• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 2,098 Views, 104 Comments

Daily Lie - Lady Brony



Scootaloo opens up to her daughter about her old wounds and dark past as a teenager.

  • ...
16
 104
 2,098

Chapter 5

“So just wondering how do you know Cara?” Nova asked Crimson in the car.

“She’s kind of my step-sister”. He said, while on their way to the party at Cara’s house, she knows she shouldn’t go but Crimson really wanted to. And Nova couldn’t just bring herself to say no to him. She’s simply worried that a fight will break out and she isn’t exactly a black belt.

“Oh, I see but how she kind of your step-sister?” Nova asked.

“My dad is dating her mom for a couple years now. They're buying a bigger house and we’re all moving in together soon”. Crimson said.

'Great, I'm going to see Cara and her bitch mom, Diamond Tiara since I'm sort of seeing her step-son. This party is going to suck big time and be awkward.' Nova thought. “Where are you moving to?”.

“Well we’re staying in Ponyville but they haven’t found a place yet”. Crimson said.

Since Cara and Ruby rejected her, she hasn’t made that many friends for fear of them doing the same. Nova doesn’t want to be like that anymore. She needs to snub the drama for a while and focus on having a great time with Crimson. Her and Crimson gotten closer in the last week.

Although her mother warned her about ditching class, she has been going to the park with him. Beats watching a boring movie in history class. She had more fun with him. The other day, Crimson and her were goofing off when:

***

Nova and Crimson were sitting in their usual “Skip Spot” as Nova calls it. Nova took a chocolate bar out of her bag.

“Can I have some?’ Crimson asked.

“I only have one piece left”. Nova teased. Though it was a brand new, unopened bar.

“Seriously, you have a whole bar. Just one bit c’mon”. Crimson said,

“You have to get it from me if you want some”. Nova taunted as she tore open the wrapper and took a big piece and ate it.

“It’s on”. Crimson said, as reached over but Nova turned away from him.

“Nope”. She laughed as raised her arm up in the air. “C’mon quit hogging it, you're so immature”. He sarcastically said. He leaned over to try and grab it but by accident Crimson slipped, and fell on top of Nova.

They stared onto each other eyes. Nova’s face turned red as she handed the chocolate bar to him. “Here have a piece”. She said. However he had another thought on his mind. Crimson drew Nova nearer to him. “What are you-“.

Before she knew it, Crimson and her were lip locked. She had thoughts of breaking the kiss but decided to just to go with it. However she actually liked it, after the shock wore off. She wrapped her arm around his neck and filled the tiny gap between them. Crimson gently laid her on the ground staying on top of her.

He pushed his lips harder as he stroked her hair. She felt a tug on her teal tank top; it was getting yanked up a few inches exposed her bra and his hands sliding down her pant leg. That was a bit much for her and they were in a public place, got to have some class. She shoved him off of her. In her mind she slapped him in the face. They hadn’t even their real date yet.

“W-what was that for?” He said confused.

“We’re not doing this if you're not going to keep your hands to yourself” Nova barked, she pulled her shirt come back down to when it originally was to be.

“Uhh, sorry, want to get some lunch? My treat.” Crimson said dumbfounded.
“It’s okay, sure I'm a bit hungry, let’s go”. Nova said. Decided to let it go, it wasn’t that bad. At least he stopped and apologized before things went too far.

***

They arrived at the party. Nova and Crimson got out of the car then headed for the house

“Does Cara know I'm coming to the party?” Nova inquired, as Crimson rang the doorbell. She has a bad feeling about this.

“No actually I just told her I was bringing someone and she said it was fine. Why?” Crimson said.

“Well, it’s a long story but in short we were friends then we had really big fight and we haven’t really gotten along since.” Nova said. Crimson was about to say something but the door opened by the hostess.

“Hey Crimson” Cara smiled it disappeared when she saw Nova standing next to him. “And Nova, you’re here too”. Cara said it as if she wanted to throw up and gave Nova a death glare. “Come in”. Nova said nothing because she didn’t want ruin her date and she’ll just have to ignore her rudeness for tonight. But in normal situations she would given just as mean a comeback.

