• Published 28th Sep 2014
  • 8,834 Views, 231 Comments

The Siren Song: Dazzle Dazzle, Little Stars - Shadowmane PX-41



One song. That's all it takes for a whole new life to begin, and for three certain singers, that song is about to change their lives forever.

  • ...
18
 231
 8,834

A Wonderful World Of Fun

One Year Later...


Twilight and Sunset were playing with The Dazzlings in their bedroom, keeping them entertained before they went out tonight. Tonight was the night that the carnival came round again, and The Dazzlings were quite excited to go.

They had been good little girls for five years now and were starting to get treated to bigger and better rewards. This carnival was only here for a limited time, so they were being taken to it before it went away to another city.

"So, Sunset," Twilight began to speak once Sunset had had some time to herself. "What is a carnival, anyway?"

"Well, it's a little harder to explain to an Equestrian. But a carnival is what you'd usually call a fair," Sunset responded, telling Twilight about the wonders of the Human World carnival. "However, it's a little different to an ordinary Equestrian fair."

"Oh? In what way?" Twilight asked, wondering what differences a carnival and an Equestrian fair had.

"Well, there are things here called 'attractions'," Sunset said, explaining to Twilight the differences between the two. "Attractions are special little activities such as roller-coasters and fun houses. There are also some places that sell food at a carnival, in case you happen to be hungry."

"They do food as well?"

"Well, yeah. But it won't be Equestrian food like you're used to," Sunset continued. "The food here also comprises of a few meats and sugar snacks."

"Speaking of which, why don't ponies eat meat?" Twilight decided to ask, curious to know why her kind ate nothing but vegetables.

"Trust me, Twilight, you don't want to know," Sunset said, reminding herself of the fact that it would utterly traumatize Twilight to let her know that meat was made of other animals.

"Oh? And why would that be?" She sounded like Sunset Shimmer was keeping a deep secret from her, something so dark that not even she could know about it. She wanted to know for real why Sunset thought that it would be a bad idea for her to discover meat.

"Well you see, here's the thing..." Sunset ended up whispering it to Twilight in the end, since it was something that equines like her and Twilight had been forbidden to discover...


Twilight ended up running over to the bathroom and started to puke in the toilet, she could never forget what she had heard back there. The whole concept seemed like it was some sick game that mother nature liked to play with her and eventually watch her revile in disgust and horror upon the realization of this fact.

"Uhh... Are you okay, Twilight?" Sunset asked as she now looked at Twilight throwing up in the toilet. She was now kicking herself mentally, seeing one of her friends like this after hearing a fact of this world that she'd imparted onto her.

"Why in Celestia's name would the Human World kill animals..." Twilight finally finished throwing up and turned to face Sunset once more, now with a rather mortified look on her face. "...AND THEN COOK AND EAT THEM?!"

"Well I wasn't going to tell you in the first place, but you DID ask me, after all." Sunset said, reminding Twilight that all her sickness had been caused by her own curiosity.

"Even so, the whole concept of the idea is simply revolting, as Rarity would put it," Twilight said, taking a drink to get the aftertaste of vomit out of her mouth. "Who in their right mind would want to eat once living animals?"

"People who've obviously never been to Equestria, that's for sure," Sunset said as she flushed all the entrails of vomit down the drain so that they would land in the sewers of the Human World.

Twilight had never realized just how monstrous this world was in terms of food. There were humans who would go so far as to kill an innocent pig, chicken or lamb and end up cooking them and serving them to others. She was rather thankful that such an atrocity would never befall upon Equestria, since it was a world made of nothing but animals.

Sunset felt rather miserable for telling Twilight of such a barbaric lifestyle the humans had. She wanted to make it up to her some way possible and then remembered that tonight, She and The Dazzlings were heading out to a carnival. She thought that would be the perfect way for Twilight to ease her nerves.

"Hey, Twilight," Sunset said, putting a hand on Twilight's shoulder to help her feel more at ease with herself. "Would a trip to the carnival help cheer you up?"

"As long as I don't even have to look at any meat of any form, I'll be fine." Twilight said, still shuddering at how such a heinous act like animal slaughter could even be classified as making food.

"Alright then," Sunset said as she escorted Twilight out of the room and back to Musician's Delight. "Let's just get our little stars first, then we can go."

