• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 2,099 Views, 104 Comments

Daily Lie - Lady Brony



Scootaloo opens up to her daughter about her old wounds and dark past as a teenager.

  • ...
16
 104
 2,099

Chapter 4

On Friday night, Nova is getting ready for her date. She's in the bathroom, blow-drying her hair to preparing it to be curled, Crimson would be coming for her in any minute. She needed to put on some make up and get dressed.. My husband took the night off to be here. I'm waiting for him to break out the shotgun. He keeps asking me what time it is or if Crimson is here yet, even more than Nova.

“Scoots, do we have bullets?” Rumble asked me while I was washing dishes. I looked up at him, I'm not sure if he's joking or not. I
already feel sorry for Crimson and I haven’t even met him.

“No, we don’t even have a gun, dear." I said, scrubbing the pots in the sink.

“Maybe we should get one?” Rumble said.

"Or maybe you should relax a bit and go sit down before you have panic attack” I said. If this is how he acts when Nova is going on a simple date then I hate to see what he’ll be like on her wedding day. I fear that day.

At that moment, Nova entered the kitchen wearing a jean blue short skirt reached to her thighs. Paired with red V-neck halter top that showed too much of her 'goods’. She has a black smokey eye and bright red lips. Her hair is down and curled. I almost dropped the pot I was washing. Rumble looked at her like he was going to have a heart attack.

“Nova sweetie, why you put on some jeans and throw on a jacket?” I hinted, as my husband was going into cardiac arrest while looking at our daughter.

“I thought you were going to a movie." Rumble calmed down enough to say.
Nova grabbed a glass from the cabinets and filled it with water. “No, we decided to go to a party instead. I have to go now, he's outside.” Nova said, as she chugged down her drink and began to head for the front door, “Bye, be back later, and don’t wait up.”

“Nova Lane, go up back your room and change or your not going at all." Rumble barked.

“But he's been waiting for me for like 10 minutes." Nova groaned.

“He’ll wait the whole night if you go dressed like that." Rumble snapped. I'm staying out of this one.

“Oh my god, fine.” Nova said as she rolled her eyes at her dad. She marched up the stairs and came in a few minutes. Wearing acid washed jeans with holes and a black leather jacket in her arms. “Can I go now?” Nova said.

“That’s better, be back by 11: 30.” Rumble said.

“Bye." Nova said. After she went out and closed the door, my husband went to the window in the living room. I followed him. There was a red Jetta parked on the side of the road. Nova walked up to it and went in. Then they drove off.

***

Rumble sat down on the couch hands on his face.I joined him, sitting next to him. “Rumble, are you okay?” I said. Rubbing his back to comfort him. “You want a drink?” He nodded yes.

“Good, I want one too." I said, as I went to the mini bar. Took out some wine glasses and a bottle of white wine. Rumble drank all of the red wine when I first him about Nova and the boy. I helped too.

“Did you see what she was wearing?” Rumble said, taking a glass from me.

“Yes I did, I was there too. Do you remember our first date?” I said, to take his mind off Nova’s date.

“Yes, it was at that bar in town you used to work at that closed down a few years ago." He said, pouring wine to the top of the cup and mine too but part way. “I had the decency to show up to at your old apartment and not wait on the side of the road.” I decided let him

vent, just get all out in the open.

“Yes, that was sweet of you." I said, as I zoned out a bit.

***

When Rumble and I first met when I was a freshman in collage. I was taking few courses because I wanted to work as a dance instructor. I had always loved dancing and I took hip-hop in high school for years. It got me through the abuse at home.
Rumble sat in front of me. I thought he was cute, however we were causally dating at the time. I was too anxious to ask him out. I had graduated high school last summer with my class like I wanted to.

I was living with Dash full-time in a two bedroom apartment... I had no contact with my parents following after I confessed the truth to Dash. She got the police involved and my father was then arrestedand sentenced to ten years. My mother and I no longer had any sort of relationship. Child services wanted put me with a foster family, but Dash stepped in and said she would be my legal guardian.

Dash told me she only allowed me to stay with her and her fiancee, Soarin if I had a job and continued school. Although she didn’t have to since I was turned eighteen. She could have just kicked me out if she really desired. But she did say when she got married she wanted to look into moving out soon. I got a job as a waitress at the local bar. The drinking age is 18 in Pony ville I really aspired to live on my own. I had been saving for my own place.

***

At school, Rumble and I were having lunch together before we went home. I was studying for collage exams, I had my textbook open
while I ate my tomato soup.

“Scootaloo, are doing anything on Saturday?” Rumble asked, he seemed so nervous for some reason.

“No, I was just going to study for the exam I guess." I said while my eyes remained on the page I was reading. “Why do you ask?’

He took a deep breath. “I was thinking were we could do something then." I looked at him. “Like what?” I questioned.

“Drinks." He blushed. His cheeks were red enough to match my soup.

“Wait, are you asking me out on a date?” I joked, not taking it seriously at all.

That only got he redder that was answer enough for me, he wasn’t fooling one bit. I kind of had a crush on him since we were in high school but I never told him out of fear that I would ruin our friendship. I did feel the same way, perhaps it was worth the chance.

“Sure, I’ll go.” I said. “Where are we headed?”