In the party house, ponies are chugging down beer or doing drinking games. There was one when if someone said the word “football” or if there is a touchdown the players have to take a shot of tequila as a game is on.

“You want a drink?” Crimson asked.

“Yeah sure”. Nova said. Cara is glaring at her and she wanted to get away from her. “I could use one”. She said as she tried to play it off as a joke but isn’t at the same time.

They walked in the kitchen where the cooler of beers are. He opened it the cooler and handed Nova one then took a can for himself. Crimson cracked opened the can and drank a bit. Nova opened hers too and drank it but hated the tang of the drink. It had a weird after taste of fruit and made her throat hurt.

“I’ll finish that for you”. Crimson said when he observed Nova looking like she needed to gag.

“Aren’t you driving?” Nova said. Once she spitted it in sink and washed it.

“I’ll be fine, I can handle my booze”. Crimson said,

“Okay, but don’t get too drunk, you said you’ll drive me home later”. Nova said. She would have to keep a watch on his drinking.

“I won’t, I'm not that stupid. Anyway, want to play some darts?“ Crimson said.

“Yeah, that sounds fun”. Nova agreed. She hasn’t played darts in forever.

***

Darts scattered everywhere as they played in the den. Amazingly Nova is winning, so far she has every dart on target. It began slowly picking at Crimson’s ego that his date was beating him at his own game; his cutie mark is a dartboard with a bull’s eye in the middle. He has to step up his game, he hasn’t lost a game yet and it isn’t starting today. Crimson grabbed the last dart; with all his might he threw it at the board.

Only to miss and hit the wall, putting a huge hole in it.

Crimson pulled put the dart and made the hole bigger. “Fuck”. Crimson whispered under his breath. His stepsister is going to slay him when she finds out. This party isn’t exactly parent approved. Nova laughed at his failed attempt. “Nice one, Cara might just kick you out for wracking the place” She teased.

In panic, Crimson snapped up a potted plant to cover the hole. “How does that look?” He asked.

“Looks tiny bit suspicious, like something is hidden”. Nova said, she is quite amused by this.

“Dammit, your right. Let’s walk away and never speak of this again.” Crimson said.

“Okay, if you’re done at sucking darts already, I could use another drink”. Nova gloated. Crimson rolled his eyes, she’s lucky she’s cute otherwise she probably wouldn't be getting away with it..

***

Nova and Crimson went the kitchen where the booze is. Nova helped herself to another beer in the cooler then she tossed him one. All of a sudden, Crimson drew Nova from behind, closer to him by her waist. “What are you up to? Nova giggled. “Wanted to be close to a beauty like yourself”. Crimson said, he moved down his hands her hips.

“That’s very sweet but let’s take things slow”. Nova said, she took his hands off her. She isn’t having him any ideas on the first date plus she hardly knows him.

“Okay, I’ll control myself”. Crimson said. As he ran his hands thorough her hair, Nova blushed at this. “You're really pretty by the way”.

“T-thanks”. Nova shattered. She’s getting nervous but in a good way. A boy never gave her all this attention before. Nova turned herself around to face him, he towered over her, and he put his hand under her chin. Nova’s cheeks insisted on burning red. Without a word he softly pressed his lips to hers. She felt electricity coursing through her, it’s better then the first one, it felt more natural. The one they shared in the park was rushed in comparison.

“Hey Crimson”. Cara killed the moment by entering with Ruby next to her while they did not pay any attention to Nova. She seemed not to care that much when the “couple” broke the kiss as quickly as possible. “Can you come in the living room for a second?"

“I’m a bit busy”. He snapped at his stepsister with Nova in his embrace. “Is it that really that important?”

“Yep, and It won’t be that long”. Cara said. Ruby whispered in her friend’s ear. The two snickered at whatever Ruby said. Nova sighed at them, she don’t trust either of them. But since Cara is almost Crimson’s sister, she has more to say, as she hated to admit, she has to put up with this. “It’s okay, you can go, and I’ll wait for you”.

