• Published 28th Sep 2014
  • 8,836 Views, 231 Comments

The Siren Song: Dazzle Dazzle, Little Stars - Shadowmane PX-41



One song. That's all it takes for a whole new life to begin, and for three certain singers, that song is about to change their lives forever.

  • ...
18
 231
 8,836

The Reveal

Sunset's first stop was the nearby park. where she promised she'd spend some time with the rest of the girls. She could tell things would be a little different now, especially since she had her new children with her. At first, she was concerned that the girls wouldn't be okay with this, but then she felt a little confidence as she prepared the only explanation for them, especially since she had the card to back up her claim.

Ever so surely, each of the Dazzlings poked their heads out of the basket and saw the beautiful looking park, with soft fields of nice green grass and a very nice fountain in the middle of the cobblestone pathways. They pointed out bits and pieces here and there, and Sunset was happy to educate them on what they were.

Sunset had gotten quite a bit of pleasure out of her teachings, it gave her hope in the fact that the Dazzlings were going to grow up again. Only this time, they'd learn all the right things, instead of all the wrong things. She envisioned wonderful moments ahead of her where The Dazzlings would be seen as good girls instead of the monsters they became yesterday. Not only did this fill her with hope, but with happiness as well.

"Umm, Mama? Why awe we even hewe anyways?" Aria finally decided to ask the question once they had discovered everything their eyes could see in the park.

"Well, Aria, Mama has to meet up with some of her friends. Or as you'd call them, 'aunties'," Sunset explained as logically as she could, while also trying not to confuse them. "It's part of life, after all. You make some friends, you start to play with them and soon you'll find yourself wanting even more time with your friends than you did before."

"Oh, otay," She smiled and laid back for a while, so that her head rested on the small pillow. "Dat makes sense."

"So, Mama, I hafta know," Sonata said as she turned to face Sunset, without the basket obstructing her view. "Wat's an auntie? Is it food?"

Sunset merely chuckled at that remark. "No, Sonata. An auntie is described as your mother or father's female friend, whereas an uncle is the male equivalent of that. So, I'm meeting with a few other girls today, who are my friends and your aunties. Does that make sense?"

"It does ta me." Adagio said as she was now looking for Sunset's friends with a little smile on her face. The sound of having her mother's friends be able to care for them as well made her feel even warmer inside. She could imagine her aunties now, caring for her and making sure that she was as happy as could be.

"Ooh, Adagio. Why dun we pway I-spy ta find Mama's aunties?" Sonata giggled as she began searching for Sunset's friends.

"Hehe, otay, Sonata, fiwst one ta find ouw aunties wins!" Adagio giggled as she looked at each and every one of the people in the park, wondering who Sunset's friends could be.

"Yoo wanna pway too, Awia?" Sonata said as she briefly looked back at Aria, who was trying to get some sleep.

"Nah, I just wanna wewax now." Aria said as she snuggled into the blankets a little more. "Wake me up when yoo find dem." Then she closed her eyes.

"Otay, Awia." Sonata said as she went back to her search to find her new aunties.

Sunset noticed that Adagio and Sonata were trying to guess who her friends were. This got her to crack another smile, as she saw Adagio and Sonata constantly look at random people.

"Do you want me to help you, girls?" Sunset asked as she got Adagio and Sonata to look at her.

"Otay, Mama." They both said, seeing as their search attempts were getting them nowhere.

"Alright then, I'll tell you whether or not you're close to them." Sunset said as she saw Sonata and Adagio return to their searching.


"Awe dese youw aunties, Mama?" Sonata said as she pointed towards a group of kids who looked like they were still in elementary school. "Dey wook pwetty fun."

Sunset giggled at that. "No, Sonata, those are children," Sunset said as she saw Sonata lower her pointing finger. "Keep trying, though. You might get it next time."

"Oh, oh! Is dis one of youw aunties?" Adagio said as she was petting a nearby dog, and getting licked in return. "Hehe, she's funny."

"No, Adagio, that's a dog," Sunset chuckled as she saw Adagio stroking the dog. "And from the looks of things, you two have established a good friendship."

"Oh, oh, oh! Dey wook wike aunties!" Sonata pointed over, surprisingly at Sunset's friends. "Awe dey dem, Mama?"