***

On Saturday night at 8 o’clock, I was already to go and I was waiting for Rumble to come and get me. Dash and Soarin were in Cloudsdale visiting Soarin’s parent and were spending the night there. I had the place to myself, awesome.

I wore lilac tube top and a blue jean skirt that barely hit my knees. My hair was curled over the years I had turned a little girly. I got into make up in middle school. I gave up scooter stunts when I was told I couldn’t fly. My friend, Sweetie Belle gave me make up lessons once when I was sleeping over and I stuck with ever since.

I heard the landline ringing. “Hello?” I answered.

“Hey Scoots, it’s Rumble." He said.

“Oh hey, I’ll buzz you in." I said, as pressed “9” to let him in.

“Okay, see you in a bit.” He said.

**

*
“Knock, knock."

I opened the door to Rumble.

“Hey." He said.

“Hey." I said.

“Ready to go?” He asked.

“Yeah, let’s” I replied as I grabbed my black cross-body purse on the end table by the front door. I locked the door and walked with him to the Elevator. Rumble remained quiet until we reached his car parked near the apartment building.

***

At the bar, we went to called “Lucky Buck." I had worked there for only a few months as a cocktail waitress. Rumble and I walked and sat by the bar stools. A couple of my co-workers waved to me when they saw us.

“You want anything?” Rumble asked.

“We have really good cider. Wanna try?” I said, as I self-promoted my work place.

“Sure. You do work here so you know better then I do." Rumble said.

“Yep, trust me the cider is so good here. It could the Apple family out of business if it gets out.” I said.

***

Rumble and I drank away the night, I had four ciders or five, Rumble had trouble keeping up with me but he did a great job for being a first timer. We had a fun time as we laughed and talked together. It beat studying all night. I glared at he clock on the wall. It was 1 o’clock in the morning and the pub was closing in half an hour.

“Rumble, want to get out of here?” I slurred.

“Sure, it’s getting pretty late." Rumble said. “Want to split a cab?”

“Yeah, you probably shouldn’t driving anyway” I said. “What about your car?”

“My brother has spare keys he can drive it home." Rumble replied, getting up to find a payphone. “I’ll give him a call now and get us a taxi."

***

Rumble and I stumbled in my apartment. I hadn’t been this drunk in a long time and I was enjoying every second of it. Dash told me I wasn’t allow to come home drunk when I turned the legal drinking age but she wasn’t here. I some how managed to get to the couch without bumping into anything and sat on it. Rumble joined me, wrapping his arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder.
We remained like that for what felt like hours. “Scoots, you look really nice." Rumble said.

“Oh, thanks cutie." I said. “Want another drink?”

“No, I'm good and I think you've had enough too." Rumble said. “You can barely even stand up."

“W-what I stand up and walk fine.." I disagreed.

“Then prove it, drunk-y." He challenged “G-gladly." I said. I tried my hardest to stand without hurting myself. I stood up finally and walked around the room. S-see." I gloated. Just then I tripped on the leg of the coffee table and fell on Rumble. He and I busted out into laughter.

“Yup, you’re wasted.” He chuckled.

“T-then I'm drunk, happy now?” I snickered.

Rumble didn’t say anything as he stared into my purple eyes. I blushed, my face hot from my burning red cheeks. He pulled me up on his lap and pressed his lips on mine. I was shocked at first however I got over it and wrapped my arms around his neck.

We made out on the couch for a few minutes before I broke the kiss. “R-r-rumble, let’s go to my room."

“Wait, are you sure. I mean you’re drunk, I don’t want to take advantage of you,” Rumble said.

“You're drunk too, now c’mon” I pulled off him and headed to the hallway to my bedroom was.

“Scoots, I don’t think this is a wise idea-,” He said but I interrupted by giving him another kiss. “I know what I'm doing and I want too."

That shut him up and he wrapped his arms around me, pressing himself hard against me, and pulling me closer.

“Okay, you win." Rumble said as he entered my room.

***

I lost my virginity to him that night. Rumble and I started dating after that. We were together for six years before we got engaged. He proposed to me on the edge of the Everfree forest when we were having a picnic there.

Rumble was acting off most of the day, to put it simply. I just brushed it off not giving it much thought. Rumble was known to have random panic attacks and get stressed out for no reason. He had gotten better controlling them but he still had the odd slip.

After we had dinner, the sky was turned a pinky-orange color it was so beautiful. Sunsets were my favorite time of the day. Something about them made me feel so calm. I could have the most hectic day at the dance studio where I teach my class of ten year old girls. Then stare up at the faded blue sky and completely forget why I was so tense in the first place.

***

“Scootaloo." Rumble called, he handed me a glass of red wine.

“Oh, thanks." I took it and give it a sip. Rumble for no known reason appeared quite uneasy. He kept looking around for something and stayed very quiet. Maybe one of his panic attacks was flaring up again.

“Scootaloo, there's something I need to tell you.” Rumble said, and before I had a chance to ask him, he was on one knee and had a small black box in his hands. “Will you marry me?”

I was in shock but I did not hesitate for more than a second or two before I gave my answer. “Yes, of course I’ll marry you." I said with tears of joy, I didn’t even look at the ring. I pounced on top of him then I kissed him. He put the sliver ring with a clear diamond on my finger.

Author's Note:

Edited by Triaxx2