• Published 19th Aug 2014
  • 396 Views, 16 Comments

Washed Away - lyra_lover777



In a futuristic Equestria, all hope to join The Society. A group of three friends learn startling secrets about the place they know and love.

  • ...
1
 16
 396

Vasovagals and Violettas

Decadent put down the slim book on orchard growing. Sure, as a filly she had read books on mining, but those were a hundred times more exciting than this dull tome.

She looked up at the light teal clock hung on the wall next to the door. She had a little over a half hour left until she was due for her tests. Decadent gulped. Sure, Dusty had said it was nothing big, but Decadent really hated needles. Like a lot.

Decadent got to her hooves and trotted into the kitchen, marveling at the steal appliances and smooth granite counter tops. She turned on the stove and boiled some noodles she found in the pantry. She then plopped the noodles on a white plate with a heavy helping of hearty hell-hot tomato sauce. Decadent ended up running into the bathroom and smashing her muzzle into the toliet to get rid of the heta that had taken over her taste buds and her mind.

She spit the toilet water out of her mouth and chugged a whole bottle of OJ, sighing as she made her way back to the bed, picking up a book on mining, her favorite topic.

She was swept away by the detail of the mining in the book that she did not notice when Dusty arrived, knocking on the door for ten minutes before slipping a key in the door and forcing her way in.

"Hello!" Dusty said with what seemed to be a forced smile. Did these ponies ever stop smiling?

Storm was behind Dusty, making Decadent's heart leap. She followed them both down the stairs and onto the crowded streets. Storm had put on a navy tuxedo that went well with his baby blue coat.

They made their way down the street towards one of the small round silver buildings next to the giant O building. After twenty minutes they had arrived at the front door. In giant red metal letters over the door, it said "Redheart Building."

Decadent ventured into the building, trotting up many steps. On the second floor they stopped at a medium sized room labeled "Newbie Room."

Decadent scrunched her brow at the name, but then concluded that the room was used to take tests on all the "newbies" to The Society.

When she entered, she wanted to canter away all the way to the mining camp her cousin Turqouise Fountain was staying at.

Two giant chairs sat in the room, on opposite sides. Hanging over the chairs were giant tubes. And in each tube a needle as long as a pony's leg was concealed, glistening in the light.

Decadent's rump smacked into the door as she tried to back up.

A chartreuse earth pony stallion trotted towards her. He had a charcoal colored mane and big, blue eyes. He wore a white doctor suit. His cutie mark just peeked out from under the white coat. It was a needle full of a red liquid.

"A vasovagal, I see." the pony said. He took Decadent's hoof, telling her his name was Shot Doc.

"Wh-what's a vasovagal?" Decadent asked, nervous and scared.

"One who is scared of the thought of needles, sight of needles, and feeling of needles." Shot said. This made Decadent shiver madly.

But eventually Shot Doc coaxed her into the chair. Storm had been waiting in his chair for about ten minutes, and rolled his eyes when she sat down, almost crying at the sight of the needle.

Decadent did not notice as Dusty left the room to wait outside, and that a young pink earth pony nurse came in. The pink mare went behind Storm's chair while Shot Doc went behind Decadent's.

"One, two, three."

Suddenly the needle pierced Decadent's skin, making her cry out loud. But then suddenly all thought left her mind. All she knew was that she was happy, and that was all that mattered.

===

New woke early in the morning with Firetta wrapped around him, her legs draped over his side. Her mane was matted and she was drooling on his back.

New jumped up, wiping the spit off his back quickly. The spit hit a surprised Firetta square in the eyes. She moaned as she groped for New before falling back to sleep.

New rolled his eyes and moved towards a delicious smell emitting from the kitchen. He could hear Bubbly Wine humming while he worked. New slowly made his way into the kitchen.

Bubbly was flipping pancakes, whistling as they flipped around in the air before hitting the pan with a plop. Soon he flipped each pancake, one at a time, of onto a plate. He then got two more plates and evenly separated the flapjacks between them.

New smiled and greeted him, smiling like a jolly foal.

Bubbly smiled back, burping as he somehow did not drop the plates as he stumbled into the living room where Firetta still slept.

New followed Bubbly, having to jump over multiple empty wine bottles, probably the cause of Bubbly's tipsiness.

When New caught up with him, Firetta was already awake, munching on her first pancake. New sat beside her and picked up his first, swallowing it in two bites.

While they ate, New could feel Firetta's eyes on him. When he looked in her direction, she would advert her gaze, but the second he looked away, he could feel her staring at him again. It was a little creepy, if he had to be honest with himself.

Soon they had finished, and Firetta carried the plates to the kitchen. Bubbly was headed outside to water his garden. New needed some fresh air. Plus, the only garden he had ever seen was his family's. which had been a 5 by 5 piece of dirt with a few lettuce plants in it that always died and rotted before they even ate them.

He was awestruck by what he saw.

Bubbly's garden was massive, covering what seemed to be miles upon miles. It was like a see of unstoppable purple, surging forward at his hooves.

"Welcome to my garden," Bubbly said, quite smugly.

New stroked one of the millions of purple flowers. He sniffed one, and his nose became overloaded with smells. It was sweet yet somehow a bit tangy smelling. He couldn't imagine what it tasted like.

"Go ahead," Bubbly said. "Taste one."

New dove forward, gulping down the biggest one he could find. He moaned n pleasure as a sea of tastes rocked his taste buds. Sweet, sour, tangy, and a little spicy. Just the way he imagined the best food in the world would taste.

"These are called violettas. They taste like the tastes you love most. No one pony will taste the same thing when they eat a violetta."

New's eyes spun in their sockets as he leaned down to eat another, but Bubbly pulled him back.

"If you eat more than one violetta a day, it will poison you and bring you a sow and painful death." Bubbly said.

Suddenly Bubbly leaned down a snatched a violetta from the ground, groaning as he licked his lips, getting every last bit of flower in his mouth.

"These flowers were invented by Twilight Sparkle, fourth princess of Equestria," Bubbly said, staring t New as he processed the information.

"You mean Tyrant Sparkle, the fourth Tyrant?" New asked.

"Oh my boy, they must've not taught you the real history of our past."

"But why would they do that?"

"Because they are The Society. Now, let me tell you thereal history of Equestria." Bubbly then proceeded to trot inside. New had no choice but to follow. He gave the field of violettas one last look before shutting the door and following Bubbly towards the fireplace.