"Actually, you're right, Sonata," Sunset said as she looked at Sonata's correct guess. With a little smile on her face. Not only did she have some sweet little Sirens, she had some sweet and intelligent little Sirens as well. "There they are."

"Yay! I found dem!" Sonata said as she threw up her arms in victory. She then turned to Aria, who was about to fall asleep before Sonata woke her back up with a smile. "Wook, Awia! Dewe's ouw aunties!"

"Weawwy? Whewe?" Aria was clearly excited at the fact that Sonata had found Sunset's friends. She'd heard Sunset talk a great deal about these new girls who were willing to show them all some love and she was now giddy to see who they had got as aunties.

"Alright then, girls. Don't get too over-excited," Sunset said as she calmed Sonata and Aria down, as she laid Adagio back onto her pillow. "I'd like to make this a big surprise for them, so don't pop out until I give the word. OK?"

"I'm not suwe wat yoo mean by dat, but otay." Sonata said as she laid back in the snugness of the blankets and pillows. Who then noticed Aria wasn't laying back with her and Adagio.

"Aww, but Mama. I'm not tiwed!" Aria pouted as she folded her arms in defiance.

"Aria, I'm trying to make this enjoyable for both me AND you," Sunset explained as she wrapped one of her hands around the pouting newborn. "Just trust me on this one."

"Hmmm..." Aria was a little confused here. She didn't want to upset Sunset, but at the same time she also didn't want to go to sleep either. But if Sunset was her mother now she had to listen to her, or else she might get upset. And after all that had happened, Aria wanted nothing more than happiness.

"Awwight, Mama, I'ww sweep fow yoo," Aria said as she finally came to a decision that would please her and Sunset. "And I pwomise I won't wake up untiw yoo say."

"Good to hear that, Aria," Sunset said as she laid her down with Adagio and Sonata, who were looking at her with little smiles. Then they saw Sunset tuck them in and cover them up with the blanket, so that they could sleep whilst being undisturbed. "Now just dream happy dreams, I'll get you up in a few seconds."

Sunset closed the basket up and walked over to the girls, who were in the midst of a conversation. Pinkie was bouncy as usual, Rarity was showing class, Fluttershy was listening most of the time, Rainbow Dash was kind of bored having to wait her turn to speak and Applejack was finishing up a glass of her family's cider.

"So, what do you girls think that Twilight gets up to back in Equestria?" Pinkie asked the group as she leaned against a nearby tree.

"That's actually an intriguing question, Pinkie," Rarity started to answer that as she saw down on a bench nearby. "I always thought she does what every princess does. Addresses her subjects, does the occasional ballroom dance, wondering who she's gonna marry, the usual 'princess things'."

"Nah, that seems way too original," Rainbow Dash butted in, as she couldn't bear the wait any longer. "I bet Twilight has to put up with power-hungry warlords and evil queens back in Equestria. Using the Magic Of Friendship to keep her world in check, or something."

"Well, ah think most a' that story is true fer the most part," Applejack started as she stopped drinking and took a breath. "But ah'm not so sure on the whole 'warlords and evil queens' part."

"Well, choose how you wanna believe it, Applejack, but I believe that Twilight has to battle the forces of darkness on a regular basis." Rainbow came back after Applejack had finished.

"Oh, all this talking about Equestria has made me wonder, what kind of animals live there?" Fluttershy asked as she got the group's attention by tapping their shoulders. "You know, besides ponies?"

"Well, I think Equestria's population is some massive amalgamation of mythical creatures, ponies and new species that we don't even know about," Pinkie said, leaving everyone's mouths dropped. "I mean, Twilight did mention Sirens the other day, and Sirens originally hail from the greek era, where they would sing songs to lure sailors to their dooms. Or in our case, sing songs to empower themselves and send US to our doom."

"That... Actually raises some questions," Rarity said as she took Pinkie's long sentence into account. "Especially since they looked NOTHING like Sirens when they dueled us, and their songs didn't kill anyone."

"Maybe Equestria works in different ways ta the human world," Applejack said as she finished the cider and tossed it into the nearby trash bin. "Ta be honest, a part of me really wants ta see what that world is like."

