• Published 28th Sep 2014
  • 8,836 Views, 231 Comments

The Siren Song: Dazzle Dazzle, Little Stars - Shadowmane PX-41



One song. That's all it takes for a whole new life to begin, and for three certain singers, that song is about to change their lives forever.

  • ...
18
 231
 8,836

Their Sixth Year...

September 27th, 2020.
The Dazzlings' 6th Birthday


Twilight and Sunset woke up relatively early, so that they could set up all The Dazzlings' gifts for when they woke up on this magnificent day for them all. Today had been precisely 6 years since The Dazzlings sang the Second Life Song after being thrashed by The Rainbooms at the Battle Of The Bands.

Since it was a pretty big day for the three of them, Twilight and Sunset wanted to make sure that this day went off perfectly, without a hitch. They went downstairs and moved all The Dazzlings' presents into the centre of the room, where they could all reach them. Once they were all positioned the way they wanted it, Twilight and Sunset went back upstairs to Musician's Delight, where The Dazzlings were still slumbering pleasantly...

She could see that Adagio, Aria and Sonata were all still tucked in by the blankets and were dreaming rather pleasant dreams. Slowly and surely, Twilight and Sunset gently nudged the three of them, getting them to stir a little but not entirely wake from their slumber.

"Psst, girls. Wake up." Sunset said as she gently shook Adagio and Sonata, getting them to make light noises as they began tossing and turning. She shook them again this time, with a little more force than before and that got The Dazzlings to awaken.

"Good morning, Mommy." Sonata said as she threw the blankets off and allowed Sunset to caress her with all sorts of love and affection.

"Good morning, Sonata." Sunset smiled back, running her hands through Sonata's long blue hair with a little smile on her face. She was still a rather decent mother to them all as she let them climb out of bed and cuddle her feet with love once again.

"Come on, Dazzlings," Twilight said as she let Aria out of her bed and walked the three of them over to the door. She smiled as she opened the door and let Sunset and The Dazzlings out so that they could go downstairs together. "Today's a big day for you..."

"What do you mean by that, Auntie Twilight?" Adagio asked as she tilted her head in confusion once more. She was unaware that this particular day was her birthday. She'd always forgotten that her birthday was on this one particular day alone, even after having five more of them in her past.

"Today's your 6th birthday, Dazzlings," Twilight said as she now showed The Dazzlings all the wonderful presents that people had sent her. All of The Dazzlings friends from school had sent in gifts and there were even some gifts from Twilight and Sunset their for the three of them. "Congratulations, girls..."

The Dazzlings looked at all the wonderfully coloured and wrapped boxes with little smiles showing on their faces. They liked surprises now and the contents of all these boxes were a mystery to them all once more. They giddily ran over to the first boxes which had their names on them and pulled them out of the pile.

"Make sure that you read the cards first, girls." Sunset said as she showed the little envelopes taped to the boxes with The Dazzlings' individual names on them. She pulled the envelopes off the boxes and helped The Dazzlings open them up so that they could read them.

"Who's this one from, Sonata?" Twilight asked as she looked at Sonata' little card which had a number of birthday presents on the front and the number 6 in the middle of it all.

"It says that this one's from Cold!" Sonata smiled as she remembered one of the friends she'd made in pre-school was still looking out for her, even when she was about to begin in an actual school. "Hehe, he still likes us all."

"So, what does it say, exactly?" Sunset decided to ask as she looked at the inside of the card to read it out to everyone in the room. "Let's have a good look, now..."

Dear Sonata.

I hope you're having a wonderful 6th birthday. Happy birthday from me and all the other kids from the Cubs.

-Cold Wind

Sonata smiled as she gave the card to Sunset, who put it on a little shelf so that they could all look at the card that Cold Wind had sent them all. Once the card had been put down, Sunset and Twilight saw Sonata ripping into the paper to reveal the present underneath.

Sonata had received a special little dressing table for children her age. The box showed that it had three mirrors with a jewelled frame and little drawers full of childish hairdressing toys and gems. Sonata liked the look of this gift and hugged the box that housed it with a large amount of affection. She was grateful for receiving such a wonderful gift and was also happy that her friends had given it to her.