“You sure?” Crimson asked. “I think Cara could wait a bit”. He said to Nova.

“It’s fine, just go talk to her, I won’t leave with a tall dark stranger”. Nova said.

"Damn straight, your not leaving or I'm kicking his ass”. Crimson joked.

“Who says it’ll be male?” Nova said. Crimson stared at her in confusion.

“Gotcha”. Nova said, as she stuck her tongue out at him. Crimson rolled his eyes at her, then joined Cara and Ruby in the other room.

While she waited for his return, Nova took a sit at the table and opened her beer can. She began drinking it fast.

BEEP, BEEP”. Her cellphone buzzed in her jean pocket. She grabbed it and looked it, she get a text.

“Unknown number-
Go hang yourself.
The cancer should have killed you a long time ago. No one likes a Pegasus who can’t even fly. Just make everyone happier and fall a cliff, you freak.
Z-.”

Nova has gotten these massages before. Since her surgery in fact, she gets texts telling her to kill herself or that she's fat and ugly from the unknown number. Nova hasn’t told her parents about the texts because she doesn’t think it’s a big deal. Nowadays she's at the point where doesn’t even get upset any longer. She now deletes them and forgets it ever happen.
She tapped the “delete” button on the touchscreen and it vanished off the phone.

“Hey Nov”. A voice called to her, hearing her old nickname that everyone used to call her when she was younger, only one pony calls her that still. Nova glanced up from her phone and saw her friend, Ryder son of Apple Bloom and Pip. They have known each other since they were newborns because their moms are best friends.

He was the only friend she had who visited her while she recovering from the surgery.

***

Couple months ago.

Nova was reading in her bed, she was discharged from the hospital a few days and was at home healing. Doctor’s orders instructed her to take it easy and she’s allowed to go back to school in a couple of weeks. In her mom’s eyes that meant she wasn’t allow leave home at all and stay in bed.

Since she nothing better to do, her room had no room TV or computer because her parents won’t let her. She spends the next few days in her room, reading books, drawing in her sketchbook or writing stories in her notebook. It was how entertained herself without going insane. She heard from one of her friends before and after the operation but nothing following that. She had started to feel lonely and that no one cared.

“Nova”. Her mom called from downstairs. “You have a visitor”.

“Okay, I’ll come down in a minute.” Nova said, as she got out of bed and dashed to her dresser got out of her cat pajama pants that she was wearing. She does shower everyday but since she doesn’t have plans to go anywhere she wears sweatpants and baggy shirts around the house. It’s comfy for her.

She threw on some skinny jeans and an oversized black sweater with a red heart on it. It hid her wing and the bandages around her body, Then she pulled her hair into a ponytail. She was ready to see her guest.

Nova left her room and walked down the stairs. She saw her friend Ryder in the hallway with a white envelope for a card. She smiled at him as joined him. He was like a brother she never had. Being an only child can be a bit lonesome at times.

“Hey Nov”. Ryder said, as he gave Nova the envelope. “How are you? I heard the surgery was intense.”

“I’ll leave you two alone”. Scootaloo said. She went to the kitchen and to start dinner.

“I’m fine”. Nova said, as she opened the envelope to find a cream colored card. She pulled it out and it read in big hot pink letters “Get Well Soon” on the front. She opened the card and read the hand written messages.

***

“Hope to see you at school soon. It sucks without you being there. Maybe you get back on the cheerleader team. They’re a mess now not having their captain. Only you can get them back in shape.
-Lily”

“See you when you get well. -Cara”

“Glad to see you didn’t die and you kicked the cancer’s ass. -Ruby”

“Happy to know your cancer-free. You had everyone worried about you. -Ryder”

***

Nova had been the captain of the cheerleader team at the start of the school year at her school. Lily was a teammate Nova gotten close with. They normally hung out separately for the reason Lily can’t stand to be around Cara or Ruby. Didn’t end well the time Nova had them all in the same room. It shall never to be spoken of ever again.