Twilight smiled upon hearing this information. After spending a few years with Sunset in the Human World, she found The Dazzlings and their childish ways to be a spiritual release from all the stress and struggles of her daily life. She looked forward to seeing their smiling faces once she eventually made it to the door, as it told her that everything can be made perfect, given time.

Upon opening the door, both Twilight and Sunset were met with a very familiar sight. Adagio, Aria and Sonata were all playing once more, sinking into feelings of euphoria as they went on with their activities. Sunset and Twilight watched the three of them from the door, sharing looks of motherhood as The Dazzlings had their fun.

Adagio still had Mr. Fuzzykins after all these years, despite getting older now, this bear still held a special place in her heart. The soft fabric felt to her like it had been handed down as a heavenly gift of comfort from whatever god or gods she used to worship back when she had her first life.

Aria was playing a game of imagination with Sonata. The two of them had really changed over the past years, whereas before, Sonata and Aria had a little tension. Now it felt like the two of them were sisters who loved each other, very much.

Once Twilight and Sunset saw The Dazzlings looking at them from their current positions, they decided to stop what they were doing and listen to what they had to say.

"Alright, girls. You've gotta stop playing now," Sunset said, informing them that it was time to go to the carnival she'd wanted to take them to. "I'll give you some time to put away your toys, but then we have to go to the carnival."

The three of them didn't respond verbally and instead responded with actions. Aria and Sonata dropped whatever toys they were using as imaginary items whilst Adagio took Mr. Fuzzykins over to her bed and put him down under the covers before she went on.

"Okay, Mr. Fuzzykins, you sleep tight now," She said as she acted like her own mother in a way towards the stuffed animal. Her words seemed motherly, as if Sunset's ways were starting to rub off on her. She then put her head closer to the bear as if she was imagining that it was telling her something. "What's that? You want me to sing you a lullaby?"

Twilight and Sunset's curiosities were piqued upon hearing that last sentence Adagio spoke. Their pendants had been destroyed for over five years now and now they were wondering if their souls had recovered after the discharge they received upon their defeat. Eventually, their thoughts were answered when Adagio began to sing.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I wonder what you are..." Adagio's voice sounded like it had come down from the heavens as she went on. It sounded like a thing of beauty as her lyrical prowess was used to lull the bear into an imaginary state of slumber.

"Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky..." Her singing had already impressed Twilight and Sunset as they now saw how magical a Siren's singing could be when it wasn't used for evil. The two of them then shared glances, wondering how Adagio possibly knew this song. All that Sunset had ever sang to them was the song she'd received with the card.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I wonder what you are..." Once the song had finished, Adagio tucked Mr. Fuzzykins in for the night and kissed his forehead tenderly. She might have been five years old now, but Adagio still had the freedom to be an imaginary mother to the bear. "Sweet dreams, Mr. Fuzzykins..."

"Aww..." Both Twilight and Sunset said together at how adorable Adagio was. She was not only a cute little girl now, but she was also an adorably cute singer at the same time. And even though Adagio's voice would get deeper as she would get older, Twilight and Sunset were still quite happy with how she'd turned out after she'd sung the Second Life Song with Aria and Sonata.

Adagio then walked on tiptoes, still enthralled with her imagination. She still imagined that Mr. Fuzzykins was fast asleep and she now wanted to avoid waking him up. Once she made it back to Twilight, Sunset, Aria and Sonata, she smiled and walked out the door with them all, allowing Sunset to turn off the lights and shut the door.

"Okay, let's go." Adagio said as she proceeded to walk down the stairs with Twilight, Sunset, Aria and Sonata.

Twilight and Sunset led The Dazzlings downstairs, out the front door and over to the car. Now since The Dazzlings were still quite small for five years of age, they still had to be lifted into the car by Twilight and Sunset. They didn't mind this however, in fact this was one of the old habits that they still enjoyed to this day. The feeling of flying was quite a wonderful feeling for the three of them and it made them feel quite giddy once they had landed in the seats.

Twilight and Sunset smiled once they saw The Dazzlings buckling themselves into the seats. They'd seen how they were growing up once more and were quite impressed with how quickly they were catching on to how they were able to operate things. Once they'd strapped themselves in, Twilight and Sunset did the same once they got into their seats and shut the doors.