"What do you think, Sonata?" Sunset asked once Sonata had had enough time to examine the box and the gift inside of it. She could instantly see Sonata's happiness once she turned to look back at Sunset. "Is it a good present?"

"It's a wonderful present, Mommy," She said as she went over to Sunset and hugged her legs once again, yet a little tighter this time. "Thank you, Mommy."

"It's not really me you should be thanking," She said as she turned Sonata's attention to the card that had come with the present again. "If anyone's to thank here, it should be Cold Wind."

"Okay then," She said as she went over to the card and imagined that Cold Wind was in the room with her. She smiled as she envisioned his face holding the card for her to read. "Thank you, Cold."

"Aww... Even after six years as a child, Sonata is still loveable." Twilight said as she watched Sonata imagine that she saying her thanks to Cold Wind. This wonderful acting was still a wonderful sight, not just for her and Sunset, but for everyone else as well.

"Oh! Do me next!" Aria said as she put her hand straight up into the air with enthusiasm once Sonata had finished opening up her first present. She wanted to rip the paper off of this present so much that she even got to her feet and waved, in hopes that Twilight and Sunset would come and help her out with it.

"Heh, alright then, Aria," Sunset said as she came over to Aria's big present and pulled the card off so that she could rip it open herself. She could feel that the card had a few bumps on the top, so maybe this was one of those special 3D cards she'd been hearing so much about. "First up, we need to open up the card."

Sunset ran her fingernail underneath the open part of the back of the envelope and used it to open up the rest of the thing for Aria. Once the envelope was open, she took the card out and tossed the empty envelope into the trash.

"Who's it from, Aria?" Twilight said as she came over to Sunset and Aria and saw the card that she'd received. It was a rather bright one with all kinds of party streamers and balloons on the front. The present part was actually sticking out of the card so that it was a 3D card instead of a regular flat card.

"It says that it's from Ancient Myth and her family." Aria smiled, remembering another of their school friends which they had made over the past few years as children. She remembered all the times that Ancient Myth smiled with her and it made her feel even happier to know that she'd given her a present for being such a good friend to her.

"Well, go on. Read it out, Aria." Twilight said, eager to hear what Ancient Myth had written on her birthday greeting to Aria.

Dear Aria...

Have a wonderful birthday today. We all hope that it's filled with fun, games and presents for you, Adagio and Sonata too.

-Ancient Myth and her Mommy and Daddy.

"Aww, how sweet." Sunset said as she took the card from Aria and put it next to the one that Sonata had received from Cold Wind. The two cards looked pretty cozy together and it made the room feel much more vibrant with birthday cheer.

Aria was finally given the go-ahead to open up the present itself and was greeted with a wonderful surprise inside. Inside the wrapping paper was a little toy bear, similar to that of Adagio's Mr. Fuzzykins but with a more lighter skin colour.

Aria gasped in surprise when she saw the bear she'd received. She squealed in delight as she hugged it tightly, ignoring the label on the bear's back in the spinal area. She was happy with this new plushie partner. Now she had someone to care for, just like Adagio had Mr. Fuzzykins.

"Thanks, Ancient..." She said to the card as she gently hugged the bear, caressing it like Adagio had done with Mr. Fuzzykins in the past. She felt that the label would be a little bit of a bother so she looked up at Sunset and said "Can you cut this label off, Mommy?"

Sunset simply smiled at that sentence and went to go and get a pair of scissors from the kitchen. Aria hugged the bear for the time that Sunset was away and smiled as she felt the soft fabric press against her skin.

Once Sunset finally came back with the scissors, she took the bear from Aria for a few seconds so she could line up the label and clip it off. Once it was all severed from the bear itself, she handed it back to Aria and it now felt like she owned the bear. Aria hugged the bear once more when she finally got it back. She felt like Adagio, a mother to one of her own toys.

"What are you going to name it, Aria?" Sunset asked once Aria had gotten the bear back. Since Aria was now becoming an imaginary mother to her new bear, she had to make a name for it. She couldn't just call it 'her bear' after all.