“Thanks for the card, I started to think you all forget about me. I haven’t heard from anyone since I got back”. Nova said, as she placed in the card the envelope again.

“Seriously, Ruby said she called you yesterday and Cara told me she visited you in the hospital”. Ryder said.

“Those bitches” Nova thought to herself. “Nope, they haven’t’. Why would they lie to Ryder like that? Even Lily called her when she first got home and they weren’t that close yet though they’re getting to know each other better. But the point is at least Lily trying while Cara and Ruby weren’t. Wait… maybe Nova was being a bit harsh, might be a total misunderstanding.

“I don’t know what’s up with them lately. They didn’t even want to sign the card at first or come over here”. Ryder said. “Did you get in a fight with them or something?”

“What the hell. No we didn't no fight or anything”. Nova said. “How come Lily didn’t make it?”

“Her colt-friend broke up with her and said she was too upset to leave the house”. Ryder said.

“Her and Jock broke up again? That’s like the fourth time this month.” Nova rolled her eyes. Why was there always so much drama?

“I know, they’ll probably get back together by the end of the week”. Ryder said. “I should get going, I'm meeting Ruby at the movies”.

“Another date with her, how cute. Okay bye and thanks for coming by.” Nova teased. This was might their fifth date. “See you around”.

“Bye”. Ryder said.

***

He's been dating Ruby for four months; Nova avoids him when she's with clinging to him in the hallway at school. Because Ruby makes rude remakes in front of him, Ryder tells Ruby to stop and then a fight breaks out between them. Nova feels guilty for causing them problems in their relationship. Since Nova wants nothing to with drama, she shuns him at school.

“Hi Ryder, haven’t seen in you forever”. Nova smiled. “How are you?” she is half expecting Ruby to pop up out of nowhere and yell at them both before she drags Ryder off to yell at him some more in private. She has some jealousy and controlling issues. How he puts up with it, she will never understand.

“I'm fine, I know but Ruby keeps me busy”. Ryder said, pulled out a chair and joined her. “Anyway, did you make up with Cara and Ruby?”

“No, we still hate each other. I'm here with my date, he's helping Cara with something”. Nova said, as she sips her beer.

“That’s too bad, how’s the lucky guy?”

“Crimson”. Nova said. Drinking her beer faster now.

“You mean Cara’s step-brother?” Ryder said.

“Yeah, That part sucks cause you know she’s not that nice but he’s a big sweetie.” Nova said. That moment Crimson returned to the kitchen. He seemed tired from something. He sat next to Nova and wrapped his arm around her.

“What happened to you?” Nova said.

“These punks crashed the party, then got in a fight and Cara asked me to throw them out before something got broken. It was not a pretty scene.” Crimson said.

“Are you alright?” Nova said.

“I'm fine”. Crimson said. “It’s taken care of. It just took a lot of me, do you mind if I go have a smoke to calm my nerves?”

“If you use body spray right after and only have one.” Nova said.

“Thanks babe, be right back”. Crimson said. as he kissed her on the check.

Once Crimson left to a smoke. Ryder rolled his eyes. “Nov”?

“Yeah”. Nova answered, as she took a sip of her drink.

“Are you freaking kidding me?” Ryder snapped disappointed.

“What are you are talking about?” Nova said, clueless to what her friend meant.

“You had cancer in your wing removed because you had tumors in it and that almost killed you. You even said it ruined your life. Then you go in a date with smoker a few months right after your cancer free. Are you for real? Plus he's too old for you”. Ryder scolded. Has his dear friend finally loss her mind?

Nova sighed, Ryder has always been a tad over protective with her ever since they were little. In a way Nova appreciated it but she wished he would back off. She could take care of herself. Though he is the closest thing she had to an actual sibling

“Ryder, he’s only two years older then me which isn’t that big of a deal. I like him. It’s sweet how you're watching for me, but I can handle myself.” Nova said.