Once the doors were shut and locked, Sunset put the key into the ignition slot, twisted it and was now driving the car to the carnival she'd been mentioning. As the engine purred and revved up, Twilight and The Dazzlings immediately felt the vibrations from the seats as they saw Sunset driving the car off the driveway and onto the road.

"Are you sure they'll be able to handle such thrills, Twilight?" Sunset decided to ask as they went past the streets, which had now been illuminated with streetlights since the moon now hung in the sky. "I mean, these thrills are more geared to people our age."

"Well, it all depends on whether or not these attractions are similar to those wild amusement park rides I've seen in Baltimare," Twilight responded, reminding herself that the attractions in Baltimare were quite intense. "If that's the case, then I'm sure there'll be at least one thing The Dazzlings can do, since Baltimare amusement parks have at least one thing for young fillies and colts."

"Either way, there's one thing that we can both take comfort in knowing," Sunset said, showing a smile once more as she finally arrived at the dazzling display of lights, which could only mean one thing to them all... "We're gonna have so much fun here..."


Once The Dazzlings were let out of the car, they were met with such a wonderful sight indeed. The carnival that Sunset had been talking about looked majestic in terms of colours and lights. There were all the different colours that The Dazzlings had been learning about in school and even colours they were unfamiliar with. They all beared smiles as all the wonderfully illuminating lights danced for them right in front of their eyes.

Beyond all the lights, there were attractions and food vendors as far as the eye could see. The Dazzlings heard humans' cries of delight as they rode the many roller-coasters and attractions. There were stuff like drop towers, roller coasters and even a giant slingshot which shot humans up to the air before letting them fall back down at a quite rapid pace.

Despite all these large attractions causing a little bit of fright for some of the people riding them, The Dazzlings were still eager to try all they could possibly do at this time. They shared looks of excitement as they looked at Twilight and Sunset, who now looked at all the attractions themselves, with looks of awe on their face.

"What should we do first?" Twilight eventually asked once she'd gotten over her looks of surprise. She'd seen some pretty big thrills back in Equestria but this was all a big step up from that.

"Well I think we should do something more suited towards The Dazzlings first," Sunset explained her ideals for the night. "If we work our way up to the really big thrills from the smaller things, the really thrilling attractions will seem much better."

"That sounds like a good plan," Twilight said before looking around to find something for Adagio, Aria and Sonata to have fun on together. She eventually saw a carousel nestled in between all the lights and colours and thought that that would be the perfect place to start. "Shall we?"

The others didn't even need a verbal answer to respond to Twilight's words, they knew it straight away that Twilight was going to take them on the carousel together to start with. They walked over to the attraction and saw that it was one token for each of them.

"Tokens?" Twilight asked once she looked at the toll on the board. "Is that the currency of this world?"

"Not exactly," Sunset decided to answer Twilight's question with a logical answer. "The currency of the Human World is actually different depending on where you live here. The currency used in this particular part of the world is known as 'dollars' and most commonly looks like this." Sunset said as she pulled out a $1 bill and showed it to Twilight.

"What's that?" Twilight asked once she got a good look at the crisp, green note with someone's face in the middle of it.

"This is a Dollar, otherwise known in Equestria as a Bit," Sunset explained as she decided to show Twilight every angle of the note, seeing as there was a backside as well. "I guess the Equestrian Bit to Human Dollar exchange rate is equal to one for one..."

"Hmm... Interesting," Twilight said as she now felt her pockets for what she presumed was her money. However, she felt something different to a dollar once she reached into the pocket. There was a leather wallet of sorts which flipped out into three segments once she opened it, with a flap for what she presumed was for her Dollars and a little zip pocket for smaller things. The only other detail she noticed was that her Cutie Mark was emblazoned on the front of the wallet once she closed it back up again. "So, do all humans have things like this?"

"You have your own wallet?" Sunset looked a little surprised that Twilight had now had something to hold onto her money in this world as well as something for her money back in Equestria. "When did that happen?"

"I don't really know," Twilight said, still surprised herself that she was now holding onto a Human World wallet. "I just felt something in my pocket upon your mention of the money of this world and it just popped up like magic."

"There might be something else in your pocket that could explain how you suddenly have a wallet," Sunset said as she now looked at Twilight's open pocket once more. "Have a look and see for yourself..."