"I'm gonna call you Fluffy the Hugging Bear." She smiled at that wonderful name she'd just come up with for her new toy. It felt like another new chapter of Aria's life was beginning now as she let the bear's wonderful fabrics rub the open parts of her skin. A feeling of motherhood was now felt among everyone apart from Sonata.

"Hehe, now me!" Adagio said as she finally raised her hand after waiting patiently for her sisters to open their presents and receive their new gifts. She'd been the last one to open a present, but made sure that her opportunity didn't go to waste here. She chose one of her big presents and had Twilight rip the card off of the top.

"This one's from me and Sunset," Twilight said, as she put Adagio onto her feet so she'd be able to reach the looser pieces of wrapping paper that adorned the box. "I hope you like it, Adagio..."

Adagio saw the card being opened and given to her. She walked over to it and opened it up so she could read it. The card itself looked like an invitation to a royal celebration of sorts, depicting that Adagio was some kind of imaginary princess attending a wonderful event.

"You are cordially invited to celebrate your 6th birthday, Adagio," The card said on the front. Adagio smiled and opened the card up, revealing a second message inside that had pen writing around it. "With the presents you get, you'll be the real belle of the ball!"

"Wow, Adagio," Sunset said as she looked at the internal message of the card, reading that Adagio would be adored by many loving subjects with her celebration. "Sounds like everyone loves you..."

Adagio merely smiled at that remark and went on to read the special message that Twilight and Sunset had left for her on her big day.

Dear Adagio.

Today marks your 6th birthday since you came into our lives. Since we both love you very much, we decided to combine our budgets and get you a really big present to celebrate. It's nothing much, but we hope it's what you're happy with...

-Mommy and Auntie Twilight

"Thanks, Mommy. Thanks, Auntie Twilight." She said, smiling at both of them as she handed her card to the both of them so that they could put it over on the nearby shelf with all the other cards. Now there were three birthday cards on the shelf, one for each of The Dazzlings.

"Go on then, Adagio. Let's see what you got..." Sunset said, casting her motherly gaze on Adagio once more as she began to open the present up to see what exactly she'd received.

When Adagio finally removed the last of the paper, she saw a wonderful-looking tricycle on the box with a special girly frame and wicker basket at the front. Adagio smiled at this wondrous gift and immediately opened the flaps on the top of the box and pulled out the bike inside.

She made sure not to swing it around when she pulled it out, since Aria and Sonata were with her, but she did put it on the floor to see how pretty it looked to her. She even sat down on the seat and tried to figure out how to get it moving. She felt the two handlebars which could be used for steering and noticed the two pedals by her little feet. She was about to start moving when Sunset and Twilight stopped her from doing so.

"Ah, ah, ah. You've still got plenty more presents to open first, my sweet little Adagio." Sunset said as she took Adagio off of the bike and put it closer to the bookcase nearby. "Once we finish opening your presents, then you can play on your new bike."

"Hehe, okay, Mommy." Adagio said, following on with Sunset's words. All of her words seemed like they were the best for her, Aria and Sonata. They all followed all that Sunset said, without any sort of resistance, lest they suffer her motherly wrath.

The next few minutes were all about The Dazzlings opening up their many presents with smiles as they saw the wonders inside. The cards they received were also a welcome sight as there were such greetings from Speed Freak, Glass Heart, Wishing Well and all of the Humane 5. The joy on their faces was undeniable, this was their day and they loved every waking moment of it...


Eventually, they ran out of presents to open and thought that their birthday celebration was over. They bore little frowns as they saw nothing left for them to get their little hands on and looked up at Twilight and Sunset with those same looks of sadness.

Twilight and Sunset merely smiled at their little frowns as they went to the nearby closet and opened it up together, smiling at each other as they showed The Dazzlings their last present of the day. It was rather big and covered in rainbow paper, which made all three of The Dazzlings smile at how colourful their last gift looked.

"This last gift is to all three of you," Twilight said, showing Adagio, Aria and Sonata the big box without any card of any description. They instead found a label which read 'To: The Dazzlings. From: Sunset and her Aunties.'. "I hope you enjoy this last gift the most of all, girls..."