"That might not be a good idea," Sunset said as she finally joined the group after hearing enough. "By the way, hi, girls."

"Sunset!" They all said with glee as they ran to give her a group hug, which almost caused Sunset to lose her grip on the basket. They noticed Sunset was losing her grip and let her regain it by ending the hug pretty quickly.

"How's things been hanging, Sunset?" Rainbow Dash said as Sunset sat down and put the basket down nearby, so she could keep an eye on it, as well as talk with the girls.

"Besides getting a big surprise last night, It was pretty uneventful." Sunset said as she leaned back against the back of the bench.

"Oh, what was that surprise?" Fluttershy asked as she looked over at Sunset's basket with a curious look in her eyes. "Is it in here?"

"In time, Fluttershy. In time." Sunset smiled as she took Fluttershy's hand off of the basket, so that the group could return to their usual chatting.


"Soooo, when CAN we see what's inside the basket?" Rainbow Dash asked as she tilted her head, clearly impatient after talking for a while.

"When I feel like it's the right time to do so, Rainbow Dash." Sunset said as calmly as possible as she had to hear that question for a while now. To anyone else, it sounded annoying. But to Sunset, she was quite calm when dealing with Rainbow Dash's ego.

"You know, Sunset. It's uncouth for someone to keep secrets from their friends, Rarity began with a logical statement. "If someone has a secret and can't tell anyone, that usually means that they did something really bad or they're being bullied by someone."

Sunset sighed in defeat and picked up the basket. "Alright then, I guess I can't prolong this any longer, especially with that logic in Rarity's statement, She addressed the group. "Now, I will warn you right now, this will be a little bit shocking."

"Oh, come, come now, Sunset, what kind of secret do you have that could possibly b-" Rarity was stopped when Sunset opened the blanket and revealed the baby Dazzlings.

"What?!" The girls gasped in unison as they saw Sunset with her newborn children. It was a massive surprise to them all and they were wondering how Sunset could even have had children if she was still in high-school. They looked at her with faces of bewilderment and curiosity, wondering how in the world she got those infants.

"Trust me, girls. It's a long story." Sunset said as she got everyone to calm down and gaze upon the infant Dazzlings.

Eventually, Fluttershy was the first one to crack a smile as she woke the three sleeping Dazzlings with her cute little actions. She gently stroked their long hairs as they awoke from their slumber and when they smiled back, Fluttershy showed a wide grin of happiness.

"So, when did you get these adorable little angels?" She asked as she finally looked up at Sunset as she let the other girls get a good look at Adagio, Aria and Sonata.

"Right after everyone went home after that final battle, actually." Sunset said as she saw Applejack, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash and Rarity showing the Dazzlings some genuine love. "I'll tell you everything after you've all had some time to get acquainted."

"Hi there, my name's Pinkie Pie, and I just want to say welcome to the world, little ones." She said as she had a conversation with the infant Dazzlings.

"Hi, Auntie Pinkie," Adagio said, which got Pinkie to drop her jaw once more. "Hehe, you'we weawwy funny, yoo know dat?"

Pinkie turned to the other girls, who shared the same expression, they had seen the world's first talking newborns. They were unsure on whether or not it was some kind of prank, or if they could actually talk, but then they looked at Sunset, who from the looks of things, could explain everything that was happening in front of their eyes.

"I know, it's quite a surprise isn't it?" Sunset said as she saw the girls recompose themselves after that little surprise.

"One question, Sunset," Rainbow Dash finally decided to ask since she saw the other girls held their tongues for a good few seconds. "How are they talking?"

"Oh, about that, it's part of how they came to me." Sunset said as she motioned the girls to sit down, while she explained everything. "First off, there's something about my kids that I think you should know..."

Sunset really didn't want to say it, for fear that the girls might want to take decisive action on her and the Dazzlings. But she remembered what Rarity had said earlier, and she was at a stalemate.

"Well... this might come as a massive surprise to all three of you..." Sunset said, then paused for a second, dreading the outcome of this. These girls all remembered The Dazzlings as seductive Sirens who almost seized control of CHS yesterday and now she was wondering whether or not they'd be accepting with this fact. "but these girls... are The Dazzlings."