Twilight felt her pocket again and felt something else, something much more thinner and paper-like. She pulled out what looked like a scroll from Equestria, ripped off the seal and opened it up wide, reading out the message inside.

Dear Twilight Sparkle...

I understand that you now wish to spend more time in the other world after the whole Siren incident a few years back. If that so happens to be the case, you should know by now that not everything in this world is free. However, to help you get started, me and Luna have casted a powerful spell on you which will give you some money for this new world at monthly intervals. Be sure to spend it wisely if you so happen to live here, you never know when this new money could come in handy for you...

Your faithful ruler,
Princess Celestia.

"Heh, Celestia's got everything covered, hasn't she?" Sunset grinned as she saw Twilight throw the letter into the trash can.

"I can't thank her enough..." Twilight smiled as she looked at the generous gift that Celestia had given her. She was holding onto a wallet, capable of helping her pay for many frivolous wonders this world had to offer her.

"So, now that we've got that little debate over, let's go and have some fun!" Sunset said as she and The Dazzlings got Twilight to walk with them once more.

The five of them walked over to a nearby counter, where someone was giving little tokens in exchange for dollars. He was a rather presentable looking man with clean hair and a white shirt. He saw Twilight and Sunset walking over to them and got his token box out. His box was rather large, capable of holding at least ten thousand tokens. And all of them were caressed in a plastic cube with a little top clamped onto the edges of the box's top.

"Evening, ladies," He said once Twilight and Sunset made it over to the counter he stood at. "How can I help you tonight?"

"We'll take a hundred tokens, please." Sunset said as she put a ten dollar bill onto the counter so that the man could take it and give them their much needed tokens for the night.

"Alright ladies, just let me count them all up..." He said once he accepted the money, opened the box and begun counting the tokens inside. He took them out ten at a time and put them into little groups of ten so that it was easier for him to count. "Ninety-eight... Ninety-nine... One hundred."

"Thanks, mister." Sunset smiled as she took the little tokens and walked away from the counter with Twilight and The Dazzlings, enabling the people behind them to exchange their money for tokens.

"You're welcome, ladies. Have a nice night." He said as he waved the five girls off and then turned to face his next customers.

"A hundred tokens for only ten bucks, if that's not a bargain then I don't know what is." Sunset smiled as she organized all the little tokens and put them into her pocket.

"This should get us on all of the attractions here," Twilight said before looking back at Adagio, Aria and Sonata. "Well... Almost all of them."

"Don't worry about that, Twilight," Sunset said as she too looked back on The Dazzlings. "We'll do what we CAN do with these little angels and save what we can't do for another time."

"But this carnival doesn't come back for at least another year or so, according to what you told me," Twilight said as she reminded Sunset of that one vital fact that she'd almost forgotten. "Meaning, if we miss out on any of the attractions here, we'll have to wait until next year to see them again."

"As I said before, we'll do what we can do this year and save the things we can't do for another year." Sunset said as she finally got back in the line for the carousel with Adagio, Aria and Sonata, almost leaving Twilight behind someone else.

Twilight and Sunset were now waiting in the line with The Dazzlings, watching all the wonders of the carnival go right before their eyes to pass the time. It was a rather wonderful place to be in and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Their bliss almost seemed like it was too much sometimes and it almost made Twilight feel on edge. But luckily for her, Sunset was there to help calm herself.

Eventually, the line ahead of them started to move and the five of them decided to move forward. Once Twilight and Sunset made it to the end of the line with Adagio, Aria and Sonata, they paid the man five of their tokens and made their way onto he carousel's frame and began to choose where to sit.

"I wanna ride the pony!" Sonata exclaimed as she saw a rather majestic horse with a pole through its' chest.

Twilight reviled in horror once again, looking at the pole going through the horse's skin. She then calmed herself once she saw that this was only used to help people balance and that the horse wasn't actually real. She thought that this world was good at dark humour, since the horses did resemble Earth Ponies from Equestria.

She helped Sonata up onto the horse by gently lifting her up onto the saddle. Once she saw how comfortable Sonata looked up there, she smiled and helped Adagio and Aria with their choices of seating. Ironically, they chose to sit on the backs of the fake horses as well.

