed down his breathing.

“Quit being an easy target." I smirked. Rumble rolled his eyes. Scaring Rumble never gets old. His
reactions were priceless.

“Anyway, how do you feel-“ My phone begun vibrating loudly in my purse by the front door, I placed
down when I got home.

“Hold that thought my phone is going off." I said, as I looked the caller ID it read “Nova." Why was she calling me? School hadn't started yet. Maybe she forget a textbook in her room. Hitting the “Accept”
bottom on the screen , answering it.
“Hi Nova,,”
I heard quiet shuttle sounds on the other side. “H-hello?”

“Mom, can I come home?” Nova said, it like she had been crying.

“Why? What happened?” I asked with concern.

“Cara and Ruby said they don’t want anything with one winged freak and I should fall off a cliff." Nova said with sadness in her voice.

“Well, that’s not very nice but you can’t miss class for that reason." I said while I tried to play hardball.

“I have art with Cara and I don’t want to see her right now. Please, I’ll go tomorrow." I heard Nova cry again, it broke my heart. I would hated my next decision.

“Sweetie, calm down. I’ll come get you. Meet me where I dropped you off." I gave in. “I’ll see you in a bit."

“Okay, bye." Nova said, as it seemed to relaxed her.

“Bye." I said and hung up.

“What was that about?” Rumble said from the room over, reading the newspaper;

“That was Nova and she asked to come home." I told him.

“Why? Did something happen? Rumble asked as put the newspaper the coffee table..

“She said Ruby and Cara told her that wanted nothing to do with her and said to fall off a cliff.." I said.

“Seriously? I knew her being friends with Diamond and the town drunk daughters was a bad idea." Rumble ranted. “I mean Berry Punch has in rehab three times and had hospitalize twice for alcohol poisoning and don’t even me started on Diamond." When Rumble was in collage he dated Diamond briefly before me and lets just say it was short lived.

“Rumble, yes was a bad idea but there's nothing we can do. I need to go now; can you call the school for me and tell them Nova isn't going to be there?” I said.

“Sure." Rumble said.

I did a search for my car keys and left. “Thanks." I said as I stepped out of the door.

***

I parked on the side of the school and waited for my daughter to show up. I didn't wait long because I saw Nova slowly walking to the car. Her head kept low as she made her way. Her hoodie was zipped up as far it would go.
.
“Hi." Nova said in a low voice.

“Hi sweetie." I said trying to sound cheery. Nova looked on the verge of tears;. “Do you want to talk about it”?

“No can we go now?” Nova said, as tears filled her face.

Torn between what to do. Seeing her this dismayed crushed me and I wanted to go momma bear mood and teach Cara and Ruby some manners. I mean who tells a cancer survivor to fall off a cliff ? What was Diamond putting in her daughter’s head? Diamond had always been like this. When we were all in school her and I hated each other. She used to call me “Chicken Wing” all the time. She could always find a new brand way to pick a fight. One day I got so fed up with her bullshit, I punched her right the face. I was in huge trouble when Dash got word of it. But to me it was so worth getting suspended for three days. She didn't bother me or my friends anymore.

As for Berry, it was like she never disciplined Ruby or her other daughter, Ginger because she's too busy getting wasted. She allows her daughters to get drunk and stay the whole night out on a Thursday. According to Nova, Ruby skipped school the next day. Also she’s not the nicest to her colt-friend, Ryder. At least that’s what I hear. All while Berry is passed out somewhere from drinking too much. It’s unbelievable and irresponsible.

“Okay, we can go home but we’re talking about it later." I said.
“I'd rather not." Nova said, as she wiped tears from her face again. I started up the car and begun to
drove home.

“Sweetie might make you feel better." I said;

“I said I don’t want to talk about it." Nova snapped. “Can we just drop it?”

“Alright, we’ll drop it." I said. I didn't want push her. If she talks about the problem then I’ll be there for her. It might be best for everyone to leave her alone.
***
But however I see glimmers of hope now with her. All I want is Nova to be happy again.

***

On a starry slightly chilly spring night, Crimson had Nova wrapped in his strong arms leaning on the
fro of the car. He is using it as an excuse to keep her close

***

“… he then picked her up and walked out with her.” Nova said, “It was classic drunken shenanigans, I wished I filmed it." Nova filled him in with Ryder and Ruby what happen at the party

Crimson said. “I would have I had done it for you. By the way, your dad was giving me the stink eye whole time." He held her tighter in his arms. Nova turned to face him, his hands are now on her waist.

"He thinks you’re a bad influence on little poor me." Nova flirted. he drew her nearer to him.
“He's right, I'm a horrible influence on you." Crimson said. He leaned down to Nova’s level near her face.

“Just the worst.” Nova smiled and wrapped her hands his neck. No more words spoken after that, Crimson pressed his lips against hers.

For a moment, Nova is invested in the kiss, sharing a second for the night. She pushed harder into his lips. Everything feels a millions better now, that she met him. Crimson held her tightly in the short mare in his arms. Out of the clue, Nova broke the kiss, thinking it is getting late and must be close to midnight. She doesn't want leave him but if she doesn't her dad might drag her kicking and screaming back to the house.

“i should go now, I had a really good time tonight." Nova said.

“Me too, we should really do this again." Crimson replied. He gave her a quick kiss before he released her,

“I think I’d like that. Text me sometime.” Nova said. “Goodnight, Crimson."

“Goodnight Nova." Crimson said, as he slides off the car hood and got in. Nova waved bye to him as he drove off. Nova entered her house.

Author's Note:

Crimson x Nova are so cute together, Don't you think?

Edited by Triaxx2