"WHAT?!" The girls called out again, as if they knew this day couldn't get any stranger. Their emotions afterwards were a mix of shock, fear and anger. These were the EXACT same Sirens that they'd already dealt with. They were completely lost for words as they now looked at the three of them, slumbering there as if nothing had ever happened.

"Girls, girls!" Sunset tried to calm the girls down as she could see they were letting their emotions get them frustrated. "Now I am aware that these are the Sirens that plagued CHS a while back, but there's really nothing to worry about."

"Nothing to worry about?!" Rainbow Dash said, clearly frustrated at that sentence. "These girls tricked not only us, but EVERYONE at school into turning a fund-raising event into an all out fight for glory that never existed!"

"And got everyone in the school to classify us as public enemy #1!" Rarity added to this little outburst.

"And made everyone fight against each other, us included ta get some kinda Equestrian Magic ta make themselves all-powerful!" Applejack added, clearly on the side of the girls and not Sunset's side.

"And cut in line on Taco Tuesday without any remorse and took the best tacos out of the whole bunch that only get served to the first few students!" Pinkie finally wrapped up this little temper. "AND I REALLY WANTED THOSE TACOS!!!"

Suddenly, the rage of the girls subsided when they noticed the Dazzlings shed a few tears. This was exactly what Sunset wanted to avoid, but the girls had forced her hand. Then a sound of crying came from the basket, and then the girls felt remorseful for their actions.

"Oh great, now look what you did! I knew this was going to happen!" Sunset scowled at the girls as she turned to comfort her kids. She'd never seen her friends act so disrespectful among newborns and it made her feel rather furious at them. This was masked as she now comforted The Dazzlings with her motherly voice. "Ssh, it's okay girls, Mama's here to save you from these horrible monsters of friends."

The whole ordeal made each of the girls, Rainbow Dash included feel bad for making The Dazzlings cry and their once angry faces now looked sad and remorseful. They could tell it in Sunset's anger, she had really grown attached to The Dazzlings now, and she had every right to be angry at them for it."

"Sunset..." Fluttershy saw how emotional Sunset felt about the situation. She lightly raised a finger to try and get Sunset's attention. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, girls..." Sunset sighed, then turned her head to face the others. "But the way you all got aggressive towards The Dazzlings like that really has me frazzled. They're just infants now, likely given no choice but to use this power as a contingency play for something...

"Listen. I belive that everyone deserves a chance at redemption," Sunset said once The Dazzlings had calmed down. "Just as Twilight believed that I could be reformed, I believe that The Dazzlings can be molded into sweet little defenders of our worlds..."

"Are you really sure you want to go through with this, Sunset Shimmer?" Rarity raised a brow. "They might be babies, but they're not stupid. They might just turn against you when they grow up again, leaving us with a second siren crisis..."

"I know the stakes, but do you really want to see three babies die without anyone caring for them?" Sunset's question bored deep into the hearts and minds of the rest of The Rainbooms. "Or winding up in an orphanage run by strict and heartless staff?"

The Rainbooms murmured and shook their heads. The Dazzlings might have caused them grief in the past, but when they saw just how much the spell had changed them, they couldn't help but feel bad for what had happened.

"I didn't think so..." Sunset took the silence of her friends as a sign that they agreed with her.

"So, now we're dealing with three baby Dazzlings?" Rainbow Dash still had some sourness in her voice, but she still seemed to accept the hand she had been dealt.

"Yeah, ah guess you could say that..." Applejack said firmly.

"You know, looking at them now, they do look awfully cute..." Fluttershy leaned in and got a very good look at Adagio, Aria, and Sonata's new infant forms. "Seems like they couldn't even hurt a fly, let alone any of us..."

"I just want you to know that these girls also came with a little card," Sunset held out the card and made sure that the group could see it. "Just in case they didn't think we had learned child care at CHS yet..."

"Let me take a little look at that card, Sunset..." Pinkie plucked the card from Sunset Shimmer's hands and began to read it, her eyes darting and evading the long sentences. "Dear Sunset Shimmer... Second Life Song... Proper ways to raise The Dazzlings..."