“He hasn't taken advantage of you? Have you told him that you’re a cancer survivor?” Ryder said.

“What? No, and I haven’t told him yet, for at least for now”. Nova said. Stared down at the floor. She really doesn’t want to bring up her cancer since it’s still a sensitive topic for her.

“Ryder, How’s my sexy stud?”. A female drunk voice slurred. Ryder looked over to a light brown mare with a red mane. Wearing a short lilac skater dress.

“Hey Rubes, how have much to you had to drink?” Ryder said to his wasted mare-friend putting her arms around his neck. She pays no attention to Nova sitting across from them.

“A (hic) lot, Cara and me drank a whole of bottle (hic) of tequila for the hell of it..” Ruby slurred, as she nuzzled his face. “I (hic) think we have (hic) some alone time”.

“What? You're not serious?” Ryder said in disbelief, cheeks turned bright red . Nova snicker a bit at Ryder’s reaction.

“(Hic) There’s a guest room Cara doesn’t (hic) use that much”. Ruby kissed her colt-friend down his neck. “C’mon, (hic) I know you want too”.

“Stop Ruby, Nova’s here and I'm taking you home. You’re way too drunk. Meet me by the front door, I’ll be there in a bit to drive you.” Ryder t said.

“Who (hic) cares? I'm fine and you're no fun, (hic) handsome”. Ruby said.

“Ruby, I think you should listen”. Nova said, taking her friend’s side. “You can barely stand up”.

“Fine”. Ruby said angry. She listened and attempted stumbled to the door then she tripped on a chair leg. Ryder slapped his forehead, watching Ruby make a fool of herself.

“I'm sorry Nova, I have to take her home before she hurts herself some more”.

“No, it’s fine, I understand. Go have some alone time”. Nova giggled. This is too funny.

“Shut up. Nice seeing you again.” Ryder said. He got up and went help his mare-friend who's still on the floor. Nova couldn’t help but laugh at the scene. Poor Ryder, he’s going to have a hard time getting her home.

***

11:14 at night.

Rumble is pacing around the house like maniac. He keeps staring at the microwave clock to watch the time or checking the window for the red Jetta in search of Nova. At first, I didn’t say anything because I really wanted to stay out of it and I read a book in the living room to tune him out. His unstopping pacing is beginning to annoy me.

“Rumble, take a seat.“ I suggested. The signs for another panic on the way are clear. I'm amazed with myself that I put up with the freak outs for twenty plus years.

“Where’s Nova? She should be back by now”. Rumble said. as he ignored me and kept pacing.

“Nova texted me, she said she’s on her way home”. That isn’t true, I haven’t anything from her since she left. Lying to my husband is wrong. However it the only thing I could do to calm Rumble down. I hate his panic attacks, his stress is quite contagious and I start to feel worry just by being in the same room as him.

“Okay”. Rumble said. He joined me on the couch. “Has Nova told you anything about the boy?’

“No, not that much, just that’s his name is Crimson and they met in the hallway. That’s all I got out of her”. I said. Nova hasn’t really told me about the fella she's seeing. To be fair when I was around her age I did the same. I kept secrets from my parents all the time. It’s just a part of being a teenager I guess.

“Oh, you couldn’t try harder?” Rumble flatly said. Is he serious? Because my husband works all week, only coming on home weekends. I'm left with our daughter all on my own. When Nova decides she doesn’t want to talk a problem or a topic. It’s not going happen. I fought with her so much trying to her to talk but she won't. It has taken a toll on me. Rumble thinks it’s easy; oh he's in for it.

“You’re her father, ask her yourself”. I said.

“I can't really because I have to more work and you quit your job as a dance teacher”. Rumble complained. He did not just go there.

“I did that when Nova was diagnosed with cancer. I took care of her while you were in Cloudsdale. You weren’t there when she had to have her wing amputated. I had to call Dash to …” The door opened to a tall red colt standing behind Nova.

“Hi, I'm home”. Nova greeted us. She brought him in the living room with her. “Mom, Dad this Crimson”.
---