Since Twilight and Sunset were still mother figures for The Dazzlings, they sat close to them. Once the five of them were nice and comfortable on the hard saddles, they held onto the swirled poles tightly so that they didn't fall off once the ride begun.

One of the members of staff came onto the frame and made sure that everyone was sat down comfortably. He made sure that everyone was holding on tight to whatever they were using to keep themselves on and smiled once he saw everyone was safe. He then jumped off the frame and shut the gate that everyone had came through, which gave the ride operator the go-ahead to start the ride.

Once he pressed a button, everyone on the ride could immediately feel the ride start to move. Upon this realization, they held on to the poles even tighter. The horses bobbed up and down whilst the carriages tilted slightly as the ride went on. This was all accompanied by some delightful music throughout the whole ride.

Adagio, Aria and Sonata could feel the horses move up and down at a gentle pace as the ride went on and on. This was an action that they approved of and even imagined that the horses they rode on were actual horses.

"Hehe, come on, Buttercup! Giddy up!" Sonata said, as she rode her horse throughout the whole ride.

"We're gonna win this race for sure!" Aria said as she used one of her free hands to slap the fake horse's flank like a racer would with a whipping stick.

"Hehe, I've never felt so alive!" Adagio said as she used her own free hand to stroke the horse's chin as she rode it. It wasn't a real horse, like all the others, but Adagio had been using her imagination a lot lately and so she imagined that she was riding a real, majestic horse.

Twilight and Sunset looked at each other on some occasions of the ride, sharing smiles as they looked ahead once more. There was a lot of fun things to do in this world instead of just being called in to stop an ancient evil from attacking. Twilight and Sunset's euphoria was quite clear, this fun could be shared by and was for everybody.


Once the ride had finished, Twilight and Sunset got off first and helped The Dazzlings back down onto their feet. After they were all together once more, Twilight and Sunset walked them off of the carousel's frame and back onto the grassy roads of the carnival.

"That was actually quite fun, Sunset," Twilight said once they had a minute to calm down after all that excitement. "It made not only me happy, but The Dazzlings happy as well."

"No arguments there," Sunset said, smiling at the fact that The Dazzlings were indeed happy with what had just happened back there on the carousel. "They definitely look like they had fun."

"That was fun!" The Dazzlings all said together, before sharing a little chuckle afterwards. "What now, Mommy?" They turned to face Sunset once they had calmed down.

"Well, I'm thinking that we could head to the roller-coasters next," Sunset said, putting together a mental route of attractions together in her mind. "Then we could head to the fun house and grab a bite to eat afterwards, if you're alright with that."

"I'm up for that idea," said Twilight showing her smile once more as she kneeled down to The Dazzlings to get their answers. "What about you, girls?"

"Yes, please!" Adagio said, showing her enthusiasm for all that Sunset had spoke of. She was now backing this idea all the way and waited eagerly for Aria and Sonata's responses.

"Sure!" Aria said, grinning excitedly at this choice of events. "What about you, Sonata?"

"Well..." Sonata thought about it for a little bit, making the other four girls get in closer on her. She decided to delay her answer for added tension in the hopes that they'd be quite cheerful with the response. "Let's go!"

The five of them cheered together and were now on their way, running happily like schoolchildren to the nearest roller-coaster they could find. Their euphoric looks were quite clear for all to see, Twilight, Sunset and The Dazzlings loved this wonderful world of fun that they were now playing in and wanted to make the absolute most of it.

Twilight, Sunset, Adagio, Aria and Sonata eventually made it into the queue for a ride called the 'Woodchuck' and smiled once they made it under one of the wooden arches of the wooden support that held the ride up. The roller-coaster itself looked like it was all made out of wood, apart from the metal bars hidden underneath the planks and the more metallic roller-coaster cars which the riders were sitting in.

It took more time than before to make it to the end of the line this time, but that didn't bother any of the girls in the slightest. Adagio and Sonata were talking to each other, wondering how this ride would make them squeal in delight as opposed the carousel they'd just came off of.

Aria was with Twilight and Sunset, wanting to sit with one of them once they eventually made it to the ride's seats themselves. She had a very eager smile on her face, as she wanted to get the front seats this time.