"I always thought that the Second Life Song was all some kind of myth, until I saw the effects with my own two eyes," Sunset began explaining. "Now this song hails all the way from Equestria, so there's a good chance you won't know what I'm talking about."

"I think we'll manage." Rarity said as she kneeled so she and Sunset could look at each other without having to look up or down.

"Alright then." Sunset sighed as she began to explain the story. "When Equestria was founded a while back, there was a place called the Pit of Lyrics."

"The Pit of Lyrics?" Fluttershy asked, with some signs of curiosity already showing on her face.

"It was a kingdom that hanged on the walls of a deep chasm, which was known for its' prowess in magical music," Sunset began to explain the wonders of the Pit of Lyrics. "There were songs for everything. Songs to control the weather, songs to bring stuff back to life, even a song that could create free food whenever it was sung."

"So, endless cake if you sing it?" Pinkie asked, clearly interested by the last song with her cake fantasies showing already with this new piece of information.

"Oh yeah, all the cake you could ever want." Sunset smiled at Pinkie with similar thoughts of such a delicacy as cake.

"So, what exactly happened at this here Pit of Lyrics?" Applejack decided to ask, with a little bit of her own curiosity showing now.

"It stayed afloat by any of the songs sung by the ponies of the village and it stood for quite a while," Sunset said as she gave the basket to Pinkie, who looked at The Dazzlings with a smile on her face. She then suddenly felt feelings of concern as she now remembered the next part of the story "Or at least it did until the Sirens ravaged it."

"So wait... They attacked a kingdom that was empowered by singing, by singing?" Rainbow Dash asked, clearly seeing a contradiction in that story. She couldn't have possibly seen any way as to how singing could have ended the Pit of Lyrics' existence.

"This was before they could even use their singing powers," Sunset went on with the story, beginning to alleviate Rainbow Dash of her objection. "They needed some songs to make their singing magical, some songs which could brainwash ponies. And while their pendants did make them pretty powerful, they still needed to structure their songs around something from the Pit of Lyrics."

"Oh, okay then," Dash said as her words were met with Sunset's logic. She smiled as she wished to hear more on this story. "Go on, Sunset."

"They did initially have their eyes set on one song, to make others angry. But they got greedy in the end and decided to go for every song they could find, the Second Life Song included." Sunset finished explaining.

"Hold on a second..." Fluttershy decided to stop Sunset once more. "If this Pit of Lyrics had ponies living in it, then why didn't they decide to defend their home? Surely there must have been a song to defend themselves..."

"They did try to sing the song you're thinking about, Fluttershy. But since the Sirens did bear somewhat of a resemblance to Dragons, they believed that they actually were Dragons and that sent the entire Pit of Lyrics into a panic."

"Since everyone in the Pit of Lyrics believed that the Sirens were Dragons, they were too paralyzed with fear to even try and defend themselves. In the end, the Pit of Lyrics was completely and utterly vandalized as every song was stolen. As for the city itself, since no-one was singing to keep it afloat... It fell into the chasm, never to be seen again."

"So, one of those songs was the Second Life Song," Rarity said, showing expressions of awe as the story finally subsided. "What a very... Enlightening story, Sunset."

"Thanks, Rarity," Sunset said as she took the basket back from Pinkie, who looked like she'd been too busy with Adagio, Aria and Sonata rather than listening to the story. "I'm glad you were able to follow that story."

"You're welcome," Rarity smiled as she now looked at Adagio, Aria and Sonata once more. "I think after what's happened at CHS recently, we can pretty much agree on the fact that Equestria does exist. Ergo, all the stories that come from Equestria exist as well."

"So, this Second Life Song can turn someone who sings it into a baby again?" Pinkie asked, a sign that she had been playing with The Dazzlings as well as listening to Sunset's story at the same time. Even though she'd been busy with Adagio, Aria and Sonata, she had still been listening to the story and was quite fascinated with what she'd heard.

"Yes and after that, it becomes their lullaby to be sang by whoever they choose to have as a mother and/or father," Sunset said as she began rocking the basket, which made The Dazzlings snuggle into the blankets with each gentle motion. "So it's a one-time use to turn someone into an infant. Unless it's sent back to Equestria, where the song's magic can be replenished."