"Thanks, Mommy!" They said as they all ran over to the big box and out their little hands on the top of it. The three Sirens looked at each other with little smiles of confidence as they shook their bottoms and readied themselves to lift the top of the box off.

"One... Two... Three!" They counted as they held on tight and all pushed the top of the box off, revealing the gift inside...

"SURPRISE!" Came from inside the box as all five of the Humane 5 sprung out of the box and threw their arms up in celebration. The Dazzlings were rather surprised at first, but their expressions of joy returned when they identified Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack appearing out of the box. "Happy Birthday, Dazzlings!"

The Dazzlings all cheered for their Aunties once they'd finally calmed down from that little jump. This was a wonderful surprise for all of them. Their Aunties were here, celebrating The Dazzlings' sixth birthday together. Once the cheering died down a little, the Humane 5 climbed out of the box and grabbed some air.

"What do you think, girls?" Twilight asked once all seven of the girls were together again, looking over The Dazzlings with happy smiles showing on all of their faces. "Isn't this a wonderful way to start your birthday?"

"It truly is, Auntie Twilight," Adagio said as she smiled at all seven of them and hugged as many legs as she could get her hands on. These slender womanly legs made Adagio feel warm with comfort as she caressed each of them tenderly. "Thank you all for this wonderful day."

"Aww..." The girls all said together and pulled Aria and Sonata into one big group hug with the seven of them and Adagio. A true feeling of motherhood was rubbing off of all the girls as they all shared their affection with one another. It was truly a wonderful way for The Dazzlings start their sixth birthday.

"Well, what are we waiting here for?" Pinkie said once the hug finally dispersed, allowing all ten of the girls to breathe normally once again. "Let's go and cut the birthday cake!"

The girls all liked that idea and walked over to the kitchen, where Sunset had prepared a wonderful chocolate cake for The Dazzlings to eat. The cake was quite wide and had been cut into twenty different segments, which implied that all of the girls were getting two pieces each.

Coming out of the top of the cake, were some candles with stripy poles as a design choice. The Dazzlings liked the look of the candles and saw how wonderful the cake now looked as the candles were lit before them all. Once all six candles were lit, the girls all sang a wonderful song in celebration of The Dazzlings' date of rebirth

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday, dear Dazzlings,
Happy birthday to you...

"Three cheers for the good Dazzlings!" Pinkie said, raising her glass as a toast to all of them.

"Hip-hip, hooray!" Was repeated three times by everyone beside Adagio, Aria and Sonata. They saw how much the girls loved them and knew how much they loved them back. After six years of motherly care under Sunset's wisdom, The Dazzlings were finally looking at a brand new era of prominence and happiness. Their old ways were nothing more than an ancient myth now as Adagio, Aria and Sonata bore smiles of joy, as their wonderful life continued...

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading the ending of Dazzle Dazzle, Little Stars. I know, it's sad that this is the end of the story but as I said before, all good things must come to an end. The one last thing I do with this story is an epilogue that will leave you wondering when the next story will come out. Since it is an epilogue, I'll finally use The Blasters again, so look forward to that when it happens.

If you enjoyed this story, make sure to spread the word to EVERYONE. All your friends online and in reality, to all your friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter and even make a blog post, telling all of you wonderful followers on how much you liked this story and that they should check it out for themselves. I'm not trying to self-promote here by telling you to get your friends, but it would be nice if you did that...

Now then, I've gotta get going. It looks like Celestia and Luna are truly starting to act like foals...

Lauren: Celestia! Get back here with my book! (Chases after foal Celestia)

Celestia: No way, Mama. I know dewe's a spew in hewe dat can tuwn us owd again...

Luna: Tia, don't yoo tink dat dis is a wittwe too much?

Celestia: Quiet, Wuna! (Shoots death glare before looking at Lauren with a nervous smile)

Lauren: Looks like it's time for a little 'motherly wrath', just like Shadowmane wrote about... (Holds up spanking paddle)

Celestia and Luna: No, Mama... Don't- (Spanked violently over and over again)