Eventually, Twilight, Sunset and The Dazzlings made it to the end of the queue and were put into different numbered pens with metallic gates standing in the way of them and the tracks. There were fifteen pens in all and each of them housed three people. Twilight decided to take Adagio and Sonata with her into her pen whilst Sunset took Aria with her into a different pen. Twilight had pen number 7 which was more nearer to the middle of the cars, whereas Sunset had pen number 3, which was closer to the front.

Once one of the roller-coaster trains came back to the station and allowed all the people sitting on it to get off, the metallic gates at the ends of the pens slowly swung open, allowing everyone to take their seats.

Twilight and Sunset walked The Dazzlings with them into the cars they had been allocated and watched them climb over the little bumps in between chairs. Whilst the chairs were rather hard, at least they were safe, with a seatbelt on each of them and a safety bar that Sunset and Twilight pulled down for themselves and The Dazzlings.

As before, someone came to check that everyone had their seatbelts fastened and that the bars were securely locked in place for everyone to hold onto them without fear. Once his safety check was a success, he let the ride operator close up the pen gates whilst the current train left the station.

Once the train started moving, Adagio and Sonata looked a little scared at first when they saw the train moving towards a hill, but Twilight gently stroked them and told them that there was nothing to fear.

The train made it to the hill and a little chain latched onto one of the train's internal mechanisms and pulled it up to the top of the hill. A clacking noise could be heard as they were all pulled up the hill and into the night sky. The Dazzlings looked on, seeing that they were running out of space to climb. Adagio and Sonata showed worry again, but Aria showed a little sign of happiness.

When the train made it to the top of the hill, it dropped a tiny amount of distance and made a right turn. The clacking noise couldn't be heard anymore and was now replaced with the noise of the train picking up speed. Once it made it to the end of the turn, it suddenly angled downwards at a 60 degree angle and picked up a massive burst of speed, launching all the riders down it.

Twilight and Sunset were holding on for dear life at this moment, elicting Adagio and Sonata to do the same. Aria, on the other hand was merely smiling. She put her hands up as soon as she started to drop and felt the air rushing towards her face as the pace of the ride increased. Despite all their screams of both joy and terror, the five of them knew that their night of fun was only just beginning...

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading the latest chapter of Dazzle Dazzle, Little Stars. Now according to what I've recently been digging up (With a little wake up call from Equestria Daily's page) I need to add commas to the end of character dialogue whenever their dialogue jumps to the end of the phrase as well. I also need to be a little more descriptive whenever I explain something to you guys. Something about Show V.S Tell in a way that can possibly grab more viewers, I don't really know.

I've also decided that after this story is finished, I'm gonna go back over every chapter and snipe those errors I made in the past and fix them up. Now some of you might be asking "Why don't you do it now instead of then?" The reason for this is that if I spend too much time fixing my chapters, that'll cause some outrage to all the people requesting new chapters and I don't really feel like keeping my audience hanging.

But anyways, this was A Wonderful World Of Fun from Dazzle Dazzle, Little Stars and I hope you all enjoyed it. Now whilst you all go leave your wonderful comments down there in that box below, Me and Nighty are about to be tucked in for the night...

Luna: Alright little ones, time for you to go to sleep... (Replaces our candy with our pacifiers and levitates us into the portable crib with the other foalized authors.) You can finish off your candies tomorrow...

Me and Night--Mist: Otay, Mama... (Fall asleep in the crib, slowly sucking the pacifiers.)

Lauren: Such wonderful little foals you've raised, Celestia...

Celestia: Thank you, mother. We did our best, after all...

Lauren: You know, they remind me of you two, when you were my little foals...

Luna: I guess having royal foals in the family DOES bring back some memories...

Lauren: Don't you wish you could become a foal like those beautiful little angels and just play with them, knowing that everything's going to be alright?

Celestia: Yeah... (Looks at all the sleeping foal authors.)

Luna: Sister... What are you saying?

Celestia: Huh? W-What? Oh, Luna. I didn't hear you speak, what did you say?

Luna: Why would you want to be a foal again?

Celestia: I don't really know, it's just an obsession I've been having recently...

Luna: Well then please make sure you keep your obsessions under control. (Climbs into bed) Goodnight, sister...

Celestia: Goodnight, Luna... (Winks at Lauren)

Lauren: (Casts an Age-Regression spell on Celestia and Luna, turning them into sleeping Alicorn foals before flying them into an open part of the portable crib.) Sweet dreams, my little ponies...