"Okie dokie lokie." Pinkie said as she saw Sunset standing back up again.

"So, can you girls help me out on something?" Sunset asked once everyone else stood back up again.

"Sure, Sunset. What do ya need help with?" Applejack asked once they decided to leave the park.

"I need some help making a nursery for them." Sunset said as she brought Adagio, Aria and Sonata up to the point where they could hear her words clearly. And from the sound of it, they were all on board with this idea. "Last night, I had to let them sleep in the spare room..."

"I guess since you only got them yesterday, you didn't have much time to make a safe and welcoming environment for them." Fluttershy said as they started to walk towards the town. "I know how it feels, I've had that dilemma with many of the animals down at the shelter."

"We'll be sure ta help ya'll out in yer time of need, Sunset," Applejack smiled as she looked at Adagio, Aria and Sonata once again. She too started to feel like The Dazzlings felt much better in this new form and she felt more calm towards them. "Anything fer yer little sweethearts here."

"Thanks, Applejack," Sunset smiled, happy to know that her friends were starting to warm up to the infantile Dazzlings. "It's always a pleasure to have so many friends helping out on something. Many hands make light work, after all."

"Well, I'm still not totally okay on this," Rainbow Dash said as she stated her opinions to the other girls. "Don't get me wrong, while they do look adorable now, it's hard to shake off the fact that they used to be Sirens who manipulated others into doing their bidding."

"That's alright, Rainbow Dash," Sunset completely respected Dash's opinions and responded in a normal and peaceful manner. "It can be hard to adjust to a former bad guy being reformed at the start. But when you spend some time with them, you find out they can do good things if you give them support. Heh, kinda like what happened with me."

Meanwhile, in the basket, Adagio remained relatively silent throughout most of the time they had spent travelling with Sunset and the girls. Aria and Sonata were playing Pattycake for most of the while, completely oblivious to what Sunset and the girls had been saying earlier.

"Awe we... Awe we weawwy Siwens?" Adagio pondered with her new mind. She had forgotten everything, and the fact that she used to be a diabolical miscreant, along with Aria and Sonata sent a little chill down her spine. "No, no dat can't be wight. Ow is it?"

Adagio further pondered that question as the journey continued, but then forgot about it when Aria and Sonata brought her back to reality.

"Awe yoo awwight, Adagio?" Sonata decided to ask as she had noticed Adagio's lengthy silence. She wondered whatever it could have been that had troubled her sister in this state. "Yoo wewe stawing off inta space fow a minute dewe..."

"Huh? Oh it's noting, Sonata." Adagio said as she finally came back to reality to address Sonata. "I'm fine."

"Otay. weww in dat case, yoo wanna pway pattycake wid me and Awia?" Sonata kindly held out one of her tiny hands towards Adagio, waiting for the answer.

"Suwe, Sonata." Adagio said, as she gave her swift and very logical answer. She did need something to do whilst they continued their journey with Sunset and the Humane 5. "I guess I do need ta pway a wittwe mowe."

Author's Note:

I did mean to push this chapter out earlier, but I did have a lot of other things to attend to. Like, meeting a few bronies on the PSN. Namely Havocboy1990 and ShaDow-BlaSt-160, who are really good guys. By the way, if any of you want to join me on the PSN, my name is azerothian698472 (Don't ask why it's that complicated, I played a LOT of World Of Warcraft when I first made my name, and I thought everyone who lived on Azeroth was called an Azerothian, regardless of their species, gender, or even faction) Hope to talk to you soon.

Also, It pained me to make The Dazzlings cry, but I needed to make sure that I got the message through the thick skulls of the Humane 5. by the way, I'm calling them that, because it's Human and Mane mixed together, and it's the Humane '5' because of Twilight's absence in this world. But anyways, I hope you liked this chapter and I hope to hear your feedbacks sometime soon.

If you liked this story, make sure to give it a thumbs up, favourite it and share it with your friends. It helps me reach a larger target audience, and it motivates me to write more chapters for you to enjoy. I'm not trying to shamelessly promote this story or anything, but it would be appreciated if this story was shared with other people.

Until next time, This is Shadowmane PX-41, signing off...